Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah but that's not what I was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

The idea that black people should just have to meekly accept being hassled by the cops for no reason other than that a bunch of dipshits are suspicious of all black people is pretty racist, actually.

seuraavan kerran kun kytät pysäyttää mun auton ja haluaa nähdä mun ajokortin, niin alan huutamaan että ne on rasisteja

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

Yeah but that's not what I was talking about.

It's literally what you're talking about. How the gently caress do you think that ulkomaalaisvalvonta works?

Hogge Wild posted:

seuraavan kerran kun kytät pysäyttää mun auton ja haluaa nähdä mun ajokortin, niin alan huutamaan että ne on rasisteja

En epäile.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's literally what you're talking about. How the gently caress do you think that ulkomaalaisvalvonta works?

Cerebral Bore posted:

The idea that black people should just have to meekly accept being hassled by the cops for no reason other than that a bunch of dipshits are suspicious of all black people is pretty racist, actually.

That's what you said, and if, for example, the cops are looking for people who have gone underground after being told to go back to where they came from, then I would think that it is idiotic to not focus the search on non-white people. This is different from being on a regular patrol and stopping every foreign-looking person just because.

Now whether this kind of escapee search is effective at all is a different discussion, but that's besides the point in my opinion. Combining different debates into one just muddies issues.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

SnowblindFatal posted:

Has it already gotten to the point where black people are more likely to be Finland-born than white people? I'd be amazed if this was the case, but given hard enough evidence, I'd be willing to believe it.

No chance of that, but then there's plenty of foreign born black people who either have citizenship or permit of residency. Then anyway I presume that only a fraction of people staying here illegally are black so to racially profile only black people is both ineffective AND discriminatory and helps making all black people feel uneasy when they see cops. It'd be like if cops were fighting street prostitution by checking the papers of every woman who goes out dressed sluttily on a Friday night.

Now if ulkomaalaispoliisi is looking for a specific person and they see someone who fits the description then that's a different matter.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

That's what you said, and if, for example, the cops are looking for people who have gone underground after being told to go back to where they came from, then I would think that it is idiotic to not focus the search on non-white people. This is different from being on a regular patrol and stopping every foreign-looking person just because.

Now whether this kind of escapee search is effective at all is a different discussion, but that's besides the point in my opinion. Combining different debates into one just muddies issues.

So in other words, as long as the government has decided to send the cops on some dumbass witch hunt in order to appease some dipshits, black people should indeed just have to meekly accept being hassled by the cops for no reason? Because this is literally what happens.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

So in other words, as long as the government has decided to send the cops on some dumbass witch hunt in order to appease some dipshits, black people should indeed just have to meekly accept being hassled by the cops for no reason? Because this is literally what happens.

joo, poliisien ei pitäisi etsiä rikollisia

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well considering that the alternative for the policemen tasked for this gig is to just sip coffee in a local ABC, I would say that yes, they are barking at the wrong tree and should instead be throwing molotovs into eduskuntatalo and Paslian poliisitalo.

Otherwise you're just yelling at the level 1 tech support guy who didn't have a chance of successfully doing his job in the first place.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hogge Wild posted:

joo, poliisien ei pitäisi etsiä rikollisia

:agreed:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
From the looks of things, cops should start arresting each other at random and it might be more likely to find actual criminals.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SnowblindFatal posted:

Well considering that the alternative for the policemen tasked for this gig is to just sip coffee in a local ABC, I would say that yes, they are barking at the wrong tree and should instead be throwing molotovs into eduskuntatalo and Paslian poliisitalo.

Otherwise you're just yelling at the level 1 tech support guy who didn't have a chance of successfully doing his job in the first place.

None of what you say here makes a policy that results in people who don't pass the paper bag test being hassled for no reason less racist, though. Maybe it's a bad policy and should be changed?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I'm sorry but I'm kind of lost here. Am I being strawmanned right now?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Being asked for ID = Witchhunt and being hassled. Cerebral Bore's views well grounded in reality again.

Of course the idea that the police can somehow do ulkomaalaisvalvonta without ethnic profiling is almost as lol. But if you're just asking people for ID, what the hell is the problem?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Being asked for ID = Witchhunt and being hassled. Cerebral Bore's views well grounded in reality again.

Of course the idea that the police can somehow do ulkomaalaisvalvonta without ethnic profiling is almost as lol. But if you're just asking people for ID, what the hell is the problem?

ongelma on se että jos poliisi kysyy papereita, kyseessä on aina joka tapauksessa rasismi

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's kinda funny that we're sitting here in the year twenty-loving-sixteen and people are unironically going "well obviously the police need to racially profile and specifically go after minorities to do their jobs" only to complain about that they get called racist in the very next breath.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

ongelma on se että jos poliisi kysyy papereita, kyseessä on aina joka tapauksessa rasismi

No it's ok if they harass everyone equally. The cops should have enforcement campaigns in which they build a roadblock across Mannerheimintie and stop all commuters with a friendly "papers please"

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
I unironically want cops to start IDing everybody during their homeland security razzias. The backlash from the angry whitey would be furious and amazing.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's kinda funny that we're sitting here in the year twenty-loving-sixteen and people are unironically going "well obviously the police need to racially profile and specifically go after minorities to do their jobs" only to complain about that they get called racist in the very next breath.

