Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

Sorry it came out dumb. Spamming Wing Attack is actually pretty drat effective and makes dodging easy so keep it around if you aren't super pressed for space.

A bunch of these were linked to a google drive on Reddit and I thought they were neat but drive is annoying so I made an imgur album

Stupid y axes aren't the same though

I just realized that Poliwrath isn't listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
It would really be nice if they edited in something for Pokemon that depended on high speed to give them a hope at relevance in Go.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

SuperKlaus posted:

It would really be nice if they edited in something for Pokemon that depended on high speed to give them a hope at relevance in Go.

i look forward to my kazam and gengar, and all statistically "bad" poke because variety is the key to victory.

PSA: evolve everything you can during every egg train. not sure if that 455 evee is "good enough" to "waste candy" on? fuckem. those poo poo evees have turned into the fighting stock that let me roll and hold gyms.

waste not, want not? wrong. evolve all, want none. terrible poo poo with 5/5/5 stats that i evolved 5 levels ago are good because variety wins in gyms. i have a full set of types every increment of 300-500CP. if you are actually moving around and catching them all you will always have more. turn it into XP now to make what you cap tomorrow better.

IV's might matter eventually, but they wont make the difference that not having a lovely nidoqueen with just the right attacks matters right now. i have a garyados with loving bite and twister and it wrecks poo poo. the only real currency of value is stardust. catch them all now and more often, and later you will throw away poo poo for candy that you would have never let go in the past.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

pokimam drops mic

its relatively effective

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Yeah it'll be really funny if they add in speed along with speed ivs and all those 100℅s roll into 75%.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zo posted:

Yeah it'll be really funny if they add in speed along with speed ivs and all those 100℅s roll into 75%.

Well that's when you roll in stuff like String Shot and other Speed lowering things. Maybe give Pokes a third move that's status? Would help if Speed was getting added in.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Oh hey they're adding new pokestops.. sponsored ones in super urban areas :v:

A new one popped up today at a yahoo mobile store (with the"sponsored" tag) along my commute route.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Holy lol another mobile store next to my house also became a sponsored pokestop, i think japan just got like a few ten thousand new pokestops overnight.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Zo posted:

Oh hey they're adding new pokestops.. sponsored ones in super urban areas :v:

A new one popped up today at a yahoo mobile store (with the"sponsored" tag) along my commute route.

And the gap between urban and rural players grows even larger. I also really do not like the idea of sponsored stops.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yesterday was fun.

I took a gym, started bubble strat, and noticed that someone was trying to take down the gym. Decided I had a lot of free time, and I was in my car with AC and a charger, so what the hell, I'll stay and fight him. Got the gym up to level 7 in 20 minutes against his best efforts. That's when I noticed a dude standing in the shade nearby. I go up to him, and dude is fighting on two phones. Says one is his girlfriend's. I decide the fact that he's double fisting means he probably has more resolve (and more free time) than I do, so I tell him good fight, have a nice day.

I go back this morning, take it back, and train it up to level 6 in like 5 minutes. Your move, nerd man!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I don't really care if they're sponsored or not, more stops is more stops, its not like I'm going to go in and buy something just because I walk by a place.
Now if my phone plays an ad every time I spin a sponsored stop, then we have a problem.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I assumed that sponsored stops would be a thing if the game was successful enough. Like they couldn't put sponsored stops in if the game wasn't a bit hit and culturally relevant right now, but the goal of having them was probably right there in the proposal for the game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BrianBoitano posted:

Yesterday was fun.

I took a gym, started bubble strat, and noticed that someone was trying to take down the gym. Decided I had a lot of free time, and I was in my car with AC and a charger, so what the hell, I'll stay and fight him. Got the gym up to level 7 in 20 minutes against his best efforts. That's when I noticed a dude standing in the shade nearby. I go up to him, and dude is fighting on two phones. Says one is his girlfriend's. I decide the fact that he's double fisting means he probably has more resolve (and more free time) than I do, so I tell him good fight, have a nice day.

I go back this morning, take it back, and train it up to level 6 in like 5 minutes. Your move, nerd man!

wow I can't believe you didn't lecture him on how this was cheating and take pics to shame him on tumblr

Kimchi King
Aug 26, 2010
Before this morning, I thought the worst thing that could happen in Pokemon Go was evolving a rare/high candy pokemon with the non-optimal move sets, my Dragonite, 3 Gyrados, 6 Poliwrath etc.

But no, the worst thing is somehow pocket purchasing 20 Pokeballs for 100 coins…

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

Arcanine has a much higher attack so the damage difference is less than the charts indicate (~1.35x higher damage for Arcanine vs Pidgeot). Also it has slightly more health to tank the incoming attacks.

That would all be reflected by a greater CP, If Broseph is trying to tell us about how his 1500 Arcanine is out-preforming a 1000 Pidgeot, then no loving poo poo.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They must have lost so much money by not having sponsored stops at the beginning.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They must have lost so much money by not having sponsored stops at the beginning.

