Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

afkmacro posted:

no pistols only servers anymore? 😢😢

At least there won't be servers that outlaw shotguns :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Or autokicks you based on k/d ratio

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Most important of all we won't be seeing instant respawn instant vehicle respawn 1000 ticket servers take over the game within a month.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Eonwe posted:

yea id rather have custom servers, but you gotta look at the silver lining sometimes

It would be nice to be free of the scourge of instant vehicle respawn.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

FastestGunAlive posted:

Before the stalemate began, the Germans came within 43 miles of Paris in about a month. Were most of them marching on foot? That's some serious movement. So even on the western front there is room for more than just trench maps

Yeah, they all pretty much marched. Imagine losing an offensive amount of soldiers in Belgium and Marne and you still have to march in advance or retreat as either side for that distance in the heat. I can't imagine how loving disgustingly exhausting that was.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Edit: also the villar perosa in the gun listing should either be another SMG or some form of machine gun. It's a double barreled double magged version of the M1918.

Yeah, it'll most likely be the SMG version like you said. There were two prototypes that would work in the role they'd mean for BF1:

Want this one:

But we'll most likely get this one:

Torn on the server options. I occasionally try to re-launch BF4, but unless I'm loving up the filter, all I ever see are 24/7 Locker and Metro and like two German servers that kick me for my "high ping" of 100. Meanwhile, I can find a Battlefront game that rotates out game modes and maps relatively easily despite the low player count.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, you guys play on some bad servers.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Or autokicks you based on k/d ratio

how does this even work

it is a zero-sum game

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I found the name for one of the unlisted leaked maps, it's called Fao Fortress and basically it will be British Imperial forces landing on a beach and attacking entrenched Ottomans in an old style fortress.

Alos hilariously they found the Scout might be getting a sniper shield thingy as one of their gadgets in the data mining as well. But after the open beta, I'm hoping they'll scrap that idea.

Plan Z posted:

Yeah, they all pretty much marched. Imagine losing an offensive amount of soldiers in Belgium and Marne and you still have to march in advance or retreat as either side for that distance in the heat. I can't imagine how loving disgustingly exhausting that was.

I bet the older reservists on both sides were really really pissed.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Plan Z posted:

Yeah, it'll most likely be the SMG version like you said. There were two prototypes that would work in the role they'd mean for BF1:

Want this one:

did you play the beta?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Chronojam posted:

At least there won't be servers that outlaw shotguns :unsmith:

I think this is an option in the server settings.

Also they could have made instant respawn servers unranked and done away with those if they wanted to without throwing out all admin options.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I'm going to be the odd man out and say that BF3's campaign is one of the FPS campaigns I remember most fondly. Not as any part sort of plot really at all, I don't remember a lick of that, but they had a few super amazing set pieces.

The little semi-interactive cutscene of the rough seas carrier launch was awesome. The charge down into Tehran under mortar fire was awesome. The Spetsnaz HALO to the battlefield theme was awesome. All of those little things together made me think "drat, this is Battlefield!" Though granted, the bits tying them together in a plot sucked so bad I don't remember why we were in both Tehran and also there were Russians.

On the other hand BF4's campaign was irredeemable trash garbage with shoehorned score in for leaderboards and super not memorable anything at all.

I hope they bring back something like BF3- just tie together cool combat scenes that make me want to play battlefield more.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

Also they could have made instant respawn servers unranked and done away with those if they wanted to without throwing out all admin options.

Yeah this is really the issue. People congregate on shitfuck servers not because they're fun, but because you get XP/medals/etc fast. Take away that and they would die out no problem.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Wooper posted:

how does this even work

it is a zero-sum game

Usually something like "Sorry, you have been kicked for having over 1.5 k/d (lol), find another server to play on" as soon as the game has finished loading

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I just want to be able to wear 1914 uniforms.

If there's no kepi available in the French DLC I don't even know why Dice has bothered with all this.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Wooper posted:

did you play the beta?

