Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk these vocals are p lame compared to most of the Jazz I listen to and even compared to some of the other singers they've, but that might just be me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't love the vocalist, it's just really weird that I've heard better mixes of this exact song in the trailers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The battle theme owns and the vocalist is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

Holy poo poo, God forbid someone voice their loving opinion on a thing, you annoying git.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
going back to Life Will Change, I hope on the full OST there are multiple mixes of that song because I am of the opinion that the trailer mixes of that song are much better than that version. The vocals kinda sound hosed up, (like almost compressed?) compared to what we've heard in trailers.

e; a word

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 12, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't like the trailer versions either tbh, like I always liked hearing this music instrumental and when they started adding lyrics to them I was always kinda iffy on them since they feel like they were not made with lyrics in mind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This wait is gonna frigging suck

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Now imagine that countdown reaches zero and then changes to say you've actually got another five months.

It's okay though, instead of getting to play P5 I found out GameFAQs has a script for The Answer so I don't have to play that again to get the details (and somehow not until after finding the script did it occur to me that video LPs exist), and I don't think it actually affects the P3 ending as much as I would have thought going from memory and summaries:

There are some metaphors about "protecting" the protagonist that you could infer to mean he's alive, but Metis says "That is his life essence. ... He himself became the Great Seal. But relinquishing one's life essence means death for a human. ... He managed to keep his promise to you all before his consciousness faded away." So he's dead (unless you stretch "for a human") and unaware, and so probably not suffering or coming back. There's a bit of ambiguity in the life essence part, so yeah, maybe it leaves things open for Elizabeth to make the seal redundant, get his life essence, and put it back into his body (or a ~robot body~), but until that game/anime gets made he sounds pretty dead, and the cast makes peace with that too.

I'd be pretty interested in knowing if the Japanese version has any more or less detail than the English one though. I'd also need to go through the P4A/U and PQ scripts to see what those say, but at least The Answer doesn't seem that bad?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How were the Persona 3 movies?

I was gonna watch them all on youtube at one point since somebody had uploaded them but I never got around to it and I'm sure they've been removed.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

voltcatfish posted:

I was gonna watch them all on youtube at one point since somebody had uploaded them but I never got around to it and I'm sure they've been removed.

The first one is pretty good, the animation and sound design is all really good. It gets kinda dumb literally right at the end. I don't remember much of the second one but I do remember the third one changing the pacing so that the Ryoji is Nyx reveal happens at the end of Fall rather than partway through winter. Past what I said for the first movie also applying to the second and third I don't remember much about them writing wise. They seemed pretty good and were better than the Persona 4 animes so thats good at least. I don't remember them adding any new gags for the movies like they did the p4 anime though, although the dialogue they give Makoto (the protag) was pretty good and gives him some pretty good characterization to what was otherwise a very dull blank slate in the main game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that person's a dead man. elizabeth travelling around is just an excuse to have margaret on board. don't think about it too much.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

I liked them. Nothing extremely new but it was fun to see a improved animation quality for the battles. It made more sense than the manga too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The news in Inaba has a weird hang up about teenagers having jobs, between Yukiko and Naoto.

Considering youth unemployment in Japan, someone under 35 having a respectable job is pretty major news.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I just got back to playing smt4 after dropping it when I got the law path and drat was it satisfying to wipe the floor with Minotaur first try after all the trouble I had last run.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Only thing I remember about Minotaur was that I reset if Walter was in my party since the idiot caused a wipe the first time I fought Minotaur.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just got an order confirmation, if you guys ordered from AmiAmi you should probably start checking your emails and whatnot.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Baal posted:

Just got an order confirmation, if you guys ordered from AmiAmi you should probably start checking your emails and whatnot.

same

can't wait can't wait can't wait

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm in Japan atm and still kinds wanna pick it up as a souvenir

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Considering youth unemployment in Japan, someone under 35 having a respectable job is pretty major news.

Also, she's a manager...that's still in high school! I'm gonna go harass her about being in high school! Hey Miss Amagi! Is it true that you're a a manager who's still in high school?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish it wasn't releasing at 11 AM my time. It's gonna suck be stuck at work all day. Stupid loving time zones, why can't half the world work in darkness for my convenience?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

enjoy your stay, i'm visiting this next summer, but it'll be countryside (nishi-akashi) instead of cool cities :(

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah, I'm out there next week and it's going to be tough to resist. The only reason I thinking of not getting it is that it will be a real hassle to have to play it with a dictionary, and having waited this long for it, I might as well wait for the English release and play it in a relaxing way, rather than one that feels like revision.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here a link to a cool song from P5. I believe the theme is for when you get the drop on enemies.

http://estipse.tumblr.com/post/150303768335/lyn-last-surprise

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here a link to a cool song from P5. I believe the theme is for when you get the drop on enemies.

god drat my copy can't get here soon enough, this is groovy as hell

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

SMTIV:A is a week away. Who gives a poo poo about Persona 5

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

Me.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

That song is good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

I can care about both, orv

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Baal posted:

I can care about both, orv

I'm sorry but it's one or the other.

I'm not jealous or anything. No sir.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll stream it for you orv and name the mc after you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually no I won't because Makoto is my waifu, gently caress you orv

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SMH if you don't already have a meaningful name picked for your protagonist based on kanji meanings.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Waffleman_ posted:

SMH if you don't already have a meaningful name picked for your protagonist based on kanji meanings.

梯 yeah dude gonna get this tatted on my bicep, means honor or courage or some poo poo bruh

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
e nvm made that joke before

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My first name is gonna be big poo poo and then the second name will be little poo poo

Also Makoto preview

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm gonna name the mc Phantom Joker. Or maybe Joker Phantom. On second thought Joker Phantom sounds a lot better.

Also, the music leaks rule and are my poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no gay options is what people are reporting

that isn't a plot element so im not spoilering it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

no gay options is what people are reporting

that isn't a plot element so im not spoilering it

Not really surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU