Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jesus Christ, this thread took a poo poo.

NWA got a letter from the FBI because they made a song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jose posted:

actually its this dude.

nms and probably nws but they put some paper over his probably radiated off dick

http://imgur.com/PeYAIg6

Jfc you'd just want to be killed as quickly as possible to end the torture

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he was in a medically induced coma so they could do a load of tests on him

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Jeez, I'm guessing that he was euthanised once they were done with the tests?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there is only so long you can keep someone like that alive even with daily blood transfusions

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
That's a Japanese guy who worked in a reprocessing facility. Though they did keep him alive to run a bunch of tests.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jose posted:

there is only so long you can keep someone like that alive even with daily blood transfusions

Man not only am I going to have nightmares about that picture tonight I won't be able to comfort myself with the thought that he found a similarly irradiated young lady, they fell in love, had three beautiful irradiated children and lived happily ever after. :(

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I heard he died after al lthe staff recharged their cellphones on him.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
Not All Peaceful: 13 Racist Quotes Gandhi Said About Black People

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there is/was a dude with testicles so big he can sit on them. pretty cool imo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jose posted:

there is/was a dude with testicles so big he can sit on them. pretty cool imo

that's gotta hurt tho

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Tbf these are pretty much my life goals:

"whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and, then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

bongwizzard posted:

Tbf these are pretty much my life goals:

"whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and, then, pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”

yes how deploable :rolleyes:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Most of Gandhi's complaints just boil down to yelling "look at how hard we work while these savages do as little as possible, yet you treat us the same," at the white man.

I can only imagine the native Africans watching him and thinking what a bitchmade idiot he was. "Look at this chump trying to actually work hard for these assholes that rolled in and just hosed his people's poo poo all up, just like they did with us. Shameful."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
In 2004 some twat utterly devoid of any meaningful talent released a song called 'gently caress It (Don't want you back).' Then some equally talentless twat took what was already a deplorable excuse for music, re-wrote the lyrics to include some sick burns about the guy's dick claiming to be the first twat's ex. He later denied ever having met the woman.

People lost their loving minds over this very obvious and very lovely record company moneygrab.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that song is seriously terrible

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

radiatinglines posted:

that song is seriously terrible

I was reminded that it was a thing that actually happened by some Facebook moron who liked some dreadful picture of the deplorable twats that said something along the lines of "If you don't remember Eamon vs Frankee you didn't have a childhood."

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The Black Eyed Peas had a song on their 2003 album, Elephunk, called "Let's Get Retarded". As it started to catch on, it was re-recorded as "Let's Get It Started" and used in basically every public event and commercial ever since. There has been such a hard push to pretend the original album version didn't exist that if you mention or play it, people usually think assume it's an offensive parody remake.

Similarly, Grumpy Cat was originally introduced to the world as "Tard". As the cat got more popular, the backstory of "... it's short for Tartar Sauce!" started being flown.

an AOL chatroom has a new favorite as of 16:56 on Sep 14, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania handed out Macbooks to its students and then proceeded to remotely activate the in built webcams to spy on those students.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbins_v._Lower_Merion_School_District

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Theophany posted:

Lower Merion High School in Pennsylvania handed out Macbooks to its students and then proceeded to remotely activate the in built webcams to spy on those students.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbins_v._Lower_Merion_School_District

Well that's scary!

I don't care how :tinfoil: it makes me look but I will continue covering laptop cameras with a little piece of tape from now until my bitter end*

*At the hands of our malevolent robot overlords probably

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

an AOL chatroom posted:

The Black Eyed Peas had a song on their 2003 album, Elephunk, called "Let's Get Retarded". As it started to catch on, it was re-recorded as "Let's Get It Started" and used in basically every public event and commercial ever since. There has been such a hard push to pretend the original album version didn't exist that if you mention or play it, people usually think assume it's an offensive parody remake.

lol I really did think harold and kumar was just parodying it https://youtu.be/VVgC2__fLNs

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

timp posted:

Well that's scary!

I don't care how :tinfoil: it makes me look but I will continue covering laptop cameras with a little piece of tape from now until my bitter end*

Same, man. I don't want people seeing me jacking it unless I'm charging them over Live Jasmin.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Theophany posted:

I was reminded that it was a thing that actually happened by some Facebook moron who liked some dreadful picture of the deplorable twats that said something along the lines of "If you don't remember Eamon vs Frankee you didn't have a childhood."

I've never heard of Eamon vs Frankee and I think I had a pretty awesome childhood :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I've never heard of Eamon vs Frankee and I think I had a pretty awesome childhood :shrug:

Sorry, that thing you thought was your childhood was just a figment of your imagination. You didn't have a childhood.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Welp

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

Well that's scary!

Theophany posted:

Same, man. I don't want people seeing me jacking it unless I'm charging them over Live Jasmin.

Well thank Hitchens for this thread. I thought I was the only one paranoid enough to be taping over my laptop's camera.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
That Eamon vs Frankie thing seems like an event that happened on the level of my dream about Daredevil I posted a little while ago. I have never heard of it until this very day.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Everyone at work started doing it after they saw mine.

