Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also all masks are good, share yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kikas posted:

When customising a mask you pick
-the mask itself
-the base material for it
and optionally:
-the pattern
-the colors of the pattern.

From the top: The mask itself will be the base, the shape cannot be changed. If you pick a material, it will overwrite the material of the mask, the whole thing.
If you decide for a pattern, be aware that a pattern won't show up unless you pick a material first, and also it won't show up if you don't pick a color for it. Sometimes the color will change the color of some elements on the mask, but this is mask dependant.

At any point you can preview the mask to see how it looks, but be aware that the in-game lightining is slightly different. Also, the basic mask, the material, the pattern and the colors are used up from your stash once you finalize a mask. You can get some of that back.
Infamous masks, materials and patterns (and also those obtained from achievements) can be "returned" to the stash so you can use them again. But if the mask only has an option to "sell", it means that at least the base mask will be lost if you do so - you will still get the infamous pattern and material to use in another mask (there will be a popup saying that some things will be returned to your stash). You cannot get back a color.

Colors, base masks, materials and patterns can all be obtained from card drops (early DLC ones), achievements (most DLC ones), cross promotions (owning another game on steam) and by joining the community group (which today means clicking "Follow" on the community page for Payday 2).
Thanks for the detailed writeup, I guess I can try fiddling around and then not finalize if I dont like it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doublepost: here is the lovely mask I just made:

Arch something mask with Slime material and no pattern or color.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's not the infamous materials and patterns that are never sold, it's the achievement-related ones.

The masks that are returned to inventory rather than sold are mostly achievement related but there are a lot of exceptions, like all the Crimefest masks. Anyhow it has nothing to do with if they're infamous or not.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Maskchat

Wastrel_ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 6, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I made an album of my best/favorite masks

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The third one rules.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Oh my God.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Tulip posted:

The third one rules.

Quick tech talk. I'm on Chrome, and images from akamai/steam show up with the broken tag for me all the time. Anyone know what's up? I'd love to throw some content in the OP, but i don't know what you guys are posting half the time.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Bonus Krinkovs:

Thanks to Wilko for implementing menu color grading in GoonMod, it makes mask creation a hell of a lot easier when you can see what the colors will look like in-game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Disregard my last post push to interact is still broken somewhere? Probably Goonmod.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Plan Z posted:

Quick tech talk. I'm on Chrome, and images from akamai/steam show up with the broken tag for me all the time. Anyone know what's up? I'd love to throw some content in the OP, but i don't know what you guys are posting half the time.

Are you using https to connect to the forum?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Swagger Dagger posted:

yeah, it's probably a mixed content block. Not sure how to whitelist it in any browser, unfortunately. It'd be nice if Akamai/steam could serve over https, and if the cert error I get is accurate, it'd be nice if Valve could configure their CDN :mad:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Fixed it, thanks.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I promised Psion that he'd be the first to know when I bought a space laser gun and I made this video at his request.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzESmK7aKk

Baseline stats on the thing. It's comparable to regularly modded AMR-16 favouring stability over accuracy; no quadstack mag, DMR kit or silencers. It's got 1 more damage than possible with a similar configuration, but a single damage point means gently caress all.

Stats comparison. Note that I tend to mod my regular one more for accuracy, but this is what one modded for more stability can look like.

With this much wear it looks better in motion than in still shots.

The lights on the barrel glow in the dark. Fun fact: if you use the BLT mod that lets you customize legendary guns you just get a black and white camo AMR-16 since you can't do anything to the glowing barrel and sci-fi scope mount, which are its unique parts.

My only complaint would be that it's stuck with the ACOG sight on it, which from what I remember has the highest zoom outside of the sniper scopes. It's pretty obnoxious in most cases.

For shits and giggles here's what it looks like untextured in the safehouse.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Woo, maskchat!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
My Good Masks (That I Didn't Copy From This Thread)

Miami Heat:

Lisa Frank:

Cocaine Nosejob:

Trench Warfare:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Welp, I hit level 100 for the first time, now I keep hovering over the Infamous button and chickening out. My build is finally complete, I don't want to start over! But in the meantime all this XP is just going nowhere!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Trustworthy posted:

Welp, I hit level 100 for the first time, now I keep hovering over the Infamous button and chickening out. My build is finally complete, I don't want to start over! But in the meantime all this XP is just going nowhere!

Do it, you'll get back to 100 a lot faster next time

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Wastrel_ posted:

Breaker is amazing, but always put it on a build with ammo bags because it runs dry quick and the ammo pick-up rate is abysmal.

Also, with a silencer on it is literally impossible to ADS and that's another reason why you shouldn't silence it.

Use the Shh instead of the Silent Killer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Trustworthy posted:

sooner you infamy, sooner you get to infamy 25

just hit the button, no regrets. you'll be back at I-100 before you know it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It gets faster as you progress, you're burning time not hitting the button. Of course, it's fun to spend some time at level 100 but that doesn't change it being kind of a waste if your goal is max infamy.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Do the first 5 infamy levels still change skill point requirements? If so there is a functional reason for at least that much. Skills have changed so much though that I'm not sure.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Trustworthy posted:

do it because you do a single heist with friends and you'll be at level 40-55 instantly and you can make a build again just fine.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shooting Blanks posted:

Do the first 5 infamy levels still change skill point requirements? If so there is a functional reason for at least that much. Skills have changed so much though that I'm not sure.

