Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Really? I can't just get a Logitech headset with a mic or Razer or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I mean yeah you can, but usually for the same price a $7 Logitech desk mic and dedicated headphones will get you better sound quality with the added bonus of your friends not having to listen to your heavy breathing/chip eating during a raid.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Well the game I play, you only get heard if you press capslock. I just like a minimal setup, I'd rather not have a mic and headphones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-headset/

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

colas posted:

Well the game I play, you only get heard if you press capslock. I just like a minimal setup, I'd rather not have a mic and headphones.

Just curious, why not?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

colas posted:

I use a Logitech H800, which has bluetooth or dongle. Crystal clear voice quality because it's made for businessy poo poo, the audio in the speakers is just fine, it folds up, and it's wireless with a microusb port for charging. It's everything I need. I've used much more expensive gaming poo poo but I prefer this due to the weight.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Just curious, why not?

Why not what?

I just don't want another thing on my little table that isn't even a full desk.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I have this. After several months of use, I've been pretty satisified with it. Good audio quality, and not as garish as some of the Logitech headsets. Build quality is a bit better too.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

I have this. After several months of use, I've been pretty satisified with it. Good audio quality, and not as garish as some of the Logitech headsets. Build quality is a bit better too.

Which one on the list?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

A good reddit post about gaming audio products

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Eh I have a modmic (used with audio-technica a700s) and people constantly complained the volume was way too low. had to boost the gain to maximum in the pc audio settings (+30 or something), which probably didn't do much for sound quality. OTOH I just bought a pair of game zeros from sennheiser and the mic works great at 0 gain

Admittedly I'm not in the habit of listening to recordings of myself so i have no idea how they actually sound relative to one another, just that the modmic seems to need a poo poo load of boost

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
My modmic works really well. I just position it fairly close to my mouth and I adjusted it in Windows until it sounded good.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

colas posted:

Which one on the list?

The first one, the Kingston.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also, the Kingston HyperX Cloud (god that is a stupid name) has a detachable mic for when you're not using it. It uses a standard 3.5mm jack so you can use it on any device.

If you decide you want it, don't opt for the Cloud 2. It's literally the exact same hardware but it comes with a chintzy USB sound card you can plug them into to get crappy emulated surround. You also might want to look for a pair of Takstar Pro 80 headphones - the HyperX is a rebrand of that model. Either might be cheaper where you are.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Anyone know where I can get dress socks that don't strangle my ankles? I have these marks on my legs after taking my socks off, and while I'm at works I can feel it suffocating my feet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How dress are we talking?
Gold Toe makes some okay ones for cheap but honestly the best socks I own are the dumb novelty ones from The Sock Guy and similar companies.

Plus you get to flash some fun colors and designs every now and then.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Buy black diabetic socks, they're more stretchy up top. Throw out anything with color.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Counterpoint:
Colorful socks are fantastic and a great way to break up the sea of boring business casual.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Yeah, I'm a teacher, so cute socks are acceptable, but I like to stick to navy, maybe with a few spots of color. I wear brown shoes, so I'm having a tough time finding diabetic socks in navy or not black or khaki which looks gross.

What does it say about me that I need diabetic socks? I'm not overweight, I am just on my feet all day. Clock in 25k+ steps a day according to my phone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So are your feet and ankles swelling?
Maybe you need some arch-support insoles.
I use SuperFeet and they are worth the price.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking for a paid todo app for Android. And when I say paid, I mean I pay for it once, no subscription nonsense. Free would be great, but I'm guessing I won't find anything free without ads. The only features I want are sublists and the ability to add it as a widget on my home screen so my tasks are staring me in the face all the time.

Any suggestions?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Scott Justice posted:

Yeah, I'm a teacher, so cute socks are acceptable, but I like to stick to navy, maybe with a few spots of color. I wear brown shoes, so I'm having a tough time finding diabetic socks in navy or not black or khaki which looks gross.

What does it say about me that I need diabetic socks? I'm not overweight, I am just on my feet all day. Clock in 25k+ steps a day according to my phone.

What you are looking for are what is called compression socks / stockings.

edit: nevermind, thinking of something else. But if you are on your feet all day you really should get some compression socks to keep those varicose veins away!

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Danger Mahoney posted:

I'm looking for a paid todo app for Android. And when I say paid, I mean I pay for it once, no subscription nonsense. Free would be great, but I'm guessing I won't find anything free without ads. The only features I want are sublists and the ability to add it as a widget on my home screen so my tasks are staring me in the face all the time.

Any suggestions?

Here's your thread but:

I don't remember if Wunderlist is paid or not but it's fantastic. Has a nice web portal, too.

I use for lots of stuff - grocery lists, to do lists, people that owe me money, etc.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Darn Tough are the best socks I've ever owned and the only socks I'll buy anymore. I was a SmartWool fan for a bit but their quality fell off a couple years ago. Darn Tough are fairly expensive but 1) Merino wool so good moisture wicking and cool in the summer/warm in the winter and also anti-microbial/stink and fast drying 2) just the right amount of compression so they don't fall down nor strangle your legs 3) no or "invisible" seams so they don't rub you raw 4) unconditional lifetime guarantee 5) made in US.

