Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't think anyone ever doubted if it worked or not. The problem is that apparently he doesn't know that electric pencil sharpeners exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Paladinus posted:

He's back to prove you non-believers wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKamQglrSQY

but what about an electric sharpener.......

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also you can buy, you know, regular sharpeners that catch shavings too????

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

There was a time that I'd say that no one is this stupid, but that was before the Trump campaign.

I was out with a few friends the other night and watched some teenage barwoman with awe as she twisted the corkscrew in, jammed the bottle between her legs and just started loving yanking as hard as she could, took like 30 seconds and was pretty embarrassing to watch. (it was one of the kinds with the "anchor" that hooks onto the lip of the bottle - http://i.imgur.com/Ao68dEe.jpg) anyway we giggled about it a bit and that was that. 2nd bottle of wine came a bit later on but thankfully she'd found a solution in the interim. She asks the slightly older barman to open the bottle while she noted down some orders and he proceeded to do the same loving thing. The video of the guy using a SHOE to open a bottle was faster than both of them

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

HardDisk posted:

I don't think anyone ever doubted if it worked or not. The problem is that apparently he doesn't know that electric pencil sharpeners exist.

Exactly. I'd like to see how many pencils he could sharpen in a minute if he also had to walk down to the garage to get his drill, come back and put the super sharpener together instead of just reaching into the desk drawer and grabbing a normal one. Also lol at how he acts like he invented the shaving-catching container.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Speaking of sharpeners I saw a video today about converting an EOS lip balm egg into a pencil sharpener. Because that's at all easier or cheaper than just buying a small sharpener itself.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Choco1980 posted:

Speaking of sharpeners I saw a video today about converting an EOS lip balm egg into a pencil sharpener. Because that's at all easier or cheaper than just buying a small sharpener itself.

It might, actually, there was a period of months where my family loving scoured every store we could find that would conceivably carry school supplies and not a one of them had a single pencil sharpener. Pencils, eraser toppers, little foam sleeves for keeping your horrible claw-like hands from cramping while using pencils, tiny condoms for protecting your pencils while you shove them in your rear end, but not a single goddamn sharpener, electric or otherwise. Wound up going to a craft supply store and shelling out relatively big money for an artist-grade metal sharpener.

Also I kept seeing hacks to make your own EOS lip balm because apparently the american buy-a-new-one mentality somehow doesn't apply to something as cheap and useless as lip balm.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

He's back to prove you non-believers wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKamQglrSQY

He's deliberately doing the manual sharpening very slowly and that makes me mad. (Because he didn't need to cheat to win but he still chose to cheat.)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You know what I think I still want one, because then I'd have a Turbo pencil sharpener. Pretty bitchin, I'm sure you'll agree.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I am defeated

Outhacked, as it were.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Add some bullshit about Apple “testing the waters with a hidden jack. they can drill it out at the Apple Store if wireless is a flop”.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Chisel a microUSB port through the screen.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Kuiperdolin posted:

Chisel a microUSB port through the screen.

don't be ridiculous. it's a miniUSB, not micro

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Oh man, am I on the ground floor for the new microwave charging? :allears:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Radio Help posted:

don't be ridiculous. it's a miniUSB, not micro

Don't be an rear end in a top hat. People will believe you and try it.
We all know it's actually a firewire port.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nah, that's on the Galaxy Note 7.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Non Serviam posted:

Don't be an rear end in a top hat. People will believe you and try it.
We all know it's actually a firewire port.

The reason they call it a firewire port is that you can actually transmit wirelessly as long as it and the receiving port are hot enough. Get out your blowtorch and watch your transfer speeds soar!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Somfin posted:

The reason they call it a firewire port is that you can actually transmit wirelessly as long as it and the receiving port are hot enough. Get out your blowtorch and watch your transfer speeds soar!

No --open flame around your phone is stupid. i can't believe you'd tell them to do that.

A hotplate should get it warm enough.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

flosofl posted:

No --open flame around your phone is stupid. i can't believe you'd tell them to do that.

No, no, no! Clearly you put it in the microwave for faster transfer and charging at the same time! :science:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

flosofl posted:

It's only an open flame if the air around the phone isn't saturated with gasoline fumes. Paint works too. Ventilation will ruin the effect, though- be sure to let the room saturate for at least twenty minutes before you start the heating process.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nah, that's on the Galaxy Note 7.

:golfclap:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Somfin posted:

It's only an open flame if the air around the phone isn't saturated with gasoline fumes. Paint works too. Ventilation will ruin the effect, though- be sure to let the room saturate for at least twenty minutes before you start the heating process.

Be sure to rinse your phone in bleach and ammonia first, to make charging faster.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Be sure to rinse your phone in bleach and ammonia first, to make charging faster.
It's like Gatorade for battery electrons!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Croccers posted:

It's like Gatorade for battery electrons!

So, you're saying it's got what batteries crave?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Got a stain on your clothing? Make it worse.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Don't put cheese on your food! Put yeast on it instead!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgt0GvXHUZk

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nutritional yeast is legit good, though

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

chitoryu12 posted:

"Don't put cheese on your food! Put yeast on it instead!"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wanamingo posted:

Nutritional yeast is legit good, though

Plus if you've got grey teeth or gums it'll clear that right up

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What to do if my teeth and gums are bright purple?

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

What to do if my teeth and gums are bright purple?

Stop eating blueberries.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Something, something Violet Beauregarde.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

The vintage dress now looks even more hipstery than it did before, meaning I will continue to look like I belong in my Brooklyn neighborhood.

:wrongful:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I've only had it a couple times, but holy poo poo that is way too much vegemite...

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

She gets extra points for bringing up glorious Nippon. :japan:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Zipperelli. posted:

I've only had it a couple times, but holy poo poo that is way too much vegemite...

Looks like someone used toast to wipe good lord good hack.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I was just about to post about how it's not enough

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

The Schwa posted:

I was just about to post about how it's not enough

:stare:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The amount looks right but it's spread too unevenly, there's obviously visible lumps and the corners are ungooped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Lifehack: Vegemite is for hipsters and criminals, spread katsup on your toast instead.