Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

69 G. Carinae, planet C4
Yes its 400k ls out there, but once you hit it you can stock up till you puke.

For Sothis i think the Anaconda is supreme to the cutter due to jump range.
Given, i didnt pimp my "dear god why did i do this" for jump range but combat, but i doubt it can out-do the 49.88ly of my conda.

Speaking of cutters, whats a good combat loadout?
Ive got 2med and 2 large beam turrets with "cools your ship while they hit" engineer upgrade on top,
And 2 med heal beams with a "part-explosive" Cannon in the huge harpoint in the chin that doesnt hit poo poo.

My cutter does 30ly with 640t of cargo fitted for combat against NPCs. Yeah it takes a few more jumps but I also can do an additional 2-4 missions with the extra cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Python is the best ship for long range cargo. You don't need to see if you need to find out if it's sent to stations. An outpost will have a medium landing pad. The downside is of course the jump range.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

Python is the best ship for long range cargo. You don't need to see if you need to find out if it's sent to stations. An outpost will have a medium landing pad. The downside is of course the jump range.

It'll say "Ship too large" before you can even accept the mission. Python's cargo capacity makes it awful for Sothis runs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FileNotFound posted:

My cutter does 30ly with 640t of cargo fitted for combat against NPCs.

How?!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

It'll say "Ship too large" before you can even accept the mission. Python's cargo capacity makes it awful for Sothis runs.

So me making 23mil in 90mins with the Python by accepting legal cargo missions in Sothis without even reloading the board was just a fluke?

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'

IAmTheRad posted:

So me making 23mil in 90mins with the Python by accepting legal cargo missions in Sothis without even reloading the board was just a fluke?

I think awful is definitely an exaggeration, as I've done pretty much exactly the same. If you happen to have a cargo fitted cutter there's no reason not to take it instead, but most people don't have one sitting around!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Don't bother with the USS unless you happen to find a good one. While looking for that, keep scanning your contacts list for any haulers (T-6/7/9, Hauler, Keelback maybe?) and just interdict them! Since you are already in an Anarchy system, it wont make any difference. There is a high population one near Momus Reach, I think it's called Qi Yomisii!
:eng101:

That's what I'm doing now but since it's worse-than-farming-Arsenic levels of slow I figured there was something wrong with the approach. I've never even seen a T9 outside of parking at stations. I guess if I'm just interdicting anyway then gently caress it I'll head over to an Anarchy system that's not in war/outbreak and whack the locals.

IAmTheRad posted:

That's pretty lucky to begin with, yes. Back before Ceos became usable I'd spend an hour flipping the Sothis board just to scrape in 20-24m on an Asp-E. My current best Ceos run in a conda is ~65m in two hours counting 36 minutes of board flipping with non-US loading times and the return trip. This is with a 44ly range, too, so it could definitely improve.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

I can make 60-90m in 2 hours with a Cutter. 22-25 minutes to go there and 30 to get back. 100% legal. And I do not need to run from any of the NPCs etc.

Tier 5 FSD will get you 30ly jump range without even going for low mass mods etc.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mailer posted:

That's pretty lucky to begin with, yes. Back before Ceos became usable I'd spend an hour flipping the Sothis board just to scrape in 20-24m on an Asp-E. My current best Ceos run in a conda is ~65m in two hours counting 36 minutes of board flipping with non-US loading times and the return trip. This is with a 44ly range, too, so it could definitely improve.

You're board flipping badly. Have all your friends make a private group and invite you to it. Get at least 3 private groups. Each will have it's own set of missions.
That will give you 5 chances to load up. I don't even need to go to Sothis AND CEOS to fill up.

If you don't have friends - PM me. I have 2 accounts I can add you to private groups on.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 12, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FileNotFound posted:

Tier 5 FSD will get you 30ly jump range without even going for low mass mods etc.

Again, how? Completely stripped down and with all D-rated and undersized components, it sits at 17 Ly laden. 50% from tier-5 FSD gets it to 25–26, maybe a tiny bit more with a lucky max-fuel use bonus… but that's still 5 Ly short before we've even added in anything that would make the trip even possible, much less anything that makes the ship even remotely combat-worthy.

How are you fitting it? Where are you getting the extra 2–3 base Ly range?

e: Or, wait, do you mean you have 640t capacity and a 30 Ly regular jump range, but obviously you get less once you start filling up? Because I read it as being able to do 30 Ly jumps while carting around 640t worth of cargo. :doh:

Tippis fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 12, 2016

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tippis posted:

e: Or, wait, do you mean you have 640t capacity and a 30 Ly regular jump range, but obviously you get less once you start filling up? Because I read it as being able to do 30 Ly jumps while carting around 640t worth of cargo. :doh:

Correct. 30ly empty. Not actually sure how low it drops when full. Frankly I don't think the time difference on travel to and from is as important as cargo capacity.

