Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
I've just started this game and the last time I felt this overwhelmed was when I tried EVE. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I've just started this game and the last time I felt this overwhelmed was when I tried EVE. I love it.

cute newbie here are 20mil Scroll Fragments :shobon:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Vasudus posted:

I'm running a Slayer oroflicker this league and it's pretty amazing, a pretty big upgrade from my Chieftan oroflicker from Talisman. I did 2h sunder until I got to 67 and switched to oro, a 4L 750edps one for 5c. Got the fireborn jewel at 71 for 15c and that's the build requirements. My goal this week is a 760edps 5L so I can put Fortify on flicker instead of leap slam.

I swap out dual strike for the rare situations that I can't sustain flicker strike, like 60% status avoidance maps with enfeeble for the boss fight. I haven't tried it yet, but dual strike should do Atziri just fine.

Super jelly. I was barely able to find a 4link ~720 dps oro for ~4c and Fireborn haven't been below ~29c all day. Yesterday they were 25. I have 15c to my name and I'd buy one in an instant if I saw one.

Looking for some suggestions for gearing. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/duncandun/characters was thinking of getting some cheap uniques to help fill out my dps/defenses. right now my flicker dps is topping around ~6k with ele overload up at .15 APS. It's a little weak, esp on bosses. I find even if I can sustain frenzy charges from ignites the damage is just rough. Esp on something like izaro. I'm just getting one shot atm by him with fort, iron flask and endo charges up.

maps are generally fine though, flying through them literally. it's great. up to ~t7 atm.

also any suggestions for the skill tree please hit me with them. I'm using Neversinks guide mostly and that dude is loaded and constantly talking about how headhunters really elevates the build and I'm having trouble getting a fireborn so I'm thinking there are probably some inefficiencies in the pathing that I could re-do and get some more damage/life out of it.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 8, 2016

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

cute newbie here are 20mil Scroll Fragments :shobon:

That's roughly 1-2ex, so you actually could throw that at a newbie. :v:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Tarezax posted:

Getting back into this game. Went into the Dread Thicket and was accosted by "Plummeting Ursa"

God dammit

One of the new maps has a plummeting ursa boss, It That Fell :haw:

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Moddington posted:

That's roughly 1-2ex, so you actually could throw that at a newbie. :v:

Case and point, I literally have no idea what this means, but if you throw money at me, I can guarantee that I will spend it horribly, so please don't :v:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Does anyone know what causes the stand-alone game to fail when patching with the following error:

quote:

Error: Failed writing received data to disk/application while downloading http://patch806.pathofexile.com:8905/patch/2.4.0.10/PackCheck.exe
It feels like some kind of file permission problem. I've had it on and off ever since I've been playing the game and it's really loving annoying. None of the files are read-only, the permissions in the folder are all legit, and I'm logged on as an administrator. Yet it's refusing to write the downloaded data to the folder.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Me, yesterday: "Hmmm all the 6L ilevel 84 Vaal Regalias are a bit out of my price-range. But I'm up to 4ex now while they've been going down from 7ex to 6ex throughout the day, so I should be able to get one in a day or two."
*Logs in today, not a single one below 8ex now even searching for offline sellers*
:negative:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Stuff tends to be cheaper on the weekends. More players online, more items to sell. More people like me who list 15% off market value just to get rid of it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My lovely 4L chest might not hold out to the weekend. I'd probably have to (ugh) burn some chaos for an intermediary chest-piece in that case.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Phobophilia posted:

how is it? crit or noncrit? any temp chains blasphemy aura?
I respecced my EA Chieftain over to it, which took maybe 12 respec points? Builds were surprisingly similar, I just had to pull a few things from poo poo like accuracy over to totem nodes. That said, my gear is incredibly wrong for the build. Not really specced for crit at all. Blood Magic, not using Blasphemy right now. Will need to work out a better curse setup - I'll probably have it in a CoH setup with some cold or lightning damage for EE as well.

