Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Make the game more fun.

Fun isn't allowed. You're only allowed to play with the 5 other people in your elo bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I think they're going to buff the gently caress out of side arms to try and push people into using them and nerf snipers and shotguns.

I also think they'll up the lethality a little bit on some underused weapons.

Didn't the vidoc have a guy mention sidearms in passing? I think you're right, they're definitely going to get used, and not just for some broken special ammo type exploit. They're dope now with a little practice, it's just that the meta rules all.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Fun isn't allowed. You're only allowed to play with the 5 other people in your elo bracket.

I only have three people on my friends list in my elo bracket. I cant have fun :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Didn't the vidoc have a guy mention sidearms in passing? I think you're right, they're definitely going to get used, and not just for some broken special ammo type exploit. They're dope now with a little practice, it's just that the meta rules all.

Yep and one of the vids showed a dude burst firing one and it was doing crazy headshot damage.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

Yep and one of the vids showed a dude burst firing one and it was doing crazy headshot damage.

P. sure that's a new exotic, they can't all do that.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's loving Robocop's gun so it better have the twirl animation damnit.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Reflex (AA), Counterbalance, Braced Frame. This thing is a murder machine.
:stare:

Psi Alba IV is a rad blue that goes under the radar. I have a CB/BF roll as well and it's p fun to run around with. I plan to invite people to do "blues only" private matches, just to whip out that gun and play like nothing's different for me.

Another blue to keep an eye out for, if you like dorking around with blue weapons, is the Mos Azoth IV hand cannon. Eyasluna impact/RoF archetype, can roll Send It and Rangefinder/Life Support. Nearly vertical recoil.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

P. sure that's a new exotic, they can't all do that.

There are about 12 real guns in destiny they just dress them all up a bit to get the 42,069 we can use.

What I'm saying is that sidearm will do the same dps as whatever class of sidearm it is based on.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Nice. No OAS is a bummer but still worth keeping. Good roll.

OAS, smallbore, full auto, range finder. It's basically a burst fire scout. :v:

Heck yes. I've got that roll with HCR instead of FA and it rips on big maps. Alternate perk in the Rangefinder column is Unflinching.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Looking forward to armor mats being purchaseable. Its the only reason i dont have 3 335 characters. Well that snd i dont have a relic for my warlock but gently caress warlocks.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Yeah it looked like a 2 burst kill. Wanna get my hands on that one.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There are about 12 real guns in destiny they just dress them all up a bit to get the 42,069 we can use.

What I'm saying is that sidearm will do the same dps as whatever class of sidearm it is based on.

It looks like a need archetype though

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Looking forward to armor mats being purchaseable. Its the only reason i dont have 3 335 characters. Well that snd i dont have a relic for my warlock but gently caress warlocks.

Just buy the cheap poo poo armor from the vanguard and dismantle. Not ideal but who gives a gently caress about glimmer.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There have been exotics that break archetypes before. The robocop gun could be one

Look I just really want Robocop's gun to be good.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Look I just really want Robocop's gun to be good.

Same.

Too bad it wasn't at PAX.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
No one is going to use side arms when the other special weapons are one hit kills.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

No one is going to use side arms when the other special weapons are one hit kills.

36 hours :getin:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm afraid of someone looking up my atrocious KDR after I say I love using sidearms over shotguns :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I haven't played since they dropped the new POE with exciting weekly modifiers that change

Have they added anything since?

I pre-ordered rise of iron because I'm a big dumb and even though this game sucks I like the gunplay too much. poo poo between the initial game/season pass and subsequent releases I'm like $160 deep in this garbage?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

sunday at work posted:

They will if they limited drops from boxes and stowed capacity in pvp.

Waiting three minutes or so for 3 sniper rounds and only starting with 4 shots and not bringing nlb and ur to yr 3 would put a crimp in the special maining style.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I haven't played since they dropped the new POE with exciting weekly modifiers that change

Have they added anything since?

I pre-ordered rise of iron because I'm a big dumb and even though this game sucks I like the gunplay too much. poo poo between the initial game/season pass and subsequent releases I'm like $160 deep in this garbage?

CoE and nightfalls are fun again after doing 0 PVE content since like january for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

They will if they limited drops from boxes and stowed capacity in pvp.

Waiting three minutes or so for 3 sniper rounds and only starting with 4 shots and not bringing nlb and ur to yr 3 would put a crimp in the special maining style.

They can't get rid of those, there isn't going to be a Y3 cutoff like last time. All they can do is nerf them.

IIRC last time they commented on NLB they felt that its high skill floor balances it. UR doesn't have that going for it so it's going to have to get cut down a peg or three.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
UR is getting crippled in 2 days I guarantee it

NLB is fine exactly how it is, you should either feel shame or awe when you're killed by it and this is mostly the case

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

UR is getting crippled in 2 days I guarantee it

NLB is fine exactly how it is, you should either feel shame or awe when you're killed by it and this is mostly the case

Yeah I think nlb is fine too for the most part. UR is aids though.

If bungie dont do something to fix the shotgun meta they need their heads read its been 2 loving years of the same bullshit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shotguns are mostly fine, snipers are mostly fine. The issue is that despite continually choking off the supply of special ammo people are still maining them and there's too many OHK encounters in the game.

Either cut the ammo in half or come up with some new mechanic to slow things down. Fewer crates per game, lose ammo on death, restrict your loadout to two available weapons.. something.

Or turn all specials into wet noodles so bad that no one ever uses them again!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Which is better?

Her fury with Longview, hand laid stock, hidden hand

LDR with ambush, injection mold, and unflinching?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Booties posted:

Which is better?

Her fury with Longview, hand laid stock, hidden hand

LDR with ambush, injection mold, and unflinching?

Ambush is kinda poo poo. So go for the Fury

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

CheeseFactory posted:

Ambush is kinda poo poo. So go for the Fury

Will it win me 199 consecutive games of trials?

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
But the LDR has better base stability I think. It seems so gooooood

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Oh the LDR has Longview as well!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Booties posted:

Oh the LDR has Longview as well!

There's more utility in your Fury roll

Ambush is poo poo, disregard it's stability increases.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Ok I'll go with the Fury

In other news: our four-peat friend is having meltdowns in halo land again

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=462752763#post462752763

I knew him back in 2008 when he was a teenager just getting into halo. Amazing how he still freaks out all the time.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Booties posted:

Ok I'll go with the Fury

In other news: our four-peat friend is having meltdowns in halo land again

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=462752763#post462752763

I knew him back in 2008 when he was a teenager just getting into halo. Amazing how he still freaks out all the time.

loving lol altesien getting trolled by zaphod

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

loving lol altesien getting trolled by zaphod

:laugh:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Green bars are just a suggestion: http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/7afe1280-c740-4623-bd7c-e11c7c2a7599

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Been teaching myself TLW. ADS is certainly more reliable with hit registration but gee whiz is it unwieldy. Should I make a point to get proficient or is hip firing copacetic enough?

E: Imgur bleh

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The hip-firing damage bonus no longer applies, just ads.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

lol I guess the plan was to jump to the platform, over its wall?
http://i.imgur.com/SsPZRAi.gifv
Came back hard, won by less than a kill.

Been teaching myself TLW. ADS is certainly more reliable with hit registration but gee whiz is it unwieldy. Should I make a point to get proficient or is hip firing copacetic enough?

E: Imgur bleh

Get good and aiming with it. It's the only way now. Hip firing is pretty worthless.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Oh baby was just watching some old video on RoI gear and noticed this

Braced Frame 77 Wizard :awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Who cares it's a fusion rifle

• Locked thread