Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

Speaking of SCOTUS.. scalia is still dead and that's one appointment.
Just wait until the emails come out revealing that Clinton asked Obama not to nominate so that she could. Just joking but wouldn't that be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

NathanScottPhillips posted:

Just wait until the emails come out revealing that Clinton asked Obama not to nominate so that she could. Just joking but wouldn't that be something...

Wouldn't it be something if we all grew horns out of our anuses? Just joking but wouldn't that be something...

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just wait until the emails come out revealing that Clinton asked Obama not to nominate so that she could. Just joking but wouldn't that be something...

Obama already nominated someone. Months ago.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Who the gently caress are you? Did you just finish Atlas Shrugged and decided to try your hand at DaD?

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

Wouldn't it be something if we all grew horns out of our anuses? Just joking but wouldn't that be something...

why are you acting like what he posted is unrealistic?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ideally I would like my president to be active, healthy, and young especially. Gary Johnson is two of those things at least.

maybe we should prioritize things like policy, intelligence, and not being a horrific threat to free society over how fuckable they are

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

Who the gently caress are you? Did you just finish Atlas Shrugged and decided to try your hand at DaD?
No I just pointed out the hypocrisy of criticizing anyone who called out Clinton's health problems, and then took on the dawgpile at 1:30 am.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Because as people have said they have their man as VP and a huge part of the Republican electorate has gone back and forth with Trump already and have had to bite their tongue. I never accused Hillary of having a stroke, I accused her of having a traumatic brain injury, blood clot in her brain, multiple uncontrollable coughing fits on TV, and her recent loss of consciousness and diagnosis of pneumonia. I don't think I have been challenged on any of those points yet.

Ideally I would like my president to be active, healthy, and young especially. Gary Johnson is two of those things at least.

Tim Kaine is half a decade younger than Gary Johnson and active and healthy. :colbert:

So really, you should be delighted that Abuela is about to die any day now and commend the Democratic Party into the hands of America's Dorky Dad.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Because as people have said they have their man as VP and a huge part of the Republican electorate has gone back and forth with Trump already and have had to bite their tongue. I never accused Hillary of having a stroke, I accused her of having a traumatic brain injury, blood clot in her brain, multiple uncontrollable coughing fits on TV, and her recent loss of consciousness and diagnosis of pneumonia. I don't think I have been challenged on any of those points yet.

You have the reasoning of a five year old. If they were capable of getting away with impeaching him, they would have just not let him get nominated in the first place. Trump is going to rubber stamp everything they put in front of his desk, and any of the crazy poo poo he wants to do on top of that they'll completely go along with 100% because they're all afraid of getting primaried.

What do you think a stroke is?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

You really think that they'll go after their own President, who is massively popular with their base, so that they can put a near non-entity into power? And this is your argument for voting Trump, not an argument for voting against him? Really?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Augus posted:

maybe we should prioritize things like policy, intelligence, and not being a horrific threat to free society over how fuckable they are
Let's all vote Gary Johnson 2016! I agree.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ahaahahahahahhaahhahaaahahahahahhahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

"What's Aleppo?"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No I just pointed out the hypocrisy of criticizing anyone who called out Clinton's health problems, and then took on the dawgpile at 1:30 am.

Huh?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

You really think that they'll go after their own President, who is massively popular with their base, so that they can put a near non-entity into power? And this is your argument for voting Trump, not an argument for voting against him? Really?
I'm not going to vote for him nor do I want anyone to, but I'd rather him than Clinton, yes.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hmm yes a republican + weed.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there it is, I knew it
this is why libertarians were a mistake

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Augus posted:

there it is, I knew it
this is why libertarians were a mistake
Double digits 2016 here we come!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

I'm not going to vote for him nor do I want anyone to, but I'd rather him than Clinton, yes.

I mean, I know you buy into some conspiracy theories. But to be that bad, she'd have to literally be Sauron.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So he's someone even worse/stupider than a Trump voter, a libertarian.

That makes sense.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Stop putting meaningful effort into engaging with the accelerationist libertarian Johnson/Trump supporter. :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

your stunning display of pants-making GBS threads stupidity sure has me convinced! looks like I'm definitely voting for the liberta:laffo:
good night, you precious child you.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who would have thought that libertarians were fundamentally okay with Authoritarianism as long as it's for non whites.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Hodgepodge posted:

I mean, I know you buy into some conspiracy theories. But to be that bad, she'd have to literally be Sauron.

