Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I had a game yesterday where I found a 5-pip die room in C-1 three instances in a row. I didn't make it to the Boss Rush that game but I was horribly powerful coming out of the 4th trip through C-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

IMJack posted:

I had a game yesterday where I found a 5-pip die room in C-1 three instances in a row. I didn't make it to the Boss Rush that game but I was horribly powerful coming out of the 4th trip through C-1.

A chain of 5-pip rooms tends to happen more often than it doesn't, and I hope they never "fix" that because I love it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
This was an odd glitch. I'm in the Chest and just came out of a secret room to head to the final fight. As you can see, all the items I left in the 3 gold chests in the starting room have followed me here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Gromit posted:

This was an odd glitch. I'm in the Chest and just came out of a secret room to head to the final fight. As you can see, all the items I left in the 3 gold chests in the starting room have followed me here.

Curse of the maze can move rooms as well as move Isaac. You'll probably start to notice it a lot when it happens now.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

I also had this happen to me today for the first time and thought about posting it here. Curse of the Maze is bullshit. Yes I love trying to walk into a room five times in a row.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Jibo posted:

Curse of the maze can move rooms as well as move Isaac. You'll probably start to notice it a lot when it happens now.

Wow, so I've got a thousand hours in this game and never noticed it moving rooms rather than just the player before. I feel dumb now.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Gromit posted:

Wow, so I've got a thousand hours in this game and never noticed it moving rooms rather than just the player before. I feel dumb now.

Same. Jesus. Really? Might explain why I'll walk into spikes and blame myself for not remembering they were there every now and again.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Managed to unlock the lost with mysterious paper doubling for missing poster then immediately went on to get a hard mode lost chest clear, feels good man. Had ridiculous damage by the end, brimstone and a boatload of damage upgrades. Just nuke every room the second you enter it. I scored an early dead cat but the only time I actually died in the end was to the bloat. 4 times in a row. Fuckin bloat.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm playing on a new PC with a USB keyboard, and it's only recognizing 3 keypresses at he same time, and in this game there's times you need to be able to hit 4 or 5 keys at once. I never had this problem with my old PS/2 keyboard. Is this a known issue and can I fix it, or is it just down to my keyboard?

Also I'm getting graphical glitching whenever the game tries to do a distort effect (Monstro stomping) but I think that's just mobo's onboard video card.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

IMJack posted:

I'm playing on a new PC with a USB keyboard, and it's only recognizing 3 keypresses at he same time, and in this game there's times you need to be able to hit 4 or 5 keys at once. I never had this problem with my old PS/2 keyboard. Is this a known issue and can I fix it, or is it just down to my keyboard?

It's a problem with basically every keyboard, and it's hardware.

https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I love the (maybe unintended?) effect of picking up Ipecac and then Dr. Fetus, you get super damaging bombs that explode on impact and somehow don't hurt you.

Never noticed the visual effect of Brimstone + Tech 1 before, it's cool the tech beam wraps around brim.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

KingShiro posted:

I love the (maybe unintended?) effect of picking up Ipecac and then Dr. Fetus, you get super damaging bombs that explode on impact and somehow don't hurt you.

Never noticed the visual effect of Brimstone + Tech 1 before, it's cool the tech beam wraps around brim.

It's intentional, usually explosions do a full heart of damage to you. Picking up Ipecac decreases that damage by half a heart, and Dr. Fetus does the same. Together they nullify explosion damage.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

HenryEx posted:

It's intentional, usually explosions do a full heart of damage to you. Picking up Ipecac decreases that damage by half a heart, and Dr. Fetus does the same. Together they nullify explosion damage.

Oh, that's the logic behind that synergy. I thought it was just a special interaction added in since they were both explosive tear modifiers.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

My last Eden run started with that thing that randomises all your items at the start of each floor. Had some narrow scrapes but killed Isaac with a lucky RNG. Then I start on ??? and get multiple Dr Fetus bombs that boomerang back to me and no explosion immunity. Well played, BoI.
Just managed to win by running towards my targets to throw the bombs as far as possible and then run away so they couldn't get back to me. Didn't work all the time, and tough to hit enemies that home in.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
AB+ update

Music: "Flux" from some new zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBy4Bz2OEhs

New trinkets:

Legend of Bumbo main menu & title music preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1t8ETrrVvE

And some more of TimeFcuk Quest, or Mega-Steven or whatever this is going to be called
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtr7Ala5hbA

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's a problem with basically every keyboard, and it's hardware.

https://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx

There are plenty of keyboards that overcome the problem by various means, or ones that do have the issue but can handle way more than 3 keys at once.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

chippy posted:

There are plenty of keyboards that overcome the problem by various means, or ones that do have the issue but can handle way more than 3 keys at once.

There certainly are, but if you just buy any old keyboard chances are it'll have this issue.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

HenryEx posted:

I first figured this out on a Lost run where I had picked up Ipecac, had gotten fairly powerful, and had just gone nice and slow the whole way. Got to the chest, was tired of being careful, decided to pick up Dr Fetus for fun, just to see if I could survive more than one room, and it turned out yes, yes I could, and nothing would stand in my way.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Gromit posted:

My last Eden run started with that thing that randomises all your items at the start of each floor. Had some narrow scrapes but killed Isaac with a lucky RNG. Then I start on ??? and get multiple Dr Fetus bombs that boomerang back to me and no explosion immunity. Well played, BoI.
Just managed to win by running towards my targets to throw the bombs as far as possible and then run away so they couldn't get back to me. Didn't work all the time, and tough to hit enemies that home in.