Yes, the M1918 is in the game, but it's listed separate from the Villar in file leaks.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 12, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

K8.0 posted:

Yeah this is really the issue. People congregate on shitfuck servers not because they're fun, but because you get XP/medals/etc fast. Take away that and they would die out no problem.

They also added more hoops to jump through to unlock everything with bonds + XP, so I'm sure clusterfuck servers will be alive and well!

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Plan Z posted:

Want this one:

It's already listed as the Beretta 1918.

My guess is the double barrel legit Villar Perosa will show up as a static weapon on Italian front maps, or might be a one-off in the campaign.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Chomp8645 posted:

They should have just gone with the whole game being alt-history anyway. Solves all complaints about automatic weapons and fully justifies war blimps and armored trains and stuff.

As far as I'm concerned it's already alt-history and good that way.

I dunno about war blimps, but armoured trains were a real thing and were more common than you probably think

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_train

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I bet if you blew up an armored train back then with a bunch of land mines it wouldn't cause your whole existence to crash into nothingness

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
DLC football matches on Christmas.

Didn't play the beta but looking in the class list in the OP i cant see an out and out sniper class? Guess the bolt actions fill that dickhead niche?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Yes. There's even a scout gadget that lets you sit completely out of line of sight and look at people, so you can be even more useless.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I dunno about war blimps, but armoured trains were a real thing and were more common than you probably think

During the Russian civil war (after they left WW1) in particular there was a lot of armored train action, mainly with different sub factions running around with them as a mobile base. Including some real life 'Battlefield Moments' where they roll into stations firing away to try in train drivebys to try and steal supplies being guarded by American troops.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This game is going to loving own

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also I need that double barrel SMG like wowie

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NonzeroCircle posted:

DLC football matches on Christmas.

Didn't play the beta but looking in the class list in the OP i cant see an out and out sniper class? Guess the bolt actions fill that dickhead niche?

Recons are the sniper class

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

This game might make my life worth living for a few weeks??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

This game might make my life worth living for a few weeks??

wowzers

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Eonwe posted:

who knows if this is true but..... https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/52db66/bf1important_no_rcon_or_traditional_server/

even though its not a great move, it does have the benefit of not having to worry about shitlord server admins and terrible plugins

As long as there isn't a recreation of Popedactyl's BF3 server with tehinternet as an admin everything should be fine.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

South posted:

As long as there isn't a recreation of Popedactyl's BF3 server with tehinternet as an admin everything should be fine.

as a former admin and star member of popeadactyl's playhouse i implore you to rethink your words friendo

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay

South posted:

sorry to say this but there will be you human being

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Popeadactyl posted:

sorry to say this but there will be you human being

:yikes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think calling people a human being is..uh...

*checks notes*

insanely bad?!?!?!?!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

We just got the thread reopened you nerds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats your favorite server?

oh i dont know, the one where the admin calls people faggots

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

hmm indeed

*blows bubbles from a pipe and strokes beard*

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Big rear end Zeppelin's did exist and they did some bombing raids on London, It was quite a moment turning war for the average person from 'a thing that soldiers do far away' to 'holy poo poo, total war can actually harm us despite not being soldiers or over there now!'

Not sure about the flying low and machine gunning dudes however.

Part of PLANES PLANES PLANES game mode is basically Zeppelin hunting.

I also feel the same, we better be allowed to dress up in early War uniforms. I want my red pants.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
Rules for Popeadactyl's Pederasty Playjouse:
1. You must be at least 50% ethnically white (turk, italians and spanish do not count)
2. No homosexuals
3. Brandon Debes lol
4. You MUST post your dick

Thanks for reading, looking forward to another great year

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

the admins never called anyone a human being. the server owner did. theres a big difference

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

Robot Randy posted:

the admins never called anyone a human being. the server owner did. theres a big difference

He's too blinded by the ZOG to understand the difference he read the bad word and blacked out