Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You're right we should just let them do whatever the gently caress they want, there's no way that will ever turn out bad. How silly of that guy for suggesting oversight would be a good thing.

In the movie he's referring to, it's implied that the guy suggesting the "oversight" oversaw the accord facilitating it, so what's it really mean anyway? It's a fig leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

You're right we should just let them do whatever the gently caress they want, there's no way that will ever turn out bad. How silly of that guy for suggesting oversight would be a good thing.

So, confronted with fear, your solution is violence? Or do you imagine we will somehow prevent them from being "whatever the gently caress they want" peacefully?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MacheteZombie posted:

You didn't want Chiwetel Ejiofor to be Dr. Strange because he's black and Dr. Strange is white.

lmao if this is true. Do you have the quote?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Congratulations, you've decoded the message of Batman v Superman, a movie that ends with Superman (of his own free will) dying for his adopted planet and Batman's redemption.

He died because he didn't dodge getting stabbed in the chest. Batman could have easily used the spear on Doomsday.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Equeen posted:

lmao if this is true. Do you have the quote?

achillesforever6 posted:

I sure could make a better movie than these hacks :smug:

Also :lol: at people saying that Chiwetel Ejiofor should have been cast as Dr. Strange, gently caress that I just want to watch a superhero movie that looks semi accurate to the comics.

All they want to do to movies like Civil War is make it look like a goddamn Refn film with the cinematography, they don't need that, they just a good story and quips and a decent score.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
drat, I just realised that Trump could actually fulfill all his election promises if he had Superman in his pocket

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Yaws posted:

At least then they'd answer to someone. The Commander and Chief of the military is the President who is elected by the people. Superman is a some random alien dickhead who treats Earth and humanity like his little playthings. All the power in the world and no one to answer to. He faces no meaningful consequences for his gross incompetence in the Zod fight in MoS. Same with Batman. That mother fucker belongs in prison.

Actually he's a nice man and I love him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Terrible Horse posted:

Actually he's a nice man and I love him.

Aw.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

He died because he didn't dodge getting stabbed in the chest. Batman could have easily used the spear on Doomsday.

Superman didn't have any choice, he had to sacrifice himself immediately to save that .... unpopulated industrial estate??

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Please go to Reddit, where this level of analysis is celebrated and encouraged.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Superman didn't have any choice, he had to sacrifice himself immediately to save that .... unpopulated industrial estate??

Much like the Zod fight in MoS, people don't seem to understand that the Dawn of Justice League are slowly losing that fight.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If only Batman had made Kryptonite bullets instead of spending all that time making an extremely gaudy spear of destiny. Then he could have just sniped both Superman and Doomsday from a safe distance.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I guess now that Superman has done his Christ like thing and died for us the logical step is humanity worshiping him and so we're back at this worship of power in the DC movies.

Just loving go away Superman.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Christ, that's worst than I imagined. :catstare:

Seriously, achillesforever6, is Strange's whiteness really that central to the character?

Yaws posted:

Just loving go away Yaws

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

If only Batman had made Kryptonite bullets instead of spending all that time making an extremely gaudy spear of destiny. Then he could have just sniped both Superman and Doomsday from a safe distance.

On the whole, Batman has been a lot more consistent about not using guns than he has been about not killing people.

I think that was Lex' plan though.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Much like the Zod fight in MoS, people don't seem to understand that the Dawn of Justice League are slowly losing that fight.

'Slowly losing'. They only a decent amount of time to go before they may have had to make a strategic retreat, clearly all hope was lost!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

'Slowly losing'. They only a decent amount of time to go before they may have had to make a strategic retreat, clearly all hope was lost!

Well, no. The fight had gotten significantly more dangerous - Doomsday now had a spike that could pierce his previously-nigh-invulnerable opponents.

But I'm not arguing for tactical realism in my superhero movies - and I'm disappointed in any Cinemasins-worshipping dipshit that does.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I respect a man making his hunt/kill a much more personal affair. It shows men are brave.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

While I'm not sure if this happened in DC Comics, the Ultimate Marvel universe at least took a stab at this

Seeing W in the Ultimate comics really turned me off that universe. It was hostile but also so masturbatory. Including real world stuff in escapist stories always turns out that way.

I quit reading around the time that Captain America called the Hulk gay for trying to constantly rape Betty Ross.