It takes at most 30 minutes to get there but you are looking at ~5 minutes per delivery in the bubble and that's really the bulk of the time spent.

At one point I timed my run:
Left Tau Ceti at 7:40
Docked at Ceos at 8:02
Left with full load of missions at 8:13 - Missions: http://imgur.com/a/5DYPa
Edit: Arrived at 1st station at 8:41 - took longer due to me posting here and getting interdicted and fighting the NPCs 3 times. I could have highwaked out but what would be the fun in that?
Edit2: Left 2nd station at 8:50. Profit so far: 34m.
Edit3: Jumping out of 3rd station. 8:59. Profit so far: 46m
Edit4: Station4 will be a delay - 3,300ly's from entry point
Edit5: Left station4. 9:06. Profit 61m
Edit6...Smith Reserve is 54,364ly away...that'll waste some time...
Edit7...Finally docking at Smith Reserve. 9:18. Got interdicted on the way there.
Edit8 - Last station Orbis Starport. 9:28 - another interdiction on way there added to the delay. Final turn in.
Total profits for this run: 88Mil in 1 hour and 50 minutes.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

FileNotFound posted:

Correct. 30ly empty. Not actually sure how low it drops when full. Frankly I don't think the time difference on travel to and from is as important as cargo capacity.

It takes at most 30 minutes to get there but you are looking at ~5 minutes per delivery in the bubble and that's really the bulk of the time spent.

Edit: Arrived at 1st station at 8:41 - took longer due to me posting here and getting interdicted and fighting the NPCs 3 times. I could have highwaked out but what would be the fun in that?
Edit7...Finally docking at Smith Reserve. 9:18. Got interdicted on the way there.
Edit8 - Last station Orbis Starport. 9:28 - another interdiction on way there added to the delay. Final turn in.

Yeah, this is roughly around what I average, about 75-90 mil in around 2 hours. I think people underestimate the relative value of cargo capacity for stuff like this. Better jump range on the Anaconda is great, but the main multiplier profit-wise is just how much stuff you can carry because two trips are always slower than one. 30 ly unladen-ish is zippy enough to get the job done (I'm at 28.5 I think, I need to go back to Elvira and scrub out a better roll).

I may hit you up in PM for private group invites for board flipping purposes, if you don't mind -- I could use a couple more.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

FileNotFound posted:

I was nodding and thinking "no poo poo" until I realised you meant ls, not ly.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Holy hell I need to get back to the bubble I've been out for over a year

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

If you don't have friends - PM me. I have 2 accounts I can add you to private groups on.

I play space games, of course I don't have friends! Also I thought selecting Private and Solo flipped you into entirely new missions anyway so there wasn't much point in having multiple private groups? If I can refresh better (and then add that to the AHK script) I'm down with that. Having the ability to flip boards five times faster would be awesome but it's still 60+ seconds per flip (not counting checking/accepting missions) for me just due to loading times. Filling the conda's hold in 36 minutes was super good given my historical times.

I guess at least with the Cutter you don't have to care about avoiding those ridiculous 80t and higher missions that pay poo poo per ton but still clock up 8-10m. That alone is going to save a significant chunk of board flips.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mailer posted:

I play space games, of course I don't have friends! Also I thought selecting Private and Solo flipped you into entirely new missions anyway so there wasn't much point in having multiple private groups? If I can refresh better (and then add that to the AHK script) I'm down with that. Having the ability to flip boards five times faster would be awesome but it's still 60+ seconds per flip (not counting checking/accepting missions) for me just due to loading times. Filling the conda's hold in 36 minutes was super good given my historical times.

I guess at least with the Cutter you don't have to care about avoiding those ridiculous 80t and higher missions that pay poo poo per ton but still clock up 8-10m. That alone is going to save a significant chunk of board flips.

Each private instance has it's own set of missions. If you switch open, private, open, - open will still have the same missions unless you got lucky and the referesh timer passed.

I do not take the 80t missions unless they are to a station I already have a mission at - otherwise it's not really worth it. In general anything less than 100k/ton is not worth hauling, but if you get a 16 ton for 3 mil mission and another mission to the same station for 80t for 6m the total haul becomes 9m for 96t which is not bad.
I've noticed that it's not uncommon to get 2-3 missions to the same station in each instance but really rare to have missions to the same station across multiple instances.