I think they still provide that, yeah. Instead of 18 points to reach the T4 skill, it's 16.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yes, the infamy bonus takes the Tier 4 requirement from 18 to 16 points in a given tree. It's maybe less useful than it used to be, but still useful for things like Inspire (basic t1, aced t2/t3 is 16 points - without the bonus you'd need to spend 2 more points in the tree). Just remember to spend all your spending cash before infamying for the first 5 infamies - everything you don't spend is burned, but past infamy 5 you keep everything but the offshore fee.

At least I think there's always an offshore fee? Man I dunno, it's been a while.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ClonedPickle posted:

Yes, the infamy bonus takes the Tier 4 requirement from 18 to 16 points in a given tree. It's maybe less useful than it used to be, but still useful for things like Inspire (basic t1, aced t2/t3 is 16 points - without the bonus you'd need to spend 2 more points in the tree). Just remember to spend all your spending cash before infamying for the first 5 infamies - everything you don't spend is burned, but past infamy 5 you keep everything but the offshore fee.

At least I think there's always an offshore fee? Man I dunno, it's been a while.

Nope, past infamy V you don't need offshore and can infamy again as soon as you hit 100. Plus the infamies just come faster and faster, easier and easier.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ClonedPickle posted:

I just went to Infamy 6 today and there was no fee.

I'm already level 83 and I didn't even do that many heists. Four Stores and Ukrainian Job maybe 4 times each then Election Day Stealth and Murky Station alternating a few times, then a bunch of loud heists at the end of the night with Goblin, Tempest, and another gentlegoon that I hadn't met before and can't remember the name of.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

duckfarts posted:

do it because you do a single heist with friends and you'll be at level 40-55 instantly and you can make a build again just fine.

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on Infamy 1, did few solo missions so I could pack more than a squirt gun, then did a few mid-tier missions with pubbies, and I'm already back in the 60s with a decent build.

To celebrate my first Infamy level I put away my standard Cool rear end Rooster mask and made a Dapper rear end Zebra

edit: I really really REALLY want to get to Infamy level 5, so I can scratch the Enforcer and Ghost skill discounts off my list, and get to that sweet rear end balaclava for my stealth build

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 7, 2016

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Levelling is so much easier than it used to be. Ah, for the days of blowing the lab on Rats, letting the Cobras burn the money, then gunning down all the Mendozas with the M308 and immediately getting back on the chopper for a flat 350k xp. :corsair: After which I quit the game for a year rather than suicide on Train Heist in order to level.

I reached XXV-100 even before heists like Cook Off were introduced, as well as practice of varying experience by number of loot bags on certain heists.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I was taking a peek at the long guide because my shotgun spread seemed much tighter than I'm used to. Turns out Overkill standardized stance values further in August and I believe they tweaked how percentage accuracy skills work.

These days, the game picks the first applicable stance modifier from this list:
  • Bipod: *0.625
  • Crossbow: *3.1
  • Crouching while stationary: *2.2
  • Else: *4
There is an additional *0.8 multiplier while using the weapon sights. All of this makes shotguns about twice as accurate as they were before and other weapons less accurate.

I did some quick calculations with the percentage based accuracy skills, namely Marksman ace (+20%), Fire Control ace (+20%), Far Away basic (+40%), and Desperado basic (+10/19/27/34%). It doesn't take much for these skills to boost your accuracy to 100.
  • 20% needs 84 acc
  • 40% needs 76 acc
  • Desperado needs 88/84/80/76 acc
That includes any additive accuracy bonuses. All the percentage bonuses are conditional and aren't gonna have 100% uptime, so building beyond these numbers isn't a bad idea. Still, it's pretty remarkable just how good these skills are.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Praise be to the Long Guide, and it's prophet, Dr. Cheeto, forever and ever, amen.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
I get the feeling Cheeto just reads the long guide to audiences and refers to it as the holy scripture.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Note that bipods no longer force accuracy to 70, they just drive the stance modifier into the floor. A deployed LMG with 40 accuracy (with no skills) is just a little more accurate than a hipfired assault rifle at 88 accuracy. Fire Control basic's +12 accuracy bonus applies while deployed.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 7, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

averox posted:

I get the feeling Cheeto just reads the long guide to audiences and refers to it as the holy scripture.

Have you heard the Good News about LMG bipods?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
New trailer time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZPM3kkxkIE

It's just the poo poo console players haven't gotten yet.
Not sure whether to :laugh: or :cry:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

averox posted:

New trailer time!

The correct answer is, of course, :laugh:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Have you heard the Good News about LMG bipods?

I have, brother, and praise be to them indeed.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

averox posted:

New trailer time!

well that one dude who plays console in the thread should be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

Note that bipods no longer force accuracy to 70, they just drive the stance modifier into the floor. A deployed LMG with 40 accuracy (with no skills) is just a little more accurate than a hipfired assault rifle at 88 accuracy. Fire Control basic's +12 accuracy bonus applies while deployed.

at this point I think ovk needs to give sniper rifles a reason to exist when bipodding an LMG gives you 150-200 round sniper rifles, much less all the other insane poo poo going on