Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The way that everyone jumps in the air before the grenades explode never stops being marvelous :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

He's just taking a nap. He'll be fine.

Haha, this is pretty goofy on its own. Batman should go out for the hammer throw in the 2020 Games.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
There's nothing goofy about a man dressed as a bat using grapple hooks to beat up criminals.

BTW, "dumb jock Zack Snyder" had a broken hole in a wall (left by Superman being tossed through it during his fight with Batman) be in the shape of Ontario because Joe Schuster was from there. Dumb Zack Snyder hates comics and Superman.

https://twitter.com/ClayEnos/status/774170361390706688

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 9, 2016

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Electromax posted:

Haha, this is pretty goofy on its own. Batman should go out for the hammer throw in the 2020 Games.

This, and Batman swinging Superman in a very slow, but not slow-motion, circle looked pretty weird. I feel like I remember similar things in Spiderman movies. Maybe its really hard to do cable physics right.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrible Horse posted:

This, and Batman swinging Superman in a very slow, but not slow-motion, circle looked pretty weird. I feel like I remember similar things in Spiderman movies. Maybe its really hard to do cable physics right.

They're practical effects.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

There's nothing goofy about a man dressed as a bat using grapple hooks to beat up criminals.

BTW, "dumb jock Zack Snyder" had a broken hole in a wall (left by Superman being tossed through it during his fight with Batman) be in the shape of Ontario because Joe Schuster was from there. Dumb Zack Snyder hates comics and Superman.

https://twitter.com/ClayEnos/status/774170361390706688

Oh Jesus, every time I was like 'why Ontario?'

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Aw man, I love the meme about Snyder being a musclebound idiot. Dude is obsessed with comic books, christian symbolism and renaissance paintings. If he weighed 45kg or 155kg people would like him more. What I'm saying is, the internet dorks are prejudiced about the physically fit.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Do people actually say this? Dude makes nothing but nerd movies and if anything has a bizarre amount of respect for the concept of Superman in particular. He gets a lot of nerd backlash because he likes to change things up, but he seems like a dude who loves nerd poo poo.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

well why not posted:

Aw man, I love the meme about Snyder being a musclebound idiot. Dude is obsessed with comic books, christian symbolism and renaissance paintings. If he weighed 45kg or 155kg people would like him more.

Ehhh you're halfway there, throw in "works for Marvel Studios" and I think you've discovered the secret formula.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It'll be interesting how Superman and the rest of the superheros introduced in BvS justify joining Batmans Justice League. Batman is a washed up murderer in BvS. Are they going to have moral qualms about teaming up with someone like that? You were easily duped by a millennial with daddy issues. It happens! We trust you implicitly! All is forgiven!

Maybe it'll be a "lesser of two evils" thing?

These movies work better if you assume all the characters in them are retarded.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yaws posted:

It'll be interesting how Superman and the rest of the superheros introduced in BvS justify joining Batmans Justice League. Batman is a washed up murderer in BvS. Are they going to have moral qualms about teaming up with someone like that? You were easily duped by a millennial with daddy issues. It happens! We trust you implicitly! All is forgiven!

Flash is a huge autist in Justice League, immediately signing up to the League because he doesn't have any other friends. Aquaman, on the other hand, is pissed that Bruce interrupts him while he's drinking with his buddies and tells him to gently caress off.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Do people actually say this? Dude makes nothing but nerd movies and if anything has a bizarre amount of respect for the concept of Superman in particular. He gets a lot of nerd backlash because he likes to change things up, but he seems like a dude who loves nerd poo poo.

I've legit seen reddit posts suggesting he's illiterate. I guess he got Watchmen on tape.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm assuming the character was previously well respected in the psychic community before their controversial "big bug" prediction lead to them being shunned.

I'm actually thinking that it's one of those things where Richard Dawkins types are using semantics to demonstrate that anybody who was predicting giant bug invasion before the fact couldn't produce any direct evidence and their prophecies were all wildly inconsistent. But there's this one guy and a small outcrop of individuals who specifically predict and continue to proselytize after the fact that the giant bug invasion was a Pearl Harbor-style inside job.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yaws posted:

What would be the main issue?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yaws isn't really worth talking to when it comes to BvS.

Yaws summed up his/her thoughts with this post:

Yaws posted:

I hated this movie, I despise the people who made it and I have nothing but contempt for people who enjoyed it.

They are not going to engage in actual discussion.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Well, humor me.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 202 days!

Yaws posted:

Well, Wonder Woman is typically depicted as willing to kill, being as she is from a warrior culture. The distinction made is that she's from a matriarchal warrior culture, which is implicitly and/or explicitly different from its patriarchal equivalent in a manner similar to Frank Herbert's Fish Speakers.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Yaws posted:

Remember when Man Of Steel came out, and nerds thought the fight scenes were terrifying by accident?

And then remember when the same nerds were surprised that the sequel was specifically about the traumatic impact of the fight scenes - even claiming that Snyder was scrambling to fix his 'mistake'?

You're doing that again.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 9, 2016

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
They don't join up with Batman because he's starting a softball team, they join up because he presumably convinces them that he has info that a world-destroying alien is on its way. I'm sure there will be plenty of Avengers-esque "I'll work with you....for now! But I dont trust you" arguments too. Not complicated.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The rest of the Justice League won't care about the people Batman killed. As noted earlier, Wonder Woman comes from a warrior culture and fought in WWI.

Aquaman runs his own kingdom and was rumored to have been the one to gently caress up that oil tanker in MoS, long before that movie was part of a shared universe.

Flash would probably pretty impressed with Batman, being able to fight his way through endless goons, save Martha, and then immediately fight a chimera.