When I stared doing Sothis in my Python, I did stupid poo poo like come in at CEOS, fly to the Sothis outpost, then the Sothis station, then back to CEOS to get my final mission fill. It was a huge waste of time....now I just come to CEOS, refresh to fill up and leave.

You'll still need to do the CEOS <-> Sothis data transfer missions over and over to raise the faction standings to get the best missions, but that's only a day or so of bouncing around.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 12, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I'm mostly doing the mission running to be chill playing Space Trucking Simulator 3301.

Keep in mind that before I got the python I was glad to pull in about 1 million in about an hour of work, and that was in a HazRes before 2.1 hit. The CG that gave me 147mil changed me from going "oh god the grind to a new ship is going to kill me" to "well I now have a python."

I don't have the faction standing or money for a cutter. I don't have the faction for a clipper. Python has a hell of a lot more cargo than the Asp does. Doesn't jump as far, but that just means more exploration data to give to engineers that take exploration data.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm still in the "oh god the grind to a new ship is going to kill me" phase and yeah it drags on. I do have an Asp Explorer with 5A FSD now from jumping between Wu Guinagi and HIP 10716 too many times, no mods tho (I only unlocked tier 2 FSD upgrades and only have mats for the tier 1 one) so it still takes a while for those 400+ ly hauls.

What should a Sothis-run Asp-E look like? Because I think I'm doing something wrong (and yeah Sothis/Ceos are full of "smuggle this" "source that" and "transfer something else" missions and only few boom data deliveries for like 6k each, again :().

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

General Battuta posted:

gently caress engineers though, that poo poo sounds horrible.
This is mostly me, but even just unlocking the engineers and using the level 1 mods (because you can't be assed to get the materials for the better ones) is nice for things like thrusters, power plants and FSDs.

Speaking of, I remember a couple pages ago there was discussion about this but I can't find it, what's the best distributor mod assuming I'm going around shooting things?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

I'm still in the "oh god the grind to a new ship is going to kill me" phase and yeah it drags on. I do have an Asp Explorer with 5A FSD now from jumping between Wu Guinagi and HIP 10716 too many times, no mods tho (I only unlocked tier 2 FSD upgrades and only have mats for the tier 1 one) so it still takes a while for those 400+ ly hauls.

What should a Sothis-run Asp-E look like? Because I think I'm doing something wrong (and yeah Sothis/Ceos are full of "smuggle this" "source that" and "transfer something else" missions and only few boom data deliveries for like 6k each, again :().

"D" components are your friend because they are the lightest of all, meaning more jump range.
"A" is mandatory for the drive, everything else can be "D" grade.
If you want to minmax skip all weapons, take a chaff and a point defense for running away.
Take a reactor that delivers exactly as much power as you need to run the ship.
Capacitor can be D-grade too, might you cant boost though. Thats up to your liking.
Get the biggest FSD upgrade you can.
Get a fuel scoop and maybe if you think you can fit, an extra tank (saves time spent scooping).

Smuggle missions are a bit lucky dice, as the mission tells you not to deliver the stuff to ceos but to go to ceos and wait for further instructions.
Which in 4/5 cases means your new target system is somewhere in the bubble.

Check the cargo/payout, dont ever accept missions below 100k/ton. 200 is nice, 300 is very good.
The absolute best money/cargo missions are the 6-ton deliveries, worst are the 180s.
Calculate if youre better off going to 2 systems for 20millions or 5 systems for 40 mil. Usually the way to the bubble is the main time consumer, so once youre there, get as much poo poo done as you can.
Check stations in the mission board, not all missions to system A go to station 1.

Get a bigger ship (i will never not recommend the anaconda, but a python will do) when you can, Sothis fit costs less than 200mil (OHM CITY in system LHS 20 has 15% off ships, like anacondas, and related modules) and for the love of god keep 2x safety insurance at all times.
Good luck!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

This is mostly me, but even just unlocking the engineers and using the level 1 mods (because you can't be assed to get the materials for the better ones) is nice for things like thrusters, power plants and FSDs.

Speaking of, I remember a couple pages ago there was discussion about this but I can't find it, what's the best distributor mod assuming I'm going around shooting things?

Well, weapons-focused sounds like it would be good for shooting stuff but its only available up to T3, whereas charge enhance goes to T5:
http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/70 vs. http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprint/67

Also having engines not sucking rear end is a good thing while shooting spacemen, so i personally go for charge enhance as it feels better overall.
That is, if you have access to an Exquisite Focus Crystal, which means board flipping.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

Each private instance has it's own set of missions. If you switch open, private, open, - open will still have the same missions unless you got lucky and the referesh timer passed.

