Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

fadam posted:

I'm pretty new to PoE. I have a six link red hammer, what should I be using for my support gems for EQ? Right now I'm EQ, physical damage, elemental damage, less duration, and added fire.

Increased Area of Effect, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

fadam posted:

I'm pretty new to PoE. I have a six link red hammer, what should I be using for my support gems for EQ? Right now I'm EQ, physical damage, elemental damage, less duration, and added fire.

Fortify

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kild posted:

Fortify

I'm champion already :(

Shinino Kage posted:

Increased Area of Effect, perhaps?

Does this stack with the one from Marohi Erqui?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

fadam posted:

I'm champion already :(

Does this stack with the one from Marohi Erqui?

it doesn't.

Life Leech or LGOH or Conc Effect.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

Rapid decay, less duration. Tooltip will go down but its faster.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So literally the first boss I killed in this game gave me a Tabula Rasa (normal mode, essence league). I guess I'm off to a strong start in my PoE career.

Also, could use an invite.

IGN: GustavLine

(traded in my archer for a holy priest dude since his voice actor is way more entertaining than the ranger chicks.)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Sep 10, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I wonder if someone could tell me anything what I am doing wrong: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sonya_Wins/characters (Arcsorcs)

Also, please, please invite to the guild.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

So literally the first boss I killed in this game gave me a Tabula Rasa (normal mode, essence league). I guess I'm off to a strong start in my PoE career.

Also, could use an invite.

IGN: GustavLine

(traded in my archer for a holy priest dude since his voice actor is way more entertaining than the ranger chicks.)

Oh, wow. That item would make leveling characters so much easier.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Sillybones posted:

I wonder if someone could tell me anything what I am doing wrong: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Sonya_Wins/characters (Arcsorcs)

Also, please, please invite to the guild.

1. Item Rarity/Added Chaos seem like odd choices. I could see Chaos being good if you can deliver a bunch of it and had Poison (either through gem or Consuming Dark), but Arc isn't exactly a fast skill, Spell Echo not withstanding. Item Rarity I'd definitely drop; that's a luxury gem. Go Increased Critical Strikes/Lightning Penetration.
2. Are you capped on resistances? Even with what you've got from the tree, your gear makes me think not. I'd fix that ASAP.
3. You're life based but your only non-ES gear provides a little bit of Evasion. I'm guessing you get one shot quite a bit.
4. Get that Lightning Warp setup in a 4L with Faster Casting.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 10, 2016

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

1. Item Rarity/Added Chaos seem like odd choices. I could see Chaos being good if you can deliver a bunch of it and had Poison (either through gem or Consuming Dark), but Arc isn't exactly a fast skill, Spell Echo not withstanding. Item Rarity I'd definitely drop; that's a luxury gem. Go Increased Critical Strikes/Lightning Penetration.
2. Are you capped on resistances? Even with what you've got from the tree, your gear makes me think not. I'd fix that ASAP.
3. You're life based but your only non-ES gear provides a little bit of Evasion. I'm guessing you get one shot quite a bit.
4. Get that Lightning Warp setup in a 4L with Faster Casting.

My damage seems to boost a lot with the chaos over others. I use lightning pen on bosses, though. I will do more tests
No. Still building it up. I am bad at this.
So build up evasion? I thought maybe that was just for dex characters. Got plenty of gear to do that lying about.
Does it really make much of a difference? It seems almost instant as it is.

Oh, and should I switch over to something like my daggers on the second weapons? I just don't know.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Shinino Kage posted:

Wonder how HC viable it is.

i only died a few times to labyrinth traps because i was in a hurry and cant see poo poo in that place

one time my lightning warp didnt drop me where i targeted it and i got chunked by two saw traps hitting me at the same time

firestorm super safe

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 10, 2016

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Could use guild invite on Fewd, please.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

fadam posted:

If you're dead set on staying 6r for some reason, you could throw lgoh or life leech on there. Otherwise, depending on build, poison, Inc AoE, conc effect (for bosses) or faster attacks works. The rest of your supports are fine.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The last two pages of guild invites should be all caught up. If someone got missed please say so.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Good timing, I could use an invite on CiaphasSA_ArcT. Thanks!

