Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Xenaero posted:

e: Perhaps some videos that people here haven't seen yet showcasing some beta update changes:

Crouchspamming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uYHyZbABz8
Planting first person camera shift: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPx-m4UeTU
Landing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YiZQXaNoM

Looks good. Any word on when this hits live?

Also gosh, with cs having a beta client it's almost like someone works on this game, what the heck is even happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

One of the nice things about a beta client is they can get feedback instead of saying lol lets push it to live and see what they cry about on reddit. So we won't get an update like the revolver again. Assuming they are interested in stuff like that unlike other devs I can think of who put up test versions of the game

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 10, 2016

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i still like the fundamental idea of the revolver, having a unique shooting pattern, it just needs some more tweaking... like in a beta

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its a shame that its another joke gun now but I'm just hoping they can avoid situations like the way it was absurd when it came out.

In the meantime watching some of this starseries. NiP losing to astralis on cache. Its a little depressing.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
uhh the immediate aftermath of the revolver release was basically the best this game has ever been and will ever be

other than the crazy tec 9 buffs

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the update looks really good

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Goofballs posted:

In the meantime watching some of this starseries. NiP losing to astralis on cache. Its a little depressing.

NIP were down 4-11 at half on D2 and managed to pull out a win though so now at least there's a map 3.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
:sweden: NiP :sweden:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like Astralis is one of those teams that has the potential to be great but :effort: and always get knocked out.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I thought they were hosed if it got to overpass but good for them, astralis got stomped

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fennesz posted:

I feel like Astralis is one of those teams that has the potential to be great but :effort: and always get knocked out.

i would've said this a year ago but i think their time has passed and they will never be a truly great team

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I just went 27 kills in a row in community deathmatch and then wrecked a comp, feels good

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I played MM for the first time in maybe a year. Got placed at Gold Nova 2. :staredog:

Easy and relaxing games, but I'd like to face enemies that shoot back.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 10, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Smol posted:

I played MM for the first time in maybe a year. Got placed at Gold Nova 2. :staredog:

Easy and relaxing games, but I'd like to face enemies that shoot back.

yikes

the decay from not playing is really too steep

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I was maybe DMG before stopping playing, so it's not like I'm that good either. Not sure how the gold nova ranks were affected after all the rank shifts and whatnot, but that was like playing against old silvers. We even won a train game, where one dude in our team didn't know how to buy weapons.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 10, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
shox almost dropping 40 in regulation against NV, pretty fukken impressive stuff

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Smol posted:

I was maybe DMG before stopping playing, so it's not like I'm that good either. Not sure how the gold nova ranks were affected after all the rank shifts and whatnot, but that was like playing against old silvers. We even won a train game, where one dude in our team didn't know how to buy weapons.

Seriously? Gold Nova 2 mm seems much harder than your average goonman now. Me and my buddy who got to LE together last year are stuck in GE and have been for months. Though we do also make someone on our team abandon almost every game.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Faffel posted:

Seriously? Gold Nova 2 mm seems much harder than your average goonman now. Me and my buddy who got to LE together last year are stuck in GE and have been for months. Though we do also make someone on our team abandon almost every game.

If everywhere you go smells like poo poo, it's time to check your shoes

namaste

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Also that sounds like a reflection of the quality of Goonmans over anything else.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
New update includes new bomb skins:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Because I live in Asia, I am always playing with 100~200 ping on SEA servers as well as USW servers. For years everyone has never believed me when I told them why I was always so frustrated with this game. Seeing people finally realize what I've been dealing with all these years is a huge cathartic orgasm. If only I hadn't given on CSGO in frustration because of that same lack of understanding.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Jump shooting with the awp should have a 10% chance of legging yourself

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

henne posted:

Jump shooting with the awp should have a 10% chance of legging yourself
Jump shooting with any gun has a 10% chance of jamming the gun, rendering it unusable for the rest of the round.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bohemian Nights posted:

If everywhere you go smells like poo poo, it's time to check your shoes

namaste

What does that even mean in the context of what I actually posted

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Faffel posted:

What does that even mean in the context of what I actually posted

You're stuck in nova, you make teammates abandon and you smell like poo poo

stump collector
May 28, 2007
dig needs to replace MSL

Faffel posted:

did you mean gold master

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

dig needs to replace MSL
He's their IGL and I can't really think of a free Danish IGL, and I highly doubt karrigan would leave Astralis or Snappi/gla1ve would leave Heroic.

Actually, with how well Astralis has been doing, maybe karrigan should give cajunb a ring.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2zhVmC86Q

It's rare that I run up against this blatant of a hacker. Good news, he's in 4 SA goon steam groups!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dork457 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2zhVmC86Q

It's rare that I run up against this blatant of a hacker. Good news, he's in 4 SA goon steam groups!

i like how it doesn't become absolutely blatant until the bass hits

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

also what is the song

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus, he's a goon too?

Must have been mocked for being bad one too many times by us.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Ozmiander posted:

Must have been mocked for being bad one too many times by us.

Your just bad

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Do ya'll think goons aren't just as insufferable as any other internet clan

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xenaero posted:

worse

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

At least we aren't DINOSOWER.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i remember one of my first posts in the cs thread in games before i interacted with any of you chucklefucks was when i encountered some people in nova level mm who were tagged up with the sagoons group and were walling their loving asses off. good times XD

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Demostrs posted:

i remember one of my first posts in the cs thread in games before i interacted with any of you chucklefucks was when i encountered some people in nova level mm who were tagged up with the sagoons group and were walling their loving asses off. good times XD

maybe your fedora was peeking past the corners???

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is the glock really terrible or should I just get good?

It has really bad damage, accuracy and range compared to the CT pistols and of course its burst fire is 100% useless. As far as I can tell the only thing it's got going for it is higher ammo count.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Elman posted:

Is the glock really terrible or should I just get good?

It has really bad damage, accuracy and range compared to the CT pistols and of course its burst fire is 100% useless. As far as I can tell the only thing it's got going for it is higher ammo count.

It's also very accurate when strafing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ozmiander posted:

maybe your fedora was peeking past the corners???

better than having my 400lb flabs peeking out you loving autist