Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

kaptainkaffeine posted:

this is way more hosed up than healsluttin'

SlimGoodbody posted:

Christ this is bad and reactionary as gently caress. I keep forgetting Blizzard is based in Irvine, the most bourgeois party of Orange County, which is already California's Texas. "A grizzled, retired soldier defends the country from religious extremists and race rioters," holy gently caress I hate this so much

We really do need to be talking more about how incredibly hilariously bad and awful this is, not to mention probably lowkey racist as hell

FAUXTON posted:

I play Zarya a lot so I guess there's that angle to it too but lol at Zenyatta being the bottom in that relationship because the canon says Zarya hates robots.

Just hatefuck until the bolts fall out and then keep going. WE ARE IN HARMONY, YES? TRANK-VILITY ROBOT FEELINGS, HEH *crushes "orbs of destruction" between thighs*

This is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kashuno posted:

7 minute bnet queue then login into overwatch and get "there are 3000 players in front of you"

Found this in the mean time

Christ, even the support tickets are fetish efficient. There's at least three there I can name off the top of my head.

If anyone needs me, I'll be editing the wiki to reflect that Roadhog is now the canon protaganist.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Honestly, this is incredibly sad, but I did enjoy writing this. I hope you like this, anon. If you have any questions, message me.

Reaper
• It wouldn’t be a shock if the child was afraid of him. However, he didn’t think it was for the reason it happened to be.
• When he found out about the child’s abusive father, he began to remember the moments that should’ve been obvious to him.
• The child would flinch away from him at times or avoid him completely. And they’d cling to you whenever the three of you spent time together.
• Reaper would take a different approach while around the child. He would try to be gentler and quieter, not wanting the child to think he’s going to hurt them.
• It would finally take him saying something to them, explaining that he isn’t there to hurt you or the child.

McCree
• McCree would probably understand how it feels to have parents or someone he loves leave. When he heard about the abusive nature of your ex, he’d do everything he could to make them happy.
• He’d spend hours every day hanging out with the child until they realize that the cowboy isn’t going to leave any time soon.
• McCree would be incredibly gentle around the child, knowing they still have some memories of what their father did to him.
• This cowboy would secretly find the father and kick his rear end.

Junkrat
• Junkrat wouldn’t notice the way the child acts around him until they flinch when his voice gets a little too loud.
• He’d ask you what was wrong, already hating the man you had been with at one point.
• After that, he’d attempt to include the child in things until they warm up to him, loving the times they had together.
• Junkrat would have a few hiccups here and there, but it wouldn’t take long for the child to stay around him.
• The child eventually would cling to him at all times.

Roadhog
• Roadhog would notice right away, and he’d quickly find ways to make the child smile.
• He won’t say much, but he’ll constantly bring them stuffed animals and toys until the child smiles when they see him.
• Roadhog would constantly carry the child around, doing things to make them laugh.
• He wouldn’t have to tell the child that he is there to stay as long as you want him there.

Lúcio
• Lúcio is used to people liking him, so he’s shocked when the child keeps away from him, clearly scared.
• He’d try too hard at first, eventually realizing that the child needed someone gentler.
• After that, he’d do everything he can to not push them. He’d bring them fun trinkets or toys to play with, and he’d definitely teach them all about music.
• Lúcio would soon become his usual self around the child, making them laugh with jokes and puns. He’d also find ways to make their days brighter.

Soldier: 76
• Soldier: 76 isn’t exactly the warmest person to be around, but he knew right away that the child was scared of him.
• He isn’t the type to bring gifts, but he’d take them to places like the park or hiking or the batting cages.
• He’d also tell them about his life in Overwatch (cutting out the bad moments). He’d let the child wear his jacket, too.
• Since he isn’t much for talking, Soldier: 76 uses these moments to make sure the child knows what kind of man he is.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You all need to take it easy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Wtf is this

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm now ok about climate change

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We need do way instain mother who frag their babby, for this babby cannot cap point.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
From a design standpoint, a few things I'm disappointed about the game:

-Three characters have cybernetic arms, but this is neither factored into their primary attack nor movesets.

