Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

I think instead of a handful of shots eating it down, the first eradicates it? Which ostensibly can be countered by simply dipping in and out of the bubble an extra time or two, to heal? (I'm not a Defender, idk) Which means this change will only be an issue for anyone who is simultaneously blind, an idiot, and not paying attention?

So your average Destiny player then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

cvnvcnv posted:

I think instead of a handful of shots eating it down, the first eradicates it? Which ostensibly can be countered by simply dipping in and out of the bubble an extra time or two, to heal? (I'm not a Defender, idk) Which means this change will only be an issue for anyone who is simultaneously blind, an idiot, and not paying attention?

Dipping into and out of the bubble constantly each shot would ruin your DPS values and Blessing doesn't start health regen. It won't make a difference in KF because you don't need Touch at any point you're not invincible, but it probably ruins Touch for most PVE activities where perma death is in play.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
People were using touch on nightfalls and CoE with small arms to melt bosses.

That's clearly unacceptable. I don't think they did this change because of KF

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lightning Knight posted:

Dipping into and out of the bubble constantly each shot would ruin your DPS values and Blessing doesn't start health regen. It won't make a difference in KF because you don't need Touch at any point you're not invincible, but it probably ruins Touch for most PVE activities where perma death is in play.

Every time I've run Oryx himself we relied on touch + bubbles to dps the ogres. I guess without that we'd snipe them?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FishBulb posted:

People were using touch on nightfalls and CoE with small arms to melt bosses.

That's clearly unacceptable. I don't think they did this change because of KF

I feel like straight up making it not viable is kind of unfortunate though. That makes us three for three on raid exotics that aren't terribly useful in anything that matters anymore, thanks to light levels and the nature of Touch. They probably could have made it do increased damage to over shields and nerfed the strat without completely ruining the weapon's viability outside of the niche use of the raid you have to do to get it.

Edit: at 335 you can just snipe or machine gun them, yeah. Sleeper also melts them. Titans can just run Ruin Wings and use synths for all of the heavy ammo.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Oh I agree completely I was being sarcastic about it being unacceptable. I mean I guess it's unacceptable to Bungie but they are dumb a lot.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Right, but the weapons stuff too? I thought they said it was coming with the expansion

The weapon balancing article says that the changes are coming with the patch

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

Every time I've run Oryx himself we relied on touch + bubbles to dps the ogres. I guess without that we'd snipe them?

Snipe by center peeps and grenade+singlesnipe from platform person. Just like we did it before ToM was even a thing.

OH NOES

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FishBulb posted:

Oh I agree completely I was being sarcastic about it being unacceptable. I mean I guess it's unacceptable to Bungie but they are dumb a lot.

Ah, gotcha. :shobon:

I mean, I understand concerns about cheese strats where we can instamelt all bosses with impunity because it fucks with their game flow and I respect that. But they can't keep making rear end in a top hat raid exotics that are a pain to get and completely useless outside of specific circumstances, if at all. Touch is really cool too, it's a total waste of a neat design.

Also I'm so hard at sniper nerfs. UR nerf is slightly inconvenient but totally justified, and it's not like they did anything about Party Crasher or Conspiracy Theory.

Also gently caress you Bungie, you can't gently caress me out of ever getting a good Party Crasher and then not nerf the fucker, you dicks.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I love secretss. If they release something new in the open world, I will start my return to Destiny today. If not, I will continue playing Kittens Game (the incremental game).

I am asking for some dumb thing, like that thing that they added that made players race in and out of the level to get some stuff. Or the wolves attack. Or the blades one (That was slighly weak).

I also love these things for when a level 8 players meets a level 30 enemy and is instally destroyed, that will never stop being hilarious.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Get hosed everyone, stormcaller supremacy

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

It's pretty funny that they didn't touch non-UR high impact shotguns at all, they need a lower carry capacity or something

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pulsewave now triggers immediate full health regen, overshield and landfall

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

deadwing posted:

It's pretty funny that they didn't touch non-UR high impact shotguns at all, they need a lower carry capacity or something

High impact shotguns should be range capped at like half the range low impact shotguns can be. They should be shotgun-melee heroes who can one shot roaming supers at point blank, while low impacts should be bullet hoses like Invective with crappy stability but great DPS.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

they're fine as a class of item that exists. What actually needs to happen is a nerf to special ammo availability and probably a handling nerf to special weapons that OHK

see this is why bungie needs to stop reading enthusiast boards.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So your average Destiny player then.

