Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAf6kT2GlUU

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Compu-Toon is incomprehensible on the best of days, but this is the kinda think where you just have to wonder if the person writing it is having a stroke.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Neito posted:

Compu-Toon is incomprehensible on the best of days, but this is the kinda think where you just have to wonder if the person writing it is having a stroke.

I think Boyce has been having a stroke for at least the last four threads.

Does he still have that blog where he keeps commenting on his own posts?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

The idea of mice lining up to be spanked by Heathcliff like weird masochists is hysterical to me. I increasingly am loving this comic.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (August 17, 1951)

Nancy (October 1, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (June 14, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (June 29, 1923)

Barney Google (June 30, 1922)

Alley Oop (September 29, 1933)

Lil' Abner (February 26, 1937)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
If anyone here was on the fence about Josh Fruhlinger's "The Enthusiast," pick it up. The denizens of this thread will love it.

And now, Modesty Blaise

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Octatonic posted:

So I know that 9CL is hardly the most racist thing that gets posted ITT regularly, but this storyline is pretty loving racist and this series of lovely silhouettes of a guy doing something that Brooke supposes to be some form of martial art is the thing that is going to make me say it, apparently.

It's kind of a foreskin dribble shake in the torrent of piss that is 9CL, but she's supposedly from Hong Kong yet uses the Mandarin term "ba" when the vast majority of Hong Kongnese would use the Cantonese "fa".

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Daduzi posted:

It's kind of a foreskin dribble shake in the torrent of piss that is 9CL, but she's supposedly from Hong Kong yet uses the Mandarin term "ba" when the vast majority of Hong Kongnese would use the Cantonese "fa".

I had wondered if there were something like that going on? Like, I mean, this is par for the course in 9CL, but everything just feels forced and wrong and awkward

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What I like is that every 9CL storyline goes on for what feels like ten years. This is rambling as much as the WWII grandmother plotline or whatever the gently caress that was.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Or there was also the interminable "Ghulk fucks a woman for her 'art'" and then demands to marry her because something something honor and everyone yearned for death

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OR7dgx37vI

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Mr. Yuan is going to be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

I really appreciate Bribery getting forced into the corner and having to peek around the new image of Patton.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

You know, it's probably a good thing that Toni constantly dumps Shannon off on other people.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Featuring a guest appearance by Chekhov's lifeboat.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Mr. Yuan is going to be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Bà? Is that chinese because that sounds a lot like vietnamese.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

His Divine Shadow posted:

Bà? Is that chinese because that sounds a lot like vietnamese.

Yes, he's going for "dad", but it's also got meanings in Vietnamese according to wiktionary.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Evil Mastermind posted:

There are comics we love, and comics we hate, and comics where we despise the person responsible for inflicting them on the world.

Compu-Toon, though, is about to join Apartment 3G in the kind of sad category of "comics where I'm kind of legitimately worried about the health of the person making them."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

He does, but it hasn't been updated since June and it looks like he doesn't comment on them.

Boyce is a good guy, even though his strip is weird and has a lot of bad noun-verb agreement and such issues a lot of the time. I got his Keypad Kid coloring book a few years back. I sent him an email just to ask how to get it, expecting to pay a couple bucks--at least to cover costs, and he replied just asking for my address, and then apparently made a envelope label, got the book out of a box, put it in an envelope, and paid to mail to to me, all just because I asked for it. I still have it I think. (It's where this av is from, actually--someone here gave it to me after I posted it.)

He's interesting to watch because I think he's really trying to help people deal with living in a world with technology constantly changing, but he doesn't understand it so well himself.

F-Minus presents Jim Henson's Tintin Babies

Mary Worth

Didn't know that about Vicodin.

Rex Morgan MD

OK so not the pregnant stripper. I think that storyline she's from was before my time following this strip.

Secret Agent X-9

"Be careful! That door will open towards you, so be sure to expect that! Turn the knob gently so as not to strain your wrist too!"

Apartment 3-G

Yes, another Miss Powers who is a schoolteacher and also has the first name LuAnn.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Didn't know that about Vicodin.
Even though it feels like it, i doubt he has been taking it for years or anywhere near long enough to matter beyond addiction.

Also "massive amounts" sounds silly. Several spoonfuls a day? Big plates of it? Using it as a cooking ingredient?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mary Worth is doing a pretty good job right now of reminding me that while the art has gotten interesting, it's still the same writing. Almost like an anti-A3G.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Poil posted:

Even though it feels like it, i doubt he has been taking it for years or anywhere near long enough to matter beyond addiction.

Also "massive amounts" sounds silly. Several spoonfuls a day? Big plates of it? Using it as a cooking ingredient?

That's the nasty part. The effective dose for acetaminophen/paracetamol is awfully close to the toxic dose, so it doesn't take much extra to get you in trouble.

Everybody's different, but my understanding is that just a few extra pills, or if you drink alcohol while taking even the prescribed dose, your liver can give out in a matter of days or weeks. One of my neighbors got in the habit of a glass of wine each night with his Tylenol for his bad back, and ended up needing a transplant.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Skippy (July 12, 1929)

Peanuts (September 12, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (October 21-22, 1929)

Thimble Theater (March 29, 1930)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set didn't even flush.

