Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You'll be glad to know that Neptune leaves and another Andy character comes in after not too long. Just skip ahead some.

Kinda wanna see video of Andy doing that character, mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

EL BROMANCE posted:

You'll be glad to know that Neptune leaves and another Andy character comes in after not too long. Just skip ahead some.

I really wish we could have seen him on the tv show doing this

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, the Wilcox stuff is great as always. Also, that Atlantean character was fantastic. The voice was super grating but I feel in a very intentional and hilarious way. It stayed around just long enough to be funny rather than annoying.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Rocky died :(
https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/772902055421718529

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is absurd that i am emotionally hit by this

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

it is absurd that i am emotionally hit by this

Your neighbors were probably just chopping lots of onions earlier like mine were, it's nbd.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ_QEwIgFtP/?taken-by=iamkulap&hl=en

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Harris has a little buddy now :unsmith:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

EL BROMANCE posted:

Thanks, I would have missed this otherwise!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jessica McKenna is very funny and I like her. This is Your Boy Troy made me laugh a lot despite how dumb it was. And if you don't love Jessica, you're basically saying you hate america https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRqfdMDbvw
Here's another very patriotic video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StPJVYcQC-E

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 6, 2016

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Agreed. :thumbsup:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah just goes to show that with the right performer, even a weak premise can shine. Good ep.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah just goes to show that with the right performer, even a weak premise can shine. Good ep.

I really like Will Hines every time he's been on CBB, but I was worried that the premise of his character might be too thin to sustain an entire segment. Fortunately he was really good at playing off of Scott and Scott's silliness.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Will's entire shtick on CBB seems to be that he'll just accept any gift Scott hands him as 100% true and run with it to its logical conclusion. Surprisingly few people do this, there's always a ton of pushback on Scott trying to gently caress with characters, but Will doesn't seem to mind taking his character a completely new direction on a whim. It's great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

some people are good at crazy characters cause they are good at forming a perspective and personality in their heads and tapping in to that.

some people are good at crazy characters cause they can just roll with anything and have a very loose grasp on their reality.

the best is an andy daly type who can balance both consistently.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Just listened to that Claudia ep in Sydney... boy, does Hanford's haymonger bring the episode to a screeching halt, saved only by Scott digging into him for how boring his character is and everyone following joining in. Otherwise, it would have been up there as a top ep.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

rapeface posted:

Just listened to that Claudia ep in Sydney... boy, does Hanford's haymonger bring the episode to a screeching halt, saved only by Scott digging into him for how boring his character is and everyone following joining in. Otherwise, it would have been up there as a top ep.

I saw Claudia and Paul fail to fight back a yawn during his bit - it was around 11pm. As someone who went to the live show though I was satisfied, I got to see CBB at its best with Claudia and PFT, then see it when it goes off the rails as Scott kept putting his head in his hands and getting flustered.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

rapeface posted:

I'm of the opposite opinion. The meandering story cracked me up hard. Especially with Scotts frustration!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm of the opposite opinion. The meandering story cracked me up hard. Especially with Scotts frustration!

Same here! I was filled with glee at every diversion!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Yeah, that saved it.

Thinking back, John Lennon was the first guest at the show I saw live, and it was kind of rough till other guests started.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Same here! I was filled with glee at every diversion!
From the Earwolf subreddit
"30 minutes into Hanfords story"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't think I like Mike Hanford much as a guest in general. It's funny how off topic he gets sometimes, but it veers across the line from being funny because it's bad to just being bad too often for my liking. I really liked the live shows in general, but definitely found myself wishing I'd skipped to the next episode once he was introduced on a few, and I thought he made the second half of the tour a lot weaker than the first.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Sinteres posted:

I don't think I like Mike Hanford much as a guest in general. It's funny how off topic he gets sometimes, but it veers across the line from being funny because it's bad to just being bad too often for my liking. I really liked the live shows in general, but definitely found myself wishing I'd skipped to the next episode once he was introduced on a few, and I thought he made the second half of the tour a lot weaker than the first.

I was extremely grateful he replaced Neil and thought he saved the Michigan show.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He never should have openly contested the theory that John Lennon was just Ringo pretending to be John Lennon.

Then again, that's exactly what Ringo impersonating John Lennon would say!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

moctopus posted:

I was extremely grateful he replaced Neil and thought he saved the Michigan show.

I have to admit that I think PFT and Lapkus were weaker than usual on a few episodes in the back half too, so my lack of enthusiasm for it probably wasn't all Hanford's fault. Even good characters/performers can get overexposed and start to wear thin. That said, I thought the last three or so got really strong again, which I find difficult to explain. Maybe they were getting bored of the routine for a while and found more energy when they knew it was coming to close? Or some episodes just worked for me and others didn't and I shouldn't be looking for a pattern.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I am pretty tired of John Lennon but I love all of Mike's other characters even though they're all basically the same - amiable idiots who tell endless shaggy dog stories. I think with Lennon it's just over-exposure and that he's getting bogged down with Wompler-levels of backstory now.

And I have to say Ducky Powell is definitely my favorite thing Hanford's done and it's completely different from his characters these days (he prepared a song!)

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Unmerciful posted:

And I have to say Ducky Powell is definitely my favorite thing Hanford's done and it's completely different from his characters these days (he prepared a song!)

He came in costume!
One of the better episodes of the video version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lFsS3PDoZA&t=2290s

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Sinteres posted:

I have to admit that I think PFT and Lapkus were weaker than usual on a few episodes in the back half too, so my lack of enthusiasm for it probably wasn't all Hanford's fault. Even good characters/performers can get overexposed and start to wear thin. That said, I thought the last three or so got really strong again, which I find difficult to explain. Maybe they were getting bored of the routine for a while and found more energy when they knew it was coming to close? Or some episodes just worked for me and others didn't and I shouldn't be looking for a pattern.

Tim Baltz.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Zsinjeh posted:

Yeah I honestly found the hay salesman the funniest part of the Australian episodes. Just constantly veering away whenever he said something that others felt they could use.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I liked all parts of the episode a lot and equally :cool:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I liked all parts of the episode a lot and equally :cool:
i will fight u

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Wow, zero new posts for the bonus ep with Sully? That....actually maybe makes sense. Much as I love the PFT, the intentionally boring straight man character it turns out is not super entertaining.

By the way, I'm assuming I've totally missed the boat on the UK tour? Had no idea about it until recently and don't really know where to look.

EDIT: And new ep today with Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black who FINALLY got her Emmy!

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 19, 2016

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is the PFT laugh that all others will be judged on from now on.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I love dirty CBB very very much. Lots of "fucks", lots of cum talk, it was spectacular.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ManoliIsFat posted:

I love dirty CBB very very much. Lots of "fucks", lots of cum talk, it was spectacular.

It's not that kind of show!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hi, I'm pregnant.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

RIPFT

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
MY WIFE
my wife
my wife

MY WIIIIFE

.....This seems respectful

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Was disappointed for one second that Lauren Lapkus can't make the UK tour, which I'm seeing in London, until Scott announced that Jon Gabrus as Gino is subbing in for her. Probably the only replacement that wouldn't be a step down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Big Chunky Bubbles' voice alone was killing me. I haven't laughed that hard at CBB in a long time, what a great episode.

still laughing my rear end off at Petey Amin

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 19, 2016