Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I miss Zana's old VO for two reasons 1) i've heard it for like what is it now, 2.5 years? and 2) it made sense from a lore perspective. You've got a woman that travels through dreams and realities like we walk down the block, it makes sense to have the hosed up romanian-esque / kiwi accent. Now she's just generic NPC #5245.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yay for random chance. Last night I told the guild that I bet I'll get my first exalt drop today. Guess what juuuuuust happened in the third map I do.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

One thing I find odd considering her other man hating dialogue, is how she calls Fairgraves a good man caught in a bad situation.

This is because he doesn't have a dong.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That, and old Zana had a very aloof tone: she, like many of those in Wraeclast, had a very scientific attitude towards the situation. She wanted you to go in and investigate and poke around at the inner workings of the universe, while the current one sounds like she's constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

The Shaper is totally her dad, isn't it?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Phobophilia posted:

That, and old Zana had a very aloof tone: she, like many of those in Wraeclast, had a very scientific attitude towards the situation. She wanted you to go in and investigate and poke around at the inner workings of the universe, while the current one sounds like she's constantly on the verge of a breakdown.

The Shaper is totally her dad, isn't it?

Yes, this is spoiled in her voice files. He was a map-type scientist as well and, when faced with some kind of inquisition, left Zana alone so she could find a better home. He shaped worlds to create one his daughter could live in without worry, iirc.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Could I get a Guild Invite? My character name is JaqueTrades.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

killstealing posted:

Yes, this is spoiled in her voice files. He was a map-type scientist as well and, when faced with some kind of inquisition, left Zana alone so she could find a better home. He shaped worlds to create one his daughter could live in without worry, iirc.

I'd live on a Beach (after killing all monsters obv)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I think I killed the Act 4 boss , by blasting a hole in it, climbing inside of it, killing every vital organ one by one, then traveling to it's rectum and destroying what looked like 3 prostates and then escaping through it's rear end in a top hat?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Died at lvl 82 to cruel izaro. It was laggy but that shouldnt happen. Maybe my character is just weak, but thats ridiculous.

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
building up my fb totem build now and need build help.

https://www.poeurl.com/LKN

is this good for CI crit inquis or am i missing something?

also should i even bother with inquis or just go hiero?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ButtWolf posted:

Died at lvl 82 to cruel izaro. It was laggy but that shouldnt happen. Maybe my character is just weak, but thats ridiculous.

What's your hp

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
3.5k. I dont have any problems in t5 maps, unless im frozen. But a lvl 57 dude oneshots me. Its dumb.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

StoryTime posted:

I like the Duelist. He's just havin' fun, picking fights. Piety is aroused by his rear end, and who wouldn't be?

"climb the tower, kill the mad king...... just like the stories my mum used to read to me."

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ButtWolf posted:

3.5k. I dont have any problems in t5 maps, unless im frozen. But a lvl 57 dude oneshots me. Its dumb.

kill his mechanics or dodge his big attacks. he's not meant to be trivialized by life easily

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Firos posted:

Shadow VO 10/10. Would level again.

I'm never gonna stop playing shadow because he's the only player voice I can stand, even then his newer lines aren't as good.

Also I could probably use a guild re-invite. IGN LanzaNerau

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.

ButtWolf posted:

Did you let him get a lot of charges?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is enraging the rhoa boss worth it? Spent like 5 minutes killing him (admittedly with a map mod for ele resistance and having to avoid a lot) and he just dropped a bunch of lovely rares

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Is enraging the rhoa boss worth it? Spent like 5 minutes killing him (admittedly with a map mod for ele resistance and having to avoid a lot) and he just dropped a bunch of lovely rares

You can enrage it right before it dies.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

Get him low then break the baskets.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

baby puzzle posted:

Did you let him get a lot of charges?

Prob. Im just mad cause i can sit afk pretty much on merc on my jugg. Not used to wimps.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
What are some good ways to improve tankiness on pathfinder bv?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Finally got my game fixed, looks like one of my characters got severely bugged.

