Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Uub and probably Bra aren't canon anymore and that actually sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There's a lot of really bad justification for a bad theory here

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Nah, I think Buu is 100% true immortal. The only reason that Kid Buu was able to be disintegrated was because it was not the "primary" Buu. Like, if you cut off Zamasus arm, and he grew a new one. It wouldn't violate his immortality if you could destroy the arm that was cut off.

Kid buu was pretty clearly the primary buu though?

Fat buu was an amalgam created when the original (kid) buu stated absorbing people. Eventually he got so pissed off that he ended up fighting with himself and suppressing the 'good' part in favour of the evil which led to super buu. You take fat buu out of the equation entirely and you are left with the original purely malevolent form.

If anything fatty is an offshoot that came about as a result of absorption the same way that super buu did.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The real question is what is kid buys powerlevel

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Namtab posted:

The real question is what is kid buys powerlevel

I'm going to say at least over 9000.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

dogs named Charlie posted:

Uub and probably Bra aren't canon anymore and that actually sucks.

Uub is canon because he's in DBZ.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This is dbz super its all about majin blue

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Namtab posted:

But kid buu is the original buu. You can't say he can't be destroyed when he was very visibly destroyed

This definitely. Kid Buu is the original, fat ( Good Buu ) is what is left of the fat Kaioshin he absorbed.

E: whoops didn't see the new page.

Rodyle posted:

Uub is canon because he's in DBZ.

He was also brought up in Super too during the tournament arc.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This definitely. Kid Buu is the original, fat ( Good Buu ) is what is left of the fat Kaioshin he absorbed.

Is Fat Buu a Kaioshin? According to the Clause, is Fat Buu now Santa?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Maple Leaf posted:

is Fat Buu now Santa?

yes

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I think part of what adds to the confusion is that Majin Buu emerges from his egg as the fat version, and later becomes Kid Buu.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 12, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kid Buu isn't the original Buu. He is the ultimate transformation of the Evil Buu that Fat Buu spat out when Mr Satan was shot. The evil Buu absorbed Fat Buu for a time, but he got out and was always the original Buu.

Super Buu/Kid Buu is just some weird thing the real Buu spat out. Like one of those clones Gokenks can make. The real Buu was never killed.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

Kid Buu isn't the original Buu. He is the ultimate transformation of the Evil Buu that Fat Buu spat out when Mr Satan was shot. The evil Buu absorbed Fat Buu for a time, but he got out and was always the original Buu.

Super Buu/Kid Buu is just some weird thing the real Buu spat out. Like one of those clones Gokenks can make. The real Buu was never killed.

I seem to recall Kid Buu being the original, and then after absorbing the fat Kaio, he became fat buu..

From the wiki ( Not the greatest of sources, but it has references! ):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majin_Boo#cite_note-Vol42-21 posted:

This results in the Majin Boo that they entered reverting to his original child-sized form, who is obsessed with chaos and destruction and immediately destroys the Earth.[21]

Reference 21 posted:

Toriyama, Akira (2006). "Chapters 503–519". Dragon Ball, Volume 42 (Dragon Ball Z, Volume 26). Viz Media. pp. 7–243. ISBN 1-4215-0636-X.

So it's pretty clear the Kid Buu form is the original.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kid Buu is the original, but only the anime explains why I think.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Theres a flashback to kid buu killing all the kaio isn't there?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kild posted:

Theres a flashback to kid buu killing all the kaio isn't there?

I know for a fact they have this in the Anime, but the Manga, I haven't read that far. According to the wiki it's in there.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

READ THE loving MANGA

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

So we sort of know what Soulja Boy is, finally. Zamasu wished for a servant "as strong as Goku." Proving yet again how stupid the gods are in Dragon Ball. Why not wish for a servant even slightly stronger than Goku? Or wish yourself to be stronger?! Anyway, he used a time-ring to fast-forward a year and immediately make a second wish for immortality.

Overall, kind of a boring explanation, but there's still the lingering question of why Soulja Boy's ki feels like Zamasu's.

Spoilers regarding the latest episode:
If Dragon Ball cared about consistency (it doesn't) this wouldn't make sense, as far as we know. It would mean that this timeline's Zamasu was triggered by meeting Goku, but in Trunk's timeline Goku has been dead for years and the situation of future Black coming back to earth from a further future hasn't occurred, thus the Black and Zamasu from that timeline would have no discernible reason to exist in that era.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

Spoilers regarding the latest episode:
If Dragon Ball cared about consistency (it doesn't) this wouldn't make sense, as far as we know. It would mean that this timeline's Zamasu was triggered by meeting Goku, but in Trunk's timeline Goku has been dead for years and the situation of future Black coming back to earth from a further future hasn't occurred, thus the Black and Zamasu from that timeline would have no discernible reason to exist in that era.

Thats assuming that Zamasu is actually from Trunks' timeline and not from the Goku timeline and using the time ring to be in Trunks'

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Why are we spoilering this stuff? Anyway, I figure Zamasu is using Trunks' timeline as a test run, so to speak, on this whole "vaporize all mortals" thing. Or that, as an off shoot timeline, no one above him in the hierarchy will give a poo poo about stopping him from wasting all life in this universe. After that he thinks he'll show them his utopia and be like "See? Isn't this so much more orderly? We should do this everywhere."