Cyborg, well, probably wouldn't phase him one way or the other.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Terrible Horse posted:

They don't join up with Batman because he's starting a softball team, they join up because he presumably convinces them that he has info that a world-destroying alien is on its way. I'm sure there will be plenty of Avengers-esque "I'll work with you....for now! But I dont trust you" arguments too. Not complicated.

Even simpler: Aquaman and the rest haven't seen the full ultimate cut of BvS themselves. Potentially the most they know is that the Batman was some weird vigilante who showed up to help Superman kill this big alien monster. They know dick all about Lex Luthor's plot or Bruce Wayne's personal issues or how many dudes he killed despite his famous "no killing" rule in the comics. Is there anyone aside from 4 people who even know or care that Superman and Batman had a feud which ended in a fist fight?

Water Sheep
Jan 6, 2013

Yaws posted:

Who says Batman was duped? He thinks Superman represents everything he fears. The movie starts of with him running through the rubble of Superman's fight and listening as people he loves die. He continues focusing on that until the end of the Fight. Lex, and his little games, have nothing to do with this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Cyborg looks so drat bad in the promo for Justice League

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hollismason posted:

Cyborg looks so drat bad in the promo for Justice League

I've got good news - that's the worst he's ever going to look.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

The rest of the Justice League won't care about the people Batman killed. As noted earlier, Wonder Woman comes from a warrior culture and fought in WWI.

Aquaman runs his own kingdom and was rumored to have been the one to gently caress up that oil tanker in MoS, long before that movie was part of a shared universe.

Flash would probably pretty impressed with Batman, being able to fight his way through endless goons, save Martha, and then immediately fight a chimera.

Cyborg, well, probably wouldn't phase him one way or the other.

Yikes.

I guess all the complaints about comic book superheros are true. They really are nothing but right wing power fantasies. The Übermensch lording their powers over us weaklings. Humans can do nothing but sit back and watch and hope the 'good guys' come out on top. Of course even when they do win they're so bad at their jobs entire cities are leveled. It's lose lose for humanity haha

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

A gang of black ops blowing themselves up in a warehouse isn't going to be making the news the night an Urikhai created by Lex Luthor kills Superman

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yaws posted:

Yikes.

I guess all the complaints about comic book superheros are true. They really are nothing but right wing power fantasies. The Übermensch lording their powers over us weaklings. Humans can do nothing but sit back and watch and hope the 'good guys' come out on top. Of course even when they do win they're so bad at their jobs entire cities are leveled. It's lose lose for humanity haha

But why did you respond to a post about Justice League by talking about the Avengers?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My post is assuming that if most of the Justice League members outside WW even knew about what exactly happened in the events of BvS. As Guy A. Person points out, they haven't watched the Ultimate Cut so don't know most of the details.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Yaws posted:

Yikes.

As much as I like BvS, I don't like how it made you such a bad poster.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yaws posted:

I guess all the complaints about comic book superheros are true. They really are nothing but right wing power fantasies. The Übermensch lording their powers over us weaklings.

You were given a right-wing power fantasy, Miller-inspired Batman that was explicitly shown as wrong and rejected in Batman v Superman and your response has been to spend six months blubbering about how awful and terrible and wrong it was to do that with Your Precious Batman. You are the reason nothing interesting can be done in comic book movies without massive amounts of baseless nerd salt infecting every level of discourse about them. Enjoy Deadpool 2.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yaws posted:

Yikes.

I know I'm an idiot for engaging with you but explain to me how the Flash (for example) knows/cares that:

1) Lex Luthor manipulated Batman

2) Batman as a result got into a fist fight with Superman

3) Batman killed a few paramilitary dudes

since those seemed to be your major reasons for him not trusting Batman. My assumption is that at best he knows about the Bat brand.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
All those electrical sparks coming off Doomsday was actually The Flash, he was there, he knows what kind of monster Batman is, he doesn't care though because he voted for Ron Paul.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Remember when Man Of Steel came out, and nerds thought the fight scenes were terrifying by accident?

People were terrified by MoS? I don't remember that.

quote:

All those electrical sparks coming off Doomsday was actually The Flash, he was there, he knows what kind of monster Batman is, he doesn't care though because he voted for Ron Paul.

Halfway through the film tensions will rise when Batman learns Flash's philosophy of "kill you're parents".

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 9, 2016

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Halfway through the film tensions will rise when Batman learns Flash's philosophy of "kill you're parents".

MoS's city destroying finale was filmed pretty viscerally and actually got a reaction out of people, unlike the Avengers a year prior.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

MacheteZombie posted:

Every pedestrian in Central City feels a rush of air and suddenly finds themselves holding a piece of paper reading "google ron paul"

RBA Starblade posted:

It was more like "these scenes are really intense and making me uncomfortable, not like the fun ones in Avengers!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

MoS's city destroying finale was filmed pretty viscerally and actually got a reaction out of people, unlike the Avengers a year prior.

I'm sure there's a portion of car enthusiasts who have nightmares thanks to Avengers.

Every pedestrian in Central City feels a rush of air and suddenly finds themselves holding a piece of paper reading "google ron paul"

"BUY GOLD"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if Joe Chill was actually Eobard Thawne you guys?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
nvm.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

It was more like "these scenes are really intense and making me uncomfortable, not like the fun ones in Avengers!"

Oh I vaguely do recall that now. I thought they were pretty cool.

quote:

and actually got a reaction out of people, unlike the Avengers a year prior.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Avengers got a reaction out of a lot of people. "This is pretty kick rear end!"

Also nearly everybody likes the Hulk thrashing Loki.

• Locked thread