Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Apple leather(Saddle Brown) case is the most perfect case of all time and has not once scratched my phone, on the contrary it has kept it perfect both inside and out, for almost one full year at this point.
I've had my iPhone 5s in the Apple leather since launch and the phone still looks mint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just because this will get asked over and over.

If you were on the beta profile and installed 10.0.1, that is the version everyone else is downloading right now. No need to remove beta profile and re-upgrade or whatever. You're on the same release everyone is now downloading.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

iOS 10 update download is unsurprisingly drat slow right now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

mattfl posted:

Just because this will get asked over and over.

If you were on the beta profile and installed 10.0.1, that is the version everyone else is downloading right now. No need to remove beta profile and re-upgrade or whatever. You're on the same release everyone is now downloading.

Yeah, this. No need to roll back to 9.3.5 or anything. If you delete the profile it'll just stay on the GM until the next stable release.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

ChadSexington posted:

Anyone else run into problems installing iOS 10? I have to apparently roll back from a botched OTA update to 9.3 in recovery mode...

Same thing here. Poops! I'm glad I had my laptop with me so I can at least try to recover.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Should I update my 5S or just wait until my 7Plus gets here?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Housh posted:

Be here Friday? Wait for the full fun experience.

Delayed a couple weeks? Get IOS10 now for loving around with

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
error 14 wooooooo

:smith:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Yup happened to me as well. Ton of people over in Macrumors too. First time I've ever had an issue doing an OTA update from Apple

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Feenix posted:

Be here Friday? Wait for the full fun experience.

Delayed a couple weeks? Get IOS10 now for loving around with

I got the first week of October window but I guess I can update my iPad Pro to dink around with it. I'm just worried it will make battery life worse on my 5s.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.
Oddly enough my iPad Air 2 updated without any problems, and I initiated the OTA at basically the same time.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if you're using a computer to update, be sure to update iTunes first. iTunes 12.5.1 is out but wasn't showing up in Apple Software Update on Windows for me, causing the Error 14

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

No problem installing iOS 10, but it's failing to authenticate my Apple ID even though I can confirm I'm entering my password correctly. *sigh* Dammit, Apple!

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of an iphone charging station that also has USB ports to charge other stuff?

Something like this, but for iphones instead of the Apple Watch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I've been using iOS 10 for about a month or two now and I have to say there is only one thing that really bothers me about it (everything else is pretty awesome). The way AirPlay is handled now is really strange. They basically separated AirPlay mirroring from just regular AirPlay. If I'm listening to music on my phone for instance, and I wanted to start listening through my Apple TV....before I would just swipe up from the bottom and click AirPlay, then Apple TV. But doing that now will AirPlay Mirror my phone onto the Apple TV (this used to be a sub-option that you could toggle on/off), to AirPlay just the audio to the Apple TV, you have to swipe up from the bottom, then swipe over to the music controls, then select iPhone and change it to Apple TV.

I sort of understand why they did it, since they moved all of the music controls to their own "panel", but it still feels like they needlessly split up AirPlay into two completely different things now when it was fine how it was.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Housh posted:

I'm just gonna upgrade; I can't see them gimping the performance like other versions did. The machine learning used to process photos may be a resource hog, but I'm not sure when it runs and whether it even runs on our peasant phones.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Got lucky, was at the apple screen when people started posting about problems updating and was prepared for a lousy afternoon, but then the update finished and everything's fine.

But now my phone is an oven I assume because there's an indexing process going on in the background. I wouldn't update if you don't have a charge cable on hand because it's trashing my battery atm.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

W E L P

iphone SE, 9.3.5-> 10: got the plug in and try to restore from itunes :smith:

My work 6S, which i've been testing for MDM since beta 4 is flawless.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Vintimus Prime posted:

Yup happened to me as well. Ton of people over in Macrumors too. First time I've ever had an issue doing an OTA update from Apple

Just had this happen to me. Got back to my desk and saw the iTunes symbol on my phone. Oh dear.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Air 2 updated fine. Fingers crossed that my 5S is similarly painless.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You don't have to restore, you just have to install iTunes on your computer, restart your computer and then plug in your phone and it will start the download properly for ios10.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Just hit the update button, what have I done?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

drat, I have an unusable phone right now, and calls needing to be made.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I restarted and everything started working

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
How bad is AppleMusic? I'm assuming it's going to screw something up.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Pivo posted:

I restarted and everything started working

It might just be overloaded?

But yeah verify your AppleID and the device password before updating!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
My 6S got a botched OTA update.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Three-Phase posted:

It might just be overloaded?

But yeah verify your AppleID and the device password before updating!

Well, I know what my password is, don't worry... have to enter that thing a million times... I think the servers were just overloaded as you said, when I restarted and tried again it got right in.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Three-Phase posted:

It's cool.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

If you decline their 3 month free trial they pester you with a giant banner at the top of the Music app. In settings there is an option to turn that off.. and it doesn't work. It only removes the heart icon from the bottom bar. :fuckoff:

(banner only shows up when you look at the connect/radio tabs which I guess I have no use for)

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Holy poo poo ios10 lets you delete a bunch of stock apps. A thousand blessings upon Tim.

iirc it just hides them on your homescreen; it doesen't actually remove them from your device.

Still nice to not have to look at the dumb watch app though

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Three-Phase posted:

Are you a sperg with 6 hour EDM mixtape? Not for you.

Are you a normal sexhaver? It's cool.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three-Phase posted:

It's actually pretty cool and good. I've been using it since it came out and it suits my needs pretty well. They started doing some new things like giving you a curated mix of new music every week and their daily playlists are getting less repetitive.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mine didn't error out (6+) but I had to skip the two-factor authentication and Apple Pay setups because the servers were so overloaded it just hung there.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Last year, I remember getting a botched OTA update. This year was smooth on my 6.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

It removed my entire library of purchased music, when I ended my 3m trial. Still trying to salvage this clusterfuck, but iTunes hates me.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Botched OTA Update on my 6s. Had to connect to iTunes and download 9.3.5 again. After that I downloaded iOS 10 and updated from within iTunes. Worked like a charm.
I love that I can type in two languages simultaneously now. I only wish I could hide one of the keyboards so that I could switch quickly between typing and emojis.

Also I don't really like the new look of the widgets. Especially the reminders widget looks stupid when empty. On iOS 9 it would just be invisible if there's no upcoming reminder...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

If you decline their 3 month free trial they pester you with a giant banner at the top of the Music app. In settings there is an option to turn that off.. and it doesn't work. It only removes the heart icon from the bottom bar. :fuckoff:

(banner only shows up when you look at the connect/radio tabs which I guess I have no use for)

There's no Connect tab anymore. It's just at the bottom of For You.

And I agree that its recommendations are a lot better with iOS 10.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/JohnPaczkowski/status/775765814204960768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I got through my update successfully on my 6S.

Question re: Bedtime. Can you only set it up for one wake time? I have a different schedule MWF as I go to the gym. I wake up roughly an hour later T,TR.