Yes, but if Solo and Private refresh every time wouldn't it be just as efficient to Solo->Private (Mailer)->repeat instead of going Solo->Private (Mailer)->Private (FileNotFound)->repeat? Assuming Private refreshes every time there wouldn't be a point to flipping five different friends' boards. Otherwise it would only be more efficient once you collected enough private games to join that the time to cycle them back around exceeded the server's refresh time.

orcane posted:

First off, just run out of Ceos. The haul missions appear to be much more plentiful from there. The key is you reset the mission board (which is what's being discussed above) to keep getting non-smuggling long haul missions. I had a much higher specced Asp (better Distributor, Biweave shields, etc) because I didn't know what things would be like on long hauls but if I had to do it over again I'd roll out there in this cheap sucker. That'll get you enough credits on it's own to buy whatever you want - whether it's an Anaconda because you want to be space rich or a combat ship because you want to shoot people. It more than pays for itself in a single run and the rebuy is dirt cheap.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

First off, just run out of Ceos. The haul missions appear to be much more plentiful from there. The key is you reset the mission board (which is what's being discussed above) to keep getting non-smuggling long haul missions. I had a much higher specced Asp (better Distributor, Biweave shields, etc) because I didn't know what things would be like on long hauls but if I had to do it over again I'd roll out there in this cheap sucker. That'll get you enough credits on it's own to buy whatever you want - whether it's an Anaconda because you want to be space rich or a combat ship because you want to shoot people. It more than pays for itself in a single run and the rebuy is dirt cheap.

Thanks for the hints. Yeah I was actually considering changing modules around almost like that, except with a docking computer instead of the 4t cargo rack (those are some huge docking computers...). I have a 5D shield generator on mine currently because I had no idea what to expect, so far I've never been hit more than once or twice after being interdicted (whoever designed NPCs allowing them to interdict you 10 Mm before reaching a station can go suck it BTW).

I already did the mission board shuffle (could always use more e-friends for private groups tho :v:), it's just full of lovely missions for me right now because I'm only neutral/cordial with the factions.

Definitely in for the "get space rich" thing though, because that allows me to buy new ships that can potentially shoot things (as in I expect to lose many ships that way).

Yolomon Wayne posted:

[...] and for the love of god keep 2x safety insurance at all times.
Good luck!

You mean keeping at least twice the rebuy cost in credits in reserve?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

Thanks for the hints. Yeah I was actually considering changing modules around almost like that, except with a docking computer instead of the 4t cargo rack (those are some huge docking computers...). I have a 5D shield generator on mine currently because I had no idea what to expect, so far I've never been hit more than once or twice after being interdicted (whoever designed NPCs allowing them to interdict you 10 Mm before reaching a station can go suck it BTW).

I already did the mission board shuffle (could always use more e-friends for private groups tho :v:), it's just full of lovely missions for me right now because I'm only neutral/cordial with the factions.

Definitely in for the "get space rich" thing though, because that allows me to buy new ships that can potentially shoot things (as in I expect to lose many ships that way).

You mean keeping at least twice the rebuy cost in credits in reserve?

You only need 2 refreshing instances, so solo and your own private group are totally fine.
2 hours of space-mailman between sothis and ceos should get you friendly with at least 2 factions, and this is where things start to get better exponentially.
Better faction = better missions = more money = better ship = even more missions = even more money ....
Allied isnt really needed as it only gives the high paying high cargo missions which we ideally dont wanna run since the payout per ton is awful.
So once you get 2 to friendly you could focus on the other 2, but theyll get there eventually even if you dont care.

Yes, keep 2x rebuy in your wallet at all times.
You never know when youre going to find yourself right in the smaller of 2 suns at your jump destination.
Dont worry, once you get sothis running you will stop worrying about money. My anaconda is at 9.5 mil rebuy right now. Even if you do it the lazy and inefficient way and pick up 2 x180 cargo for 10mil each that first run covers that on its own.

A good benchmark is 200 millions, as that will buy a Sothisconda with 2x insurance left over (always try to buy at -15% stations, -10% if you dont find one. Lower buy-cost = lower insurance on top)

e: This is what i run for Sothis and Engineer stuff: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=706,mpa0mI0mI01Q01Q,2-6QA09Y8SBaD88I,0Bk0AA0AA5227T45GQ5GQ0720722UI0nE
The scoop and tanks isnt necessary in that size, and could be exchanged for more cargo. I stil lfeel it makes for a faster journey as i literally never have to stop for fuel as all i need is gathered by skimming around the sun while turning towards the jump point.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 12, 2016

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mailer posted:

Yes, but if Solo and Private refresh every time wouldn't it be just as efficient to Solo->Private (Mailer)->repeat instead of going Solo->Private (Mailer)->Private (FileNotFound)->repeat? Assuming Private refreshes every time there wouldn't be a point to flipping five different friends' boards. Otherwise it would only be more efficient once you collected enough private games to join that the time to cycle them back around exceeded the server's refresh time.