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Ranger dialogue is hilarious because it's all either about how much she loves animals, or how much she hates men. Witch definitely has the best dialogue though, I get bored with Templar talking about how much he loves god.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
As much as a lot of the dialogue is annoying, you gotta admit, they did good with the voice actors in this game. None of them loving suck. That and they've probably tripled the script for each character over the years, same VOs and all. And they've completely re-done the Scion like 3 times at this point. When last I played, the Scion gal was doing a 10, they had her re-do her dialogue at a 3.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Katasi posted:

Ranger dialogue is hilarious because it's all either about how much she loves animals, or how much she hates men. Witch definitely has the best dialogue though, I get bored with Templar talking about how much he loves god.

It's the accent more than the banter. I love me some New Zealander / Nordic accents.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Katasi posted:

One thing I find odd considering her other man hating dialogue, is how she calls Fairgraves a good man caught in a bad situation.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Did they remove the ghosts in Merveil's Caverns of * that indicate the Ranger is definitely gay?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I hate hate hate the labyrinth VO. I wish I could disable them more than anything. Second place goes to the guy in act 2 who keeps telling you to go gently caress yourself.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Greust or whatever? I like him. WAAAAAAAT~

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Katasi posted:

Just don't, whatever you do, play Scion.

edit: oh wait did they make her less bad? When I last played it was convoluted homilies every five minutes, both worse and way more of it then any other character

edit2: if you play Duelist Piety spends the whole game hitting on you

Zephro fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Sep 10, 2016

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I like the Duelist. He's just havin' fun, picking fights. Piety is aroused by his rear end, and who wouldn't be?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Sillybones posted:

I hate hate hate the labyrinth VO.

WherEVer there's a sil-ver keeeeey, there MUST be a sil-ver dooooor :smug:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I won't hear anything negative about the wonderful labyrinth VO, except that it might get repetitive on multiple runs to get a dumb enchantment.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

regulargonzalez posted:

If you're dead set on staying 6r for some reason, you could throw lgoh or life leech on there. Otherwise, depending on build, poison, Inc AoE, conc effect (for bosses) or faster attacks works. The rest of your supports are fine.

The only thing I would like more than 6 red is 5 red and a green and I don't have enough chromatic orbs to try for that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

fadam posted:

The only thing I would like more than 6 red is 5 red and a green and I don't have enough chromatic orbs to try for that.

In all honesty, 5R1G is probably not all that difficult to get. At 13:1 Chroms to Chaos, that's not too expensive an investment considering you already got the 6L

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Jungle valley gave me 2 diviner box in a row.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sillybones posted:

I hate hate hate the labyrinth VO. I wish I could disable them more than anything. Second place goes to the guy in act 2 who keeps telling you to go gently caress yourself.

An aspirant makes mere shitposts, an Emperor stands above, and posts sincere.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What would be a good item filter for someone new?
Something that would hide all the crap and highlight all the good poo poo without me having to mess with it.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Shadow VO 10/10. Would level again.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Nothing will ever beat "The touch... of GOD!" and "Shrink not from God!" for me.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

What would be a good item filter for someone new?
Something that would hide all the crap and highlight all the good poo poo without me having to mess with it.

Use NeverSink's filter (normal version filter)

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
To make up for it, I love all the kiwi accents. Not something you hear in any games, I think.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Could I get a guild invite for JeanLeFlambeau.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Sillybones posted:

To make up for it, I love all the kiwi accents. Not something you hear in any games, I think.

As a kiwi I love all the kiwiana in the game like Paua Amulets and the whole Karui being not-Maori instead of the usual not-French, not-Italian not-[insert nationality/ethnicity here] races you get in most fantasy games. Also I get the feeling that Wraeclast = Australia - a huge hostile continent where everything wants to kill you.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wafflecopper posted:

As a kiwi I love all the kiwiana in the game like Paua Amulets and the whole Karui being not-Maori instead of the usual not-French, not-Italian not-[insert nationality/ethnicity here] races you get in most fantasy games. Also I get the feeling that Wraeclast = Australia - a huge hostile continent where everything wants to kill you.

They make fun of Australia in numerous map descriptions too. "An impromptu prison, now a dry wasteland" etc

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Maori mythology is a nice and refreshing change from traditional fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
guild invite for Ivybeanz please.

• Locked thread