Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

ronda from 5 days ago.

she's probably over it, but I don't think she's been training at all. there's like 5 girls now who can contend the title and haven't taken a yearlong depression break. surprised the UFC still has her ranked tbh.

this is still my favorite picture of her

face to foot style, how'd you like it?

Why's everyone have to turn on you for losing one fight its like, a sport, that's how you do a sport

Also Ronda you are v pretty please don't break my arms/ribs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

whoflungpoop posted:

shes a bad sport and has poor character and believes dumb things and acts like a baby when things dont go her way

im so happy with the work shes done in highlighting the equality of gender in a hypermasculine sport to prove that women fighters can be just as much of worthless undignified retards as their male counterparts

I read this in Bob Costas' voice

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

rezatahs posted:

was pretty sure my post was dripping if not drenched in obvious sarcasm :shrug:

my mistake then. apologies

this guy on the other hand...

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I was going to ask if you seriously are saying that there isn't steroid use in the Olympics then I remembered you are the "Crossfit is the most superior form of training" guy and answered my own question

you seem to get quite upset about sports and exercise topics. were you raped by a barbell as a tiny child which causes you to lash out with uninformative shitposting?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

naem posted:

Why's everyone have to turn on you for losing one fight its like, a sport, that's how you do a sport

i didn't like conor mcgregor before he lost, but I respected him afterwards because he was humble in defeat and worked his rear end off to win the rematch. he really toned it down and got serious.

i loved ronda before she lost, but she started being super weird before the Holly fight and handled the loss in the worst way possible. plus if she's ever going to come back, she's still with that dork trainer who thought she could box with a world class kickboxer. not a fan of things to come.

and by weird I mean this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3d_jr6mjV8

she might've been loopy from the weight cut but she was like a different person.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 9, 2016

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Two questions: Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that after Rousey got KO'ed you could hear her wail 'Nooooooo!' after coming around and realizing she'd gotten knocked out/lost the match. Anybody have a clear clip of that?

Secondly, anybody have any opinions on what was the most unbalanced UFC fight imaginable?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

LadyPictureShow posted:

Secondly, anybody have any opinions on what was the most unbalanced UFC fight imaginable?

rousey v holm

http://fightstate.com/serious-rumors-are-circulating-holly-holm-was-on-steroids-because-of-this-image/

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
would

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

LadyPictureShow posted:

Two questions: Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned that after Rousey got KO'ed you could hear her wail 'Nooooooo!' after coming around and realizing she'd gotten knocked out/lost the match. Anybody have a clear clip of that?

A old pro boxer vs an old veteran MMA fighter. Who wins? Couture vs Toney

e: also maybe a huge mismatch this Saturday. a complete amateur who is famous vs someone who has been in fights.

and I made a clip of the NOOOOO for ya. a moment after the camera cuts to Holly. It's not super loud so wear headphones.

:dukedoge:

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 9, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Isn't that one of those weird lady cups (don't know the word). Gymnists and swimmers wear them too. Hides the camel toe.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Solice Kirsk posted:

Isn't that one of those weird lady cups (don't know the word). Gymnists and swimmers wear them too. Hides the camel toe.

wearing a cup to a weigh-in? i don't think so. and nothing is being covered there. you can see almost every feature of her clitoris and labia

still would doe

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Chyna would be proud.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
:nws: :nws: http://imgur.com/a/PvA9v :nws: :nws:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it's called a dance belt. Dudes wear them too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

TheBizzness posted:

I liked Anderson Silva a lot, too bad he was already ancient in fighting years by the time he unlocked his greatness.

Anderson Silva was a steroid cheater

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

naem posted:

People didn't turn on ber for losing. They did for what she did leading up to the loss and after.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hackney vs Yarborough measurably altered the tectonic dynamics to the point the Berkeley Seismic Laboratory joined the lobby effort for greater restriction on combat sports because it was loving up their poo poo.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

Forest Griffin trying to punch Anderson Silva gets my vote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUw0_9bC11I

Griffin talks about the fight here, dude knows exactly what happened to him and it's hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1R50LpFh_M

Forest's entrance music for his next bout was Chumbawumba - Tubthumper

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Don't posts pics of Chyna, it's disrespectful of her legacy!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Robot Pride posted:

my mistake then. apologies

this guy on the other hand...

you seem to get quite upset about sports and exercise topics. were you raped by a barbell as a tiny child which causes you to lash out with uninformative shitposting?

did the military make you retarded or something? You seem to have an issue with just repeating things you are told.