Look, Clinton will be worse than Trump, because Trump will be stymied at every turn by a responsible Republican legislature, but Clinton is somehow so corrupt, that she'll be able to bypass that check... somehow, and institute a thousand years of liberal darkness. On the other hand, Trump will definitely be impeached, and then they'll have Pence as president, who agrees with everything they want, and they'll all work together to institute their hideously awful agenda. Vote Gary Johnson, who is just a Pence who doesn't know what the Middle East is and wants to smoke weed.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Lightning Knight posted:

Stop putting meaningful effort into engaging with the accelerationist libertarian Johnson/Trump supporter. :colbert:

You're right, what was I thinking?!

Parting shot though: Libertarianism is literally conservatism but even more morally bankrupt.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hodgepodge posted:

Gorthaur the Appropriately Pragmatic In Interrogation Techniques has impeccable credentials on defense and homeland security, and was one of the greatest surveillance technology pioneers of his time.

I'm not saying he'd be a great President, but he drat sure deserves a spot in the Clinton Cabinet.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

NewMars posted:

You're right, what was I thinking?!

Parting shot though: Libertarianism is literally conservatism but even more morally bankrupt.

Somehow, they always all end up arguing that the age of consent is state sanctioned violence against their beliefs. So weird.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kro-Bar posted:

Aren't we already Democrats?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

Sauron was fine with minorities so he'd be better than Trump though.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lemming posted:

Somehow, they always all end up arguing that the age of consent is state sanctioned violence against their beliefs. So weird.

:qq: why should I be judged for being into anime girls who are underage? They're 700 years old in story. No those weren't pictures of my little sister in my room next to a tissue box, you saw nothing.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

semper wifi posted:

why are you acting like what he posted is unrealistic?

Surely you must be joking. Wouldn't that be something.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ahhhh we all have been at the bottom of a 0130 dog pile at some point. I'm not one to kink shame.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I have to say there was a fun little arc to this meltdown.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!
Has Hillary forged a Ruling Ring, allowing her to dominate the wills of those who hold the other Rings of Power, and through them, all of Middle Earth?

Just asking questions.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hodgepodge posted:

Has Hillary forged a Ruling Ring, allowing her to dominate the wills of those who hold the other Rings of Power, and through them, all of Middle Earth?

Just asking questions.

She got a green one out of a cereal box one time. Witnesses say they saw her pretending to be the Green Lantern with a group of children for the next two hours. :3:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hm yes, this thread has had the argument dozens of times about whether or not Hillary "stole" the nomination from Bernie

but this

this time I'll be the one to convince them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Hm yes, this thread has had the argument dozens of times about whether or not Hillary "stole" the nomination from Bernie

but this

this time I'll be the one to convince them

Look a very embarrassing meltdown is a natural part of everyone who was both a Bernie Sanders supporters and completely nuts' natural transition into a corncob.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Look a very embarrassing meltdown is a natural part of everyone who was both a Bernie Sanders supporters and completely nuts' natural transition into a corncob.

I'm pretty sure that libertarian wasn't actually a Bernie supporter, it was just something he could use to bitch about Hillary

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Andrast posted:

I'm pretty sure that libertarian wasn't actually a Bernie supporter, it was just something he could use to bitch about Hillary

It IS hard to tell the difference at this point I will admit.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Yinlock posted:

It IS hard to tell the difference at this point I will admit.

Libertarians aren't really known for following logic so it could have been both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

The two party system is a brilliant political theater to lock our country in place. We have representatives in the Senate and Congress since the 1950s, 95% are lawyers. All they do all day is lawyer-talk each other in public all day, then laugh and joke in private all night. Politically, our country is in the same place is was half a century ago. Arguing about women's equality, the environment, and middle east oil.

You want to put Hillary Clinton in charge, she is the definition of status quo.

Let's get 4 or 5 parties or more into the mix and then we can have a government that represents us like the best parts of the rest of the world.
You forgot the part where you explain how voting for Trump and locking in a GOP SCOTUS for the next twenty years is going to change any of that, and also to the extent electing Trump would change things up, you've failed to show how it would change anything for the better.

• Locked thread