Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't mean it like, "Peter should be charged with manslaughter". Marvel seems to be officially unsure and go back and forth on it, like the time they took out the snap sound effect, and I was wondering if people thought it was a neat turn or if it was needlessly dark or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I didn't mean it like, "Peter should be charged with manslaughter". Marvel seems to be officially unsure and go back and forth on it, like the time they took out the snap sound effect, and I was wondering if people thought it was a neat turn or if it was needlessly dark or what.

If what was a neat turn?

Also, CBR's Comic Book Legends Revealed #573 from April 2016 showed that Marvel has never removed the sound effect from any of their reprints of Amazing Spider-Man #121. #doyourresearch

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 12, 2016

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

The SNAP was just peter taking a picture of Spider-Man's daring rescue.
Where do you think that pokemon game got it's name from?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Peter's webline catching her totally snapped her neck.

Whether that makes him responsible for her death, I leave to the lawyers and the philosophers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would say that not successfully saving Gwen isn't the same as killing her in this situation as she would've died anyways and Peter is not responsible for her death

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

I would say that not successfully saving Gwen isn't the same as killing her in this situation as she would've died anyways and Peter is not responsible for her death

The fact that he snapped her neck instead of just failing to catch her has a pretty deliberately different implication.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

The fact that he snapped her neck instead of just failing to catch her has a pretty deliberately different implication.

It's the most Spider-Man thing that could have happened, because the outcome is the same, but now there's something for Peter to feel bad about! Yaaaay!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Maybe if she hadn't been wearing next to nothing, her neck wouldn't have snapped.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Something that's never been shown is the five tied up Gwen Stacys that Spider-Man caught.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Toxxupation posted:

Something that's never been shown is the five tied up Gwen Stacys that Spider-Man caught.

Someone just caught up on the clone saga.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Travis343 posted:

It's the most Spider-Man thing that could have happened, because the outcome is the same, but now there's something for Peter to feel bad about! Yaaaay!
Yeah, basically that. Is it Peter's fault? No. Is he going to feel guilty about it forever because his last-ditch attempt failed and is technically the thing that killed her, even though all moral responsibility lies with the rear end in a top hat who dropped her off a goddamn bridge? Oh yes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, basically that. Is it Peter's fault? No. Is he going to feel guilty about it forever because his last-ditch attempt failed and is technically the thing that killed her, even though all moral responsibility lies with the rear end in a top hat who dropped her off a goddamn bridge? Oh yes.

How old was Peter supposed to be then?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

redbackground posted:

How old was Peter supposed to be then?

He would have been a university student at the time, so maybe 18-20?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I wanted to look at the issue again before I put my foot in my mouth. The story certainly wants Peter to feel guilty. Maybe if he didn't have a cold he would've had the strength to KO Goblin before he could harm Gwen. Maybe if he didn't punch Goblin as hard he would've had the strength left to hold onto Gwen and keep her from getting knocked out oh his hands. Maybe if he was thinking clearer he would've chosen a different way to attempt to save her. But Norman kidnapped her, Norman put her up there on the bridge, Norman attacked Spidey with Gwen in his arms with intent to cause her to fall to her death. The neck snap was the cause of death, but Norman's intentional actions is what gives him culpability for it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know where else to post this dumb edit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/codyclarke/status/775816474866823168

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Some of the WB DVD's have rather lame art.

It just really seems like a terribly-run company.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Lex had hair and Joker isn't even in it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dario the Wop posted:

Some of the WB DVD's have rather lame art.

It just really seems like a terribly-run company.

Still better than BvS

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SynthOrange posted:

Still better than BvS

I sure hope nobody was implying the animated Batman/Superman movie was remotely bad

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
I'm saying the DVD art looks like a grade schooler photo-referenced Timm's art.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
http://comicsalliance.com/stan-lee-action-movie-hero/

:confused:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Where's the Kirby vs New York Nazis movie.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Why not, he's got one of the biggest total box office intakes of any actor. Plus he's already been established to be a spy before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcKMLPB-Z4E

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While the forums were down I learned that two of my friends died relatively recently. 2016 is a pretty awful year.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

While the forums were down I learned that two of my friends died relatively recently. 2016 is a pretty awful year.

I'm so sorry Lurdiak :( I hope you're doing okay.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's a really rough thing to find out for just one friend. You have my condolences.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jesus that sucks. 2016 is really a bitch of a year.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hello BSS I have one more question for you. When's mahvel?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
An alternate universe where everyone is from Boston?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh man, ugh. So it's my last week at this awful lovely liquor store and every single regular I like is bringing horrible curses with them. The one that is remotely relevant to this subforum - recall when I said the cancer guy wanted help selling his collection? I went over and evaluated and researched with him at the time, and told him honest: your comics will make you at most a few hundred because of artist signatures but a lot of these aren't super rare. Focus on the horror movie props and other memorabilia.

Today he comes in and he's been doing "extra research" and has both discovered those awful mylar grading assholes and some weird fly by night op telling him things may be worth as much as $2400-2750 for a few books and that he has "98 and 99 grade books". I tried to deflate his enthusiasm a bit and he's just going on about "there are people selling these issues 'as new' for $.50 but shipping is $4! Scammers!"

I don't know if anything is gonna hit me in the gut as hard as seeing dudes gently caress this guy over near his deathbed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

An alternate universe where everyone is from Boston?

IT'S MAH-VEL BABY!!!

WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT!!!?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
My awesome new Trek bicycle (that I bought a month ago and am still paying off) was stolen out of my garage last night. I am so upset and teetering on depression that the only thing that has helped, aside from playing with puppies today, was being convinced too set up a gofundme and the immediate response it got from a few of my good friends.

This means, that I can't get a new snake in October, and I was really looking forward to that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
September loving sucks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
2016 has been kinda gross and will only get worse.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

My awesome new Trek bicycle (that I bought a month ago and am still paying off) was stolen out of my garage last night. I am so upset and teetering on depression that the only thing that has helped, aside from playing with puppies today, was being convinced too set up a gofundme and the immediate response it got from a few of my good friends.

This means, that I can't get a new snake in October, and I was really looking forward to that.

Check Craigslist for bike postings. As someone who has two bikes stolen I feel your pain.

2016 isn't all bad guys. I just got engaged.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I have been. I'll be filing a police report when I get home from work.

Also: congratulations!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Madkal posted:

Check Craigslist for bike postings. As someone who has two bikes stolen I feel your pain.

That means you're stealing the good fortune from the rest of us! WITCH!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

This post will come back to haunt you if you ever have a bitter divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Madkal posted:

I feel I should just put tuxes on your avatar and that'll be your wedding reception.

Darkseid IS the storm. But not a wedding.

• Locked thread