Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
he also said that he loves mineta because he's the same way lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too enjoy titties and butts and I think I've liked Mineta more as of late because the dub gave him a super goofy lisp and it's really funny

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

mineta is good in the same way as a car crash you cant help but watch

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mineta is great solely because you always get some dude in the thread virtue signalling about him every time he shows.

and his name... is aurian

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dreggon posted:

mineta is good in the same way as a car crash you cant help but watch

This.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mineta is great solely because you always get some dude in the thread virtue signalling about him every time he shows.

Oh man, if there was ever an awful internet phrase in need of a word filter...

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Lol if you've never seen a butt you wanted to put your face between

Content: It does get a bit old reading the same complaints about the pervert character in any chapter he's prominent in. At least this time around it's a teenaged boy and not a lecherous old man we're supposed to laugh at.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The best thing about Grape-boy is that he's all talk.

Remember when he fought Midnight? She was also doing the creepy pervert thing and he could not handle it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

bootleg robot posted:

I've spent years getting my head out of my rear end so i'm not gonna put it anywhere near one again

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mineta is alright but needs something beyond being a pervert, bluster though it may be.

Also his costume sucks.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh man, if there was ever an awful internet phrase in need of a word filter...

Word filters are insanely unfunny and we don't need more.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

chumbler posted:

Also his costume sucks.

this is just wrong

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

does All Might virtue signal? I don't like that phrase because it makes it sound like virtue is bad.

Mineta is a hero after all. The hero that speaks truth about butts.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Virtue Signaling is basically a fancier version of the old 4chan "moralfag" insult.

don't use it

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Space-Bird posted:

does All Might virtue signal? I don't like that phrase because it makes it sound like virtue is bad.

Mineta is a hero after all. The hero that speaks truth about butts.

The great thing about it is that people who use it unironically are doing so in order to call attention to their own virtuous non-political-correctness. It's the ultimate in hypocritical insults; it's impossible to use it without doing it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Virtue Signaling is basically a fancier version of the old 4chan "moralfag" insult.

don't use it

Yeah, it's basically saying that since nobody can truly care about things, any attempt to raise an objection to something on moral grounds (or anything tangentially related to moral grounds) is just a way to signal to everyone else that you're a good person.

Like, there may hypothetically be the occasional case where that sort of thing does happen, but the phrase and its usage is generally indicative of a really warped worldview.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like Mineta but only because the rest of the cast shits on him endlessly.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I mean I just don't think he's funny most of the time.

Gotten better lately though. There's actually punchlines to some of his gags now beyond simply "he's a perv! isn't that hilarious?"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ppl really mad about there being an Internet word for people who want to impress everyone with their super good opinions no one asked for

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

I mean I just don't think he's funny most of the time.

Gotten better lately though. There's actually punchlines to some of his gags now beyond simply "he's a perv! isn't that hilarious?"

the perversion is funnier than the lechery, is the thing. mineta staring at somebody's boobs isn't funny, but mineta's special signature move being oversize anal beads is hilarious

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, it's basically saying that since nobody can truly care about things, any attempt to raise an objection to something on moral grounds (or anything tangentially related to moral grounds) is just a way to signal to everyone else that you're a good person.

Like, there may hypothetically be the occasional case where that sort of thing does happen, but the phrase and its usage is generally indicative of a really warped worldview.

So the reasonable thing is to create a word filter and prevent people from defaming with you with words.

Constantly objecting to the actions of fictional characters in an SA thread literally has no point. No one involved with the manga will see it and it constantly drags down the discussion into people's personal issues.

To me it hardly seems like hypothetical thing. Televangelists were rightly criticized for it in their heyday and with the advent internet giving everyone a public platform, we now are inundated with amateurs of the craft. Hell, it's something Jesus admonished if I remember right, so it's been around for a while.

Jorenko posted:

The great thing about it is that people who use it unironically are doing so in order to call attention to their own virtuous non-political-correctness. It's the ultimate in hypocritical insults; it's impossible to use it without doing it.

Hilary Clinton's line about "super predators" has been called virtue signaling. Are people wrong to criticize it?

LostRook fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 9, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Baal posted:

I too enjoy titties and butts and I think I've liked Mineta more as of late because the dub gave him a super goofy lisp and it's really funny

Oh my god. I have always imagined him talking with a goofy lisp. They must've read my mind. That's just great!!

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
let's assign just one person to make the obligatory "mineta's a perv and that's bad" post ITT after each chapter he's in

brilliant solution to the debate on my part, no need to thank me

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mineta should have been voiced by Antonio Banderas, whose name I am not sure I spelled correctly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Using the words "Virtue Signalling" is a sure sign of being a douchebag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
If Mineta bothers you so much, don't read the manga or complain to the mangaka. Complaining here does no good.

I don't remember there being a masked tape man. So many characters to keep track of.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Kuros posted:

If Mineta bothers you so much, don't read the manga or complain to the mangaka. Complaining here does no good.

I don't remember there being a masked tape man. So many characters to keep track of.

Yeah, fuckin stick it to those people who are posting here about Mineta in order to convince the mangaka to get rid of the character. That's definitely why they're doing it. And by doing it on a public forum that more people than just Horikoshi can see, they get to virtue signal at the same time. Mineta complainers probably think they're so slick, but you have their drat number

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsieurChoc posted:

Using the words "Virtue Signalling" is a sure sign of being a douchebag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A

That dude is a mentally ill loser. Why even spend your time on that

I don't think much about Mineta since he kinda just reminds us he exists off and on

E: now that I think about it, wasn't the last time he got actual character development back during the semester finals?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 10, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please talk about something less terrible, like noted rad kid Ashido Mina

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Ashido Mina is rad as h*ck

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
heh, look how dopy Ashido Mina looked in her first panel (Ch 6)

It's funny looking back now how low-key most of the students were introduced, like they would just be background characters

Now they're rad

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

Please talk about something less terrible

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Aizawa is wearing sweatpants in the color spread :ssh:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Please talk about something less terrible, like noted rad kid Ashido Mina

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

It's funny looking back now how low-key most of the students were introduced, like they would just be background characters

Now they're rad

Except for ~*I'm Always Sparkling*~

He looks pretty cool there.

Not as cool as Mina.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really hope that the two outs gets you a win rules means that the next few chapters are just Deku leading a revolving door squad of Class A classmates to victory. Seems pretty obvious he's going to be the last person to pass after all.

bootleg robot posted:

No, it's a tragic thing to have never seen an rear end that makes you say drat! Just a sight so beautiful that you immediately give money to a charity for the blind out of guilt. To have never seen something like that? Why I'm not sure I can even ruefully smile at that, let alone laugh. Gonna have to listen to Rump Shaker a few times and follow it up with some Baby Got Back to feel better.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 10, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Where do i vote for my favorite characters it is time for that twerpy kid from the woods arc to finally get his due

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Now they're rad

Thanks for reminding me Navel Laser guy exists because I've genuinely forgotten he's in the class.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Shinjobi posted:

Where do i vote for my favorite characters it is time for that twerpy kid from the woods arc to finally get his due

Who's gonna vote for Boruto's Duel Disk?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I was going to post about how Deku is rocking cool gloves to match with his cool shoes, but then I realized that he's wearing them to cover up his horribly mangled hands and made myself sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thank you for moving past Mineta.

Please do not revisit Mineta unless you have something to add beyond complaining about him or complaining about complaining about him.

Thank you.