Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I'm still pretty excited about The Gods War, which is getting pretty close to wrapping up. It funded really quickly, and is sitting at just over half a million in funding with less than three days to go. The most notable stretch goals reached have been the addition of a fourth empire – the moon faction – in the expansion box (bringing the total up to eight), and the addition of a 6-8 player map. Sandy has been pretty active, posting lots of design updates and a couple actual plays of the game, and apparently planning crossover rules with Cthulhu Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

The Star Patrol kickstarter is so utterly hosed that it's not funny. The dude has been hosed over by a printer after printer and finally might, maybe, have a shippable product on the way. I don't know what keeps this dude going but he is utterly dedicated to bringing it home. It's like the mirror universe Far West.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mike12345 posted:

The fact you require nudity to have a purpose is really weird.

be real with me my man, you haven't stopped yanking the crank for 12 years have you

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Haystack posted:

I'm still pretty excited about The Gods War, which is getting pretty close to wrapping up. It funded really quickly, and is sitting at just over half a million in funding with less than three days to go. The most notable stretch goals reached have been the addition of a fourth empire – the moon faction – in the expansion box (bringing the total up to eight), and the addition of a 6-8 player map. Sandy has been pretty active, posting lots of design updates and a couple actual plays of the game, and apparently planning crossover rules with Cthulhu Wars.

I was wondering if there were ducks

found them in the Elder races :toot:

Zurui posted:

The Star Patrol kickstarter is so utterly hosed that it's not funny. The dude has been hosed over by a printer after printer and finally might, maybe, have a shippable product on the way. I don't know what keeps this dude going but he is utterly dedicated to bringing it home. It's like the mirror universe Far West.

Good for him. Who are these scofflaw printers and what are their names?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Alaois posted:

be real with me my man, you haven't stopped yanking the crank for 12 years have you

tbh I have no intention of buying those nor do I own any minis. I wouldn't buy it because it looks tacky, the nudity I don't really care about. I basically agree with the other posters that the target demographic is probably not fine art connaisseurs. us pop culture approaches sexuality in different ways than europe does, but using gaming miniatures as a starting point for that discussion was probably* a bit cheeky on my part.

* in france it's called le shitpost

Impermanent posted:

le honh honh yeew uncultured ameericans require a raison for your teetees. in my europe we require no raison to see a teetee or arrest women for hijabz.

also this made me giggle.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Helical Nightmares posted:

Good for him. Who are these scofflaw printers and what are their names?

He's too professional to name any names, I guess. I would believe that it's all a big hoax to cover up something or another but the dude has a good industry history and seems to just be getting the shaft on this one project.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Jonathan Green's kickstarter for The Wicked Wizard of Oz gamebook was doing pretty well for a while but seems to have stalled about two thirds of the way there. I'd be good to see this in print because the guy does great work but it might not make it over the line at this rate.

I think he's probably messed up with the pledge levels (£20 for the book and then a huge jump to £50 for a hardcover copy, with the other pledges being for stuff like coloring books, playing cards, rollmats and other addons). It's all a bit overcomplicated and fussy for what should be a relatively simple project and a lot of it's expensive so it's probably hurting him. For the base book though price is OK and includes a PDF version, and shipping seems reasonable.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.

GrandpaPants posted:

It's not about to ship at all, though? They said that they won't start to manufacture until Pledge Managers are finalized, and I'm not going to finalize my Pledge Manager until those user tests start coming in. Maybe I can devote an entire BitBox to Cthulhu Wars...

Oh it was just tests. Oops!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've backed FUnfair, a game about building a theme park. Rules seem light, there's some variety of setup, might be a bit random depending on cards but I like the art and layout.

Last few days of the kickstarter as well!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Tekopo posted:

I've backed FUnfair, a game about building a theme park. Rules seem light, there's some variety of setup, might be a bit random depending on cards but I like the art and layout.

