Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow this was a 'amazing' potg Hanzo got after my team won the round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIsE4k5YRsE

No sound due to Shadowplay glitching out, but it was just Hanzo yelling and the PotG music playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

LegoPirateNinja posted:

what? aw i swear i did that several times but i wasnt hurting him

Not that practical, but fun when it happens

https://fat.gfycat.com/GlisteningEmotionalKoodoo.webm

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Mei's ult should summon a giant ice elemental that shoots frostbolt at all enemies in LoS to freeze them

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

torbjorn's ult should be that giant robot in the background of volskaya and he just walks around crushing buildings and shooting lasers or w/e it is that thing does

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
who would be the best (non-mercy) hero if ults had 100% uptime?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Brawl Idea: Football
1 Ana, 100% ult charge at all times, no cooldown
5 Reinharts

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Kashuno posted:

I want to say Genji, Soldier, Rein, or Hog, but it's honestly Ana. Forever nanoboost would decide everything and she'd be required.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Zenyatta will get on an objective and then never get off of it in that rule set.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Kashuno posted:

zenyatta, this is not even a conversation.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Commoners posted:

Zenyatta will get on an objective and then never get off of it in that rule set.

Can't Rein, Hog and Winston push him off though?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

Can't Rein, Hog and Winston push him off though?

Nobody would kill him, though, and he'd zoom zoom zoom right back on. Meanwhile it'd still take at least a really good deadeye to deal with everyone else on the team if not the offending Zen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roadhog could keep him pinned to a wall across from the point forever and there is absolutely nothing zen could do about it

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The game would just devolve into entire teams sitting on points inside Transcendence until overtime and then it's down to which team better pulls off the Graviton+Selfdestruct/Deadeye combo with a Hog or Rein to push the Zenyatta away.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I got 2700 something in my placements too, platinum or whatever rank. Pretty comfortable with that and/or diamond.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hey whoever said Mei's m2 is her true opness thanks. Down at the 2000 rank using mei as a sniper has been working out really well for me

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kashuno posted:

How much would symmetra's shield need to be to be worth

It might be nice if she converted some of people's existing health to shields rather than just adding new shielding. Self-regenerating health is really useful, but 25 shields is too little to get much use out of it, and adding 50 to people's base health is too powerful.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The 25 makes a difference in close 1v1s, and it protects you from getting 1 shot by road hogs

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Sub Harrison posted:

The 25 makes a difference in close 1v1s, and it protects you from getting 1 shot by road hogs

You know what else does that? Literally any other support's healing.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Main Paineframe posted:

It might be nice if she converted some of people's existing health to shields rather than just adding new shielding. Self-regenerating health is really useful, but 25 shields is too little to get much use out of it, and adding 50 to people's base health is too powerful.

It would be nice if it was half your health, because the shields-down alarm is supposed to mean at least half your health is gone, not a D.Va is tickling you from halfway across the map.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

there's people on reddit saying junkrat's riptire is bugged in season 2 and it's not being counted for kill stats, potg points, or the achievement :ohdear:

Huh pretty sure it's not just comp/season 2. Had a game of Numbani last night in QP
Where our Mei ult'ed 4 opponents in point A and I sent a riptire in from the stairwell behind the point and got a 3 kill (4th was behind payload I think). Anyway Mei got potg which I didn't mind and I did notice in stats after the match that the tire kill counter was 0 which was odd as I had another one earlier that blew a mccree sky high so it should've read 4. This would explain it.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
platinum ranks are hell because there are always meis on either side and theyre both horrible until they throw an ult and then the push either moves forward or stops. mei is attractive to very bad players

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Holy poo poo the cool pro/streamer crowd isn't picking widow in matches very much, blizzard better buff her asap!!!!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Holy poo poo the cool pro/streamer crowd isn't picking widow in matches very much, blizzard better buff her asap!!!!

she's garbage because she only has 7 eyes instead of 8, blizzard pls fix

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't know if I'm imagining things but I really feel like they hosed with Roadhog's hook in this patch. Compared to the previous patch it seems like enemies are landing further away from me and it's much more difficult to land a full meatshot immediately after the hook (without having to move towards the hookee, which takes time). Can anyone confirm I'm not crazy?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Brannock posted:

I don't know if I'm imagining things but I really feel like they hosed with Roadhog's hook in this patch. Compared to the previous patch it seems like enemies are landing further away from me and it's much more difficult to land a full meatshot immediately after the hook (without having to move towards the hookee, which takes time). Can anyone confirm I'm not crazy?

Happening to me as well. Or else they land behind me. But usually further out.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Brannock posted:

I'm glad this glitch still exists

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Brannock posted:

They changed the way hooks work, yeah. It probably feels weird because you've learned to anticipate the wonky hooks, so now that they're wonky in a different way it feels off. You'll especially notice it when you hook a target moving laterally to you, it's like they reset to the position they were when they first got hooked and then slide straight to where you were when you landed the hook.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Papercut posted:

They changed the way hooks work, yeah. It probably feels weird because you've learned to anticipate the wonky hooks, so now that they're wonky in a different way it feels off. You'll especially notice it when you hook a target moving laterally to you, it's like they reset to the position they were when they first got hooked and then slide straight to where you were when you landed the hook.

This is more or less how it works, yeah, when you hook someone moving laterally to you it's supposed to move them back to the position they were initially hooked at, then reel them in.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Is there anywhere else to find goons? The discord is a ghost town and I can't do another competitive match of genji, hanzo, widow with no healer or tank. I mean I'm scrub rank myself (2035) but come the gently caress on even I know you need a healer and a tank.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Untrustable posted:

Is there anywhere else to find goons? The discord is a ghost town and I can't do another competitive match of genji, hanzo, widow with no healer or tank. I mean I'm scrub rank myself (2035) but come the gently caress on even I know you need a healer and a tank.

I think i will be scrub rank, 2 placement matches both complete losses despite getting medals in all games. Why do i get placed with idiots....
also Idiots that have no comms and don't even say anything except spam Hello in Spawn.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nobody saying anything is pretty much the norm on EU servers, at least around 3000 rank games.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

Nobody saying anything is pretty much the norm on EU servers, at least around 3000 rank games.

Even when the team is so messed up that the opposing team completes Volskaia in less than 2 minutes. in Competetive

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Andrast posted:

I had a similar experience at my level (50-56/2500-2600) until I started every game with saying hello over voice chat and asking people to join the channel. Nowadays I'm almost never in games where no one talks - and I win a lot more often (I think). People have been quite friendly in general as well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Star posted:

I had a similar experience at my level (50-56/2500-2600) until I started every game with saying hello over voice chat and asking people to join the channel. Nowadays I'm almost never in games where no one talks - and I win a lot more often (I think). People have been quite friendly in general as well.

I don't really have a problem with it since I play almost exclusively with a few friends so I'm too busy talking to them instead.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So tonight really turned around. I got Lokee in with me and we led a ragtag group of pubbies to numerous victories. As pubbies left we gained a good mix of pubs and goons and fostered the legend of Entrenador de papa, the coach dad of Overwatch.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I've been out of the loop for a while, where can I go to read the whining of Genji mains following the changes?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

I played Eichenwald in QP once and it was sorta fun. Then my buddy and I played in the brawl a few times and it was maddening. Those players are awful. I haven't yet encountered it in comp games. :(

I've played Eichenwald twice now, once in QP and once in Comp. Both times (Twice on offense, once on defense) the action was at the bridge to the castle door, before the first(?) checkpoint with the payload. That's where we stopped the red team/won that comp round and where my team lost in QP because the flanking routes are just ridiculous.

As far as Mei is concerned. She is quite the verifiable bae. Nobody gives a gently caress if getting frozen is the worst experience in the world for you. Sorry, move on.

Due to Seagull, someone is always going to Genji, because a good Genji is amazing.
Hanjo can be fun as gently caress and infuriating to enemy players if you've got half decent aim. I got a nice pile of salt out of a red team Zarya last night after one-shotting her with scatter arrow 4 times in a row as she came out of their spawn on Dorado.

Blizzard just needs to come up with a way to rank people in comp that isn't dependent on their win/loss as the only variable.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Untrustable posted:

Battlefield 1 beta ends on Thursday, I'll happily do comp with you then.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ddraig posted:

So I've been out of the loop for a while, where can I go to read the whining of Genji mains following the changes?

genji is still really good and the pre patch complaining by genji mains was completely unwarranted

I haven't heard anyone say anything about genji being bad since it went live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm getting really goddamned sick of leavers in competitive mode. The previous 5 games I lost had at least one leaver, and just recently we had THREE people leave halfway into it. It seems like there's not enough steps taken to protect the players that are actually willing to stick around. Yes, I get that sometimes people get power outages/internet issues and stuff, but I wish something more can be done. At least in quickmatches you can have somebody fill in.