Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Don Lapre posted:

Unlikely. Here is what will happen
Monday 9/12 people will get shipped notifications for overnight shipping via fedex/ups/etc..

Tuesday 9/3 people will post OMG its out for delivery, or Its in my hometown!

Tuesday 9/3 evening People will post wtf apple, why is ups holding the phone till friday!

I meant the people who have October ship dates. It's not a big deal since this year my phone isn't on life support, but I still want my shiny new toy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

What's the loadout/delivery date and how did you pay for it? If it's jetblack/september you might be able to resell it for a little bit extra.

Otherwise yeah returning it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Delivery date is sept 16. It's the gold. I did the iPhone upgrade plan. I didn't know how strict Apple was about returns and have never done this financing/upgrade thing before so I was afraid I was going to be stuck with it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Don Lapre posted:

Monday 9/12 people will get shipped notifications for overnight shipping via fedex/ups/etc..

Tuesday 9/3 evening People will post wtf apple, why is ups holding the phone till friday!

Not what he meant (and I think you meant 13th, not 3rd.)

In the past, delayed (past release date) shipment estimates have sometimes been too conservative and they've come a week or more early...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I remember when I ordered my 5s from the iOS app it came much earlier than the expected delivery date. Once it starts shipping from China watch the movement and FAP FAP FAP FAP

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the 3-4 weeks projected deliveries, which almost always end up getting delivered earlier than initially projected.

EDIT: Ordered a Jet Black 128 GB. Guess I'll get it when I get it.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 9, 2016

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Bill Barber posted:

You could always take off work early Thursday and go camp outside your local Apple store.

Yeah not quite my thing. I really have no issue with waiting, the 6S+ is still a fantastic device. Much rather use my paid time off to enjoy some vacation. :)

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
These loving brand new wireless Beats they just showed off at the keynote don't charge over Lightning and use a USB cable instead? Seems real weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

io_burn posted:

These loving brand new wireless Beats they just showed off at the keynote don't charge over Lightning and use a USB cable instead? Seems real weird.

They want to sell them to everyone, not just Apple users.

(I realize it would ship with a Lightning cable, but everyone has micro-USB sitting around.)

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

io_burn posted:

Depends which ones.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
The Beats Solo3 they made a big deal about still charges via micro USB. :argh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Okay that is weird.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
It was clearly the path of least resistance.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
I was hoping to have the courage of having all my junk charge via the same cable.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

io_burn posted:

I was hoping to have the courage of having all my junk charge via the same cable.

I picked up a couple of these a few weeks ago and they've been great. Looks like they're sold out at the moment but keep an eye on them if you want to live that one-cable life (it's pretty dope).

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-6-ft-mfi-certified-ios-android-charging-cable

Weedle fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 10, 2016

Weedle
May 31, 2006

io_burn posted:

The Beats Solo3 they made a big deal about still charges via micro USB. :argh:

The Solo 3 has the same body as the Solo 2. They'll add Lightning when they update the design and have to make new molds anyway.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
iPhones are basically pre/live and post ironic dolls for men, whereas women use them for trolling Grindr and posting Instagram pictures of their tits.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Weedle posted:

I picked up a couple of these a few weeks ago and they've been great. Looks like they're sold out at the moment but keep an eye on them if you want to live that one-cable life (it's pretty dope).

https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-6-ft-mfi-certified-ios-android-charging-cable

they should make something like that for 3.5 to lightning to slip on the ends of headphone cables

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Housh posted:

they should make something like that for 3.5 to lightning to slip on the ends of headphone cables

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Hoax photoshop

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

verdigris murder posted:

iPhones are basically pre/live and post ironic dolls for men, whereas women use them for trolling Grindr and posting Instagram pictures of their tits.

I don't think women use Grindr...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want it to be way smaller and black plz

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think he means a thing to keep it in place. Maybe the company that makes these can make them

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Endless Mike posted:

I think he means a thing to keep it in place. Maybe the company that makes these can make them

They're $9. You can just l leave them attached to your favorite headphones.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

$9 is pretty expensive for what is basically a tiny splitter and a couple of inches of wire and insulation.

It should be like a dollar.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's also an authentications/DAC chip in there.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Endless Mike posted:

There's also an authentications/DAC chip in there.

Only needs that because Apple was stupid and didn't put a DAC in the spec for lightning so it could output analog.

And don't get me started on Apple auth chips.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MrBond posted:

It was clearly the path of least resistance.

Weedle posted:

The Solo 3 has the same body as the Solo 2. They'll add Lightning when they update the design and have to make new molds anyway.
Yeah the redesigned/new post Apple stuff (all two of them) have Lightning. Still annoying that they made a big deal about the updated headphones but kept micro USB on them. Hate that drat port.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bum the Sad posted:

I didn't know they were only $9. That's pretty awesome. Now please make them in black.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

verdigris murder posted:

I knew jon pop would finally return home

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Yeah, the bigger issue is when I want to use the 3.5mm plug rather than the Lightning plug. It would be nice to not have to worry about misplacing the dongle. It's not a huge deal, really.

Anyway, I emailed Cozy and they said to watch for the CourageCozy.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think women use Grindr...
Um, they pretty much do actually. How do think they became more accepting about anal sex?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I was told this is the thread to poo poo up with shipping commiseration etc...

I'm extremely bummed my Wife's RoseGold 7+ still says delivery tomorrow but UPS says Monday now. :\ That's lame.

Mine won't be here until like, end of Sept.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where are you located?

I had a 16th date the whole time but my phone's latest tracking update is departing Anchorage last night at 12:43am. So over 36 hours ago now. I'm hoping it's just customs stuff since I'm in Canada, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in by tomorrow either.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

Where are you located?

I had a 16th date the whole time but my phone's latest tracking update is departing Anchorage last night at 12:43am. So over 36 hours ago now. I'm hoping it's just customs stuff since I'm in Canada, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not in by tomorrow either.

Seattle. And my wife's iPhone shows its last check in as departing Japan. 10:05 pm on the 15th (assuming that is local time since it hasn't happened yet.)

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Can I be salty that even though I slammed home an order within the first 30 seconds of the store being up I still got a "Sept 36 - Oct 3" delivery date?
It still says "processing" on the order today, so I doubt I'll get a surprise 16th arrival. Grumble.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CaptainCrunch posted:

Can I be salty that even though I slammed home an order within the first 30 seconds of the store being up I still got a "Sept 36 - Oct 3" delivery date?
It still says "processing" on the order today, so I doubt I'll get a surprise 16th arrival. Grumble.
Are you ordering a Jet Black 7+?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That was my experience too for a matte black plus 258. Well not that late but not release date.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Mine'll be here on the 16th. Why are y'all so excited though? This one seems to be kind of a boring upgrade. I did mine just because I have the sprint iphone forever plan. Am I missing something other than it's a bit faster and the battery may not suck as much? Not a troll, I just wondered what the hubbub was.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Croatoan posted:

Mine'll be here on the 16th. Why are y'all so excited though? This one seems to be kind of a boring upgrade. I did mine just because I have the sprint iphone forever plan. Am I missing something other than it's a bit faster and the battery may not suck as much? Not a troll, I just wondered what the hubbub was.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But you need to consider what was added last year too. And for some even the year before that.

I doubt anyone's going from a 6S, except the ones who did the upgrade plans I guess.

• Locked thread