Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
is this the car phone thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

nokia phones never exploded

this was my last nokia

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

the guy would look like a shitheel even without the shitpods

So, an Apple user

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Nio used a Nokia

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Flesh Forge posted:

Nio used a Nokia

"whew" - Nio, in the Matrox

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember in Ocean's 13 they made a big deal about that gold Samsung phone :lol: way to date yourself movie

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegetable posted:

nokia phones never exploded

its goatse

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

It's time to bring back the n-gage

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also are we talking about nokias because those ruled

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

also are we talking about nokias because those ruled

RIP Nokia

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I love Apple stuff, but the AirPods are ridiculous. Watch them make even more from selling a tether so people don't lose their $160 gadget.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gaunab posted:

It's time to bring back the n-gage

This.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I would let this man use my mouth as a toilet, coming away looking like i tried to shave my face with beef stroganov

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I would let this man use my mouth as a toilet, coming away looking like i tried to shave my face with beef stroganov

lol

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
birds are gonna be plucking these things out of ppls plump, over-ripe heads and choking their babies to death with 'em

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

canpakes posted:

The lightening port is a superior charging jack, which can be had for the same price as android cords (LOL @ "miniusb). It's also so common that anywhere people gather someone is bound to have a lightening charger. They're much more common than mini usbs outside of the computer jobs.

The "headphone jack" hasn't been replaced by the lightening port. It's been replaced by Bluetooth. The lightening earphone jack is a temporary holdover until Bluetooth headphones become the new standard.

sorry but you must be stupid as gently caress or something bc the iPhone cables cost like $15-20 and I can get a miniusb for a dollar

canpakes posted:

1. Apple didn't make a "proprietary headphone jack."

2. They removed a garbage "standard" that dates back the mid 1800s.wireless headphones are the new standard now because Apple said so (and this is good)

3. Trashphones (non Apple phones) will follow suit within a couple years.

4. You can still listen to headphones while charging you dipshits, Just not with your fail tangled corded gaming headphones

2. you're retarded
3. actually Apple is not the first to do this idiot lmao Apple is not innovative ever
4. sure just buy a separate dongle for it

in conclusion

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Moridin920 posted:

Donglegate

In an alternate history this pic is slide 17 in some poor slob engineer's deck, and when it comes up, Steve looks at it and what happens next cannot be described.

Wait, this isn't the Lovecraft thread, sorry.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Time to change the time-tested standard because it is bad and totally not because Apple owns the biggest bluetooth headphones company in the world.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress your gay "standards", idiot.

-Tim Cook

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If Steve Jobs were around to see those dongles or earbuds that look like all but two inches of cable were snipped off he would have taken a smoothie filled poop down some engineer's throat

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
idgi why did apple need to make their bad air buds look like their ear pods with the wires cut off, I've had like three different bluetooth headsets that didn't need a ridiculous penis hanging off the bottom to work. They also had little clips to hold them in your ears, and wires to connect them so if (when) one fell out you wouldn't immediately lose it and need to buy a new set.

Also big phones own, I had a nexus 6, and now I have a nexus 6p, they both rule. I have a nexus 7 too, and if it was a phone I would totally cram it into my pants and walk around with it and hold it against my face like a big plate that I talk into like a bad 1980s sci fi movie where videophones are still a great idea

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also android is finally at the point where 1) they're making it a huge pain in the rear end to root it and 2) I don't feel the need to do it anymore, why can't all these dummies just get on board. I use an iPhone for work, and I'd drop it in the toilet next chance I got if they told us they were replacing them with android phones

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

My Nexus 6P lasts for 2 days on a charge and goes from redlined to full in like 25 mins lol. The future Owns.

yeah it rules, i don't have to lug around an external battery anymore. also great that usb-c is multidirectional and it doesn't keep slipping out

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Even if they were lovely chinese kitkat phones, at least they have a back button and little ports that you can magically plug 99.99% of the headphones on the planet into

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wireless earbuds are so going to get one of them lost

lookin forward to buying new earbuds and having two right ear ones and one left one

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Madcosby posted:

wireless earbuds are so going to get one of them lost

lookin forward to buying new earbuds and having two right ear ones and one left one

Ok got my new ear buds and I'm ready for my trans Atlantic flight... Ok I'm not even out of the US and they've already died after 5 hours so let me take them out to charge and I guess I can read the loving in-flight magazine for an hour and...ah poo poo I dropped one on the ground where the gently caress did it go well let me just use the airline headphones aw poo poo I left my dongle at home fml

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 10, 2016

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I wish Google would commission a nexus 15 phone I would strap it to my back

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

canpakes posted:

1. Apple didn't make a "proprietary headphone jack."

2. They removed a garbage "standard" that dates back the mid 1800s.wireless headphones are the new standard now because Apple said so (and this is good)

4. You can still listen to headphones while charging you dipshits, Just not with your fail tangled corded gaming headphones

We get it. You vape.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

WhyteRyce posted:

Ok got my new ear buds and I'm ready for my trans Atlantic flight... Ok I'm not even out of the US and they've already died after 5 hours so let me take them out to charge and I guess I can read the loving in-flight magazine for an hour and...ah poo poo I dropped one on the ground where the gently caress did it go well let me just use the airline headphones aw poo poo I left my dongle at home fml

there's an app for that :smuggo:

Sagan
Jan 26, 2005

Fun Shoe

canpakes posted:

lol if you think Apple was the first to ditch the headphone jack in their smartphones.

Apple, as it has been for years; is still playing catch-up with the features/tech in existing Android phones. They're the ones following suit, not the other way around. Hell, even Windows Phones have been ahead of iPhones for years.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If my old Windows phone had any apps,I would have never abandoned it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sagan posted:

lol if you think Apple was the first to ditch the headphone jack in their smartphones.

Apple, as it has been for years; is still playing catch-up with the features/tech in existing Android phones. They're the ones following suit, not the other way around. Hell, even Windows Phones have been ahead of iPhones for years.

My last WP phone was garbage and even it had features the iPhone 7 doesn't have, like an idle-screen display, wireless charging, NFC, oh yeah and a headphone jack

Hell, WP7 phones had automatic wireless music syncing that Just Worked before they broke the music experience for WP8

e: oh yeah and doubletap to wake

ElGroucho posted:

If my old Windows phone had any apps,I would have never abandoned it

:same:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 10, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol'ing at the guy who loves SD cards so much in tyool 2016. hey bud,
2005 callin it wants its sandisk back. He thinks he left some really good eminem mp3s on there.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Apple Jacks Headphones Off

wait

Tim Cook Jacks Off

no

Jacks Off For Apple's Tim Cook

no

goddamnit.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Lol'ing at the guy who loves SD cards so much in tyool 2016. hey bud,
2005 callin it wants its sandisk back. He thinks he left some really good eminem mp3s on there.

MicroSD cards in phones are a great way to add more storage without paying twice as much for a higher tier of iPhone which includes more storage and nothing else

And they're reusable from phone to phone too!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive never run out of storage on any of my phones ever :shrug: especially now that everything is streaming what the hell do you need to use so much physical storage for unless you use tons of gay apps

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

thathonkey posted:

ive never run out of storage on any of my phones ever :shrug: especially now that everything is streaming what the hell do you need to use so much physical storage for unless you use tons of gay apps

I have a huge MP3 file collection because I really like to have some sort of ownership over my music and also I don't want to stream tons of data over cellular for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

thathonkey posted:

It doesn't even matter what for. Extrapolating from a lack of a need on your end to a universal lack of said need is unnecessarily narrow-minded.

• Locked thread