Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Is Ted Turner trying to make CNN the WCW to Fox's WWF?

That would be Zucker, who loves himself reality TV, and is formerly of NBC. Actually if one considers how much that whore paled around with Trump while at NBC the reason for CNN becoming the Trump network makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Goatman Sacks posted:

He bragged the DAY OF THE ATTACKS that his building was tallest again.

"“actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest—and then, when they built the World Trade Center, it became known as the second-tallest. And now it’s the tallest.”

Please send that with the source to Sopan, he'd love that poo poo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Trump tweeted that the 911 victims were worthless losers that deserved to die the Republican platform would be digging up the bodies to pee on them by the afternoon. There's literally nothing he can do to alienate his base and the leadership will go along with it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Radish posted:

If Trump tweeted that the 911 victims were worthless losers that deserved to die the Republican platform would be digging up the bodies to pee on them by the afternoon. There's literally nothing he can do to alienate his base and the leadership will go along with it.
I don't think anyone's questioned there's 25, 30, 35% of the country who will support him if he heils Hitler and eats a nun, the question is the remaining margin of folks. I have seen the Republican base ablate substantially in my lifetime. Even if he squeaks out a win through Satan's direct intervention, Trump has done ten years of this in one and a half.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/774728217215262721

god this guy is just such a loving dickhead

e: seriously, this is just peak slimeball

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...db62_story.html

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

straight up brolic posted:

Yeah but less than 100 of the over 10,000 people Clinton met donated to the Foundation, so the truth is probably in the middle.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Lid posted:

Find anyone anywhere praising or even being neutral on Matt Lauer right now.

OK.

quote:

NBC News Chairman Andy Lack is standing up for Matt Lauer after the “Today” co-anchor was torched for his moderating skills at Wednesday’s “Commander In Chief Forum.”

Lack issued an internal memo to staffers late Friday congratulating them on the news division’s one-hour special, in which presidential nominees Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump answered questions regarding national security and defense issues.

“Because of our event, national security has dominated the news cycle for days,” Lack wrote. “Every major paper and news broadcast around the world has led with headlines about Putin, Iraq, ISIS, and intelligence briefings. Matt did a tremendous job – driving one of the most serious discussions to date on these topics. Nearly 15 million people watched the event, and over 26 million tuned in at some point during the hour.”
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-lack-nbc-lauer-20160909-snap-story.html

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 11, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Radish posted:

The only thing that has ever really harmed his support with his base was toning down his racism towards illegal immigrants. They'll bow down towards him so long as he make them think he'll hurt the Other. He's the last hope of the white supremacists to ensure that nobody besides them gets a say in the country before demographics render them toothless.

He is the embodiment of everything wrong with corporate America.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

I don't think anyone's questioned there's 25, 30, 35% of the country who will support him if he heils Hitler and eats a nun, the question is the remaining margin of folks. I have seen the Republican base ablate substantially in my lifetime. Even if he squeaks out a win through Satan's direct intervention, Trump has done ten years of this in one and a half.

This is true, and the thing that scares people is that a majority is not needed for a fascist takeover. If Trump built the wall, deported the mexicans, rounded up the muslims, and went full police state on the blacks, 30% of the country would support him. Another 30% would go along with it, not because they support it, but because most people just have their heads down and are trying to survive. 30% of the country being for Trump does not mean that 70% are against him. If things get really nasty, a large number of people are going to lay low and hope for the best rather than actively oppose it. This is what is frightening about Trumps efforts to de-ligitamize the election. He is laying the groundwork so that when he loses, he can claim he was robbed and thus the system is broken.

When Trump loses this November he will have tens of millions of rabid supporters who will believe he was cheated. If Trump had ANY competence whatsoever he could leverage that into a revolution. I'm not saying he would be succesful but he could cripple this country for years. While organized units marching on cities is almost an impossibilty, I would think that widespread riots and mashall law aren't.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 11, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

This is true, and the thing that scares people is that a majority is not needed for a fascist takeover. If Trump built the wall, deported the mexicans, rounded up the muslims, and went full police state on the blacks, 30% of the country would support him. Another 30% would go along with it, not because they support it, but because most people just have their heads down and are trying to survive. 30% of the country being for Trump does not mean that 70% are against him. If things get really nasty, a large number of people are going to lay low and hope for the best rather than actively oppose it. This is what is frightening about Trumps efforts to de-ligitamize the election. He is laying the groundwork so that when he loses, he can claim he was robbed and thus the system is broken.

When Trump loses this November he will have tens of millions of rabid supporters who will believe he was cheated. If Trump had ANY competence whatsoever he could leverage that into a revolution. I'm not saying he would be succesful but he could cripple this country for years.
lol this is insane

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

One of the many weird things about Trump's (and Republicans') criticism about Hillary, whom he called "trigger-happy" for apparently wanting to go into Iraq and Libya, and saying that she's also weak. He says that he would be "stronger" than her, but wouldn't have invaded those countries. How does that work?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

When Trump loses this November he will have tens of millions of rabid supporters who will believe he was cheated. If Trump had ANY competence whatsoever he could leverage that into a revolution. I'm not saying he would be succesful but he could cripple this country for years. While organized units marching on cities is almost an impossibilty, I would think that widespread riots and mashall law aren't.

Trump and his ardent supporters are massive cowards, there will of course be a few lunatics that will lose their loving minds and get their guns for STREET JUSTICE but most of them are just going to shrink into corncobs and post bad words on 4chan while their brave leader completely ignores them to start yet another fraudulent business.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mr Interweb posted:

One of the many weird things about Trump's (and Republicans') criticism about Hillary, whom he called "trigger-happy" for apparently wanting to go into Iraq and Libya, and saying that she's also weak. He says that he would be "stronger" than her, but wouldn't have invaded those countries. How does that work?

He's a man and she's a woman. That's what the 'weak' and 'impulsive' stuff means.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The Oregon Stupid showed that they're mostly chicken shits.

But yes 0.0001% of several million nazis means a lot of "lone wolfs".

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Night10194 posted:

He's a man and she's a woman. That's what the 'weak' and 'impulsive' stuff means.

Yes, but also, don't expect Trump's attacks to be consistent or make sense. His has a hard time forming coherent sentences.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MARTIAL

Sorry this is a pet peeve I've noticed lately

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

When pressed on this he just says "I have the best temperment, and the key to strength is knowing when to act" or some poo poo like that. He's a master question evader.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

MARTIAL

at least it wasn't marital law

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Ok but I kinda laugh at the notion that Trump has tens of millions of supporters. He won the Republican primary with a plurality, not a majority.

Also, how many of his rabid old white men base will aneurysm or cardiac event out when our Dread Abuela ascends?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Trump was right. :eyepop:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

72% of Republicans doubt Obama's citizenship.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-persistent-partisan-divide-over-birther-question-n627446?cid=sm_tw

quote:

While more than eight in 10 Democrats agreed with the claim, far more Republicans disagreed with the statement (41 percent) than agreed with it (27 percent). An additional 31 percent of Republicans expressed some doubts about whether Obama is a native U.S. citizen (i.e. indicating that they neither agreed nor disagreed with the statement). Only slightly more than one in four Republican voters agreed that the president was born in the United States.

In fact, the distributions are statistically indistinguishable: 40 percent of knowledgeable Republicans disagree that Obama was born in the U.S. compared to 42 percent of lower knowledge Republicans. A greater factual understanding of the political system does not diminish Republicans' doubts about Obama's birthplace.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

MARTIAL

Sheriff law

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's nice to know we'll be cleaning up the Republican mess for decades, even if (when) we win.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lemming posted:

Sheriff law

The only true law.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

haha so 2 out of 10 dems also think obama is a filthy kenyan what the gently caress

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Harambe has more logical consistency in his policy positions than Jill Stein

(PRAISE BE TO HARAMBE OUR ETERNAL SAVIOR)

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/mikememoli/status/774718165511184384
https://twitter.com/PRyan/status/774708981533114368

Having to watch Paul D. Ryan debase himself on a daily basis is the best thing about this election.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also that article sure tries real hard not to say obama was in fact born here

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lemming posted:

Sheriff law

sharia-ff law

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

When pressed on this he just says "I have the best temperment, and the key to strength is knowing when to act" or some poo poo like that. He's a master question evader.

He isn't though and that's what's infuriating. Places like CNN are so fixated on making this a close horse race election that they won't press him on anything he says as an answer. Meanwhile Hillary coughs and the media is abuzz with how it will effect her chances of winning. I honestly cannot think of any other election local or national where the difference in media tone towards candidates has been so black and white. Any pressure on his bullshit mouth diarrhea would cause him to fumble and fall apart but that would ruin THE CLOSE HORSE RACE narrative that drives clicks and views

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I disagree, you need to ask him 3 to 5 questions, including yes/no's to get him to answer anything without him just stumping on whatever he wants.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

corn in the bible posted:

also that article sure tries real hard not to say obama was in fact born here

This is what confuses me about the media. How do you get so married to the idea of equivocating both sides that you can't even admit facts with mountains of evidence just because one side is obsessed with denying the fact? At least with racism or sexism you have some wiggle room to weasel around in. You don't with things like "was President Obama born in the US?"

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I'm going to miss Joe Biden's faces so much. :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

at this point, what difference does it make?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PhazonLink posted:

The Oregon Stupid showed that they're mostly chicken shits.

But yes 0.0001% of several million nazis means a lot of "lone wolfs".

Yeah, this. At the present time, Team Trump has a low proportion of people who can even be convinced to go burn a Hispanic business, never mind go Full Atlanta. There'll be hate crimes and a nontrivial number of nutballs but we won't be seeing National Guard units firing on angry crowds in Boise.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

This is pro-read, wow. Not the worst thing to come out of this election cycle but really captures the essence of Trump and really aligns with what other people have observed and written about him.

I say this as a person with a lot of years in the study of psychology; Trump is a fascinating person in his consistency and predictability. Someone earlier posted that abnormal psychology courses were using his speeches as examples of clinical narcissism; I doubted that when I read it because the assumptions you would need to make would violate the ethos of clinical psychology it's hard to maintain that skepticism when there are so many independent accounts of his behaviour that point in the same direction.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

He isn't though and that's what's infuriating. Places like CNN are so fixated on making this a close horse race election that they won't press him on anything he says as an answer. Meanwhile Hillary coughs and the media is abuzz with how it will effect her chances of winning. I honestly cannot think of any other election local or national where the difference in media tone towards candidates has been so black and white. Any pressure on his bullshit mouth diarrhea would cause him to fumble and fall apart but that would ruin THE CLOSE HORSE RACE narrative that drives clicks and views

jeremy corbyn

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

corn in the bible posted:

haha so 2 out of 10 dems also think obama is a filthy kenyan what the gently caress

I still love the three percent of Hillary supporters who think she is working for Lucifer. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Geostomp posted:

This is what confuses me about the media. How do you get so married to the idea of equivocating both sides that you can't even admit facts with mountains of evidence just because one side is obsessed with denying the fact? At least with racism or sexism you have some wiggle room to weasel around in. You don't with things like "was President Obama born in the US?"

It's not some big mystery guys. They decided they make more money off equivocation than facts and so they do that.

The profit motive is powerful and people are selfish. It's just hard to admit because that carries a lot of terrible implications to realize what people will do when they think they'll come out on top and make a quick buck.

• Locked thread