"Crossfit is the best possible form of physical fitness and people talk poo poo because they are jealous of it's greatness"
"The Olympics doesn't have any steroids because people test for it."

I mean if you are "Robot Pride" because you are a literal robot that has programming for brains and is trying to understand the complexities of the world you live in and human interaction then I'll give you a pass. It's either that or you are a giant innocent toddler that somehow hasn't learned what lies are.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

What is crossfit?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

Crossfit is the meatspin.com of circuit training.
Its the difference between building a house, and being good at putting nails in a board.
Crossfit places a huge emphasis on form, and not needing it.
Crossfit teaches the correct way to do an incorrect pullup.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
i get the concept of crossfit, you flail around like you are having a seizure which coincidentally gives you more of a full body workout, but the flailing is the problem and you don't even need to do it to give you a full body workout.

It's like some guy invented a process to be "More hydrated than even drinking water" because water evaporates out of your glass "so you aren't getting all of it" and the only true way to attain hydration perfection is to stick a patented container the guy sells full of water up your rear end in a top hat that then explodes, potentially damaging your body forever. People will apparently pay thousands of dollars for the marketing to "Achieve perfect hydration" even though there are much simpler, cheaper and easier ways to accomplish their task.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Lol crossfit.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*gives you 500 a month to work out in a lovely garage. * CROSSFIT

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
talk about fight stuff you dumb cocksuckers

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LadyPictureShow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldemrbEAh4&hd=1

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjOiPkueto

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

whoflungpoop posted:

shes a bad sport and has poor character and believes dumb things and acts like a baby when things dont go her way

im so happy with the work shes done in highlighting the equality of gender in a hypermasculine sport to prove that women fighters can be just as much of worthless undignified retards as their male counterparts

I could pick a random guy off the street and chances are they could beat the tar out of rousey.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
noted forum user Cigstomper58 advocates violence towards women

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

Well, one specific woman.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

spacetoaster posted:

Well, one specific woman.

fair enough

its a good promo

in fact it happened once

she just cant do anything to strikers and boxers but if you get grabbed rip

that was her only problem with that fight that btfo her out, was that she was against an actual boxer iirc

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

you are in a thread where we lock two women in a cage and have them beat eachother up for our amusement.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's Ronda beating on a goony goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPKk4MsA4pU&t=216s

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The best part about the Ronda/Holm fight was that Joe Rogan was talking for months about how Ronda was the greatest female fighter of all time and what an absolute privilege it was to be able to see her perform. Then when she lost he did a complete 180 and rarely talks about her at all unless asked directly.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Harrower posted:

The best part about the Ronda/Holm fight was that Joe Rogan was talking for months about how Ronda was the greatest female fighter of all time and what an absolute privilege it was to be able to see her perform. Then when she lost he did a complete 180 and rarely talks about her at all unless asked directly.

I guarantee that he talked about her because that's the narrative the UFC wanted to promote. When was the last time you heard someone talk down a current champion ramping up to a title fight? Hell, what about a challenger?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I guarantee that he talked about her because that's the narrative the UFC wanted to promote. When was the last time you heard someone talk down a current champion ramping up to a title fight? Hell, what about a challenger?

Tyson loving Fury

I don't think any commentator thinks any of the current heavyweight contenders deserve any of those belts, they are pretty much across the board mediocre.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqX7wCjQec

Seems to be a bit more than just some company man shilling some hype. Though It's not like I listen to his fight commentary at length unless there is some big upset or whatever that my family and coworkers won't stop talking about.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Harrower posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKqX7wCjQec

Seems to be a bit more than just some company man shilling some hype. Though It's not like I listen to his fight commentary at length unless there is some big upset or whatever that my family and coworkers won't stop talking about.

Why isn't Rogan's side gig being a WWE announcer, it's like he doesn't know he has a microphone

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
https://youtu.be/L6nMtVxLVa8

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ronda absolutely, objectively, was the best and most impressive female fighter leading up to the Holm fight

Holm, despite knocking ronda out cold, had not looked as impressive in her career and has since lost to someone Ronda beat dominantly multiple times

The only other candidate for the female GOAT is joanna champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
No one seems more aware of the fact that Joe Rogan is a giant idiot than Joe Rogan, at least

• Locked thread