Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lowtax himself changed my name to this, guy who is desperately trying to win an internet argument

I've spent an hour debating with someone who got fooled by a breaking bad quote and is apparently deeply offended by the term yinzer, there's really no possible way for me to "win" this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
My favorite regionalist slur is FIB

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Punching myself in the dick and balls is more enjoyable than reading these posts just 24 more hours to go

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

So the Seahawks' O-line may be a tire fire, but if nobody gets hurt and they build some continuity maybe it won't be so ba--

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/773655753135575040

poo poo

gently caress

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TubeStank posted:

Punching myself in the dick and balls is more enjoyable than reading these posts just 24 more hours to go

We get into some weird rear end slap fights around here. It's not even about anything important like BBQ or Beer this time.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Grittybeard posted:

We get into some weird rear end slap fights around here. It's not even about anything important like BBQ or Beer this time.

Operation dumbo drop?

Too obscure.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

NattyBo posted:

I've spent an hour debating with someone who got fooled by a breaking bad quote and is apparently deeply offended by the term yinzer, there's really no possible way for me to "win" this

nah, I'm just saying it' has a specific meaning that isn't exactly cool in its origins, but you know go ahead with your bad self

Brannock posted:

My favorite regionalist slur is FIB

what does this mean?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im still gonna talk poo poo about pineys though

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

NattyBo posted:

To be fair, most people are rightly offended by yinzers.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

So the Seahawks' O-line may be a tire fire, but if nobody gets hurt and they build some continuity maybe it won't be so ba--

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/773655753135575040

poo poo

He probably sucks anyway

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

what does this mean?

Fuckin' Illinois bastards, it's for the rich people who come and vacation up in Door County and drive like an idiot

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

There are about 300,000 people in Pittsburgh, about 2 million including suburbs. Yinzers are about 1-3% of this population and are almost entirely a dumb narrative for people who don't live there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

There are about 300,000 people in Pittsburgh, about 2 million including suburbs. Yinzers are about 1-3% of this population and are almost entirely a dumb narrative for people who don't live there.

If the word Yinz is uttered, you are a Yinzer, and/or you are from the western half of PA.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'M EJACULATING SEMEN FOR SIEMIAN RIDE TILL YA DIE HOOTIE HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

There are about 300,000 people in Pittsburgh, about 2 million including suburbs.

Ick.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Therefore Mel Mudkiper is a Ginger Yinzer.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Are people still mad about Okie or is that too old?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

nah, I'm just saying it' has a specific meaning that isn't exactly cool in its origins, but you know go ahead with your bad self

what does this mean?

A way Wisconsinites complain about Illinois drivers :rolleyes:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is like 10 page back but jfc

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lowtax himself changed my name to this, guy who is desperately trying to win an internet argument

lowtax went to Rockhurst so it doesn't surprise me.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

WHOOPS posted:

A way Wisconsinites complain about Illinois drivers :rolleyes:

It's really dumb because everyone I've personally heard use it is a loving terrible driver

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Everyone is a terrible driver except me, tbh

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There was a big backlash against Angelenos calling themselves Angelenos but then all those spineless Angelenos caved.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

FO updated their projections and they have NYG and Dallas with a nearly equal percentage chance to win the NFCE.

The Giants pick I have no beef with, though if the Redskins had done what they did and brought in $200M in iffy free agents on defense, we'd be hearing offseason champions schtick for months. Dallas having an equal chance with them is pretty laughable, though. Even if Romo wasn't injured, that defense is putrid. Any metric that has them rated that highly is by default Real Bad in my eyes.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 8, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think that just says more about expectations of the rest of the NFC East honestly.

If you swapped the Cowboys and Saints, I think the Saints would be favorites to win the NFC East, and their defense is the worst.

Also yeah, the Giants should get poo poo for spending a billion dollars on free agents, but eh, considering it could be the ticket to the 9-7 home game against the Seahawks/Cardinals on Wildcard weekend of their dreams, it makes sense.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That confirms that the AFC west is the best and hardest division

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Though honestly, I don't think anyone would be surprised by anything from the NFC East outside of the Eagles winning it.

The Eagles ain't winning it.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Kalli posted:

Though honestly, I don't think anyone would be surprised by anything from the NFC East outside of the Eagles winning it.

At the risk of totally jinxing it, I really think it's a 2 horse race between the Giants and Redskins.

The 'Skins (for the first time in a long time) have some really good continuity going and aside from the obvious Norman signing have quietly improved in a lot of areas. Still won't be able to stop the run, or run the ball particularly well ourselves, but as long as Cousins doesn't turn back into a pumpkin the offense is going to be pretty explosive with DJax, Reed, Garçon, Crowder and Docston being worked in as a Red Zone threat. The secondary looks to be a real strength too, with Norman and Breeland (who is vastly underrated by most) and Kendall Fuller looking like a steal in the 3rd round. Cravens has settled in nicely as a rotation ILB and apparently the plan is to work him some at strong safety as the season goes on. Special teams coverage remains a concern, but our kicker is rock solid and our punter is a God.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 8, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Would you like to toxx to that, goon sir?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NattyBo posted:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

FO updated their projections and they have NYG and Dallas with a nearly equal percentage chance to win the NFCE.

The Giants pick I have no beef with, though if the Redskins had done what they did and brought in $200M in iffy free agents on defense, we'd be hearing offseason champions schtick for months. Dallas having an equal chance with them is pretty laughable, though. Even if Romo wasn't injured, that defense is putrid. Any metric that has them rated that highly is by default Real Bad in my eyes.

They also list the odds of a Minnesota/KC rematch of "Super Bowl III" later in the article, which is clearly the greater sin.

No one who tries to predict things before the season is going to have a good track record, but I'd be curious to see how they've done in the past.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 8, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Grittybeard posted:

They also list the odds of a Minnesota/KC rematch of Super Bowl III later in the article, which is clearly the greater sin.

No one who tries to predict things before the season is going to have a good track record, but I'd be curious to see how they've done in the past.

A Baltimore - Washington Super Bowl has only a 0.2% chance :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spiros posted:

Would you like to toxx to that, goon sir?

Sure, if the Eagles win the NFC east, I'll donate like $50 to charity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WHOOPS posted:

I refuse to accept this stat as it lists the Vikings as #2 :colbert:

On the other hand, Adrian Peterson probably had more explosive plays on his own than like two thirds of the teams in the nfl.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Trevor Siemian will have a 100% win rate after tomorrow.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Kalli posted:

Sure, if the Eagles win the NFC east, I'll donate like $50 to charity.

Post it in the Toxx Thread!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The guy who had 27 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in four years of college? That Trevor Siemian?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He should retire on top

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I predict he'll complete at least one pass but I don't know to which team yet

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

The guy who had 27 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in four years of college? That Trevor Siemian?
That's the one, champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's just keeping the seat warm for Paxton "What if Cam Newton was white" Lynch

• Locked thread