I wear the Warlocks or the Standard Issue to work every day and love them.

Also, massdrop.com runs fairly regular sales on 3-packs and they have a drop for work socks going now (I think the Work Socks are more heavily padded and are more for manly men with outside jobs though, their "Lifestyle" socks are thinner and more for desk jobs).

If anyone's curious, ExOfficio Give and Go boxer briefs are the equivalently awesome underwear.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lawen posted:

Darn Tough are the best socks I've ever owned and the only socks I'll buy anymore. I was a SmartWool fan for a bit but their quality fell off a couple years ago. Darn Tough are fairly expensive but 1) Merino wool so good moisture wicking and cool in the summer/warm in the winter and also anti-microbial/stink and fast drying 2) just the right amount of compression so they don't fall down nor strangle your legs 3) no or "invisible" seams so they don't rub you raw 4) unconditional lifetime guarantee 5) made in US.

I wear the Warlocks or the Standard Issue to work every day and love them.

Also, massdrop.com runs fairly regular sales on 3-packs and they have a drop for work socks going now (I think the Work Socks are more heavily padded and are more for manly men with outside jobs though, their "Lifestyle" socks are thinner and more for desk jobs).

If anyone's curious, ExOfficio Give and Go boxer briefs are the equivalently awesome underwear.

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these recommendations

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Lawen posted:

You should try Uniqlo's airism underwear, I like it a lot more than ExOfficio's Give and Go stuff.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Seconding Darn Tough socks. They're all I wear now.

and I do mean all :wink:

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Anyone try them "me undies" that are always advertised on podcasts? I'm usually fine with the $15 three-pack at H&M but I could stand to upgrade items that I have on me almost all day every day.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

.Z. posted:

You should try Uniqlo's airism underwear, I like it a lot more than ExOfficio's Give and Go stuff.

I have like 12 pairs of Ex Officios and they're all still in great condition but I'll try the Uniqlo next time I buy some. I've heard good things about the Duluth Buck Naked stuff too but haven't tried those either. I really have no complaints about the EC Officios though, what do you like better about the Uniqlo?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Lawen posted:

I have like 12 pairs of Ex Officios and they're all still in great condition but I'll try the Uniqlo next time I buy some. I've heard good things about the Duluth Buck Naked stuff too but haven't tried those either. I really have no complaints about the EC Officios though, what do you like better about the Uniqlo?

I found the airism stuff to be more comfortable. The waistband was more comfortable and I like the smooth fabric vs the mesh of ex officio. That said, ex officio is supposed wick/dry faster as it's spandex/nylon vs airism spandex/polyester. But I can't say I've really noticed a difference.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have a couple Ex Officio boxer briefs and I don't really like them. My main complaint is that they aren't compression. They kinda hang like normal boxers.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

life is a joke posted:

Anyone try them "me undies" that are always advertised on podcasts? I'm usually fine with the $15 three-pack at H&M but I could stand to upgrade items that I have on me almost all day every day.

I bought these and unlike the ExOfficio pair I tried they do not have maddeningly itchy seams. Very comfortable and fit a skinny dude like me quite well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

life is a joke posted:

They are stupidly soft and don't ride up at all.
My biggest complaint would be that, as a dude, the boxer briefs want to separate my junk from my legs so badly that they end up pushing the mess forward and gives me a prominent buldge.

"But Inzombiac, that exactly what I want because I'm always trying to attract a mate!"
Good for you. I'm happily involved and would rather not have people staring at my exceptionally average twig and berries that have been tarted up like French dancer just before the war.

Under Armor makes something very similar and I prefer them a tiny bit more.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I shill out me undies whenever possible. Love them.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

And for lady goons, there's Wacoal, Knockout, and Cacique. (If you need gym panties, try Knockout. They're great.)

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

They are stupidly soft and don't ride up at all.
My biggest complaint would be that, as a dude, the boxer briefs want to separate my junk from my legs so badly that they end up pushing the mess forward and gives me a prominent buldge.

"But Inzombiac, that exactly what I want because I'm always trying to attract a mate!"
Good for you. I'm happily involved and would rather not have people staring at my exceptionally average twig and berries that have been tarted up like French dancer just before the war.

Under Armor makes something very similar and I prefer them a tiny bit more.

haha i *litchrally* was about to ask a bulge question but I guess ~im shy~ even on forums, and couldn't think of a proper way to ask for boxer briefs that don't create that effect. Some different sports and workout gear holds everything in check a little better but I don't like wearing those all day, even if they start off comfortable they never last that way. I only wear slacks like once a week so just one super awesome but expensive pair that makes my dumb dick less noticable would be worth it. I size up my pants a little but billowy pants ruin the whole look. It seems like so far yall like the me undies but the bulge thing makes me anxious. I can't believe I am typing this.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

MeUndies make butt and dick look good just get them

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SaltLick posted:

MeUndies make butt and dick look good just get them

Truth. The Under Armor ones are more relaxed but it's all a matter of taste.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Just dropped 20 on the me undies I'll post a dick pic when they get here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Meundies have no dickhole but they are comfy. I like these Tommy John boxer briefs too, with the horizontal dickhole technology.