Seems like every time I get that item I end up with a floor where I have boomerang Ipecac. One time I even had...The Mark? The one that gives you a targeting crosshair. I could not stop firing explosives at myself. Made it to the next floor, though, and by that point I had all the transformations at once.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Enter room, press space, done.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Most annoying boss in the game is probably floor 1 ragman when you have no damage up or bombs. He's beatable but it takes freaking FOREVER

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Azazel + sad bombs + strange attractor is surprisingly fun when you have lots of bombs or a gold bomb. Every bomb becomes a black hole.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Most annoying boss in the game is probably floor 1 ragman when you have no damage up or bombs. He's beatable but it takes freaking FOREVER
My very first run after installing Afterbirth had a double Ragman on floor 1. I did not win.

Always target the rolling heads, btw, that way you simultaneously damage the Ragman and reduce the health of the ragling spider it turns into. That move when he spawns two spiders and heals himself is pure bullshit though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mr Phillby posted:

My very first run after installing Afterbirth had a double Ragman on floor 1. I did not win.

Always target the rolling heads, btw, that way you simultaneously damage the Ragman and reduce the health of the ragling spider it turns into. That move when he spawns two spiders and heals himself is pure bullshit though.

I think as soon as the spiders spawn, they have the same health as any spiders you didn't attempt to damage. If you manage to cause enough damage to the head before the spiders spawn, then they don't spawn. However, I think it's all or nothing for the spider's health.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
There's an Afterbirth+ discussion at PAX today at 3:30. I'm assuming PST.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

IUG posted:

I think as soon as the spiders spawn, they have the same health as any spiders you didn't attempt to damage. If you manage to cause enough damage to the head before the spiders spawn, then they don't spawn. However, I think it's all or nothing for the spider's health.
Yeah that sounds likely. Still a good idea to shoot the heads tho.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
https://m.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/50vb4e/afterbirth_at_pax/d7787w0

quote:

Discussion:

Paid mods being discussed.
Considering physical version of Isaac. PS4 mentioned. Very few copies planned to be created.
December 31 at latest.
Want to support downloading mods on console, but not creating mods on console.

Items:

The Finger [passive]: Points towards one nearby enemy, who takes continual damage while pointed to.
Big Chubby [passive]: A larger, slower version of Little Chubby.
Black Rune Void [consumable]: Effect unknown.
Large Zit Creep shots [passive]: Effect unknown.
Pokego Gotta catch em all [passive]: Effect unknown.
Smelter
Isaacula More blood! [active, 6 room]: 1, 2
Euchariast [passive]: 1, 2
Lil/Little Monstro [passive]: Charged familiar/follower that fires Monstro-like shots.
Bloodshot Eye [passive]: Circling familiar, like Big Fan. Fires diagonal shots when at a 45-degree angle. Takes maybe 4 seconds to rotate Isaac.
Depression :( [passive]: Familiar/follower that leaves a trail of tears on the ground behind you.
I'm drowsy... [pill]: Effect unknown.
Backstab [passive]: Enemies take extra damage when hit from behind. (Verified.)

Enemy:

Gaper with large, grey head, kinda like Stone Grimace. Functional changes unknown.
I. Blob that fires Monstro's Lung-style shots.

Mod gameplay mode:

Fart Boy mod: Blindfolded, constantly dropping bombs when in a room with enemies.

Miscellaneous:

Stats available on screen. Exact numbers / percentages.
HUD offset can be changed to help people with different screen sizes.
Visual mods to floors, doors, walls, etc.
Visual and functional mods to bosses: Egg (Duke of Flies) fires bomb near death, Bacon (Monstro), etc.
Half spirit hearts.
Titles of five new challenges: Backasswards, Aprils Fool, Pokey Mans, Ultra Hard, Pong.

Eucharist is guaranteed angel rooms, which is nice.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Hail Satan

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

KingShiro posted:

I had a truly broken run a while back where I got both the item that makes you drop active bombs when you get hit and the item that makes explosions heal you

i was basically immortal

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Isaac's heart and dangle boss finally ended larsfests eden streak at 808 runs

https://www.twitch.tv/larsfest/v/87832079

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I had a truly broken run a while back where I got both the item that makes you drop active bombs when you get hit and the item that makes explosions heal you

i was basically immortal

Those are the best runs, especially when you can exploit the poo poo out of a sacrifice room.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

First floor of a Greed run had Blue Cap, Monstro's Lung, and Meat! in the store. GG right from the start.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I get goat head and contract from below on first floor, and walk right into this on the second floor

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

i was basically immortal

I once had this same setup with Azazzael but with sad bombs and scatter bombs.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Jusupov posted:

Isaac's heart and dangle boss finally ended larsfests eden streak at 808 runs

https://www.twitch.tv/larsfest/v/87832079

My Eden streak record is 18. Not quite in the same league.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Afterbirth + update: There's an hour-long PAX stream to dig through with some item spoilers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRR-wzTky9Q

Also, Time Fcuk Quest or whatever we were calling it finally has a formal name: Ĝuroboros

If I'm reading this right, Ĝuroboros is to Mega Man what Isaac is to the Legend of Zelda: procedurally generated and hosed sideways.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Judging by the thumbnail on that video alone it seems Edmund and Tyrone made Northernlion a boss. 'Egg' is an NL meme.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've sort of given up on Isaac because I'm irritated that they're not bringing the updates to the Vita version. By far it is my favourite version of the game, and going from the PC with all the extras back to the Vita makes it feel empty. I wish nicalis were a better developer.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Skunkrocker posted:

Judging by the thumbnail on that video alone it seems Edmund and Tyrone made Northernlion a boss. 'Egg' is an NL meme.

They're just showing off what you can do with the modding tools, it's a reskin of Duke of Flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Why can't you just turn off random curses already? The Lost can start with Holy Mantle but perish the thought you can unlock Black Candle as a starting item for anybody.