Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you complete a relic/charm it gains a bonus attribute, usually something very useful, so i'd wait until i have the whole thing b4 enchanting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Playing this just made me want to try Grim Dawn again

this is such a better game than grim dawn imo. i mean the melee feels great in GD but everything else about that game is worse. maybe once it exits early access in another 3 years it'll be worth a replay, but its pretty lovely that you've seen like every monster the game can roll by early act 2

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you complete a relic/charm it gains a bonus attribute, usually something very useful, so i'd wait until i have the whole thing b4 enchanting

well, too late for that. that relic does seem to drop pretty frequently where i'm at tho (just outside of sparta) so i might do a few more runs through the area to try and find it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im on a 980, why is this game hitching lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

im on a 980, why is this game hitching lol

its always gonna hitch on area transitions, if it just lags in general u might wanna reinstall or do other steam fix poo poo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's just doing a weird hitching thing where is slows Down and the next second it's like fast forwarding

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that happens to me whenever I die and sometimes when I teleport on a 960

anyway so I'm curious am I doing something wrong, build-wise, or is running around popping potions a good way to deal with heroic mobs in this game? cus if i stand still and smack them they tend to ruin my poo poo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's just doing a weird hitching thing where is slows Down and the next second it's like fast forwarding

You might have some hosed up settings cuz I got the same card and it works fine.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

right after i made that post i started getting the same problem in some caves. seems to be area specific for me

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It sucks. I had to turn shadows off for it to run correctly

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

they changed the shader and renderer and did something to shadow mapping for anniversary, maybe all that and the time dilation option messed up somewhere

also now i have 6 of the same blue sword....

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

they changed the shader and renderer and did something to shadow mapping for anniversary, maybe all that and the time dilation option messed up somewhere

also now i have 6 of the same blue sword....

blues sell for a ton of gold at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im in late a4 with no poison resist, and theres a lot of high poison dmg enemies so im getting slaughtered lol

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i hope they let Dream stay overpowered.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frog Act posted:

that happens to me whenever I die and sometimes when I teleport on a 960

anyway so I'm curious am I doing something wrong, build-wise, or is running around popping potions a good way to deal with heroic mobs in this game? cus if i stand still and smack them they tend to ruin my poo poo

That's just playing Diablo 2 style games before people decided potion spam was boring. Plus it's essentially a single player RPG so if you can make a completely lovely build its more the game's fault than yours imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Obviously unless you're like making a melee mastery character but only using a bow or whatever.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wormskull posted:

That's just playing Diablo 2 style games before people decided potion spam was boring. Plus it's essentially a single player RPG so if you can make a completely lovely build its more the game's fault than yours imo.

ah, word. it's not that bothersome now that i have a healing spell but since i've only really played diablo III and torchlight II i thought maybe i was doing something fundamentally wrong, like not investing enough in defensive stuff

think i'm gonna try to stack dodge and physical resist by investing in warfare to add to my longevity. i wish i had a few abilities to use though, it'd be nice to get some AOE attacks going

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can stack tons of health regen from gear, and in A2/a3 you get access to relics that boost it even more. dream also has an aura that gives you a lot of regen. it can get to the point where you're basically always under a potion effect

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the tooltips aren't very helpful and i couldn't find an answer online: do the chains of skills stack? i invested in a higher level skill for my spear rush thing i can do, but i don't see the option to equip it, so i'm assuming it's just modifying the original skill?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

the tooltips aren't very helpful and i couldn't find an answer online: do the chains of skills stack? i invested in a higher level skill for my spear rush thing i can do, but i don't see the option to equip it, so i'm assuming it's just modifying the original skill?

yeah, the linked skills modify the original

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ah, that's pretty cool! i like the mastery and secondary system.

still, looking at the stat progression for the bleed spell, it seems like i made a mistake. i'm not digging hunter too much altogether, so i might start over with an increased loot mod installed.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm starting to feel like warfare/nature wasn't the best choice... does it get better

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

#ItGetsBetter

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The circle mastery things are passive and if theyre linked to a skill it modifies them.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

I'm starting to feel like warfare/nature wasn't the best choice... does it get better

level up your wolf, i have two wolves now and tehy're actually sorta useful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can also get pet bonus gear to really increase their damage.

sector_corrector posted:

ah, that's pretty cool! i like the mastery and secondary system.

still, looking at the stat progression for the bleed spell, it seems like i made a mistake. i'm not digging hunter too much altogether, so i might start over with an increased loot mod installed.

hunter is good but the assassin thats all about poison and bleed is worthless lol. all of his skills and stuff revolve around flat damage that starts off insanely powerful but can't do squat in nightmare

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

aw yeah, 2006 eye scorching bloom in elysium

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm going to level up my wolf.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

#ItGetsBetter

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

later in the nature tree you get a very powerful pet that heals herself and your wolves and buffs everyone's damage and resists

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, all pet damage gets super increased in higher difficulties, so they never become useless

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

rediscover posted:

Good wolf /petpet

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

rediscover posted:

Do you have your horn and your banner and battle rage yet

That and maxed out onslaught is what makes warrior so strong, more especially as you go down those linked trees

Before you have everything it's a really rough game compared to starting like storm

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh yeah the banner is so absurd lol. +1 to all skills, a shitton of damage, crit chance and damage reduction. you take down any boss in seconds through all of normal

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I haven't put any points into the horn or battle rage yet lol. I been putting lots of points into nature because I want the Strong wolf

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The battle rage randomly triggers as enemies attack you and makes you do like 3 times as much damage, it's worth putting just 1 point into

The banner is the must have tho, its tooltip doesn't sound very impressive but it makes you tank bosses and do amazing damage to them at the same time when all the effects are taken together

If you get mobbed too you can pop it to save your life

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make A Big Horn My Mateys! :roboluv:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Preuap. Buerh! Hetch! Gruwn. *pings lvl up after the 500th Cave Bat dies*

And now for the loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2BXeZCDTgA&t=139s

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Id give you some of my blues...