Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tiler Kiwi posted:

you could silence me and i would legit not notice

only flames ive been involved in was one yesterday with a korean stack on my team. i picked hanzo because im poo poo and they chatted over the mic a bit about "HANJO", shifting into english ("HANJO, CHANGE") and I ignored them. at the end of the round we lost but i had gold elims so i decided to be a bit of a poo poo when i heard them chatter on the mic again about HANJO

"11 elims also those one islands totally belong to japan and not korea"

they were quiet, then one guy on the mic opened it, sat there for around ten seconds, then just said in a thick accent "Hanjo... your mother"

i sent then a <3 because i love them, they were the best

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am in the bottom half and I know I am trash at this game but Lucio and Winston will carry me through this to my true elo

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The Dokdo are actually Korean you piece of poo poo

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tokto, in the sea of Japan, belongs to Japan.

(I have no opinion on this at all actually. But it's important to know both spellings/names so you can piss off the right people.)

Do Euro players ever just drop poo poo like "Macdeonia best nation, gently caress to Serbia" or whatever and see if it works?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 12, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Duck and Cover posted:

Oh no profanity!

Imo id rather have ragers than people who throw games. I was harsh, for sure towards that reaper, but ehhh. Silence worthy i dunno. I think they just looked for any instance of profanity and used that as evidence rather than context.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jastiger posted:

Imo id rather have ragers than people who throw games. I was harsh, for sure towards that reaper, but ehhh. Silence worthy i dunno. I think they just looked for any instance of profanity and used that as evidence rather than context.

This is why you play with goons and keep your criticism in voice chat. Then you get the benefit of making your team mad at you for dumb reasons while also not getting silenced by blizzard.

If you queue with pubbies you deserve to get squelched.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAUXTON posted:

This is why you play with goons and keep your criticism in voice chat. Then you get the benefit of making your team mad at you for dumb reasons while also not getting silenced by blizzard.

If you queue with pubbies you deserve to get squelched.

Thats part if my criticism though. If its bad it should be bad all the time. If its not, then why punish here and not there? Also its really dumb that the silence silences GROUP chat so i cant even communicate with my team i queued with.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The mei bridge is the best thing I've ever seen

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Do Euro players ever just drop poo poo like "Macdeonia best nation, gently caress to Serbia" or whatever and see if it works?

Anyone from Eastern Europe is either Russian or German.
Portugese people are Spanish.
Spanish people are Mexican.
Italians are Portugese.
Germans lost wars.
The Danish are Dutch.
The Swedish are Dutch.
The Finnish are Dutch.
The Norwegians are Dutch.
The Dutch are Belgian.
The French are the French BECAUSE THAT IS INSULT ENOUGH.
Turks are Greek.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
As someone who dismissed this game after trying out the beta: man was I wrong. This game is awesome, even though I've only really given D.Va and Pharah a chance.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

you could silence me and i would legit not notice

only flames ive been involved in was one yesterday with a korean stack on my team. i picked hanzo because im poo poo and they chatted over the mic a bit about "HANJO", shifting into english ("HANJO, CHANGE") and I ignored them. at the end of the round we lost but i had gold elims so i decided to be a bit of a poo poo when i heard them chatter on the mic again about HANJO

"11 elims also those one islands totally belong to japan and not korea"

they were quiet, then one guy on the mic opened it, sat there for around ten seconds, then just said in a thick accent "Hanjo... your mother"

i sent then a <3 because i love them, they were the best

Lmao. This is great.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Holy poo poo thats cool

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Technetium posted:

Holy poo poo thats cool

:newlol:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If lucio was near the front and just booped them all back.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I was playing Mei the other day and a D.Va tried to escape me by boosting up to an overhang on Volskaya and I just ran after, wall-boosting my self to chase her down for the finish. Wall-boosting around Hanamura opened up some new routes for me as well, I'm going to have to get used to it as a skill.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I was playing Mei the other day and a D.Va tried to escape me by boosting up to an overhang on Volskaya and I just ran after, wall-boosting my self to chase her down for the finish. Wall-boosting around Hanamura opened up some new routes for me as well, I'm going to have to get used to it as a skill.

Seagull fucks around with Mei on occasion and he does this all the time.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

This one's pretty obvious but on Anubis defense if you hug the left wall from spawn you can bridge the gap and come in on the backside of A. Usually the capping team is focused on the door so you can surprise anyone capping the point. Bonus points if you spawn with a teammate and have them follow you.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMJPtcJ0ApE

Hanjo...is.........good?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jastiger posted:

Thats part if my criticism though. If its bad it should be bad all the time. If its not, then why punish here and not there? Also its really dumb that the silence silences GROUP chat so i cant even communicate with my team i queued with.