I only played with it for a few minutes, but the totems will always cast full charge Flameblasts now. This is kind of annoying for a few reasons - they only have one setting, and that's Overkill; the clearspeed is kinda bad because there's a delay between summoning a totem and any damage; and while you can force it to go off early by summoning another totem to replace the casting one, it's a bit clunky. You will almost certainly want a Flame Totem or something else for quick clear backup.

I'll run with it for a while more tonight and see how it feels. More than likely I'll end up switching over to Firestorm totems or just plain old Flame Totem. It's interesting, though.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying to price out that ring. Not much experience selling.
+16% to Fire and Lightning Resistances IMP
8% increased Fire Damage S1
+73 to maximum Life Tier 1 prefix: Virile, min=[70] max=[79]
+26 to maximum Energy Shield P5
+40% to Cold Resistance S3
+27% to Chaos Resistance S2
Suffix Open

Similar 23c(worse), 25c (worse), 30c (worse), 35c (maybe better because it's diamond), & 1ex (actually worse than mine Im p sure). Obv don't want to undersell, but I still want to sell it. I have it at 30c right now. I know this isn't a price check forum, but I trust ya'll more than anyone.

I guess it comes down to how much would I pay for it? I guess if I was a fire witch who need quad resists and life I'd pay 30c for it. But would I pay 40? I have almost no experience paying a lot for items so I don't know.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Insurrectionist posted:

My lovely 4L chest might not hold out to the weekend. I'd probably have to (ugh) burn some chaos for an intermediary chest-piece in that case.

Eagle Guardian 537 es 109 life 4.5ex

Hauki
May 11, 2010

That's an open prefix, not an open suffix which significantly changes the value imo

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010
First of all it's an open prefix, and the fire damage roll is very low, and most casters will be looking for diamond rings. Since rings are a great slot for adding DPS, I don't think that ring is worth anywhere close to 30c. Maybe 10c to the right person.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would start it at 20c and drop 5c a day till you sell it.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I had a nice lucky streak. Found a blue evasion 5l for 1c listed for 2 minutes, scoured it, used the best +life essence I had and it rolled +life, +eva/%eva, +80 res total.

It helped a little on dps, but Deerstalker was giving me a fake-5L for bladefall traps. Now I need new boots or some bonus trap skill.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

ButtWolf posted:

Eagle Guardian 537 es 109 life 4.5ex

Just a pity about the ilevel.

Anyway I just bought a much much cheaper 6L ilevel 100 Widowsilk Robe instead. Not had a ton of luck with my Essences so far but at least I've got a 6L with 550 ES now.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Just a pity about the ilevel.

Anyway I just bought a much much cheaper 6L ilevel 100 Widowsilk Robe instead. Not had a ton of luck with my Essences so far but at least I've got a 6L with 550 ES now.

Gotta love how people are wanting 2-2.5 ex for a 6L white ES armor piece. Freaking insane.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

Gotta love how people are wanting 2-2.5 ex for a 6L white ES armor piece. Freaking insane.

How is that insane? Six links are rare and for the most luxury items, and 5Ls are dirtass cheap and super accessible. I remember selling a poo poo ilvl 6L white golden plate or something for several ex not that long ago. Cards really made them more accessible to everyone, they used to be several times that price.

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
Yo if anyone wanna throw me a guild invite that'd be sweet, ign SebKrools.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shinino Kage posted:

They don't just want that, people are willing to pay it too :eyepop:

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

I hadn't played a new league before Essence in the last year, but that is actually a cheap price for a white 6L within the first week of a new league. Unless div cards have completely changed the price of 6Ls I'd say that's actually much cheaper than they used to be.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MacDeuce posted:

Unless div cards have completely changed the price of 6Ls I'd say that's actually much cheaper than they used to be.

the 6link 100 ilevel cards are ~18c each

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A 6L is a total luxury for just about every build that isn't pre 2.4 CoC. And most of your high end builds are CI. A few ex for a crafting base is pretty reasonable all things considered.

