Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
I've heard of consistent daily snorlaxes at a parking lot for a safeway, which has a pharmacy in it too. anecdotally confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Eyochigan posted:

I've heard of consistent daily snorlaxes at a parking lot for a safeway, which has a pharmacy in it too. anecdotally confirmed.

Interesting. Would like to hear if anyone else has some anecdotes!

Also, just caught another one, 1042 cp what the gently caress. It's raining low CP snorlax. Nowhere near a pharmacy this time. Make that three in the past 24 hours.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

zeldadude posted:

I have never visited a Safeway, nor do I frequent Pharmacies. I also have never seen a Snorlax. Coincidence?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dahbadu posted:

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

I've been using this one. With the latest version it works great.

I'm struggling to get this to work. I got an API key and everything, but when I hit start server it flashes the map for a split second then i get "Something went wrong, check javascript console for technical details". Buuut I don't know poo poo about javascript so that's useless to me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AirRaid posted:

I'm struggling to get this to work. I got an API key and everything, but when I hit start server it flashes the map for a split second then i get "Something went wrong, check javascript console for technical details". Buuut I don't know poo poo about javascript so that's useless to me.

I get that every time but then I close the error popup and it works fine.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It's not a popup though.

It's the whole window, no way to "close" it.

Only thing i can think is that I generated the API key wrong or something. The instructions on how to get it don't quite match up with the google interface any more but I got a key from it.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Eyochigan posted:

To play Devil's advocate, that Safeway has been closed for months so.....

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

AirRaid posted:

It's not a popup though.

It's the whole window, no way to "close" it.

Only thing i can think is that I generated the API key wrong or something. The instructions on how to get it don't quite match up with the google interface any more but I got a key from it.

Go into the Google developer console for your project and search for the Java api and make sure it's enabled

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

zeldadude posted:

The only time I have ever seen a Snorlax in the wild (on my google throw away while PTC was down in the beginning) was in a Kroger Parking lot. Which coincidentally has a drive thru pharmacy.

Although I also remember that chart from one of the first few days where someone posted a list of what 'area' spawns what. And Normals were super high percentage for "parking lot"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The charmander hot spot around here is in a huge parking lot. It's funny to see little groups walking back and forth, crisscrossing the empty lot.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Boywunda posted:

Was it bought by Hanigan's, stayed in business for a month and then they shut everything down?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

zeldadude posted:

Also, just caught another one, 1042 cp what the gently caress. It's raining low CP snorlax. Nowhere near a pharmacy this time. Make that three in the past 24 hours.

I walk to a Kroger like a mile away for my shopping. It's got a pharmacy. It's surrounded by 3 gyms. Never seen a wild Snorlax in my life.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Go into the Google developer console for your project and search for the Java api and make sure it's enabled

Got it working now, pretty sure it was my fault. :downs:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

zeldadude posted:

Spawns round my town in the UK are the same as they've always been since the start of July. I've never seen a wild Snorlax.

I've also never seen a wild Charmander, Ekans Pikachu, Sandshrew, Clefairy, Diglett, Growlithe, Abra, Machop, Ponyta, Doduo, Onix, Exeggcute, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansea, Tangela, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl or Dratini.

Meanwhile I'm catching 40-50 Drowsies a day sitting at work, so I've an army of 90%+ IV Hypnos with optimum movesets waiting for trading to become a thing.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Spawns round my town in the UK are the same as they've always been since the start of July. I've never seen a wild Snorlax.

I've also never seen a wild Charmander, Ekans Pikachu, Sandshrew, Clefairy, Diglett, Growlithe, Abra, Machop, Ponyta, Doduo, Onix, Exeggcute, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansea, Tangela, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl or Dratini.

Meanwhile I'm catching 40-50 Drowsies a day sitting at work, so I've an army of 90%+ IV Hypnos with optimum movesets waiting for trading to become a thing.

I've seen a spike in Drowzee spawns recently near me. There's a ton of them everywhere. Useless bastards. Only good thing is it means a bunch of mediocre Hypnos sat on gyms which I can knock down pretty easily.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Caught 2 Grimers today, increase in rare spawns confirmed.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Sounds exactly like me up until maybe 3-4 days ago, seriously. Don't worry, your time will come!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Release notes for the next update: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-091016/

So will you be able to change your buddy Pokemon or is the idea that you can make it super powerful

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I got all 142 of my Pokémon today... Feel pretty good

2DCAT fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 10, 2016

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I haven't seen a Drowzee in about a month.

2DCAT posted:

Congrats!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i live in a parking lot and have never seen a snorlax becuase I don't have a smartphone

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

2DCAT posted:

Grats man!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
I noticed this morning in Google Maps (Android) I have 'Catching Pokémon' as a travel type.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

chemosh6969 posted:

Was it bought by Hanigan's, stayed in business for a month and then they shut everything down?

This is up in Canada. It was bought by Sobey's and they shut down a number of Safeways.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Just evolved an Alakazam. Got Psycho Cut and... Dazzling Gleam. :smith:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dahbadu posted:

Just evolved an Alakazam. Got Psycho Cut and... Dazzling Gleam. :smith:

My first one has that too. :(

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Halfway to 1000km. Shoutouts to all the worms and Pidgeys that made this possible.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

Niantic posted:

Improved performance reliability when a device switches networks to no longer cause the application to hang or stop updating.

Oh my god I had this bug like 3 times last night. The worst was when I ran for a jigglypuff, app froze (didn't even error, just whiteballed) and I had to restart the app. Came back and it was a zubat.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was at EPCOT yesterday, and saw that the Mexico pavilion is a gym. It was red, so I tapped on it to see what I could see, and found there was a spot. I put my Flareon in there, then immediatly grabbed my 10 free PokéCoins.

I also caught a Charmander, a Psyduck, and more copies of ones I already have, and hit a lot of Pokéstops there and at Magic Kingdom. It was a good day.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

Boywunda posted:

Oh darn. Maybe the Pokemon Go team/computer thinks the safeway is still there. Is it an empty building or a sobeys now or what?

Also I've been looking for cluster spawns, I may have just found the motherlode. I haven't seen anything like it in the city, Deacon's Corner on the tranny highway had 3 weedles/3rattata/1horsea, and 10 minutes later I see 3 pidgey, 3 weedle 2 rattata 1 horsea, all in one scan radius, and a jiggly and eevee nearby. I think I'll check it out today. https://pokestumble.com/#49.82075,-96.93432,19z

edit: quote != edit

edit2: this location is an A&W/gas station/truck stop, and across from it is a motel. "rural" area.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 10, 2016

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I had no less than five Magikarp on the screen at once earlier today on my walk down by the creek near where I live. Just a creek overrun with gasping, flapping orange fish. Naturally I caught them all so there'd be room for more later!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Caught an aerodactyl at the front of my apartment complex today. Had never seen on in the wild before.

Still weaker than the one I hatched 6 levels ago.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

BUDDY SYSTEM, BUDDY! BUDDY SYSTEM!

they also give xp, magikarp gives 500xp. maybe the others give more?

KM list, 1, 3, 5km https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/524kzl/buddykms_list/

still waiting on the update here.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 10, 2016

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Eyochigan posted:

BUDDY SYSTEM, BUDDY! BUDDY SYSTEM!

they also give xp, magikarp gives 500xp. maybe the others give more?

KM list, 1, 3, 5km https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/524kzl/buddykms_list/

still waiting on the update here.

yeah its not out here in Australia yet either, 5km per dratini candy is harsh, I never got onto the nest farming when it was a thing and deeply regret it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I really wish that dumb fish was just flopping on your shoulder as you walked.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

1km per jigglypuff candy. Oh it is gonna be a wigglytuff world here.

And I'll finally be able to get the last few pikachu candies I need.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Does this dumb game register walking distance if your phone is locked yet

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Still waiting for the update here, I'm 6 candy off my first Arcanine so I'm gonna be going for plenty of walks with my fire doggo this week.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Is there any advantage to using an evolved form as your buddy? I'm 20 candies short of a Machamp, but wonder if it's worth using the Machoke instead of a Machop.

Only .5k left on my first 10k egg! Excited to hatch a sub par Eevee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man! Niantic accidentally turned on the "How about more than 5 pokemon?" switch in my area.

Just in a half hour I found Cubone (one of my gen 1 faves), Staryu, Koffing, hatched a Voltorb, and caught a bunch of other things I already had, but I can always use the candies. All of the named ones were brand new here except for Staryu, which I only saw once a few months ago. I'm up to 57 registered and seen now. Very slow goings, but still trying.

• Locked thread