Man, Ultimates loving sucked.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
HULK STRAIGHT

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

HIJK posted:

I quit reading around the time that Captain America called the Hulk gay for trying to constantly rape Betty Ross.

This sentence makes literally no sense to me. What?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Xealot posted:

Here, let me help you:

HIJK posted:

Man, Ultimates loving sucked.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Spider-man did hang out with Obama that one time

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spider-man did hang out with Obama that one time

:lol:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know i should have seen that gbs post come to bite me in the rear end

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Xealot posted:

I swear to god this happened. Basically the ULTIMATE AVENGERSSSSS get together, and their first target is THE HULK. We are introduced to the THE HULK as mild mannered Bruce Banner, stalking Betty, calling her female coworkers whores, and trying to rape her. When she beats him up (I think that happened?) and otherwise rejects him, Bruce HULKS OUT and levels downtown New York. Oh that stinker! So SamJack Fury calls in the ULTIMATE AVENGERSSSSS and Steve's proposed solution to the problem is to go "haha I bet Bruce is a sissy queer and he can't actually get it up and that's why Betty hates him" because he's from the 1940s y'all, and everyone in the 1940s blamed their impotence on homophobia. That's realism.

And then Hulk jumps from the Empire State Building yelling HULK STRAAAIIIIGHT and that's when I started laughing so hard I couldn't read the rest of the comic and I put it down.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Don't forget the most recent example

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

You know i should have seen that gbs post come to bite me in the rear end

It's okay, men are still good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Justice League retcon. Mercy was a robot, also all of Lex's henchman were robots. Batman knew.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

greatn posted:

Justice League retcon. Mercy was a robot, also all of Lex's henchman were robots. Batman knew.

No lie, I actually want Mercy to be a robot in JL. She was very underused in BvS :(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Eisenberg Lex would totally have a sex robot.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

greatn posted:

Eisenberg Lex would totally have a sex robot.

Especially one that's a beautiful and subordinate Asian woman.

To clarify, I'm saying an evil creep like Eisenberg Lex would totally believe the "Asian women are submissive" stereotype.

Equeen fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 9, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I actually don't think he would, he'd be a little too smart for that. It would be just more likely that's what he digs, and a similar looking woman rejected him in the past, one of his only tastes of rejection.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

If only the Justice League could have the oversight of a Nazi controlled government, like the Avengers did.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Equeen posted:

Especially one that's a beautiful and subordinate Asian woman.

To clarify, I'm saying an evil creep like Eisenberg Lex would totally believe the "Asian women are submissive" stereotype.

Oscar Isaac did play a way better Lex Luthor in Ex Machina, I agree. They should've cast him as Lex, and Eisenberg as Apocalypse.

HIJK posted:

And then Hulk jumps from the Empire State Building yelling HULK STRAAAIIIIGHT and that's when I started laughing so hard I couldn't read the rest of the comic and I put it down.

This legitimately made me sad to read. I hate this.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Xealot posted:

This legitimately made me sad to read. I hate this.

do yourself a favor and never read Ultimates. It's a boring slog of edgy grimdark bullcrap after that poo poo was passé.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Billy Crudup is Flashdad http://variety.com/2016/film/news/the-flash-movie-barry-allens-father-billy-crudup-1201856297/

Good casting :golfclap:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I am actually surprised we have not gotten a adaptation of The Authority.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hollismason posted:

I am actually surprised we have not gotten a adaptation of The Authority.

Isn't that the one that ran with Superman and Batman as a gay couple? Even in today's climate, I cannot possibly see that going over too well in some parts of the world like China.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Cythereal posted:

Isn't that the one that ran with Superman and Batman as a gay couple? Even in today's climate, I cannot possibly see that going over too well in some parts of the world like China.

Yes it is. Honestly, the Warren Ellis stuff is really loving good in my view. Now the Mark Millar stuff is where it goes down hill and Not Batman rapes Not Captain America with a jackhammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hollismason posted:

Yes it is. Honestly, the Warren Ellis stuff is really loving good in my view. Now the Mark Millar stuff is where it goes down hill and Not Batman rapes Not Captain America with a jackhammer.

I'm starting to understand the viewpoint on why you shouldn't make comic book movies like comic books.

• Locked thread