Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Cythereal posted:

Isn't that the one that ran with Superman and Batman as a gay couple? Even in today's climate, I cannot possibly see that going over too well in some parts of the world like China.

The Chinese government banned the Ghostbusters reboot because of the paranormal stuff, there's no way they'd let homosexual content from the States pass their borders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I would have thought they'd be down with homosexuality since they want less babies and have a two child rule

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think they got rid of that rule.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

greatn posted:

I would have thought they'd be down with homosexuality since they want less babies and have a two child rule

It was a one child rule and they got rid of it (too little too late considering how rapidly their population is aging and their gender imbalance leaving their men without women to marry.) Anyway, homosexuality is never cool under communist rule.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

greatn posted:

They want lots of babies because they are currently going to get turbofucked by their demographics. They're a more extreme Japan issue with a less developed economy.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You're right we should just let them do whatever the gently caress they want, there's no way that will ever turn out bad. How silly of that guy for suggesting oversight would be a good thing.

You can actually see fans shutting down, when they start talking in vague terms of like 'oversight' and 'killing'. It's total newspeak stuff.

Try using specific terms like 'manslaughter' and 'surveillance'.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah the Chinese Government is basically :biotruths: . The problem with them now is that all films must pander to their archaic bullshit rules so even though we don't live there we have to face the fact that all our films are edited with their strict rules in mind.

No more Skeletons.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Isn't that the one that ran with Superman and Batman as a gay couple? Even in today's climate, I cannot possibly see that going over too well in some parts of the world like China.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

RBA Starblade posted:

Zack Snyder would easily defeat all other directors in hand-to-hand combat.

Uwe Boll would give him a good battle.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

I thought China blocked Tumblr?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tmnt 2 out of the shadows is awesome.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

Tmnt 2 out of the shadows is awesome.

It had a lot more references and stuff, which is cool, but god drat the first TMNT movie from 2014 or whatever was actually a better movie.

This one was awesome because it had literally a billions references and characters that were awesome. I was totally expecting Bxter to become flyguy in this one.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Best was how Krang just busts into the movie completely unprompted.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

HIJK posted:

It was a one child rule and they got rid of it (too little too late considering how rapidly their population is aging and their gender imbalance leaving their men without women to marry.) Anyway, homosexuality is never cool under communist rule.

I thought they changed it from one child to two, not getting rid of the child limitation completely.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

HIJK posted:

Anyway, homosexuality is never cool under communist rule.

That seems pretty hypocritical. So only women can get dick? I propose splitting the dick equally, and I'm suddenly uncommunist?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

That seems pretty hypocritical. So only women can get dick? I propose splitting the dick equally, and I'm suddenly uncommunist?

No, it makes perfect sense. Men already have access to a dick (their own), while woman do not.

No one should have access to two dicks until everyone has access to one.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

No, it makes perfect sense. Men already have access to a dick (their own), while woman do not.

No one should have access to two dicks until everyone has access to one.

With the imbalance in the population that is no longer an issue.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tezcatlipoca posted:

With the imbalance in the population that is no longer an issue.

Like many things, it's not a supply problem, it's a logistics problem.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Comic book illiteracy: Bruce Wayne is straight up like "Alfred I want to gently caress the Joker in the mouth with a loaded handgun" and the only part that you object to here is that a serial killer might die. Like, not the rape aspect; that part's ok.

Alfred's point isn't that killing is objectively evil, but that Wayne is simply 'more than just a killer' - that he's not doing this for fun. (And that's not even going into the basic setup of Bruce saying this aloud because he expects Alfred to lay down a reassuring prohibition. Close-up on the fatherly hand on his shoulder.)

There's a lot of decontextualizing in your post. Like a character just says "killing is the absolutely most wrong thing you can ever do" so you take that 100% literally - even though he just finished killing a guy moments ago. When Superman says "Superman has even less right to kill than normal people" that's plainly some sad-sack bullshit. But you're not even interpreting the statement. You're treating it as an objective fact.

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 10, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Hollismason posted:

Yeah the Chinese Government is basically :biotruths: . The problem with them now is that all films must pander to their archaic bullshit rules so even though we don't live there we have to face the fact that all our films are edited with their strict rules in mind.

The only new part is that it's not white culture that's doing this.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why don't studios just hire a Chinese studio to do an alternate cut?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

greatn posted:

I thought they changed it from one child to two, not getting rid of the child limitation completely.

