Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Minigun isn't that concealable unless you wanted to pair it with a 33 conceal pistol. Concealable RPG is never happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

UnknownMercenary posted:

Minigun isn't that concealable unless you wanted to pair it with a 33 conceal pistol. Concealable RPG is never happening.

Minigun is more concealable than the flamethrower, which absolutely does need to be paired with a 33/34 pistol to get below 25 detection risk.

Lowest I can get with the RPG is 35 detection.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

UnknownMercenary posted:

Yeah, ya got a point. Even without the +3 conceal bronco, I can bring a double cut down minigun, the ice pick (with hidden blade basic or whatever its called now), and a gun like the cobra or micro uzi and be just a point over the threshold. I feel like if I'm going to use the bronco with the minigun, I should at least get Gun Nut and Desparado aced

edit: this seems to be fine

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 11, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Something I am looking forward to is separating the train from transports. I honestly have always liked transports but my build doesn't work as well on train. I guess if console had the build swap between rounds I wouldn't care, because I actually like train but only if I am not c4/ saw guy from day 1.

When the change happens that means train docs are removed from armored cars, right?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

swims posted:

Something I am looking forward to is separating the train from transports. I honestly have always liked transports but my build doesn't work as well on train. I guess if console had the build swap between rounds I wouldn't care, because I actually like train but only if I am not c4/ saw guy from day 1.

When the change happens that means train docs are removed from armored cars, right?

I'm confused by what you're saying. Is the train heist a day2 thing off transports on console? Cuz on PC they're entirely seperate and all 1-day things.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

swims posted:

At first I was thinking "What? The train heist is already sepera-ooooooooooooooooooh."

I can't remember if the documents are still there or not. If they are still there then the good news is that it doesn't extend the heist with having to do the Train.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

chairface posted:

I'm confused by what you're saying. Is the train heist a day2 thing off transports on console? Cuz on PC they're entirely seperate and all 1-day things.

Yeah, they used to be bundled together into the same heist. Finding the blueprints would take you to a day 2, otherwise you'd be done.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

averox posted:

At first I was thinking "What? The train heist is already sepera-ooooooooooooooooooh."

I can't remember if the documents are still there or not. If they are still there then the good news is that it doesn't extend the heist with having to do the Train.

The documents are still there.

lol consoles

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The documents are still there. You still get the achievement for finding the documents, it just no longer forces you into the train heist as a second day.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Also the revised train heist is better in almost every way, even if merc can't kill himself by doing 40 bag DW back when DW was significantly harder

...again

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Psion posted:

Also the revised train heist is better in almost every way, even if merc can't kill himself by doing 40 bag DW back when DW was significantly harder

...again

Except the bags are no longer explosive. That was fun.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

...again

I've spent a dozen hours doing worse things than attempting that version of train heist.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

I've spent a dozen hours doing worse things than attempting that version of train heist.

only because they removed the old train heist so you had to get your fix another way.

I wonder if the one skilltree per player gimmick would be more tolerable now. I think it would.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That one wasn't even that hard. We managed to finish every (at the time of attempting it) map loud except for two. I remember one of them being Forest because Forest can gently caress right off. It was a bunch of bullshit back then even with minmaxed builds. I forget what the other map was, but I will assume it was also Train Heist for maximum irony.

I will spare you the details of the dumb challenge Cory is trying to get done at the moment. :v:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

UnknownMercenary posted:

That one wasn't even that hard. We managed to finish every (at the time of attempting it) map loud except for two. I remember one of them being Forest because Forest can gently caress right off. It was a bunch of bullshit back then even with minmaxed builds. I forget what the other map was, but I will assume it was also Train Heist for maximum irony.