-Two characters use two guns at a time, but again, they didn't find anything unique to do with this (like having LMB and RMB fire your left/right gun giving you the option of either firing both at the same time or alternating so you can fire continuously through reloads)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

-The one character that can turn into an actual tank isn't a tank

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Fateo McMurray posted:

-The one character that can turn into an actual tank isn't a tank

true horror

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

From a design standpoint, a few things I'm disappointed about the game:

-Three characters have cybernetic arms, but this is neither factored into their primary attack nor movesets.

-Two characters use two guns at a time, but again, they didn't find anything unique to do with this (like having LMB and RMB fire your left/right gun giving you the option of either firing both at the same time or alternating so you can fire continuously through reloads)

If tracer had to hold both mouse buttons to fire both her guns she would be the worst designed character in this game, and if reaper could fire both his guns simultaneously he would be the most overpowered character in this game, so I would suggest not making suggestions again.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

If they had designed it as Panfilo had described from the beginning you wouldn't know any different, because that's the way it would have always been, dunk rear end.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

We need do way instain mother who frag their babby, for this babby cannot cap point.

I saw it on the news this mroing. a mother in AR who had block her 3 kids.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kashuno posted:

If tracer had to hold both mouse buttons to fire both her guns she would be the worst designed character in this game, and if reaper could fire both his guns simultaneously he would be the most overpowered character in this game, so I would suggest not making suggestions again.

They could tune the damage accordingly. And I didn't suggest that Reaper or Tracer's guns should work like this specifically, I was just pointing out that the fact that they both dual-wield 'pistols' is merely for show and doesn't factor into their abilities at all.

My suggestion was merely to take something like having two guns and find creative ways to integrate it into their abilities, instead of just holding down LMB when the crosshairs cover an enemy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's possible they do something like that in the future, but there is a lot of design space they purposefully left unexplored. It's a good way to do things for longevity sake

KoB
May 1, 2009
How could they make a cowboy with a robot arm and not make the robot arm transform into a gun of some kind?? worst game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

KoB posted:

How could they make a cowboy with a robot arm and not make the robot arm transform into a gun of some kind?? worst game

the next new hero is actually megatron

his ult is turning into a gun that other people shoot

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kashuno posted:

It's possible they do something like that in the future, but there is a lot of design space they purposefully left unexplored. It's a good way to do things for longevity sake

Yeah, I was just thinking of all the interesting places they could go with character design that could still keep the game balanced. I understand its tricky, though; you don't want a character with abilities that completely wreck the map balance (like if they could briefly phase through walls or something) nor do you want a kit that would utterly shut down another heroes kit (though I suppose Ana kind of does this vs other healers). There aren't that many DoT abilities currently in the game, for example, so there's room to grow there. Or a character that could only do awkward floaty Luigi-like jumps or something.

quote:

I kind of assumed maybe he's a little embarrassed about having a robot arm, given that its kind of tucked under his poncho most of the time?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want another melee hero that is an assassin not a tank that'd be cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

dragonblade

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nah

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kashuno posted:

It should be some midget with two shivs that jumps on their back and stabs them.

Jump has less vertical height than other heroes, but can cling to walls by pressing space.

Shift jumps on their face like a face hugger

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

KoB posted:

They should give McCree a Horse-shaped robot buddy.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Panfilo posted:

It should be some midget with two shivs that jumps on their back and stabs them.

Jump has less vertical height than other heroes, but can cling to walls by pressing space.

Shift jumps on their face like a face hugger

I mean I'm sure some of the people that worked on Battleborn are looking for a new job.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was surprised that mccree didn't get a victory pose with a horse during the summer event

where's my golf dad soldier skin, blizzard

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
A hero that was literally a cyborg horse complete with an ultumate that let another hero ride on its back.

I'm sure nobody would be weird about it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
"Awkward Luigi jump"? Isn't that pretty much Pharah?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Alien Rope Burn posted:

"Awkward Luigi jump"? Isn't that pretty much Pharah?

