Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Papes posted:

I like the notion that one of the winningest (by win %) coaches in history is an idiot who doesn't understand football
He's underrated as gently caress. He will do something bone headed from time to time but it's sort of asinine to question his overall philosophy and scheme given his track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I need a replacement tight end for a few weeks with Zach Ertz hurt. The waiver wire isn't pretty:

Charles Clay
Jared Cook
Kyle Rudolph
Jacob Tamme
Virgil Green
Jesse James

Any opinions? I'm sort of leaning towards Tamme. That's a very sad sentence to type.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hyde put up an awesome effort but I got Antonio Brown'd for what feels like the 10th year in the row.

I really wish the Redskins gave Breeland any help whatsover over the top. Both those TDs were inexcusable with Breeland just plain getting beat off the snap and could have been prevented by obvious safety play against the #1 threat in the league.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I started Cook over Allen and will probably lose because of it. I also started Tyrod Taylor. Lol.

I ended up winning this week! Thank the Lord for Antonio Brown.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Ty1990 posted:

I need a replacement tight end for a few weeks with Zach Ertz hurt. The waiver wire isn't pretty:

Charles Clay
Jared Cook
Kyle Rudolph
Jacob Tamme
Virgil Green
Jesse James

Any opinions? I'm sort of leaning towards Tamme. That's a very sad sentence to type.

Rudolph probably has slightly higher upside but ugh.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Someone traded Matt Forte for Todd Gurley Saturday night in my league. I told him it was stupid. I haven't called him yet, he's prolly blocked me.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
Thanks in large part to Keenan Allen going down after I took him everywhere I could, the only league I won in this week was the dynasty orphan I took over which I expected to punt this season. Welcome back fantasy!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

As a Charles owner, would you trade Sammy Watkins for Spencer Ware straight up? (Non-ppr)

My team:

QB- Eli
WR- Hopkins
WR- Watkins
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE- Dwayne Allen
FLEX- Hyde
B- Gronk
B- Charles
B- Shepard
B- John Brown
B- Gore
B- Snead

Edit: I really don't want to deal with Watkins' foot injury all season. Is giving him up for Ware aiming too low?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 13, 2016

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

The Aguamoose posted:

Thanks in large part to Keenan Allen going down after I took him everywhere I could, the only league I won in this week was the dynasty orphan I took over which I expected to punt this season. Welcome back fantasy!

And here comes the lovely trade offers from the vultures looking to "help" Allen owners with their bench WRs!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Think I'm going to try to unload him in dynasty leagues. If I can get like WR#15-20 value for him from people looking to "buy low", I'll take it. I don't really buy into his injury proneness, but I also want production this year and am fine taking a small hit long term to get it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Julio and whatever for Antonio? I have bench fodder i'm gonna drop anyway. Don't trust the Falcons and Julio has ankle rumblings. 1 PPR

RBX fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 13, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RBX posted:

Julio and whatever for Antonio? I have bench fodder i'm gonna drop anyway. Don't trust the Falcons and Julio has ankle rumblings. 1 PPR

I don't think there's any way an AB owner is going to let go of him. The almost unanimous first overall pick just put up 30 points in standard scoring. It would take a tremendous offer.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RBX posted:

What makes you think the Brown owner would do this? Unless the "whatever" is like an RB1.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
FEELING REALLY GOOD ABOUT MY CREW OF ZEKE LACY OBJ WATKINS COBB AND BARNIDGE

Loses by 48

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Antonio stomped all over the Washington team.

Oh, and my team.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Anyone think Cole Beasley is actually worth an add in .5 PPR when my WR bench is Lockett, Still and Brown.

e: Actually Mike Wallace is available. Lockett or Stills as the drop?

weekly font fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 13, 2016

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Hold onto Barnidge, folks. His BFF Josh McCown is starting next week.

Sit tight.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm seriously debating cutting Matt Jones in dynasty. He's pretty much the weakest link on my team that isn't a lotto ticket.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

weekly font posted:

Anyone think Cole Beasley is actually worth an add in .5 PPR when my WR bench is Lockett, Still and Brown.

e: Actually Mike Wallace is available. Lockett or Stills as the drop?

I'd drop Stills for Wallace, same type of player with actual hands and a better deep ball QB.

E: Beasley is worth an add too, but I think that they get Dez going and Beasley fades as the season goes on.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I still have some hopes for Stills while Parker is out but that blown TD is worth a shame drop.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
nvm, doing it.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 13, 2016

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

The Aguamoose posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversification_(finance)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Z6qWRugCY

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!
Who'd you rather have ROS: Stafford or Allen-less Rivers?

