Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

TwoPair posted:

No, Wasp was actually in the Microverse, I forget what the Infinite Mansion was actually built on

e: the Infinite Mansion was a really neat concept and I think it's too bad they got rid of it. I mean, it's a house and effectively a teleporter!

Nope, she had gone through some Pym Particle Fuckery and become the Underspace, which was where the mansion was located.

E: wait. gently caress. Somehow it's both?

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

YA volume 1 is fine, it's just that Children's Crusade being so poo poo and volume 2 being so loving incredible makes it look worse in comparison.

Also it's got some mid-2000s-rear end art, in the sense that Kate Bishop is Tits McBoobsCity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, I just wanna read some funnybooks!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I prefer Young Avengers v1 far more than v2.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is that the one where they change to teen Loki or Agent of Asgard? AoA is after YA.

Agent of Asgard is by Ewing, Gillen's Loki isn't a run per se over a collection of various comics Gillen wrote that cover two different events and like six different ongoing series. It's the most catch-as-catch-can-rear end run of comics we've seen in a long time, where Gillen basically had to do some Olympic gymnast-level contortions to continue Loki's story. It's kind of amazing it ended up as good as it was, since it runs the gamut from a couple of issues of JMS' Thor run to a couple of issues of New Mutants.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 7, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Nope, she had gone through some Pym Particle Fuckery and become the Underspace, which was where the mansion was located.

http://marvel.com/universe/Underspace

Then got ignored when they got Wasp out of the microverse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only thing I didn't like about YA Vol 1 was Kate's terrible original outfit. Ugh, belly bearing crop tops.

So I've been organizing comics, and All new Hawkeye has 3 #5s?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I prefer Young Avengers v1 far more than v2.

Yes but we're all used to your bad opinions.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cage #1 preview http://www.cbr.com/genndy-tartakovskys-cage-1/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They were showing these pages at cons like 10 years ago.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
And there's still a typo.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Toxxupation posted:

If you're gonna read Young Avengers volume 2 you really, really should read Gillen's Loki run beforehand, because that run of comics (while great on their own) is a really crucial component of Young Loki's journey.

I mean, it depends. It's not necessary, it works fine by itself, but I personally consider Gillen's Loki to be my favorite Marvel character ever and the work he puts in to make Loki into the character he becomes is loving incredible.

As someone super new to comic books (barely a year), if found it so interesting that I basically binged all the young Loki material in less than a week. I then had a rueful feeling that I somehow hadn't given it its due by rushing through it. I should re-read it some time.

I also really like McKelvie's style, though I'd imagine a lot of people find it ugly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of luke cage, power man and iron fist is a fun book

well, civil war 2 hit the lighthearted side pretty hard but I still like it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I can't help but read Cage's dialogue in Phil Lamarr's voice

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Moon Knight is such a good book right now. The James Stokoe segment has me so excited fr the next issue.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

ub posted:

I also really like McKelvie's style, though I'd imagine a lot of people find it ugly.

Ignore those people, they are silly.

Edit for better content: According to the letters page on this month's ANAD Avengers there'll be a new Wasp comic early next year,

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 7, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Gwenpoole is in the audiance in X-men 92 Lilapalooza, at least I assume the blond girl with pink tips is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Ignore those people, they are silly.

Edit for better content: According to the letters page on this month's ANAD Avengers there'll be a new Wasp comic early next year,

This was announced back in July, actually. I noticed just before opening the book that Whitley's name was on the cover and was "Oh, huh, the guy doing the new Wasp book, so this isn't really going to be an issue of Avengers so much Wasp #0". I like when they lean into Jan being Tony Stark-wealthy and it's cute that fashion is how she foiled the baddies. Also implies that Nadia's first big villain's probably the Maker?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Starsnostars posted:

Moon Knight is such a good book right now. The James Stokoe segment has me so excited fr the next issue.

