Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Scudworth posted:

yes, Spontaneanation, but it's not on a regular schedule.

https://soundcloud.com/spontaneanation

I think his original independent podcast run too is very good, although it's really old at this point so some of the topical stuff might be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I had trouble getting into the Pod F. Tompcast after the fact, I think I was missing too much context. I basically just remember interconnected Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber sketches leading into rambling phone conversations with Jen Kirkman.

Spontaneanation is dope though. The interviews are usually interesting and I almost always really enjoy the improv.

When will PFT guestspert on MBMBAM to talk about, I dunno, comedy and weight loss?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Just on the topic of the maxfun ads being bad, my girlfriend loves stop podcasting yourself and constantly complains about "those unfunny loving mcelroy assholes that are on every other commercial" so I think they are all pretty poor indicators of if the show is good

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

PFT used to be on Stop Podcasting Yourself all the dang time, where'd he go :(

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I really really want PFT to be on MBMBAM now.

I parsed this as PFTCommenter at first, which would be a loving trip.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like The Flop House, but I'll often abandon it once the Letters from Listeners segment starts.

The best bad movie podcast is The Worst Idea of All Time

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I like The Flop House, but I'll often abandon it once the Letters from Listeners segment starts.

The best bad movie podcast is The Worst Idea of All Time

We're all just waiting for Til Death Do Us Blart to build up a decent backlog.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Scudworth posted:

yes, Spontaneanation, but it's not on a regular schedule.

https://soundcloud.com/spontaneanation

SPONT has dropped an episode every single Monday for the year and a half since it launched :confused:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Deport The Irish posted:

It also holds a special niche of being literally the only conspiracy/fringe podcast on the internet that isn't completely unlistenable garbage.

Have you ever listened to Last Podcast on the Left? It's very well-produced and well-researched, and they cover a ton of different conspiracy poo poo like Area 51, Nazi connections in the Occult, 9/11 as a ritual for Baphomet, and more, but I can definitely see how the hosts' senses of humor could make it unlistenable for many.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Deport The Irish posted:

It also holds a special niche of being literally the only conspiracy/fringe podcast on the internet that isn't completely unlistenable garbage.

Well, Blame It On Outer Space gets pretty good.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Have you ever listened to Last Podcast on the Left? It's very well-produced and well-researched, and they cover a ton of different conspiracy poo poo like Area 51, Nazi connections in the Occult, 9/11 as a ritual for Baphomet, and more, but I can definitely see how the hosts' senses of humor could make it unlistenable for many.

They're super crude and pretty mean, but if you don't mind that then yeah, they cover a lot of interesting things and there's a massive backlog.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen
So is there no new MBMBaM this week? I've checked the twitter a few times but no info. Did they take off because of MaxfunConEast? As if we needed another reason not to like Maxfun...

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

CronoGamer posted:

As if we needed another reason not to like Maxfun...

*eyeroll*

Monday was Labor Day. They sometimes release eps on major holidays but usually not.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

CronoGamer posted:

So is there no new MBMBaM this week? I've checked the twitter a few times but no info. Did they take off because of MaxfunConEast? As if we needed another reason not to like Maxfun...

It's up now.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI922abKXaQ

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

myron cope posted:

Paul F Tompkins owns and if he was on MaxFun I'd listen to his show. Wait. Does he have a podcast?

It just ended this January, but he hosted the dead authors podcast, which is hysterical. hes in character as H.G. Wells and interviews other comedians who are in character as a different authors every show. (You do not need to know who the authors even are to enjoy it, the comedians usually know as much as you do)

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Edit: Nevermind, new MBMBAM!

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
This is barely on topic but anyone else who loves PFT has got to listen to his episode of The Mental Illness Happy Hour. It's incredibly humanizing and made me appreciate a lot of his comedy more. http://mentalpod.com/Paul-F-Tompkins-podcast

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

If we're just making podcast recommendations please listen to The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project.

There are only like 9 episodes but the "Travel Bug with August Lindt" episode is the funniest thing I've ever listened to.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Griffin is a little bit pudgier in some of his polygon videos than I envisioned him. All those Amibos must be high in calories

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
New Still Buffering out as well, it's a very Smacelroy day for me :)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

General Dog posted:

Griffin is a little bit pudgier in some of his polygon videos than I envisioned him. All those Amibos must be high in calories
I mean he's not rail-thin but having met the dude, he wasn't particularly pudgy. also bringing that up is kinda weird???

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

The only Non McElroy show on MaxFun I hit up is Adam Ruins Everything, because it's like PnT's Bullshit without a weird Libertarian bent.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Stroop There It Is posted:

I mean he's not rail-thin but having met the dude, he wasn't particularly pudgy. also bringing that up is kinda weird???

I just want that sweet boy to live a healty life

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

ImPureAwesome posted:

It just ended this January, but he hosted the dead authors podcast, which is hysterical. hes in character as H.G. Wells and interviews other comedians who are in character as a different authors every show. (You do not need to know who the authors even are to enjoy it, the comedians usually know as much as you do)

Andy Daly's episodes as L Ron Hubbard are amazing.

I also would imagine that Pod F. Tompkast would hold up well. It wasn't especially time-sensitive, he tends to record podcasts months ahead of time anyway so he doesn't really talk about current events. But yeah, if rambling Andrew Lloyd Webber transitioning to a phone call with Jen Kirkman doesn't do it for you then don't bother.

If you want to test it out, Episode 18 has Advice to the Probably Dead and it is my favorite thing the podcast ever did.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't really feeling this episode until they got to the GameFAQs part, then I was giggling like a crazy person on the bus.

Also I've really been enjoying Rose Buddies. I listened to a bunch of the Rose Buddiez episodes, then the entire Bachelor season, and just started on the Bachelorette. I am not watching along because I don't want to be spoiled by trying to look these people up since the show is over. I looked up what Ben and Lauren B and Jojo and Caila-001 looked like when it was all over, so I'll probably do that when I get to the end of this season.

If I can catch up in time (which at the rate I'm going will definitely happen) I'll probably watch along with the next Bachelor.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Asiina posted:

If I can catch up in time (which at the rate I'm going will definitely happen) I'll probably watch along with the next Bachelor.

Do it. I have a feeling it's going to be a good one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Level up Chie Satonaka until she learns Bufu, use it on bosses. Die in your sleep.

This is how Griffon actually got hired at Polygon

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xHw_zAJRDk&t=55s

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Weirdly enough, the MBMBaM ads on the Flophouse finally got me to give the boys a chance. The "comedy advice" description made them sound like one of the hundred other random comedians talking about whatever shows, but the phrasing on their ad was bizarre enough to make me curious.

For anyone looking for good mystery/conspiracy podcasts, "Thinking Sideways" is probably the best one I've come across. The hosts do an incredible amount of research on whatever the mystery is, and they take the time to consider every theory no matter how wacky they personally think it is.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/773289435995643904

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
harvest cheddar are truly the best sun chips

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I really enjoyed how suddenly Griffin lost patience with this week's opening bit after advocating it at the top of the show.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh god, not vore again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Griffin says in the replies to that tweet that he's aware of how people have been taking the vore and has been trying to do it less.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Please don't kinkshame this mouthboy

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Griffin says in the replies to that tweet that he's aware of how people have been taking the vore and has been trying to do it less.

I am in favor of more vore bits.

wait, I think vore where they chew is something else so, not bits

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhaEItptskY

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I knit plushies (amongst other things) and for an SA secret santa a few years ago my santee said that his favourite pokemon was Miltank so I made him a Miltank.

Those udders haunt me as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Asiina made me a Tauros that is rad too