Because blizzard isn't going to go into your computer and uninstall discord/mumble and probably doesn't have the resources to play hall monitor with voice chat? I mean if you're going to make it so that poo poo can be screenshotted and chatlogged and put in a complaint to blizzard then maybe you should consider the format rather than the message, if you're unwilling or unable to see "defeat" come up without verbally pointing fingers.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So some friends and I were chatting about overwatch and what it would be like if there were doubles matches. We made plans to try this in custom (is this possible?), but I'm of the opinion that Soldier+anyone would be amazing. Particularly a soldier+dva team. I was informed that reaper+mei would be best. What do you think of our harebrained schemes and crackpot imaginations? What combos would you come up with, or is doubles stupid in overwatch? Please share your thoughts.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAUXTON posted:

Because blizzard isn't going to go into your computer and uninstall discord/mumble and probably doesn't have the resources to play hall monitor with voice chat? I mean if you're going to make it so that poo poo can be screenshotted and chatlogged and put in a complaint to blizzard then maybe you should consider the format rather than the message, if you're unwilling or unable to see "defeat" come up without verbally pointing fingers.

That doesnt make any sense to me, can you say this a different way?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I really don't understand the love for d.va that she gets around here.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

She's incredibly fun to play as. D.va's kind of this funny case where the feel and feedback of the character- zipping around with the game's most exhilarating movement ability and stomping into the room spraying infinite ammo- outweighs her actual level of power.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Clanpot Shake posted:

This one's pretty obvious but on Anubis defense if you hug the left wall from spawn you can bridge the gap and come in on the backside of A. Usually the capping team is focused on the door so you can surprise anyone capping the point. Bonus points if you spawn with a teammate and have them follow you.

Everyone can go that route by jumping on the small building between A and B and back to the platform next to the stairs leading down to A, so it's not depending on Mei.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 12, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mcvey posted:

She's good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Verranicus posted:

She's good.

if you really think about it, everyone has the potential to be good in the right situation

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Verranicus posted:

She's good.

Yeah, DVA is my go-to if there is a last minute scramble to save the match. She does a lot well.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

mcbexx posted:

Everyone can go that route by jumping on the small building between A and B and back to the platform next to the stairs leading down to A, so it's not dependending on Mei.

I don't think I'm alone in not realizing that.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
D.Va used to be a lot worse than she currently is, the change to defense matrix actually brought her up to adequacy and gave her the ability to actually tank whereas before she was an extremely fragile nuisance, and the changes to her ult made it much more useful than something for farming PotGs off of bad players. Plus as Supercar Gautier said actually playing as her and being able to fly around ramming people feels satisfying.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Snazzy Frocks posted:

if you really think about it, everyone has the potential to be good in the right situation

I agree, but he was talking specifically about Dva. I'd say most characters have a place in the game - except Genji. Delete him.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Sometimes life gives you a gift by bunching up the enemy team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp1-GPjg7jc

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I learned I can get potg as Zenyatta simply by aiming down a narrow corridor or vertical gap and mashing LMB, E and shift and rack up a penta kill by dumb enemies that lemming their way toward their deaths.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Panfilo posted:

I learned I can get potg as Zenyatta simply by aiming down a narrow corridor or vertical gap and mashing LMB, E and shift and rack up a penta kill by dumb enemies that lemming their way toward their deaths.

yeah you've definitely done this, that's why you've heard the game say "PENTA KILL" at any point right :buddy:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I enjoy how the announcer completely loses her poo poo when you get a quadruple kill, but then regains her certitude and composure when it gets to quintuple.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Clanpot Shake posted:

You can do this with anyone by jumping on the building to the right of the broken bridge, walking around to the other side, then jumping back on the other side of the bridge. :ssh:

mcvey posted:

Same

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tatsuta Age posted:

yeah you've definitely done this, that's why you've heard the game say "PENTA KILL" at any point right :buddy:

I'm used to the term from League of Legends, but even my nooby rear end has managed a few quintuple kills.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Panfilo posted:

I'm used to the term from League of Legends, but even my nooby rear end has managed a few quintuple kills.

Game needs a UT style frag announcer?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Game needs a UT style frag announcer?

I think Quake sounds would be better.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Clanpot Shake posted:

I don't think I'm alone in not realizing that.

Also, you can jump on the little wall you're facing when leaving the defending spawn (out the main spawn door, left, right, you're looking at it now) and hop over the trench that leads to the 250 HP med pack below the bridge to B, which will shave a couple of seconds of your trip as well. Just hug the small corner in the wall and double jump on top of the wall.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 12, 2016