I will spare you the details of the dumb challenge Cory is trying to get done at the moment. :v:

Maybe transport crossroads? That was (and harbor or whatever) were also ridiculous on DW.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Nah we finished all of the regular transports.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm looking to get back into this, haven't played since the original beta/shortly after launch, and holy dang the game's changed quite a bit :stare: Thanks for the run down on what's new in the OP :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just learned about Fatman Scoop thanks to the remaining weird payday 2 video maker that isn't in this thread, and they're right, Be Faithful/Put Your Hands Up should have been in Payday a long time ago. We probably won't see new content until Crimefest.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shadow Warrior 2 comes out in a month. Time to start baseless speculation on a Lo Wang heister.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I mean it looks cool and has co-op. It's a pretty good angle for even more cross-over content with devolver. Put some Payday in Shadow Warrior 2 and let Lo-Wang make dick jokes in Payday 2. Bonus points if he turns out to be Jiro's kid and the community has a goddamn shitfit over the canon in 2016.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Crabtree posted:

I mean it looks cool and has co-op. It's a pretty good angle for even more cross-over content with devolver. Put some Payday in Shadow Warrior 2 and let Lo-Wang make dick jokes in Payday 2. Bonus points if he turns out to be Jiro's kid and the community has a goddamn shitfit over the canon in 2016.

Payday community, Shadow Warrior community? Or does it even matter?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Does Shadow Warrior have a community?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Shadow Warrior 2 comes out in a month. Time to start baseless speculation on a Lo Wang heister.

Look, if we're going to be dicks to cops we need more Wang.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
As an aside, I really hope Devolver bought the .wang TLD just for Shadow Warrior 2. whowantssome.wang is just too good of a domain name.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Danaru posted:

I'm looking to get back into this, haven't played since the original beta/shortly after launch, and holy dang the game's changed quite a bit :stare: Thanks for the run down on what's new in the OP :v:

Appreciate that, and any feedback. I mostly made it for new/returning people to not feel daunted as long as they could identify police and what guns do to police.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The fbi files site just updated - Garrett is asking about new special units, and is salty about the devs taking a vacation.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The fbi files site just updated - Garrett is asking about new special units, and is salty about the devs taking a vacation.

So - new special: Lo Wang, is what you're saying?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Were they actually on a vacation or just tied up with all the console stuff?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Geight posted:

Were they actually on a vacation or just tied up with all the console stuff?

Vacation, then console. I think the last of the devs are just returning from vacation now.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm bored, lets look at Lastbullet. Nevermind

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Vacation, then console. I think the last of the devs are just returning from vacation now.

I think it's nice that they all got to go on vacation for a bit, it's probably tiring to keep up with the constant dripfeed of Payday 2 content + however much resources The Walking Dead game takes + that other sci-fi shooter that they may or may not still be working on.

That said, I hope Crimefest has some serious stuff in it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is Crimefest a yearly thing or something?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's a yearly thing that happens sometime in Fall where we get a bunch of free updates to the game. Last year it generated a lot of ire by introducing the black market (crates+keys) system, but there was still a lot of fun free stuff.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Crimefest or no crimefest (last I heard this was a possibility) I am way ready for Safe House Nightmare.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I found Safe House Nightmare to be a bit dull but I actually liked Lab Rats, even if it's a hard map it's visually distinct and the vertical combat feels pretty unique. I hope they have another fun idea like that for this year.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I just want Safehouse Nightmare to come back so I can knock out those drat cheevos.

Edit: Oh, and I think in the same vein as White Xmas, Lab Rats, and Cook Off, we need an unlimited bag heist using Beneath the Mountain as the base. Add a second elevator shaft (or more ziplines to the existing elevator for bags) and go from there.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

It wouldn't be the first time Vlad had us raid a Murkywater base twice.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Geight posted:

It's a yearly thing that happens sometime in Fall where we get a bunch of free updates to the game. Last year it generated a lot of ire by introducing the black market (crates+keys) system, but there was still a lot of fun free stuff.

I really didn't get all the hullabaloo about that. :qq: "I only made $1.31 selling crates/skins that do nothing while never spending any money on drills/skins/safes." :qq:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I don't think we need to drag it up again, but let's say that for all the smoke there was a small amount of fire under there. And I do think it's fair to note that Overkill did a pretty drat good job of stepping back and acknowledging the faults and then fixing them.

...I am, of course, referring to the Crimefest weapon rebalance. gently caress, that was bad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

Yeah, for all the complaints last year's included 3 heists, 15 masks, a gun and 8 new/modified game mechanics/features. Plus there was a ton of other additions right around the same time before/after.