Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TOM HANKS posted:

It's probably been posted in this thread already but the Heroin thread in TCC was one of the craziest things I have ever seen on the internet. You just saw these peoples lives fall apart in real time. I was actually able to convince a friend not to try smack by showing it to him.

yes

Saint Drogo posted:

TimeCube with Tits: Come learn about Roman Systems Engineering!

Guy believed the dodecahedrons were for crafting perfectly spherical sling bullets. somehow this went together with his :spergin: quest to eliminate small talk with personal dodecahedrons that would tell strangers you wanted to talk about rare coins, and with a drive to make STEM fields sexy, which linked to the Roman theme because something something Animal House.

YES. I loved this thread. I think there were a couple over the years and that one had the guy himself sounding confused about how the thing loving worked yet completely certain it was a brilliant idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TOM HANKS posted:

It's probably been posted in this thread already but the Heroin thread in TCC was one of the craziest things I have ever seen on the internet. You just saw these peoples lives fall apart in real time. I was actually able to convince a friend not to try smack by showing it to him.

harm reduction at work, god bless

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Iron Prince posted:

he's now claiming to be a vilepilot rereg. this poo poo either legit or a fuckin' masterful troll.
He is.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

also who was the guy who was desperate to lose his virginity, and had like rancid, bright yellow teeth? painfully awkward, stalkerish, maybe worked as a teacher?

was it you?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The first guy I remember to cause a big thing and get driven off the forums after the paywall went up was Euro/Euronymous. He was an Australian metalhead famous for hitting his girlfriend with a shower head and his insane rant that Fragmaster recorded.

Next was Esco, a dumb teenager famous for extolling the virtues of his favourite teacher that 'was the grandson of the guy that invented coca cola.' He would pop into random threads to spout inanities until he too was driven off. There is also an excellent recording of one of his posts read by Frags somewhere. Sadly ive lost these recordings over the years.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Bukowski posted:

and his insane rant that Fragmaster recorded..

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/firemancomics/otherart/eurocall.swf

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thanks proc old friend.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Euronymous was before my time but that movie slays me

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who was the goon that got kicked out of a goonmeet for carrying a giant stick around and eating food off of other people's plates? He was also a wikipedia admin iirc

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Travis343 posted:

harm reduction at work, god bless

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Was it Jihadbreath who threatened to kill his teacher so some goon called his mom and started the call with "Hello, I'm from the internet"?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gentle pete posted:

Who was the goon that got kicked out of a goonmeet for carrying a giant stick around and eating food off of other people's plates? He was also a wikipedia admin iirc

same person that anne franks fanfic murdered?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

This guy spent 4-6 years brutally bullying teens online and caring really, really hard about helldump.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

was it you?

I wish......

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

At the end of the day the answer is Caro

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I thought the guy who drew the goku pants and guy who got his kid taken by cps was the same dude?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Charles Bukowski posted:

The first guy I remember to cause a big thing and get driven off the forums after the paywall went up was Euro/Euronymous. He was an Australian metalhead famous for hitting his girlfriend with a shower head and his insane rant that Fragmaster recorded.

He was pretty like a pony

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

Jose posted:

same person that anne franks fanfic murdered?

wat

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Minimalist Program posted:

This guy spent 4-6 years brutally bullying teens online and caring really, really hard about helldump.

Kind of inspiring, really. If he can make it, anyone can.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

I want to say someone in the thread drew fanart of this, him sitting at the top of a hill in a ranger station wrapped in a blanket feebly eating raisins, as people hiked through the park and happy couples sat on picnic blankets below him.

Few pages back, but I think that you might be talking about this thing I drew, I'd totally forgotten I'd done it so well remembered! (if it is this)

https://imgur.com/njUofMF

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NLJP posted:

Was it Jihadbreath who threatened to kill his teacher so some goon called his mom and started the call with "Hello, I'm from the internet"?

That was alias777, a 13-year old kid who used his mother's credit card and got scammed, then posted on the internet for advice.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1727

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

That was alias777, a 13-year old kid who used his mother's credit card and got scammed, then posted on the internet for advice.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1727
speaking of Alias, i got reminded of this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&pagenumber=232&perpage=40#post458490330

this basically sums up the Alias story

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
The clown who wanted to walk across America and nearly died before he got out of the county; did that happen in Tildale Park in Berkely?

I ask because I was at a wedding today at the Brazilian room in the park and was trying to remember where I knew the name from, and it finally clicked that I think that's it's.

My girlfriend was really surprised when I leaned over and said, "I think this is where the clown with the loving cart nearly died."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Is elfpr0n still alive or what

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

I thought the guy who drew the goku pants and guy who got his kid taken by cps was the same dude?

i drew the goku pants and my first child was born on Monday so nope

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. 47 posted:

The clown who wanted to walk across America and nearly died before he got out of the county; did that happen in Tildale Park in Berkely?

It was at the Pantoll Campground in Mt. Tamalpais State Park, north of SF

https://goo.gl/maps/1gCvVnFWQDR2

Scudworth has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Sep 11, 2016

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

gentle pete posted:

Wasn't that Parahexavoctal (or something like that)? I remember seeing pictures of him with that stupid stick at some goon meet or something.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rondette posted:

Few pages back, but I think that you might be talking about this thing I drew, I'd totally forgotten I'd done it so well remembered! (if it is this)

https://imgur.com/njUofMF

Hahaha yes, yes. Excellent

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Since a lot of the more memorable stuff has been posted a bunch of times, some of these are things that I remember but rarely if ever see them brought up anymore.

-Pound Coin? used to have this gimmick where he'd post really gross erotic literature stories in threads that were headed to the gas chamber.
-That goon who admitted to loving his dog.
-Word filters that weren't because of overused catch phrases but more just for the gently caress of it. "Bullshit" at one point was filtered to "starcalibur", I think.
-Furry Concentration Camp
-Homegroan being banned.
-EllisD running across his uncle on a gay hookup site and blackmailing him into buying him a TV.
-Doublecum (was that EllisD as well?) It was Real Jon.

Edmund Sparkler has a new favorite as of 02:25 on Sep 11, 2016

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
There was a goon who posted in FYAD around the time I registered (2003) who'd only quote people and post :rolleyes: as his gimmick. I forget his name, but he was my first forums hero <3.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Is elfpr0n still alive or what

Was that the lady that was the professional goon fucker? I can't remember the specifics.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Was that the lady that was the professional goon fucker? I can't remember the specifics.

i forgot about that until you mentioned it but yea thats her. she showed up in those gooncamp photos with her gut flowing over her jeans

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i forgot about that until you mentioned it but yea thats her. she showed up in those gooncamp photos with her gut flowing over her jeans

Ride that wave

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I thought Pilot was the professional goon fucker. She's since moved onto celebs, much better choice imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

some wikipedia editor got banned from editing wikipedia and killed themselves and anne frank's fanfic got the blame for some reason

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

That was from 3 straight years of world of Warcraft and no job.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Jose posted:

some wikipedia editor got banned from editing wikipedia and killed themselves and anne frank's fanfic got the blame for some reason

http://www.memorialobituaries.com/memorials/memorials.cgi?action=Obit&memid=195855&clientid=flint

i think his forum name was ty peppar maybe without a space don't know

fanfic was blamed maybe sarcastically i dont know, because in the 'vandalize wikipedia' contest that cost peppar his beloved admin role at wikipedia for contesting all the edits, fanfics said something about 'ty peppar went insane and shot up a bunch of kids then shot himself in 2008' which was the actual year he did end up killing himself in the end

if i got anything wrong its because it was like 8 years ago

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

extra stout posted:

http://www.memorialobituaries.com/memorials/memorials.cgi?action=Obit&memid=195855&clientid=flint

i think his forum name was ty peppar maybe without a space don't know

fanfic was blamed maybe sarcastically i dont know, because in the 'vandalize wikipedia' contest that cost peppar his beloved admin role at wikipedia for contesting all the edits, fanfics said something about 'ty peppar went insane and shot up a bunch of kids then shot himself in 2008' which was the actual year he did end up killing himself in the end

if i got anything wrong its because it was like 8 years ago

shot himself in the anus, iirc

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FIRST TIME posted:

-Doublecum

Veni Vidi Veni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Schwarzwald posted:

Veni Vidi Veni

:lol: