Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Captn Kurp posted:

Is there anything being done about higher ping giving you an advantage? Just curious.

have lower ping to out-advantage the advantage

low ping is easy mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Wooper posted:

have lower ping to out-advantage the advantage

low ping is easy mode

that is not how most of those things work. it's generally advantageous to have the higher ping in most systems

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
yes, that is repeated a lot by people making excuses for why they lost

as someone that play with both high and low ping I can tell you that having an actual low ping makes playing easier

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I find it easier when playing on NA servers with a 150 ping than on EU with 20, maybe that's just because NA is in general bad at shoot men.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Wooper posted:

yes, that is repeated a lot by people making excuses for why they lost

as someone that play with both high and low ping I can tell you that having an actual low ping makes playing easier

you do know like, ping and its effects are quantifiable, right? i don't play enough siege to weigh in on it here (so I didn't), but there are tons of games where a combination of ping and packet loss make you functionally invincible.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I thought it went both ways? it helps you in some areas and hurts you in others. In Siege where peaking is such a huge thing it can be extremely helpful, but if you're the recipient of a peak it makes it even worse for you. Good players mostly play around the strength but yeah personally I'd take lower ping if I could have the choice, and I play siege with both high and low regularly. There's a mental disconnect, that I at least personally get, with the delay high ping gives you, that makes it kind of annoying.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Paradigmata posted:

I find it easier when playing on NA servers with a 150 ping than on EU with 20, maybe that's just because NA is in general bad at shoot men.

Which is funny, considering how often they seem to like shooting one another IRL. I would've thought that it's something you'd get better at, with practice :v:

Not sure if I've asked this in here already, but are there any AusGoons around, who want to R6 it up? Here I am on Steam, if so. (I'm also "MajorIsoor" on UPlay, minus quotes. drat no-space rules)

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Hey I just peaked a dude with 1/3rd the ping of mine and he instantly headshot me and my bullets didn't exist.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why would your bullets exist? you're dead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Everybody in this thread needs to stop climbing mountains

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

siege is cool and good. still wish only drms/revolver could instant kill with a headshot.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

that sounds like a completely different game that would also be cool and good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Roobanguy posted:

siege is cool and good. still wish only drms/revolver could instant kill with a headshot.

That would fix a lot of things that are wrong with the game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like siege. Last night i ran into a team on casual who were so good (same clantag) they would wipe my team within seconds.

They then surrounded me with shields, flashbanged me and laughed as I ran in circles knifing and shotgunning furiously for the 2 minutes I couldn't see for, before shooting me when I got lucky and clipped one in the head.

(It was very funny)

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
Theres been a couple of teasers for the 4.2 update:

Doc:

and Twitch (notice that this says prep phase)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hactar posted:

Doc:

drat, looks good. Time to search for Tachanka buff clues.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hactar posted:

Doc:

Hooray!

Now Ubisoft just need to do something about the damage model, Rook and Tachanka and we're all set. :v:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hactar posted:

Doc:

:vince:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Doc had better be able to revive dudes still.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lohli posted:

Doc had better be able to revive dudes still.

They're taking DBNO away from defenders because they felt it imbalanced the multiplayer and provided an unfair advantage against the attackers*

*note: next season's operative will still have it

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Squeegy posted:

They're taking DBNO away from defenders because they felt it imbalanced the multiplayer and provided an unfair advantage against the attackers*

*note: next season's operative will still have it

Along with Nitro Cell and a Shotgun, because we certainly don't have enough of those kinds of operators in the game. Please let their special ability/gadget render Rook completely useless so that the attackers are actually afraid to see a completely empty objective room, knowing that literally the entire team is roaming.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The new attacker's gadget instantly kills any operator with less than 2 speed at the start of the round

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please replace the active phase of the game with a literal dice-roll to determine the winner of the round.

Just a live video feed of a Ubisoft employee rolling a dice and declaring someone a winner.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

are we trusting the dice rolls to an RNG

come the gently caress on ubi

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

lohli posted:

Please replace the active phase of the game with a literal dice-roll to determine the winner of the round.

Just a live video feed of a Ubisoft employee rolling a dice and declaring someone a winner.

Competitive Rock, Paper, Scissors.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

El Jebus posted:

Competitive Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Rock gets peekers advantage.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rock gets peekers advantage.

Only if their latency is more or less than paper or scissors, respectively.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUvKM3fXUD0

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Accidentally broke a mute gadget while setting up a wall, guy got mad and wanted to kick me out - I mean I think that's his fault for putting that thing so close to an unreinforced wall but whatever - anyways, two rounds later I get into a situation where I'm alone against 5 enemies and by a complete stroke of luck take them all out in a few seconds. Guy sends me a friend request and a message saying "Amazing". Felt good!

Then the game crashed because of my huge ego most likely.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Last night my team was directly responsible for getting Hard teamkilled twice. :smuggo:

Please ignore the combined 1 kill we managed over 3 rounds.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Worth :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Weekly challenges have completely stopped tracking for me. :(

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Mine have been super slow to update, like a day later practically, but still track.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Weekly challenges have completely stopped tracking for me. :(

Same. I want that BOPE charm.

Skull Rain 4.1 has really bad netcode this time around; half the time I'm getting killed the killcam shows me 4 feet behind a wall when the death blow comes down. Overly compensated or something.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Bad netcode you say? :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm3TRF8a0s8&t=250s

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Is there a special challenge for a bope charm?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Is there a special challenge for a bope charm?

10 round wins as BOPE.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
poo poo I might have to start playing the game again, deadline monday or tomorrow?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

poo poo I might have to start playing the game again, deadline monday or tomorrow?

Weekly challenges rotate out on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Triggs posted:

Bad netcode you say? :stare:

Nah it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATE9rT5bIU

This seems to be happening more often. :( Mostly with Ash for some reason, although that might be confirmation bias

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 11, 2016

• Locked thread