Can I get a guild invite for the league IGN: Stillcrashing

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Anyone have a decent build for the flameblast totem? My LA+BR ranger seems to die anything even remotely looks at it funny.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Just play ED/Contagion and don't give a gently caress about your gear, run t2 maps with 1500 hp at level 61, no problem

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jinnigan posted:

What are some good ways to improve tankiness on pathfinder bv?

what flasks are you using? I went CI so I didnt need a life flask, but I'd suggest running resistance flasks and a basalt flask until you have rumi's concoction. It's a big survival boost which will easily tide you over til red maps... I think, since I haven't gotten a red map drop yet.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I just had to put it somewhere for posterity, since in-game it hardly matters at this point: right before Essence/Atlas of Worlds started, I'd gotten tired of Prophecy and was farting around testing some things out in Standard with all the characters I had with full respecs. On one, I was working on a high-ES build, which I've never really done, and managed to Alch into a chestpiece with about 600 ES. So I figured I'd 5-link it to play around. Took about 5 jewelers' to get 6 sockets, and then I thought I'd use up to 100 fuses just to see what happened before giving in and just using Vorici. 30 fuses in, 6 sockets, achievement, etc. It was fun. That is all.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Phayray posted:

Just play ED/Contagion and don't give a gently caress about your gear, run t2 maps with 1500 hp at level 61, no problem

What do you use for single target?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

vOv posted:

a wither totem xD

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

vOv posted:

patience or poison (gem or consuming dark) I assume

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Divvynarious: overpriced junk, or BV wrecking ball?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jinnigan posted:

Divvynarious: overpriced junk, or BV wrecking ball?

overpriced. you pay upwards of 1ex for a ~20c dagger in relevant stats, trading in the 10% aoe for a flat spell damage roll.

it also has a bad base for critical hitting, something like http://poe.trade/search/enibomedotoati would be much better (even better if you get a flat spell damage roll).

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

vOv posted:

Wither totem and run around in circles, occasionally refreshing ED and contagion. With completely trash gear (note: I have some +chaos damage passives) my level 15 ED does 7.3k chaos damage/sec, so a little

is all you need

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

Cool. I'm gonna have like ~30-35c soon? What big first item should I buy? I'm leaning towards essence worm because that'll let me turn on mind over matter, which is hopefully a big help in EHP, or maybe I should get some Real flasks first?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
flasks > everything

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

heh heh the only one i could even conceivably afford anytime soon is Rumi's, and I'd still be half an exalt short of that. eh heh heh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

heh heh the only one i could even conceivably afford anytime soon is Rumi's, and I'd still be half an exalt short of that. eh heh heh

unless you run into a difficulty wall just keep everything as is (maybe get a shield?)

life based bv pathfinders look so weird to me

J
Jun 10, 2001

The Real Foogla posted:

life based bv pathfinders look so weird to me

How about a life based BV berserker that just killed shaper.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anyone ever seen a (viable) build based on the shield charge skill? Was thinking about doing a gimmick build to level with a friend who's bad at the game and the idea of a "no brakes on this train" character that just uses shield bash is kind of appealing.

Of course if it's a complete waste of time I won't bother, but "every skill is viable", right? Thinking of a marauder with unbreaking/unblinking/unstoppable and a shitload of shield, armor and physical dmg/speed nodes, with a decent amount of health. Something maybe along these lines?

skill tree

Except I know I'm terrible at building trees from scratch, so pointers are appreciated.

Edit
Thanks, will check it out.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 11, 2016

Guyofpie
Nov 2, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Anyone ever seen a (viable) build based on the shield charge skill? Was thinking about doing a gimmick build to level with a friend who's bad at the game and the idea of a "no brakes on this train" character that just uses shield bash is kind of appealing.

Of course if it's a complete waste of time I won't bother, but "every skill is viable", right? Thinking of a marauder with unbreaking/unblinking/unstoppable and a shitload of shield, armor and physical dmg/speed nodes, with a decent amount of health. Something maybe along these lines?

skill tree

Except I know I'm terrible at building trees from scratch, so pointers are appreciated.

I was following Mathil's facebreaker shield charge build last league and was having a lot of fun with it, and I imagine this league will be even easier to run this with the essences that give physical damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676598

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

sushibandit posted:

skill tree

Edit
Thanks, will check it out.

This is probably not a great idea for being a dedicated party member character with someone who's not at good at the game as you. Facebreaker shield charge has ridiculous clear speed so you'll either be gimping yourself arbitrarily or killing everything before your buddy can get to it.
Just something to consider before you go all in on it. :v:

• Locked thread