Hmm I guess so, though I assumed she could get decent horizontal distance with hers.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Well i finally managed to win a Placement Match - Eichenwald, but thats with 6 other losses,

Again any hints from you expert players what I am still doing wrong (and yes I was Pwned by Mei )

https://www.facebook.com/theresajaynef/videos/10154067904565674/

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

TheresaJayne posted:

Well i finally managed to win a Placement Match - Eichenwald, but thats with 6 other losses,

Again any hints from you expert players what I am still doing wrong (and yes I was Pwned by Mei )

Starting with your Reaper play, your goal as Reaper should be to get behind the enemy lines and waste people before they know you're there, but you never used his teleport to that effect. Wraith Form is also his "oh poo poo I'm taking damage" button, not his "get me to the front line slightly faster" button. As a matter of fact, you shouldn't usually be behind a Reinhardt or walking the main path--take the side path to better flank the enemy. Lastly, Reaper's clip size is too small and his damage at anything over 10 yards out is too pitiful to spam attack as much as you did--you constantly lose fights because you're reloading.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

TheresaJayne posted:

i can't possibly watch any video that doesn't have a killfeed enabled

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

f#a# posted:

Starting with your Reaper play, your goal as Reaper should be to get behind the enemy lines and waste people before they know you're there, but you never used his teleport to that effect. Wraith Form is also his "oh poo poo I'm taking damage" button, not his "get me to the front line slightly faster" button. As a matter of fact, you shouldn't usually be behind a Reinhardt or walking the main path--take the side path to better flank the enemy. Lastly, Reaper's clip size is too small and his damage at anything over 10 yards out is too pitiful to spam attack as much as you did--you constantly lose fights because you're reloading.

I didn't watch the entire clip but I agree. For example, on Ilios you shouldn't stand around on point, especially not firing at a range on people. Teleport on top of the building to the side, or even on top of the lighthouse itself if you want to stay closer to your team. But preferably you'd set up closer to their spawn so you can flank their support when they start to push in.
Playing Junkrat on Numbani attack might not also be the best choice, in particular since you seemed to go the center route most of the time. Junkrat is bad at firing upwards and the enemy team can easily hit you from the ledges.

At just a general tip, you reload way too seldom. For instance, at around min 24 you stand around on point with 1/8 as Reaper. So if someone were to enter you'll only get one shot off before you have to reload, minimizing your ability to deal damage and exposing yourself way more to enemy fire. Watch pro streamers, they reload obsessively so as soon as you're not firing - reload. For that matter, watch some streamers in general just to pick up on position and general game sense. Most of us will never equal them in pure skill, but there's a lot to learn concerning the fundamentals of the game. This also helps to offset any weaknesses, such as if your aim, like mine, isn't the best.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

TheresaJayne posted:

Short version: you pick without regard to what the team needs and then your mechanics are not good on top of that.

Scrubbed forward to the first loss on Numbani, scrubbed further to around minute 8 or so.

Saw you get penned into spawn spamming junkrat pills at nothing for 60 seconds and fail to cap first point when Literally Any Tank would have beefed the last third of the point. Also Junkrat's tire is useless when red team is not preoccupied by a teamfight. If your team is trickling and not fighting as a discrete unit then... yeah, that's gonna be an obstacle to Maximum Junkrat.

Saw a bit of the next round: Please just stop picking Junkrat and get comfy on some Tanks and Supports if you prefer to win and not lose. It is very consistently a lack of beef that keeps you from taking and holding points with enough time bank to win. That Volskaya match after Ilios? They clowned you out because they had Rein and D.Va and you just couldn't output enough damage even after the Reaper switch. Zarya would've had a larger HP pool while also ruining the D.Va's day and helping keep the rest of your team alive, too. Then you picked Bastion into a Pharah which, holy moses... I know you were trying to stall out the clock for a draw and this was good! Bastion into Pharah is not the way to do it. Certainly not for four and a half minutes during which they can easily adjust even if they weren't set up from the jump to counter a Bastion pick.