My am? I guess, I mean I do rely on myself to stay alive and not constant shields.

Regardless, it's a nerf to a cheese and as opposed to a weapon or skill so who gives a poo poo? Actually relying upon it is lool

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

For more tears, see https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/51ryh7/destiny_weapon_tuning_rise_of_iron/

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

deadwing posted:

It's still possible that special ammo changes will be listed in the upcoming full patch notes. If there were any.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

You nerds can download the update now, that way the game is ready to play once maintenance has finished.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
New menu is cool

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Most recent comment is some dude pissed about the now very real threat of wandering ogres.
Excellent.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This update is huge, 13GB here.

I can't believe Destiny need a 13GB update to balance some weapons.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Tei posted:

PSpoor player spotted.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Best thing about the changes to sniper rifles is that it still won't change how mad people get being killed by them.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

PSpoor player spotted.

Fun facts: Microsoft invented Microsoft Comic Chat in 1996

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Comic_Chat

This was the best product has ever Microsoft released, and from there the company has only going downhill.

They have made Visual Studio, that is fine, and Microsoft Office 97, that is good for people with boring jobs (I guest), but other than that, Microsoft Comic Chat is the only genuine uninorically product the ever made.

About the XBox One. I have all the consoles, I will probably buy a XBox one at some point. But I kind of can't make a excuse for it because all the games available for XBox seems to be available for PS4 and PC, so I can't pretend I am buying for some rare gem of a game, like I did with the nintendo Windows U , to play Xenoblade Xenoxaga X.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I might actually try Boolean Gemini in PVP now. I do think the perks should have been merged, though.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Tei posted:

Probably contains a fair portion of RoI. So that patch can be smaller.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It contains all of ROI, the 9/20th patch will just be an unlocked. That's how all the other expansions worked.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45172/7_Destiny-Update-090816 :getin:

-Rewards for a daily public event are back (and much greater than before)
-Crucible no longer drops legendary engrams
-Weekly crucible weapon bounties removed
-Reduced heavy ammo per brick in 3v3
-1 heavy crate in elimination matches(!)
-Bunch of salvage tweaks
-Spawn with overshield in rift
-Map exploits closed

Nothing about a new world event but I imagine if there is one it will be discovered 30 seconds after someone logs back into the game.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 8, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

It contains all of ROI, the 9/20th patch will just be an unlocked. That's how all the other expansions worked.

And the other expansions brought with them changes to the game-world in the weeks prior as hype build to the expansion's release, to my understanding. Does it seem likely that is going to be initiated by today's download?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Is Unwilling Soul best in slot yet

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 8, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Another currency? Why?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Mill Village posted:

Another currency? Why?

It will not be Destiny without 15+ currency types. Is part of the war against inventory slots.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

quote:

Beowolf, Cicero and Gilgamesh Shaders can once again be acquired by completing Crucible matches

KILL IT WITH FIRE

quote:

Fireteam and players in current game session list have been combined and will display 12 players without needing to change pages

I would have paid $30 just for this. FFS.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 8, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Another currency? Why?

Because the Destiny beta is about to enter Year 3. They have a 10 year plan to complete the game and release it so it seems they're properly on track tbqh.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
RoI trophy list also discovered. 4 campaign quests, beat the raid on normal/heroic, get all the artifacts, do the archon's forge once, and one secret one activated in the new social space.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
"Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package"

Please no more 19 strange coins lmao

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weapon changes seem pretty good. Every oval office and their mate is still going to have a max range party crasher as their main but no more getting mapped by a UR is good.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

"Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package"

Please no more 19 strange coins lmao

19 strange coins is better than armor

Just make it all guns, damnit

At least RoI's gonna let you pick guns only for faction packages, that's gonna be so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't know how timezones work.

How much we have to wait for the maintenance to end?

• Locked thread