To be fair, the amount of money they could demand for an ad on Pokemon GO might have been lower before the game released. It might be going down again now that the game's shedding players though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I will place my hooters sponsored boobiesaur in every gym I take.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Mcdonalds in japan were sponsored stops and gyms since the game launched.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sponsored stops should come with 24/7 lures built-in (or as an option for sponsors).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Sponsored stops should come with 24/7 lures built-in (or as an option for sponsors).

I feel like there should be pricing tiers for the sponsors, where you have no lure, regular lure, and great lure.

Great Lures really should be a thing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sitting around to get something fixed at a sprint/verizon store would be a lot more bearable if they had a great lure attached.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Eikre posted:

That would all be reflected by a greater CP, If Broseph is trying to tell us about how his 1500 Arcanine is out-preforming a 1000 Pidgeot, then no loving poo poo.

The Arcanine is 1762, and the Pidgeot is 1625 so the Arcanine has a little over a 100 more CP. What that means is the Arcanine is actually a much lower level since he would be well into the 2000s if he was powered up.

So Pidgeot is a really good pokemon, provided you ignore CP and also spend twice as long at the gym dodging even the quick moves.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Broseph Brostar posted:

Supposedly they reduce the rate at which pokemon flee. They don't make captures easier and they certainly don't change the color of the ring.

They definitely do change the colour of the ring though? :confused:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Someone just screenshot a before/after and nobody post about the loving things until that happens Christ on a stick

So did the start beta on buddy system yet, and is that just gonna be sf-exclusive like the sightings system has been for however many weeks?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kimchi King posted:

Before this morning, I thought the worst thing that could happen in Pokemon Go was evolving a rare/high candy pokemon with the non-optimal move sets, my Dragonite, 3 Gyrados, 6 Poliwrath etc.

But no, the worst thing is somehow pocket purchasing 20 Pokeballs for 100 coins…

I feel your pain, I pocket purchased 8 incense with all the coins I was going to spend on bag space and incubators. Might as well have just deleted them, as helpful as incense seems to be.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jonesy posted:

Someone just screenshot a before/after and nobody post about the loving things until that happens Christ on a stick

Somebody has already done the research

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4z76d9/original_research_how_pokemon_go_determines_the/

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Oh thank gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I've caught ~2500 pokes, hatched ~500 eggs, evolved probably 1000 total. still have yet to catch, hatch, or evolve a single pokemon with solarbeam. holy crap.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Now that we know that goon poster AirRaid is FULL OF poo poo and a BIG IDIOT everybody make fun of him thanks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah I never commented on the "berries totally change ring color!!" convo because it's astoundingly clear that it absolutely doesn't. people who think that it does should deffo get their eyes checked. thanks

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Kimchi King posted:

I approve of your gym defender army. :patriot:

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

AirRaid posted:

They definitely do change the colour of the ring though? :confused:

Do you change to a Great or ultra ball at the same time you use berries? I was convinced it helped also, but then noticed I change balls at the same time I use berries, which does change the ring color.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Friendly Lurker posted:

Do you change to a Great or ultra ball at the same time you use berries? I was convinced it helped also, but then noticed I change balls at the same time I use berries, which does change the ring color.

Yeah this has happened to several people itt and is the least shameful option

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Jonesy posted:

Yeah this has happened to several people itt and is the least shameful option

You should probably not take chat about a children's game so seriously. You need a hug or something, or maybe might I suggest decaf?

Frown Town
Sep 10, 2009

does not even lift
SWAG SWAG SWAG YOLO

indigi posted:

yeah I never commented on the "berries totally change ring color!!" convo because it's astoundingly clear that it absolutely doesn't. people who think that it does should deffo get their eyes checked. thanks

I thought they used to and.. maybe got patched out? Or my memory is totally poo poo garbage, also a possibility.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Cartouche posted:

You should probably not take chat about a children's game so seriously. You need a hug or something, or maybe might I suggest decaf?

Excuse me, I'm not taking a children's game seriously, I'm taking posts (on a dead gay forum) about a children's game seriously.

Also I get excited for new posts and it's disappointing when it's speculation over stuff that's been settled :shrug:

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Jonesy posted:

Excuse me, I'm not taking a children's game seriously, I'm taking posts (on a dead gay forum) about a children's game seriously.

Also I get excited for new posts and it's disappointing when it's speculation over stuff that's been settled :shrug:

Do you believe in individual destiny of the wild pokemon?

I just wasted a few ultras and berries on a Nidoking that turned out to be a sucktastic IV. Probably not even worth the weight in balls for the pokedex entry.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I wish this game showed which type of pokeball was used to catch each pokemon. It's the smallest and most insignificant feature but the regular games and even pokeadvisor have had it.

I like to live dangerously and see the highest CP pokemon that I can catch with regular balls. I feel like Kramer when he explains the rush he gets from driving with low fuel, there's just something special about tossing basic balls at 1000+ cp with a deep red circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I know that feeling. It's a good rush when you get it.

• Locked thread