I'm tempted to buy roughly 60 silver coins and run prophecies until I get a jewelers touch. I'm reasonably certain that I'll come out ahead vs paying 50c for the prophecy.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

A 6L is a total luxury for just about every build that isn't pre 2.4 CoC. And most of your high end builds are CI. A few ex for a crafting base is pretty reasonable all things considered.

I'm tempted to buy roughly 60 silver coins and run prophecies until I get a jewelers touch. I'm reasonably certain that I'll come out ahead vs paying 50c for the prophecy.
I'd wait a few days for the influx of silver coinage to hit the market.

...gently caress.

Just read that sentence. It makes complete sense in context in an incredibly hosed-up way.

what have you done to me, path of exile

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vasudus posted:

Plus you might actually get some fun prophecies out of it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I ran A LOT of prophecies during the league. Most of my income that wasn't from selling a doctor card was from selling the results of prophecies. I've had absolutely poo poo drop rates for coins since I started mapping, and it makes me sad. I think this is a better idea and a more fun use of my time.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Haven't played for a few leagues and I'm having trouble pricing stuff again.

What could I sell this for? It seems pretty decent to me for any melee build that uses axes.
http://i.imgur.com/o9qpAmz.png

theshim
May 1, 2012

If you're going for volume on prophecies, do you actually run all of the non-sellable ones?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

If you're going for volume on prophecies, do you actually run all of the non-sellable ones?

I do unless it's an incredibly lovely one. Prophecies were/might still be up to 7 coins to seal, which is anywhere from 1-2c. It's usually faster to just run it and clear it.

I would seal most unique upgrades and the ones that are like 'an undying alchemist will drop an alchemy orb'. gently caress you game, I'm not doing six resets of the sewers for that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Vasudus posted:

I do unless it's an incredibly lovely one. Prophecies were/might still be up to 7 coins to seal, which is anywhere from 1-2c. It's usually faster to just run it and clear it.

I would seal most unique upgrades and the ones that are like 'an undying alchemist will drop an alchemy orb'. gently caress you game, I'm not doing six resets of the sewers for that.
A FOOL TRIES TO TURN LEAD TO GOLD, BUT A DEFT HAND TAKES IT BY FORCE

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

Why not just run a few chars to merciless tbh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Eezee posted:

Haven't played for a few leagues and I'm having trouble pricing stuff again.

What could I sell this for? It seems pretty decent to me for any melee build that uses axes.
http://i.imgur.com/o9qpAmz.png

that's pretty nice, compare it to other triple damage resist jewels?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is there a current hotness for facebreakers? I found a pair of 790%'ers and was considering doing a build instead of just selling them

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

https://oddshot.tv/shot/Kluffu/Uzqrt24urt1Auo8S-EQQMeOc

So apparently the new Crypt boss goes berserk and constantly shoots purple novas that do like 5000 damage when he's cursed. I did the fight with a char that just used curse on hit Herald of Ice for power charges and had no problem. His other attacks is just a big choreographed slam, the normal melee attack, and random Blasphemies that he walks around with.

I love GGG so much for putting this mechanic in the game.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Tabletops posted:

is there a current hotness for facebreakers? I found a pair of 790%'ers and was considering doing a build instead of just selling them
One of the more popular builds for them is Ancestral Warchief totems, they're pretty kickass. Essence also includes some ways to get a ton of flat phys on gear, making them even easier to get to super killdude levels.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
is there a list of which prophecies are available to be given at each difficulty? I'm sure saving all coins till merc is the best option but I'm wondering if I shouldn't try to farm some of those early unique conversion ones as I re-level on hc.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

The Real Foogla posted:

that's pretty nice, compare it to other triple damage resist jewels?

Pretty hard finding something comparable unless you try every combination of triple damage resists.
I'll just put it up for 20c and see if someone will take it I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Eezee posted:

Pretty hard finding something comparable unless you try every combination of triple damage resists.
I'll just put it up for 20c and see if someone will take it I guess.

I was thinking more like 1 Ex :v:

• Locked thread