That does sound more likely and I'm not a China expert

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

greatn posted:

It's super bizarre. As of this year urban Han Chinese can have an extra child, if they successfully petition for one. Rural Han and minority Chinese, like Hmong and Uyghur have had various exemptions and restrictions for a long time, in this very strange balancing act of ethnic control.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

No more Skeletons.

https://www.techinasia.com/china-doesnt-censor-skeletons-the-truth-about-game-censorship-in-the-middle-kingdom

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Spider-man did hang out with Obama that one time

Spidey's mask is so tight it wraps around his skull perfectly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pretty nice trailer to promote the DCEU in Japan

https://twitter.com/AmeComiLife/status/774572857892278272

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Comic book illiteracy: Bruce Wayne is straight up like "Alfred I want to gently caress the Joker in the mouth with a loaded handgun" and the only part that you object to here is that a serial killer might die. Like, not the rape aspect; that part's ok.

Alfred's point isn't that killing is objectively evil, but that Wayne is simply 'more than just a killer' - that he's not doing this for fun. (And that's not even going into the basic setup of Bruce saying this aloud because he expects Alfred to lay down a reassuring prohibition. Close-up on the fatherly hand on his shoulder.)

There's a lot of decontextualizing in your post. Like a character just says "killing is the absolutely most wrong thing you can ever do" so you take that 100% literally - even though he just finished killing a guy moments ago. When Superman says "Superman has even less right to kill than normal people" that's plainly some sad-sack bullshit. But you're not even interpreting the statement. You're treating it as an objective fact.

Also, Alfred has a hosed up giant hand.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Interesting. Tell me, what are your thoughts on eating with others? People sitting in a circle, face-loving themselves and letting out moans and cries of pleasure while staring at each other do the same, even encouraging each other to try their flavor insertable. So, when someone asks you out to eat their really attempting to lure you into a exposed position so that they may literally look into one of your holes as you do stuff to it, as means of giving themselves pleasure. If you protest, the molesters will explain your lack of control. "C'mon, it'll be fun." "You have to eat sooner or later, let's just go now." You force a no, you may shamed for spurning their attempts at gaining intimacy with you, essentially a form of victim blaming.

Pls respond

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

cvnvcnv posted:

Interesting. Tell me, what are your thoughts on eating with others? People sitting in a circle, face-loving themselves and letting out moans and cries of pleasure while staring at each other do the same, even encouraging each other to try their flavor insertable. So, when someone asks you out to eat their really attempting to lure you into a exposed position so that they may literally look into one of your holes as you do stuff to it, as means of giving themselves pleasure. If you protest, the molesters will explain your lack of control. "C'mon, it'll be fun." "You have to eat sooner or later, let's just go now." You force a no, you may shamed for spurning their attempts at gaining intimacy with you, essentially a form of victim blaming.

Pls respond

The best part of having lunch with a friend is when he shoves food in my mouth. Went to Denny's the other day and Bill, you know Bill right, he says "you gotta try this sausage," and just sticks a big old bite right down my throat. Love that sausage.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yeah, but it's a Denny's sausage.

But sausage is good, yo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

cvnvcnv posted:

Pls respond

All that to say you think sticking a gun in someone's mouth is the same as eating. Amazing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

All that to say you think sticking a gun in someone's mouth is the same as eating. Amazing.

You live in L.A. or Chicago and they're pretty common occurrences, the both.

He's just saying you can read anything into anything, but sometimes a cigar is a cigar.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

cvnvcnv posted:

Pls respond

Feeding another adult has a sexual subtext, it's done in movies all of the time.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
-- I wonder why I don't simply bake a strudel and shove it in Joker's mouth...

I'm scared Alfred. Scared some day I may.

"You can won't sir. You can't. Whatever else you may be, you are not a pastry chef."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Utterly incorrect and inaccurate. My intention is to suss out wether a gun can be just a gun, a cigar a cigar, etc.

A gun because it's final, in the mouth because at that point the struggle has concluded. Not because it's a penis, and rape?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

Drifter posted:

You live in L.A. or Chicago and they're pretty common occurrences, the both.

He's just saying you can read anything into anything, but sometimes a cigar is a cigar.

Batman would never smoke cigars with Robin. He's underage.

Okay, well, maybe just one after a big case. To celebrate.

cvnvcnv posted:

Utterly incorrect and inaccurate. My intention is to suss out wether a gun can be just a gun, a cigar a cigar, etc.

A gun because it's final, in the mouth because at that point the struggle has concluded. Not because it's a penis, and rape?

Yeah, I think Batman's struggle with the issue would be over once he stuck it in the Joker's mouth.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm not sure of many shooting events that play out by sticking a gun in someone's mouth.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

cvnvcnv posted:

This is fascinating. What you're talking about is resignation before suicide. This Batman is a hosed up dude.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Speaking of which, what was the deal with the fried chicken scene in Killer Joe? I don't understand why she'd have to be on her knees just to eat a piece of fried chicken, it doesn't make any sense. It's just chicken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

KVeezy3 posted:

I'm not sure of many shooting events that play out by sticking a gun in someone's mouth.

There's no ducking, dodging, or getting away. Inescapable finality with nothing left to chance.

• Locked thread