The super hero movie discussion at the beginning is pretty meta

Okay the rest of the book was really good

site fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 8, 2016

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Going back over the latest issue of ANAD Avengers I hadn't noticed the fashion stuff first time around. Also, for the next Marvel event, whatever it is, I think the first panel on page 13 will probably be an appropriate response.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Whisper showing up to fight Nadia just reminds me how lame ultimate Reed has been since he got ported over

In other news this week, apparently Cindy Moon can create entire multicolored costumes from her webbing?

site fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 8, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Cindy's been able to make surprisingly intricate outfits from webbing for a while now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh huh guess I must've forgotten that detail

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Wanderer posted:

Cindy's been able to make surprisingly intricate outfits from webbing for a while now.

Well when you're stuck in a bunker for like a decade, you do a lot of knitting and weaving

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

site posted:

Whisper showing up to fight Nadia just reminds me how lame ultimate Reed has been since he got ported over

In other news this week, apparently Cindy Moon can create entire multicolored costumes from her webbing?

I haven't quite caught up on it yet, but I like him in the current new avengers. he's just so happy to be evil that I can't bring myself to dislike him

he doesn't come off as evil reed richards tho. he's not much like reed at all, tho I guess I never did read ultimate f4 so idk if there's a reason for that or not

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Well he's in the ol 616 now, the land where things (generally) match up to the real world for ~realism~. Poor bastard's never gonna be able to pull some poo poo like nuking Washington back during the "who gives a gently caress" era of Ultimate. He needs to look into conquering Wakanda or Latveria or one of those other places that doesn't actually exist.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The Maker and WHISPER have been absolutely excellent in New Avengers, though? Like...what? Ultimate Reed is still loving great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

Well, yes? Like, where do you think she got her actual costume, which has a red logo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Well, yes? Like, where do you think she got her actual costume, which has a red logo?

Ronnie?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Toxxupation posted:

The Maker and WHISPER have been absolutely excellent in New Avengers, though? Like...what? Ultimate Reed is still loving great.

I dunno, like TwoPoint touched on I just feel like ult Reed has just sorta become generic completely ineffectual bad guy when he used to be kind of an interesting character

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Eh, the Maker has been fine inn New Avengers but he's a very different character from the Ultimates run where he was the villain or even Secret Wars.

I think that's also made him into a very generic super science villain who could be swapped out for any number of other characters without having to change 95% of his dialogue, but that's also definitely more my tastes and opinions.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's nowhere near as bad as people are making out, but yes, there's been some changes because he's not in a setting where you can do poo poo like have half of Asia be destroyed nor is he being written by Hickman.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You're right.

He's being written by someone better.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A tree stump?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Gwenpoole is in the audiance in X-men 92 Lilapalooza, at least I assume the blond girl with pink tips is.

That's a crowd of Marvel editors, so I presume that it's Heather Antos who has cosplayed as Gwenpool. Jordan D. White is really racking up the appearances in comics! It must be the moustache.

Marvel Tsum Tsum continued to be lovely this week. It really is just adorable little Marvel blobs in the Marvel universe, but it has the feel of an 80s adventure movie with Looter and the kids.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

PantsOptional posted:

It wasn't her, but they thought it was. I forget who it was but it was someone else. Michael? Michael the douche who can't control his powers.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Nevvy Z posted:

It wasn't her, but they thought it was. I forget who it was but it was someone else. Michael? Michael the douche who can't control his powers.

It was Carina, Michael Korvac's wife and the Collector's daughter, who committed suicide-by-Thor at the end of the Korvac Saga.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Starsnostars posted:

I love having a different artist for every aspect of his identity. Usually having multiple artists in an issue is disjointing but it works perfectly for the story they're telling. Stokoe, Francavilla, Torres, and Smallwood are all great so them working the story together like this is really cool.

I'm not sure if this or Old Man Logan is Lemire's best Marvel book, but they're both really drat good.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm giving Death of X a shot just because Lemire is writing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

X-O posted:

I love having a different artist for every aspect of his identity. Usually having multiple artists in an issue is disjointing but it works perfectly for the story they're telling. Stokoe, Francavilla, Torres, and Smallwood are all great so them working the story together like this is really cool.

I'm not sure if this or Old Man Logan is Lemire's best Marvel book, but they're both really drat good.

I've got high hopes for his upcoming Thanos book too, although I hope it's got a different colourist to whoever is on Iron Man right now. It really feels like Deodato's art has gotten worse recently and it feels like the colours are the issue.

• Locked thread