The match you won on Eichenwald defense? You held with a D.Va and Rein backed up with Mercy heals while you played footsie with a Mei (who clowned on you half a dozen times in the exact same way as Reaper, jeet christ) for most of the time. Their tanks near as I could see? A solo Road "Ultimate Meter Donator" Hog. They didn't have enough HP pool to take a single point.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

The next overwatch hero should be Adam Jensen.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

Short version: you pick without regard to what the team needs and then your mechanics are not good on top of that.

Scrubbed forward to the first loss on Numbani, scrubbed further to around minute 8 or so.

Saw you get penned into spawn spamming junkrat pills at nothing for 60 seconds and fail to cap first point when Literally Any Tank would have beefed the last third of the point. Also Junkrat's tire is useless when red team is not preoccupied by a teamfight. If your team is trickling and not fighting as a discrete unit then... yeah, that's gonna be an obstacle to Maximum Junkrat.

Saw a bit of the next round: Please just stop picking Junkrat and get comfy on some Tanks and Supports if you prefer to win and not lose. It is very consistently a lack of beef that keeps you from taking and holding points with enough time bank to win. That Volskaya match after Ilios? They clowned you out because they had Rein and D.Va and you just couldn't output enough damage even after the Reaper switch. Zarya would've had a larger HP pool while also ruining the D.Va's day and helping keep the rest of your team alive, too. Then you picked Bastion into a Pharah which, holy moses... I know you were trying to stall out the clock for a draw and this was good! Bastion into Pharah is not the way to do it. Certainly not for four and a half minutes during which they can easily adjust even if they weren't set up from the jump to counter a Bastion pick.

The match you won on Eichenwald defense? You held with a D.Va and Rein backed up with Mercy heals while you played footsie with a Mei (who clowned on you half a dozen times in the exact same way as Reaper, jeet christ) for most of the time. Their tanks near as I could see? A solo Road "Ultimate Meter Donator" Hog. They didn't have enough HP pool to take a single point.

I was told by people here, I cannot aim so choose someone who doesnt need to aim.
a Diamond friend suggested Junkrat.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

the next hero should be Hardcore Henry

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

pakman posted:

The next overwatch hero should be Adam Jensen.

He would actually fit in pretty well to be honest

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Help Im Alive posted:

He would actually fit in pretty well to be honest

his character overlaps with soldier too much

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

TheresaJayne posted:

I was told by people here, I cannot aim so choose someone who doesnt need to aim.
a Diamond friend suggested Junkrat.

Junkrat is good but he is situational and demands that you play to his strengths, otherwise you're a sitting duck. Other non-aiming heroes that are good are Winston or Lucio (if you do damage with him then consider that a bonus). Or Zarya, as someone said above, but optimally you should at least be able to track decently to make the most out of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TheresaJayne posted:

I watched two minutes of that junkrat play on volskaya.

don't just throw your mine out and hope it hits something. as much as people rag on it, it's still a huge mobility boost. why keep shelling the same chokepoint no one is actually at when you could pop up to higher ground and actually see what you're shooting at.

oh dearie me don't use your riptire like that. you don't need to use it the second it is up. what did you expect just throwing it through the same chokepoint that everyone has covered?

seriously, move up. you're not doing anything to actually capture the objective. someone is trying to cap solo right now while you dick around.

stop using mines like that!!! at least layer them with snares if you're just going to throw them out into the universe and hope for the best. you could have set up an easy kill on zenyatta instead of just pushing his ult around the point.

i play a lot of junkrat and i don't know why you're on him right now. a tank would be choice in this situation. you're not super well equipped to handle their team as junkrat.

don't launch your riptire in direct view of zenyatta.

edit: don't amble all the way to the point when you could hop over terrain. during the overtime with 56:16 in the video you NAIL what to do with a mine during a firefight, wait until they're close enough you can pop it instantly. you could have also thrown it between you and reaper to buy yourself distance and do some damage. make sure you throw out your snare when you're capping in overtime, trap them right outside the point.

edit edit: 55:34 left, you throw your riptire out in front with no one in sight and the enemy team clustered by the choke in front of the second point. instead if you had hopped up on the structure by the platforms on the left you could have angled it behind them and then gotten at least a double. work on flanking, that's the key to using most ultimates.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 14, 2016