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Should I trade Deangelo williams for Woodhead?
I'm in a 2rb league and my other backs are Forte
Jennings
Powell
Yeldon

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

RTM posted:

Stafford no question.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RTM posted:

Stafford for sure

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

weekly font posted:

Stafford no question.

This. I'm honestly really nervous about starting Rivers ROS at this point. I won't hit the panic button yet but I'm keeping tabs on some of the league's backup QBs.

Speaking of panic moves; it sounds like Ertz is going to be out a couple of weeks. Jason Witten is a bench tight end for a particular team that also rosters Ryan Matthews and has shown interest in Darren Sproles in the past. Would you guys trade Sproles for Witten straight up? My other RB's are McCoy, Ware, Gore, and Cmike. 1 PPR.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Frank Eufemia posted:

Should I trade Deangelo williams for Woodhead?
I'm in a 2rb league and my other backs are Forte
Jennings
Powell
Yeldon

If it's PPR I would absolutely do that trade.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Can't believe i'm asking this in 2016, but who do i pick up to replace Keenan Allen, Mike Wallace or Victor Cruz?

Wallace seems like he's going to have a lot of value based on volume.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

As a Charles owner, would you trade Sammy Watkins for Spencer Ware straight up? (Non-ppr)

My team:

QB- Eli
WR- Hopkins
WR- Watkins
RB- CJ Anderson
RB- Ryan Mathews
TE- Dwayne Allen
FLEX- Hyde
B- Gronk
B- Charles
B- Shepard
B- John Brown
B- Gore
B- Snead

Edit: I really don't want to deal with Watkins' foot injury all season. Is giving him up for Ware aiming too low?

Any thoughts on this? I have an offer on the table from the Ware owner, but he's shopping him so it might not last long.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ugh Tyrodasaurus Rex really screwed me this week. Do I stick with him another week or pick up another QB?

Available:

Garoppolo
Alex Smith
Ryan
Wentz
Cutler
Cousins

I currently have a waiver in for Garoppolo.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

SeannieDarko posted:

Ugh Tyrodasaurus Rex really screwed me this week. Do I stick with him another week or pick up another QB?

Available:

Garoppolo
Alex Smith
Ryan
Wentz
Cutler
Cousins

I currently have a waiver in for Garoppolo.

I wouldn't be stoked about it or anything but I'd much rather have Alex Smith than Tyrod

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

timp posted:

I wouldn't be stoked about it or anything but I'd much rather have Alex Smith than Tyrod

Yeah I'm not excited about my QB choices. And I'm also a Keenan Allen owner in that league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
This is taking a while so I'm going to post WRs now and add RBs later.

Week 1 Waiver Wire adds
The rankings are intended for 1ppr 12-team standard. Cutoff for being listed is ~50% ownership in Yahoo. If your scoring is different, or if Snead or Diggs or Coleman or something happens to be on your WW, don't be dumb and take these guys instead.

Players will be discussed in order of how much I like them, but I'm thinking of experimenting with giving some "right now" vs "long term" rankings at the end.

WR
Will Fuller, HOU - Technically 51% owned, but that's close enough that I gotta list him. Finished with 11 targets / 5 receptions / 107yds / 1td. Most people will know him for one thing: a ludicrous 40 time (4.32). But I think the more interesting story here is that Fuller was a 4-star recruit out of high school that initially committed to Bill O'Brian at Penn before flipping to Notre Dame. 4 years later, BOB went after him again, this time with what was perceived (by me at least) as a huge reach in the 1st round of the NFL draft. His history of drops and tendency to get pushed around on routes (and inability to pick up yards after contact) made me avoid him, but opportunity matters in the NFL, and BOB wants to get this guy the ball. Brugler highlights his strengths as almost perfectly corresponding to what you want in a vertical threat (aside from the drops thing): he's not just fast, he can get separation and has a good feel for leverage, times his jumps well, and is a driven and hardworking teammate on the practice field. He's a boom/bust kind of guy, and expect his weekly production to level off closer to the 4-9 target range, but Lamar Miller is loving awesome (yay!) which should open up the deep shots nicely. My #1 WR pickup in standard leagues this week, and probably my #1 upside WR in ppr.

Tajae Sharpe, TEN - 11/7/76/0, 46% owned. Preseason goon favorite (special shoutout to true believer Metapod for beating that drum). The clear #1 receiver in TEN. I'd think of him as having Jarvis Landry upside. Not really exceptional at anything, but good at everything, with no real deficiencies in his game. Brugler notes his great footwork, good body control, mental toughness, tight route running, and fearlessness at the catch point. PPR he could have a safer floor than Fuller, but even then I have a hunch that he may disappear against some of the more physical corners. We'll need more data here.