When they asked why I jokingly said "Obama drone strikes" and they all looked at me like :stonk: and then I said "No you idiots for privacy."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sunswipe posted:

Well thank Hitchens for this thread. I thought I was the only one paranoid enough to be taping over my laptop's camera.

If it's good enough for Facebook guy it's good enough for me. Check his laptop.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jose posted:

actually its this dude.

nms and probably nws but they put some paper over his probably radiated off dick

http://imgur.com/PeYAIg6

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Theophany posted:

In 2004 some twat utterly devoid of any meaningful talent released a song called 'gently caress It (Don't want you back).' Then some equally talentless twat took what was already a deplorable excuse for music, re-wrote the lyrics to include some sick burns about the guy's dick claiming to be the first twat's ex. He later denied ever having met the woman.

People lost their loving minds over this very obvious and very lovely record company moneygrab.

Those two having that spat resulted in Morrissey's comeback single only reaching number three here in the UK. God damnit.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

britishbornandbread posted:

Those two having that spat resulted in Morrissey's comeback single only reaching number three here in the UK. God damnit.

Tbh the fact that Morrissey failed to chart above two people missing chromosomes kinda sums him up.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Harton posted:

That poo poo is still there, like right now.

I'm not exactly the expert on these things to say the least, but that's gotta be pretty loving bad right? Like it's just chilling there like that and nobody has any plans to go anywhere near it ever?

Maybe we will drop another concrete dome over it? Really? That's like the blow up the dead whale with dynamite story. Did they ask a 12 year old what they would do?

They've nearly finished the new concrete cover. Somehow it cost $1.7bn.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chernobyl-huge-sliding-arch-block-radiation-nearing-completion-30-years-after-nuclear-disaster-1552057

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Theophany posted:

Tbh the fact that Morrissey failed to chart above two people missing chromosomes kinda sums him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-fTbd8juzQ

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
There was a Japanese guy who auditioned for a reality show, and they had him sign a nebulous contract then stuck him in a tiny apartment where he was not allowed to leave, where he was filmed 24/7 and only allowed to live off of whatever he could get for free from mail in sweepstakes.

Once he reached a certain amount, they congratulated him and told him he was going some place special, they moved him into a nearly identical apartment where he had to start over.

Finally they placed him in a box and blindfolded him, then collapsed the fake room he was in to reveal he was live on stage in the show's live series finale. He was nude, as he was a majority of the time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Have you seen that ultimate song thread?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

There was a Japanese guy who auditioned for a reality show, and they had him sign a nebulous contract then stuck him in a tiny apartment where he was not allowed to leave, where he was filmed 24/7 and only allowed to live off of whatever he could get for free from mail in sweepstakes.

Once he reached a certain amount, they congratulated him and told him he was going some place special, they moved him into a nearly identical apartment where he had to start over.

Finally they placed him in a box and blindfolded him, then collapsed the fake room he was in to reveal he was live on stage in the show's live series finale. He was nude, as he was a majority of the time.

the entire show was called Denpa Shonen and it was nothing but insane challenges. they made a woman live in an apartment by herself with nothing but a giant stack of daily coupon books from all over the tokyo metro which is hundreds of square km. she had to bycicle across the tokyo metro area to find the absolute cheapest possible ingredients for a daily random recipe. if she didn't get the cheapest ingredients, or if she couldn't bike 80 miles a day to get the ingredients before the shops closed, then she didn't eat for that day. eventually they flew her to paris to go to disneyland paris but she had to do the whole biking thing again to pay for her plane ticket, but in france, and she couldn't read french or understand the ingredients and coupons. eventually she ended up biking to belgium to buy some cheap meat and banged on the butcher's door at two in the morning so he could sell a hysterically weeping japanese woman like .50 euros worth of lovely meat, lol

also they took two dudes and dumped them on a desert island, where they had to survive with no help. then they pedaled on a swan boat from that island all the way back to tokyo

Denpa Shonen was so extreme it actually caused japan to pass laws limiting how extreme television could be. yes this show was too hosed up for japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqEQVK4GBi4

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

greatn posted:

I think This American Life did a show on this. He was dropped off naked in some apartment without anything, not even food. His only way of getting anything was doing sweepstakes or other bullshit contests on the internet. The producers would not let him come to physical harm, but they did let him go hungry for a while. I think the goal was to earn X amount of money for his release or something.
So he succeeds after a few months, then goons show up to the apartment and blindfold him and remove him from the place, driving him around. After hours and hours, he wakes up in a similar apartment, naked, in South Korea.
Surprise motherfucker!
So he had to start over. When he finally got out of that apartment after several months, he was again blindfolded and led away. Again he wakes up in a very familiar apartment, at which point he cracks. Then the walls fall away (remember he is naked) and he is revealed to a cheering studio audience who's been watching him for over a year along with millions of TV viewers. This guy never had a clue about it.

Japanese TV is weird. Also that TAL episode was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

TotalLossBrain posted:

Also that TAL episode was great.

Not very American, however

• Locked thread