I have not seen instances refresh just by reloading them. As in going Solo -> Private -> Solo will result in you seeing the same missions in Solo that you saw before. I would guess that missions are generated based on a seed and the seed is tied to the session. I saw this over and over when I was farming Empire faction, loading an instance I already checked would have the same missions I saw previously.

What I know for a fact is that switching between 3 different private instances gives me 3 sets of missions on top of the set in Open and Solo.

This is the Asp E I used to fly to Sothis: https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0patiFflidfsnf52727121224240303000005042t4002242f.Iw18WQ==.Aw18WQ==
It's not the best jump range but it can fight pretty well despite the 3A shield.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I can confirm that the best way to board flip is to switch in this way-

1. Open
2. Solo
3. Private 1
4. Solo
5. Private 2
6. Solo
7. Private 3
8. Solo
9. Goto 1

source: I'm a Duke

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is there a place where you can farm fed rep like empire rep in Wu Guinagi? Sothis/Ceos only have one fed faction so it's sort of slow.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

orcane posted:

Is there a place where you can farm fed rep like empire rep in Wu Guinagi? Sothis/Ceos only have one fed faction so it's sort of slow.

If you are a space-millionaire you can spam donation at a PRE-logistics support (alpha is the closest to the bubble)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Well - Frontier has confirmed what we have always known. 70% of ED playerbase are too stupid to value their own time:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/288348-Transfer-Poll-Results

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

FileNotFound posted:

Well - Frontier has confirmed what we have always known. 70% of ED playerbase are too stupid to value their own time:

The only plus side of added delivery times is that Sandro has said it would mean you could transfer your ship to anywhere, no restrictions (besides waiting). Sandro had mentioned that instant transfer would have not worked everywhere.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

FileNotFound posted:

70% of the playerbase on the E:D forums are too stupid to value their own time. I'm not sure if that's a majority of the game's active playerbase or not, and it's not like anything would change if it wasn't because :frontear: only listens to the forums.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Does the rank of missions affect how much it counts toward the naval rank? It appears it does not and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Get a Harmless mission to kill one Harmless dude, get 1/500th of a naval rank. Get an Elite mission to kill 60 Elite naval dudes, get 1/500th of a rank. Same think with your reputation with the subfaction, what is the motivation get any rep with any local factions? So they'll give you harder missions to get the same naval rank advancement? Oh because they give me 90k credits for doing them instead of 20k? What a joke!

(Long rang trading missions aside of course)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I hope 100% of the people who voted for it don't mind their transfer ships having weapon-induced technical issues :getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FileNotFound posted:

Ah well, for me personally at least nothing changes. Since I can move faster from one end of the bubble to the other than the planned transfer-times will last and since I don't own many ships, I can completely ignore this feature and nothing of value will be lost.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

CapnBry posted:

Does the rank of missions affect how much it counts toward the naval rank? It appears it does not and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Get a Harmless mission to kill one Harmless dude, get 1/500th of a naval rank. Get an Elite mission to kill 60 Elite naval dudes, get 1/500th of a rank. Same think with your reputation with the subfaction, what is the motivation get any rep with any local factions? So they'll give you harder missions to get the same naval rank advancement? Oh because they give me 90k credits for doing them instead of 20k? What a joke!

(Long rang trading missions aside of course)

also word has it that ANY donation gives the same progress.
25k as much as 1.000.000
I havent tested it personally, but a friend has and is pretty conviced they are right.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A splendid 'BREXIT' from Frontier there :smugmrgw:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FileNotFound posted:

Another British vote ruined by old people

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

frank.club posted:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

also word has it that ANY donation gives the same progress.
25k as much as 1.000.000
I havent tested it personally, but a friend has and is pretty conviced they are right.

It's true. The mission you do has zero impact on the faction gain. 1 mission completion gives you the same standing increase no matter how difficult it was.

This is why the best way to grind is either cheap donations or traveling 1 hop to turn in 20 data transfers.

The rank system is an incredibly broken and stupid grind that does not reward risk at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

frank.club posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56G2whjkdCU

• Locked thread