I like the game, but $50 seems a bit steep, especially since the only KS exclusives are 12 "preview" cards from future expansions. I just know I'll be able to get it cheaper from CSI or Miniature Market or whatever when it hits retail without losing anything important.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tekopo posted:

This one is going to be on sale at Spiel, I thought.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mint Works hit its last stretch goal today, and has about 10 hours left. $10 gets you a nice little engine builder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Deadlands 20th Anniversary Kickstarter just launched.

e: They're also doing one for A Deseret sourcebook/Hellstrome plot point campaign.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 13, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
It's good to see but I have zero interest in the old Deadlands system. To me, seeing the conclusion of their plot point campaigns (and the game's metaplot thus far) feels a lot more significant. Still, it's almost like seeing the beginning and end of the line at the same time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I like the box, but in not sure it will make it to production. Jack Daniels is very protective of their labeling.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
I parked a box in case I decide I have $200 burning a hole in my pocket in a couple of weeks.

Shane Hensley knows his poo poo, and I'm certain he would have checked into potential copyright infringement with the box.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's good to see but I have zero interest in the old Deadlands system. To me, seeing the conclusion of their plot point campaigns (and the game's metaplot thus far) feels a lot more significant. Still, it's almost like seeing the beginning and end of the line at the same time.
Yeah, while I'm not super-interested in the Anniversary book (I still have my originals, and the system hasn't aged well), I do like that Pinnacle has been putting out campaigns that let the PCs be the ones who take down the main bad guys themselves instead of watching NPCs do it in cutscenes.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, while I'm not super-interested in the Anniversary book (I still have my originals, and the system hasn't aged well), I do like that Pinnacle has been putting out campaigns that let the PCs be the ones who take down the main bad guys themselves instead of watching NPCs do it in cutscenes.

Their use of metaplot has improved much more than their system has, imo. Reloaded was a good improvement on the original, but the originals still have their charm in a wacky, try new things sort of way. I might toss down :20bux: for the pretty PDF, but I'm definitely not going to buy anything physical for it because I don't have the space or the desire.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hell On Earth Reloaded kind of split the difference on metaplot; the big nutbag battle between the Reckoners and everyone else still happened, but the assumption is that HoE: Reloaded takes place shortly thereafter, with the Reckoners gone and all the major NPCs off the table, allowing PCs (or others) to fill in the voids.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I like the box, but in not sure it will make it to production. Jack Daniels is very protective of their labeling.

Haha, they have no standing on the trade dress part, since it's not for an actual drink product and would most likely fall under Parody. What JD is most protective of (and which that box lacks) is the 'Tennessee Whiskey' labeling, which requires every other brand produced as such in the state to produce a product under at least the same standards as JD (except I think they did relax the standard to allow reuse of barrels).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They have sent C&D for mimicry of their trade dress before. They are generally pretty cool about it though. There was a book a few years ago that tried it and were told they had to change it for their second printing, or if they were willing to recall and reprint sooner, JD was willing to supply some of the revenue for it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Zorbing Time! is... uh... a tabletop game? A supplement for existing tabletop games? I can't really tell.

In other news, Mint Works has successfully funded.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Anyone supporting the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Kickstarter? How much of an update is it? I'm probably not going to chip in, the shipping fees of 30 bucks seem a bit brutal. Maybe ok for the weight, still. Didn't see a pdf-only option.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Demon Gate: apocalyptic fantasy tabletop role-playing game

quote:

The system and mechanics are solid and have been play tested for about 20 years thus I have no worries as far as the system goes.

quote:

We use a dice level system for skills and attributes so each time you increase your skill or attribute you move up a new level or rank on your dice. For example: you might start with a Perception attribute of 10, on the dice table it shows you that you will roll a d6 when making a perception check. You can now roll this to match or beat a target number for success. If you advance in your perception attribute you will be rolling a d8 now. As you gain more points to an attribute your die or dice will increase. d8 to d10, d12, then to 2d6, d8+d6, 2d8, etc. You can go up pretty high to the point where you are rolling three dice together.

For combat though, you use a d20. The d20 is resisted by your enemy so you roll a d20 to hit with the result being the target number that the defender must match or beat in order to successfully defend, block, or dodge your attack. The d20 is given a modifier due to your skill in the weapon, or a + to defend due to your quickness or cover. You can roll critical hits to attack, as well you can roll critical defense and gain a quick riposte back at your enemy! It does make combat a great deal of fun. Also armor soaks damage in this game. If you are hit by an attack and take 20 damage, but have an armor class of 5, you will only suffer 15 damage.

:sigh:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Still better than Donjon. :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shieldwolf Miniatures have their Forest Goblin project up

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Masks just released the final PDFs through BackerKit, but there's a DriveThru link in your BackerKit page.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Shieldwolf Miniatures have their Forest Goblin project up

While the Gobbos look kinda neat (need more poses though), it must be noted they haven't fulfilled their previous KS yet and are at risk of becoming yet another company that relies on multiple overlapping KS campaigns to survive.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

Masks just released the final PDFs through BackerKit, but there's a DriveThru link in your BackerKit page.
Just grabbed mine. Looks beautiful and well-made. I will almost definitely never play it, but the $10 I paid for the PDFs looks well-spent to me.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
This looks extremely Furiosa https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devils-run-hells-highway?ref=recs_similar

2-6 player Mad Maxish boardgame, the campaign gang-growing stuff has me intrigued.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Vitamin P posted:

This looks extremely Furiosa https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devils-run-hells-highway?ref=recs_similar

2-6 player Mad Maxish boardgame, the campaign gang-growing stuff has me intrigued.

Nearly $100 USD with shipping...probably not.

And that's for the limited early bird option.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Sagrada looks like an interesting game involving dice and pattern matching. Already funded with $44,557 of the $24,000 goal. 24 days to go, so there's plenty of time to give it a look-over.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Reading the FATAL & Friends write up on his previous game is pretty dire and I'm only on chapter 3 of 20.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait so I can finally pick up the pdf?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, it's on DriveThru. $14 right now.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/193258/Masks-A-New-Generation

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Vitamin P posted:

So from what I can tell they are baisically just re-running their earlier successful kickstarter to make the game more friendly for board gamers since the models were all cast in their basement and not the easiest to put together if you wanted to treat this like a board game and not a war game. That said, I backed that kickstarter and really like the models. I have assembled all of them I received (about 30) and painted the war rig that they did in the first campaign. I haven't played the game yet since I usually like to paint everything first but am eager to do so.

edit: their first kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devils-run-route-666?ref=nav_search

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

LongDarkNight posted:

Reading the FATAL & Friends write up on his previous game is pretty dire and I'm only on chapter 3 of 20.

Oh god, which one is that?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bieeardo posted:

Oh god, which one is that?

Apparently it's this one: http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/masiakasaurus/chaos-6010-a-d/

It looks like the whole game was written in Comic Sans. :psyduck:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Sagrada looks like an interesting game involving dice and pattern matching. Already funded with $44,557 of the $24,000 goal. 24 days to go, so there's plenty of time to give it a look-over.

I mocked this one up and took some turns as two players to see how complex the placement rules make things as well as the drafting element being present to cut off colors/numbers opponents need. I didn't use any of the tool cards or objective cards however, as there's only a few previewed on the campaign so I just opted out on them altogether. It went smoothly, with both player boards getting all but 1 spot filled by the end, and then after a once-over each board, I found one error on each where I'd placed like-numbers next to one another by mistake. I think it'll be a pretty fun, if light, puzzle game of sorts, and once you factor in more players as well as the various scoring objectives, it will be a bit more complex and involved.

To me, it has nice components, great art, an original theme, and sound gameplay. Definitely backing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The people behind Singularity (the post human dating game) released another game to backers today, even though it didn't hit the stretch goal for that. Apparently it will be up for sale in a few days, and is called Short Film. It's a 4-player storytelling game about short films and after reading it, it seems like the Soundtrack Player and the Star Player have more power over the game than the Locations Player or the Casting Player, but otherwise it looks solid.