Working Daze is guest-written by Brooke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix gets political.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is guest-written by Brooke.

Why is she dressed in her yoga outfit at work, besides the obvious "man i really wanna draw a hot butt" reason?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

RolandTower posted:

Have you read the Kratom thread in TCC? It helps with opiate addiction because it's an addictive opiate. Kind of like opium, another herbal extract that quells opiate withdrawal.

I stand corrected. I will have to check the thread out then.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Adam Ames

Between Shots

Office Hours

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TofuDiva posted:

That's the nasty part. The effective dose for acetaminophen/paracetamol is awfully close to the toxic dose, so it doesn't take much extra to get you in trouble.

Everybody's different, but my understanding is that just a few extra pills, or if you drink alcohol while taking even the prescribed dose, your liver can give out in a matter of days or weeks. One of my neighbors got in the habit of a glass of wine each night with his Tylenol for his bad back, and ended up needing a transplant.

Too much acetaminophen actually the most common cause of liver failure in the United States.

It's some surprisingly dangerous poo poo for how easily you can just go and buy some.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Wait hold on did I miss something? What happened to the "Bull is missing let's go find him" thing?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait hold on did I miss something? What happened to the "Bull is missing let's go find him" thing?

When Les got Linda home, Bull showed up out of nowhere with no explanation and they kind of shrugged the whole thing off.

And then on Sunday they did a stupid football practice joke. Because y'know, "sensitive treatment of important social and educational issues".

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

B.C.

Vile?

Buni

Candorville

Diamond Lil

Frazz

WildeBill posted:

Ha ha. He said Pastis is slow.

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Heart of the City

Invisible Bread

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Tiggum posted:

B.C.

Vile?

Vial.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Henry

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Pickles

Poorly Drawn Lines

Reply All

Tiger

Ziggy

Zits

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (August 18, 1951)

Nancy (October 2, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (June 15, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (June 30, 1923)

Barney Google (July 1, 1922)

Alley Oop (September 30, 1933)

Lil' Abner (February 27, 1937)

ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

treasureplane posted:

Lil' Abner (February 27, 1937)

Is he taking off his shoe in the second panel? This comic is so bizarre!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Viivi & Wagner

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

You know, it's probably a good thing that Toni constantly dumps Shannon off on other people.

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
Hmm…..errands?
-
What does TJ need to take care of?

A) His weekly Pyromaniac Enthusiasts Club dues
B) His weekly guest stint on “Burn Notice”
C) His Campfire Scouts meeting
D) To pick up a new copy of “Wish You Were Here”, by Pink Floyd
E) To pose for the new “burned deal” cover for WYWH, commissioned by David Gilmour, who decided to tour the “Dehydrated Pink Floyd (-Waters)”
F) To refund some more people who attended his “Over -motivational Speaking Seminars”
G) To get another can of Nearly White colored paint
H) He had a long distance call….he had to walk a long distance to the pay phone to make a call, after Shannon accidentally smashed his cell and the land line

quote:

Texan At Heart said, 1 day ago
Quick, Toni! Turn back to Shannon before she gets hurt with the drill ! TJ sure was in a hurry to leave. Well he does have a business to run.
Brd, I’m from Houston by way of Fort Worth. Now we live in Arrowhead and Huntington Beach. If you’re ever in Long Beach, stop by Timmons Subaru and say Hi.

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
“Diamonds And Trust” (♬)
“To Sur-prise, With Love” (♬)
“A Hitch In Time, Staves ‘Nein!’ "
“No Present Like The Timely”
“The Lone Arranger”
“To Errand Is Human”
“Pool’s Out, For Summer” (♪)
“Taste Management”
“Engagement For The Emgaged”
“Process Of Elimination”
“The Rubber Stamp Meets the Road”
Or….
“Don’t Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth….Unless You’re A Dentist….And You Have A Mint For The Horse….”

quote:

Ottodesu said, about 23 hours ago
And thanks to all who responded to me recently.
I can’t be a regular with comments, but the Luann discussion pages have actually been very important to me (pulled me out of some dark places), and I have made some wonderful friendships.

I’ve recently come back, because I was pretty sure about the 9/11 Wedding, but I have been corrected, thank you Brdshtt and others.

Is dear Dazzle still around?

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago
“What a BIG Girl You are, Shannon! I’m so PROUD of You!! As a Reward I’m going to let You take that Mallet to School so You Conk Mean Little Boys, Who By LAW are NOT Allowed to Conk Back!” – Toni, just before realizing the Folly of always allowing Others to do whatever the HECK They Want.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 18 hours ago
@seismic-2
“We Don’t Get Enough Private Time.”
“…,Between our Jobs and Friends and Shannon.”
_____________________________________Brad and Toni’s Complaint in Panel One pretty much says it ALL.
Yet what do They Do? ‘Volunteer’ to Spend Even MORE Time with Shannon and no doubt later, allow a (GAG) ‘Friend’ (Smiley) to LIVE with Them.
Sheesh…..,

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

• Locked thread