Also I kinda feel like after this all sort of starts to get the attention of the higher planes, someone's gonna want to erase Trunks' offshoot timeline, and the main cast will be like "oh poo poo" and then someone'll have the great idea to turn Trunks' timeline into its own Universe with the Super Dragon Balls.

Also my OC White Goku will show up and he'll turn Super Saiyan Orange and totally kick Zamasu's rear end.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Nah, I think Buu is 100% true immortal. The only reason that Kid Buu was able to be disintegrated was because it was not the "primary" Buu. Like, if you cut off Zamasus arm, and he grew a new one. It wouldn't violate his immortality if you could destroy the arm that was cut off.

nah like people have said, kid buu is the original buu and fat buu is like an offshoot. he can die, it's just really hard to do. kid buu died to the spirit bomb because he was pure evil and the spirit bomb is super effective against evil

goku used focus blast against kid buu. it's super effective

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like to think Fat Buu is literally just Dai-Kaioshin underneath a thick coating of chewing gum.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like to think Fat Buu is literally just Dai-Kaioshin underneath a thick coating of chewing gum.

Minus 100IQ

Edit: ˅˅˅

That's a good point, although I would assume that to qualify for godship you would at least need some degree of mental competence.

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 12, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

Minus 100IQ

...Do we know that? What do we know about Dai-Kaio other than "Was fat, nice, got eated by Buff Buu?"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I think it's implied he was smart enough to know they couldn't win, and thus sacrificed himself with the intent to use his own incredibly kind and gentle personality to tone Buu down.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If Buu absorbed Bulma would he become Princess Bubblegum?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rutibex posted:

If Buu absorbed Bulma would he become Princess Bubblegum?

This is a whole different timeline and explains that big chunk taken out of the earth when they zoom out...

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

With Buu, they couldn't just simply "destroy" him, they had to erase his ki with a powerful enough ki blast. Destroying him just results in him reforming, which is what we see with Piccolo/Gotenks. Someone powerful enough could create a ki blast that was large enough to erase his ki if they did it correctly, but they had to be reaaallly powerful, or use something like the plot device genki dama, which specifically counters evil. This was said a couple of times in the saga.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

READ THE loving MANGA

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Couldn't Black just be the Goku from Universe 6 since Beerus brought Earth 2 back at the end of the last tournament?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Marky Marx posted:

Couldn't Black just be the Goku from Universe 6 since Beerus brought Earth 2 back at the end of the last tournament?

universe six's earth was loong dead and saiyans weren't shipping out babies anyway also it doesn't work that way at all

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The two universes don't have the same people in them either, Frost and Frieza filled similar roles but were entirely different people. Saiyans still living on their original homeworld probably means history is divergent enough that Goku, Vegeta, etc were not born in that universe

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So we don't believe he wished for black with the dragon balls? It seemed plausible.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So
https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20160912_4507

Apparently they're adding CROSS GAME multiplayer to these 3DS DBZ and One Piece games. As in, if you have the DBZ one you can fight someone else with their One Piece game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RBX posted:

So we don't believe he wished for black with the dragon balls? It seemed plausible.

it's plausible but we don't know if it's what actually happened yet. unless it's contradicted it's probably the truth

the specifics of the wish and why black has zamasu-flavored ki are unclear though so the wish might have been phrased a particular way that will be important

the characters have made some guesses about things and been wrong already (black is not zamasu himself, for example) so we cant just assume Whis is 100% right

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Sep 12, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rodyle posted:

So

Apparently they're adding CROSS GAME multiplayer to these 3DS DBZ and One Piece games. As in, if you have the DBZ one you can fight someone else with their One Piece game.

so this is basically like one big dbz VS one piece fighting game now? but the roster is split across two games?

or am i misunderstanding what this means

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Apparently, yes.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Marky Marx posted:

I'm still going with the idea that Black is just Goku revived by Zamasu by pouring his god ki into him. Dude needed a dead Goku for that so he went to an off-shoot timeline where he was already dead. The show invites you to come up with more theories by pointing out the holes in its own anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

The show invites you to come up with more theories by pointing out the holes in its own anyway.

I like it, its a new direction for Dragonball. Back in DBZ there would be an exposition dump at the beginning, and the rest of the show would be 100% fight mans. Now it is more like the structure of LOST. Every episode vaguely explains one mystery, but introduces three more to speculate about!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rodyle posted:

So

Neat! There was something like this with some of the Mega Man Battle Network games and the Boktai games, you could do multiplayer battles that were essentially "try to kill a vampire while sending poo poo at your opponent to slow them down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't "get" One Piece. My wife and I have taken to watching One Punch Man and Hunter x Hunter on Toonami late on Saturday nights and we can't stand anything we've seen in One Piece. The last episode was the long nosed guy voiced by Krillin's voice actor using a slingshot to fight some flying clown chick with a stupid laugh (a-hur hur hur or something like that) while Luffy was fighting a bowling pin shaped vampire. Dumbest poo poo I've ever seen..

• Locked thread