Ugh yeah it's so problematic that in current year people don't realize what shitlords the police are when they harass and stalk minorities by occasionally (rarely) asking for id

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mommy-Barbarian is full of poo poo at least. The police spat on her, really? That might be something that's common in her native culture, but I've never ever heard of it happening around here. She should've come up with a better story for pity points.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
In not immigrant-related finnchat, I got to take a look at the upcoming article by Long Play about "kuntouttava työtoiminta." Jesus loving christ.

How would you feel working at an industrial laundry for 9 euros a day?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I always start a fist fight if the police try to accost me no matter the reason.

Then I tell everyone I was oppressed and hopefully get on the news and the television.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Kemper Boyd posted:

In not immigrant-related finnchat, I got to take a look at the upcoming article by Long Play about "kuntouttava työtoiminta." Jesus loving christ.

How would you feel working at an industrial laundry for 9 euros a day?

Yeah the immigration discussion is a nice distraction from the things that actually matter. Our employment policies aren't based in any sort of reality. The upcoming interview circus they're threatening of is just icing on the shitcake.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Osallistava sosiaaliturva, at my best guess, is intended to make being unemployed even more miserable and shameful. This lets Kok minded people feel morally superior and punishes elämänantapaintiaanis who would spend all their time smoking weed without these obligations.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
A choice outtake from the article:

quote:

VIIME MARRASKUUSSA Vantaan apulaiskaupunginjohtaja Niinistö
antoi Kuntalehdellehaastattelun, jossa hän sanoi, että Reeli-pesulan
tarkoitus on ihmisten työllistäminen eikä rahojen säästäminen.
Se ei ollut totta: kaupunginhallituksen pöytäkirjoista selviää,
että koko hanke sai alkunsa nimenomaan pesulapalveluiden
säästötarpeesta.
Joulukuussa 2012 kaupunginjohtaja Kari Nenonen (sd.)
oli asettanut työryhmän selvittämään, miten kaupungin
puhtauspalveluiden korkeat kustannukset saataisiin kuriin. Tarkoitus
oli myös selvittää, miten kaupungin korjaustoiminta ja vaatehuolto
voitaisiin järjestää ”kustannusten alentamiseksi” niin, että ne
perustuisivat ”pääsääntöisesti työllisyyspalveluiden toimintaan” –
käytännössä siis työttömien työpanokseen.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
lmao

fair play

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

All I am doing is describing what you are doing. You are the only one interested in having any sort of an narrative or talking about them in the first place. Here is another thing based on what you are doing too: After like 100+ posts of impotent rage on several separate occasions - again all occasions started by you - you don't get to claim "low effort" either, you obsessive weirdo.

all you're doing is coming up with novel bullshit excuses why you're totally not grasping at straws. also you don't get to claim what i get to claim

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nauta posted:

all you're doing is coming up with novel bullshit excuses why you're totally not grasping at straws. also you don't get to claim what i get to claim

Actual things that have happened and that anyone can see simply by following your post history aren't "bullshit excuses". Can't erase them by being really mad about it. You are the only one constantly starting this poo poo. A fact that is not going anywhere.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Actual things that have happened and that anyone can see simply by following your post history aren't "bullshit excuses". Can't erase them by being really mad about it. You are the only one constantly starting this poo poo. A fact that is not going anywhere.

Nauta posted:

you could have just typed "no u" in stead you know

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DarkCrawler posted:

Those sound like words that won't keep you making my point, though?

thanks again, by the way!

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
:tipshat:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Fennovoima's "liaison officer" talks to Säteilyturvakeskus, Finland's center for radiation safety, and subsequently gets himself fired by the board. Murky enough so far, but then they try and lie about it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
mites se putinin ydinvoimalahanke suomessa etenee, en ole vähään aikaan seurannut

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Hogge Wild posted:

mites se putinin ydinvoimalahanke suomessa etenee, en ole vähään aikaan seurannut

I bet 5 bux on it opening maybe 2021

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Hogge Wild posted:

lievästi paremmin kuin arevan ikuisuusprojekti

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
You know, I was just thinking the other day. For some hosed up reason, none of the leftist parties support nuclear power. This leaves all nuclear power projects in the hands of our most corrupt parties. Then we have these kinds of complete disasters.

Not saying that there's a direct causality, but there might be!

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Double Bill posted:

Mommy-Barbarian is full of poo poo at least. The police spat on her, really? That might be something that's common in her native culture, but I've never ever heard of it happening around here.
I was once drinking with some people I knew through a hobby and one of guys who was a police got shitfaced and was probably most obnoxious openly racist rear end in a top hat I've ever known and some of my childhood friends were neonazis and skinheads so baseline is quite high already. At least neonazis mostly refrained from calling women "loving rubber lips niggers" in front of their children.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1473645631773

aaand get ready for the great shitstorm of our age

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Double Bill posted:

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1473645631773

aaand get ready for the great shitstorm of our age

Step out of the echo chamber.