Mohamed Sanu, ATL - 8/5/80/1. Both he and Julio are a bit hobbled, but I have a lot of respect for Mo and think he can thrive as the WR2 here. Should be able to work against single coverange and 2nd-best corners much of the season. Couldn't fault you for swinging for the fences with Tyrell, but Mo is the safer add.

Tyrell Williams, SD - 5/2/71/0. Rivers and Gates have a well-known propensity to occassionally go full mind-meld and play telepathic football that is pretty much undefendable. Some beat writers at camp this year were talking up Tyrell's chemistry with Rivers like he was beginning to do something similar. On the one hand, he's an undrafted 2nd-year guy who's never really given us any reason to believe he can be a big-time WR1. On the other hand, Keenan is out for the season, and if Tyrell can even ocassionally get on that psychic wavelength of Rivers', he could be the pickup of the season. This is the guy you want (after Fuller) if you want to swing for the fences with a high-risk high-reward add.

Mike Wallace, BAL - Maybe still fast. Joe "gently caress It" Flacco could be a good match. 6/3/91/1.

Phillip Dorsett, IND - Mike Wallace without the track record, but a better quarterback (come at me).

Eli Rogers, PIT - Flashed as a possession guy with 7/6/59/1. Don't know anything about him. Consider in ppr if you need a bye-week dude.

Cole Beasley, DAL - Was a goon favorite in camp last year. Was a near-weekly inclusion on my WW writeups, but never really materialized as a startable player. Posted 12/8/65/0 this week though so who knows - maybe we were just a year early on him. Consider in ppr only.

Others: Chris Hogan (>70% of snaps, 3rd look on a good team), Victor Cruz (3rd look on a good team), Quincy Enunwa (3rd look on a goodish team).

Plug-and-play rankings: Fuller, Sharpe, Mo, Wallace, Tyrell, Eli, Dorsett, Cole
Upside rankings: Fuller, Sharpe, Tyrell, Wallace, Sanu, Dorsett, Mitchell, Beasley, Rogers

RB
Tevin Coleman, ARI - 8 carries / 22 yards / 0tds ; 6 targets / 5 catches / 91 yards / 0tds. Hi my name is Forever_Peace, glad you could join us in the SomethingAwful Forums I think you'll like it here until it dies because Lowtax runs out of money.

James White, NE - 1/4/0; 7/5/40/0. Can't run for poo poo. But luckily, none of the other guys can catch for poo poo. Could have ppr value until Lewis comes back and dominates everything.

Theo Riddick, DET - 7/45/1 ; 5/5/63/1. Can't run for poo poo. Could have ppr value until Abdullah dominates everything.

Jerick McKinnon, MIN - A Very Good upside stash.

Tyler Ervin, HOU - Can write more about this guy later, but in the meantime, Houston wants to run the ball a lot. Huge upside if Miller goes down.

Mike Gillislee, BUF - Buffalo wants to run a lot too, but holy poo poo that offense. The gameplan against Tyrod mostly involved setting the edge with extreme discipline and making Tyrod beat them through the air, which is bad news for the ground game there. But still - solid upside stash.

Alfred Morris, DAL - A more proven player than any of the other guys, behind a better offensive line than any of the other guys, but the other RBs on the roster won't just disappear if Zeke goes down. Upside is limited by role even in the event of an injury.

Tim Hightower, NO - Ole' reliable will be the next guy up if Ingram goes down. Spiller wasn't even active.

Terrance West, BAL - Ugggggggh. I dunno maybe he can score some touchdowns or something before Dixon comes back in 3-4 weeks and makes this backfield picture even muddier.

Plug-and-play rankings: Coleman, Riddick, White, West, Vereen, Chris Thompson, Draughn.
Upside rankings: Coleman, Riddick, McKinnon, Ervin, Gillislee, Morris, Hightower, Dixon.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 13, 2016

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Man, I can't decide.
Would you guys give up 2 of Lockett, Evans, or Cooper for Hopkins in 12team, 0.5PPR (2QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1Flex)?
One of those guys is my bench WR because I also have Allen Robinson...

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm surprised you aren't giving Rogers more love. His "unknown" status making you shy away?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
With Ertz likely being out for multiple weeks do you think I can safely drop him in a small bench league?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

With Ertz likely being out for multiple weeks do you think I can safely drop him in a small bench league?

I would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is it possible for you to add the team to those rankings for scrubs like me that don't know all of the skill position players in the league? Like I know of some of them and you mentioned the team in some of the writeups but I have no idea who Dorsett and Rogers play for just by reading that ("better than Joe Flacco" does not eliminate very many teams) and finding out when I go to the waiver wire to pick them up is precious seconds of my life.

• Locked thread