Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

scuz posted:

"3 loving movies for that? They just walked to a mountain and chucked in a piece of jewlery!" ~Fellowship of the Ring series

Frodo should have straight up bricked in Sam's mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

iwentdoodie posted:

Frodo should have straight up bricked in Sam's mouth.

Look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi".

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, probably an 01E? They're supposed to be very tough.

The only B5s that got the 6 speed manual were the S4 and the W8. Everything else got a 5-speed that was reasonably decent.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Enourmo posted:

The much-storied black and white version came up in the chat thread the other day. I looked for news on it and apparently the Germans are getting a box set on their Amazon that includes it, so it exists, it's coming, and it's my fervent hope and prayer that we get it before the end of the year.

What's the advantage of the b&w version? Debating on picking up the movie on disc, or waiting for the "maybe we'll get it this year" director's cut you guys have been talking about.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
The movie is apparently a very different, but still powerful experience in B&W.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I like big trucks and I cannot lie.

Edit: http://bearscot.com/News/5589/School+pupils+name+new+BEAR+Scotland+winter+maintenance+vehicles/

stump fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Sep 13, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

angryrobots posted:

What's the advantage of the b&w version? Debating on picking up the movie on disc, or waiting for the "maybe we'll get it this year" director's cut you guys have been talking about.

Miller said the version he showed to everyone was the 2D version as that's what he preferred (and it's a far prettier and clearer movie in 2D, it's utterly glorious) but he says the black and white version was the one he wanted it to be initially. Obviously releasing a black and white action movie in the current day would be viewed as a little odd so the studio said 'do colour, do 3D' and obviously agreed to let him make the black and white edit afterwards.

I'm looking forward to seeing it as it's not just a case of whacking the colour down on your TV so it should look pretty drastic a change.

quote:

o ‘Mr. Plow’ named by Hope Kara Borthwick at Kingussie Primary for the A9

o ‘Sir Grits-a-lot’ named by David Bremner at Aberlour Primary School for the A95

^ these kids :hfive:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You forgot

quote:

• Visitors to the Riverside Transport Museum in Glasgow also had the chance to take part in naming one of the new vehicles, with the winning name ‘Gritty Gritty Bang Bang’ selected for a spreader in the North East.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

The only B5s that got the 6 speed manual were the S4 and the W8. Everything else got a 5-speed that was reasonably decent.
Sounds like the US getting dicked on manuals (as usual) then, they put them in a lot more than that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
These are all awesome gravel truck names

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Liquid Communism posted:

The movie is apparently a very different, but still powerful experience in B&W.

The way I heard it described is that in Fury Road, every scene is just beautiful. Road Warrior, though, had everything as brutal. I saw a fan-colored black and white version a while ago, I think it was called Black and Chrome, that kind of took Fury Road closer to the brutality of Road Warrior. For me, anyways.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
This is awesome, they're awesome, you're awesome.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
RE: B&W Fury road chat: last time my wife (it's legitimately one of if not her all time favorite film) and I watched it I turned color saturation completely off in VLC about halfway through. I wouldn't say it substantially changed the impact of the film but it was still interesting to see it that way.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

These are all awesome gravel truck names

Does the UK salt the roads? If so they'd be better off with names like Mr Salty, Devourer of Rocker Panels.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I seem to recall at some point a few years ago we ran out of road salt. Not that when it snows people are able to driver properly anyway...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7872192.stm

I want snow this year because I'm RWD now and I want some fun.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yes please.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Coredump posted:

Yes please.

I'm so loving hard right now.

e: minus the silly side pipe but that's an easy fix

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

e: minus the silly side pipe
Hey, whoa, let's not say things we can't take back.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The gently caress did you say?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Side pipes own, but THAT side pipe looks like a piece of chainlink fencepost he cut down himself.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

Side pipes own, but THAT side pipe looks like a piece of chainlink fencepost he cut down himself.

need 4 zoomies for a propor miniceptor, anyway

also,

740 horsepower, 980 pounds with fuel

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Godholio posted:

Built not bought bruh :colbert:

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Looks like a Holden Torana???

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The Dark Project posted:

Looks like a Holden Torana???

It's a Ford Mustang.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Does the UK salt the roads? If so they'd be better off with names like Mr Salty, Devourer of Rocker Panels.

Yep. And lots of places are coastal. And it rains lots. Our poo poo rusts.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Terrible Robot posted:

It's a Ford Mustang Mercury Capri.

Ftfy

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Filename says 82 Mustang GT with dealer mods.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Capris didn't have the slant front nose.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Widebody-1982-Ford-Mustang-GT-modified-by-dealer

Headlight louvers. :whatup:

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 14, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah the early Foxbody cars are called the four eyed foxes. 79-86. They're kinda of the red-head step children of the fox world as a lot of the parts for Foxbody Mustangs are made for the 87-93 models. This one has the nice 3 bar front grill instead of the cheese grater grill that I don't like as much. Pops has an 85 Gt.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

lol

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Holy poo poo, who knew david spade liked cool cars? And its suprisingly not something gay like a Tesla or a S63AMG like most rich californians drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMsMgiQWUQ

I really must get a G-body before they all rust away. A grand prix or Monte.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Welp. That grille screamed "Capri" to me. I'll go ahead and leave my shame there.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Professor Bling posted:

Welp. That grille screamed "Capri" to me. I'll go ahead and leave my shame there.

In all honesty, I thought it was a Capri at first as well. :shobon:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

need 4 zoomies for a propor miniceptor, anyway

also,

740 horsepower, 980 pounds with fuel

mother of god

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fine art.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Bape Culture posted:

Turns out my pal with the XJ220 also has a delivery miles XJR-15. Only delivery miles car in the world we think.
Will try and get over and do some pics and bits next summer!

When it's done please set up a studio shoot and sell the photos to the PR team at JLR. Earlier this year we found out that it's impossible to find high quality photos of the 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I was staring too hard at the car at the front but it seems there's 3 of the fuckers in that garage?!