Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

... lol ok :jerkbag:

Does this broad do anything but make obvious guesses?

Jesus fuckin Christ

aaaugh fuckin broads!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

People get paid to make the obliquely stupid posts I've been making in this thread.

...because word is now that the NX is a device exclusively to make shitposts and the people getting paid are Nintendo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I predict the nx will be released next year, in Q4 1928, when we say things like "broads"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You can't hit the broad side of a barn with an NX, but you can hunt ducks, that's right, Duck Hunt NX is a launch title, hoo yeah.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Eh, I knew I shouldn't have said that. But really. None of these fucks know anything, they're just making poo poo up!!!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Rogers was the first person to say the NX has a 720p screen and 32gb internal memory. So let's see if that's true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think my Nintendo Cross name theory is more realistic than 99% of predictions out there.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I think my Nintendo Cross name theory is more realistic than 99% of predictions out there.

All of the predictions in this thread are plausible.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

All of the predictions in this thread are plausible.

I think this thread is more realistic than most predictions, yes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
NX = Never Existed

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

garfield hentai posted:

She got my hopes up for Mother 3 and now I will never trust her or anyone ever again.

Eurogamer reported that too, so I honestly think it's still happening and was just shelved for NX VC. But who knows.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
at least 3 mothers will buy the nx

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Blazing Zero posted:

at least 3 mothers will buy the nx

You mean "rent".

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The NX will have mind control.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Barry Convex posted:

I have no idea if she's right about this, and I know she's gotten some stuff wrong in the past, but I'm not sure exactly what Emily has done to earn this reputation as the biggest lying liar who ever lied about insider info. Nearly all her NX info has been backed up by much more reputable sources.

She said something incorrect about the mother series. Gamers can't forgive that sort of thing.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never played Paper Mario, why are people upset about this new one?

Good news, you're the target audience.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Phantasium posted:

People get paid to make the obliquely stupid posts I've been making in this thread.

...because word is now that the NX is a device exclusively to make shitposts and the people getting paid are Nintendo.

so it's a miiverse machine

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Miiverse is a blessed gift from Iwata directly to us.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DalaranJ posted:

Good news, you're the target audience.

I don't own a Wii U

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

These loss edits are becoming rather abstract aren't they?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Remember the Nintendo ON? Renamed the NX. They slipped the headset on us months ago. We are inside the NX.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't own a Wii U

You've posted this more than once, with plenty of time in between to go out and buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that diagram says "win-win model" at the top as if all this time other companies have been scratching their heads wondering why their win-lose and lose-win models haven't been taking off.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't own a Wii U

Rumor has it, it will also be on the NX.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

antidote posted:

Remember the Nintendo ON? Renamed the NX. They slipped the headset on us months ago. We are inside the NX.

First up on the #Nindies list, indie game Off for the Nintendo ON.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gonna be so bummed when the nx is revealed to be just another console with cool nintendo games

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

You've posted this more than once, with plenty of time in between to go out and buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus

I'm probably gonna get a 3DS soon. I hear that one has more then ten good games

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Guy Goodbody posted:

No system has ever had more than ten good games.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Boogaleeboo posted:

I actually rather agree with this. I can't think of a single system I've ever owned, and I've basically had them all apart from 360 and the Bone, that had more than about 10 games I would consider exceptional. My Wii U actually has a good 8 or so games that I would call "great", and I've never even played that copy of Wonderful 101 that I got when Club Nintendo closed.

Also perhaps the Sega Genesis. That thing was pimp.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I dunno, both Playstation and Playstation 2 have about 1 zillion games. Compared to the N64 that had a grand total of 296.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boogaleeboo posted:

Did you never have a PS2 or a DS?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I dunno, both Playstation and Playstation 2 have about 1 zillion games. Compared to the N64 that had a grand total of 296.

If you count all regions you can get that N64 number up to 388. There were actually a fair number of really quality N64 games that never left Japan. Sin and Punishment is the obvious example, but not the only one.

The N64 even had the best (only) console version of Starcraft, with Brood War campaigns, split-screen multi, and even a secret bonus plot mission only available to masochists who beat all six campaigns without using cheat codes (I did this! In...like...2008, because giving up on Starcraft 64 as a kid was one of my lifelong shames that I decided to correct nearly a decade later. Resurrection IV is a weird mission that foreshadows Starcraft II heavily even though it was released nearly a decade before Starcraft II)

Command and Conquer 64 was terrible compared to the PC version, but it's really impressive that that even existed.

No one would be crazy enough to put RTS games on consoles anymore, let alone Nintendo consoles. Starcraft 64 ended up being my most played N64 game by a lot, with Command and Conquer a distant second. Those games are the main reason I have fond memories of the N64.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wouldn't the Wii U control pad have worked really well for RTSs?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Patter Song posted:

If you count all regions you can get that N64 number up to 388. There were actually a fair number of really quality N64 games that never left Japan. Sin and Punishment is the obvious example, but not the only one.

The N64 even had the best (only) console version of Starcraft, with Brood War campaigns, split-screen multi, and even a secret bonus plot mission only available to masochists who beat all six campaigns without using cheat codes (I did this! In...like...2008, because giving up on Starcraft 64 as a kid was one of my lifelong shames that I decided to correct nearly a decade later. Resurrection IV is a weird mission that foreshadows Starcraft II heavily even though it was released nearly a decade before Starcraft II)

Command and Conquer 64 was terrible compared to the PC version, but it's really impressive that that even existed.

No one would be crazy enough to put RTS games on consoles anymore, let alone Nintendo consoles. Starcraft 64 ended up being my most played N64 game by a lot, with Command and Conquer a distant second. Those games are the main reason I have fond memories of the N64.

they put supcom on the 360. twice. and youve got halo wars on 360 and a new one coming out on xboone. and tropico if you count that.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I really enjoyed that Lord of the Rings RTS on Xbox 360. I ended up trying it out on PC later and it just wasn't the same.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

I wish Emily Rogers was like all of the games journalists who are in constant contact with hobby leaders, but still manage to gently caress up worse than her.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Super No Vacancy posted:

aaaugh fuckin broads!!!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I predict the nx will be released next year, in Q4 1928, when we say things like "broads"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqeatUvRu68

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm curious, for those of you who owned multiple consoles from this generation (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U), what, if anything, made Nintendo's first party titles stand out from the games on other systems?

I think what Nintendo does better than anyone else is just plain good design. They don't have the most pixels or the most hdees but they take what they have and they just make things look good with it. In particular, I think they make the most vibrant and colorful games, which really stands out in the age of greybrown AAA blockbusters.

The sound and music they have in their games always stands out to me too compared to the boring forgettable orchestral scores you get in most games on other consoles. Like the attention to sound effects on Splatoon for example, the sound of the ink splatters or the little splashing noise when you drive into ink. That all goes a long way for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I hope everyone enjoyed today's big announcement. Many more to come in the future, stay tuned.

• Locked thread