Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
hello payday thread

in this time of serious discussion i have an important announcement:

hairy

nutsack

that is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
nice

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Xbox free update went live today. The DLC is still on hold.

Dear Diary,

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Didn't they say something along the lines of "We're not doing hype events anymore. We're pretty much just going to have an event where we just throw stuff at you with little fanfare?"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Plan Z posted:

Didn't they say something along the lines of "We're not doing hype events anymore. We're pretty much just going to have an event where we just throw stuff at you with little fanfare?"

I thought I remembered something similar, but more along the lines of "no more events, just more regular content releases both paid and free." Which, we haven't had new content in awhile but the bugfixes and general updates are still much appreciated.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I recall that too, but it's unclear if they're sticking to it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Crimefest gave us LMG bipods so really it was the best thing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Crimefest gave us Utter Chaos so really it was the best thing

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UJgMc7j_LA

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS31dkUfuLM
The High Quality version.

swims
May 5, 2014

The console update is good.

Something I've never seen before: on aftershock I tied up a civilian and he had a little yellow outline of a knife on his back. I was able to click on it and make it disappear but it didn't do anything. I'm guessing those guys can untie themselves if left alone for too long?

Haven't seen winters or swat turret yet.

They changed the circle 4 red dot and it's really small now. I liked the big circle.

Best surprise was the Mac 10 ammo buff. That gun was basically my primary even with only 80 bullets.

Slaughterhouse owns.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Something I've never seen before: on aftershock I tied up a civilian and he had a little yellow outline of a knife on his back. I was able to click on it and make it disappear but it didn't do anything.
That's supposed to be an achievement, at least on PC.

swims
May 5, 2014

The thugs are on bank heist also but don't seem of any significance at all. I haven't brought them to the van but there are no new achievements.

Is there a thing to click in inventory screen to change from holding card to holding gun in the setup screen? All infamy guys hold cards and noobs carry primary guns.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It sounds like they added all the new achievable actions but probably didn't add the new achievements. There are still console limits on number of achievements/gamerscore or whatever, right? Something tells me MS/Sony would not let them get away with having 414 achievements.

so yeah expect a lot of stuff like "why is this random safe in the escape on FWB? what is with this pig on Slaughterhouse?" to do nothing for you

the only way to not hold a card after infamy on PC is to equip a weapon with a gun skin. I uh, doubt you have those. So nope, enjoy your flaming card forever!

swims
May 5, 2014

Ha
Yeah I was actually wondering about the pig with an X. I didn't even notice if it was worth like massive cash value or xp or anything. I figured it was a mission bag but was not paying attention.

I was finally able to infamy after like 8 months and forgot how slow the starting movement was. I ran a UK ovk and leveled to 28. Circle just kept moving and there is no way to skip on console from what I can tell. Got to the card screen and 2 guys just quit cause it took so long.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

swims posted:

Ha
Yeah I was actually wondering about the pig with an X. I didn't even notice if it was worth like massive cash value or xp or anything. I figured it was a mission bag but was not paying attention.

I was finally able to infamy after like 8 months and forgot how slow the starting movement was. I ran a UK ovk and leveled to 28. Circle just kept moving and there is no way to skip on console from what I can tell. Got to the card screen and 2 guys just quit cause it took so long.

You can still get money for it- Vlad interrupts your mission to ask you to bring it to him (it's implied to be carrying guns from the Butcher, or drugs).

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

swims posted:

Ha

The pig is worth barely anything, I think like $20k on DW and I think you only get XP for gold bags, not the pig.

On PC you can hit space bar to speed up the XP wheel movement drastically (and also the money counting) - is there no button that does anything to speed that up on console?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Only the host needs to hit space bar (or A/X?) because the host is responsible for advancing to the next screen. Clients can watch the meters fill at the regular rate and the host can force them into the card screen before their meters complete. If you gain multiple levels, speeding up the XP and money counters makes much less of a difference, and if you're going from 0 to 40 in a single Ukrainian you might just spend more time watching the XP wheel than you did in the heist, even if it is sped up. You might want to find a friend or two and trade off hosting duty when someone goes infamous.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

ClonedPickle posted:

On PC you can hit space bar to speed up the XP wheel movement drastically (and also the money counting) - is there no button that does anything to speed that up on console?

900+ hours in the PC version and I never realized that, dammit.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ClonedPickle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNIeQDP37Nc

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

ClonedPickle posted:

:what:

swims
May 5, 2014

What's the default spacebar function? Jump?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

swims posted:

What's the default spacebar function? Jump?

Yes. But, knowing Overkill, god knows what it is on console, so just mash every button and see if something happens.

I suppose I could play a heist on PC with my controller to test, but... eh. I don't think Payday has super great M+KB/controller interactions.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

Yes. But, knowing Overkill, god knows what it is on console, so just mash every button and see if something happens.

I suppose I could play a heist on PC with my controller to test, but... eh. I don't think Payday has super great M+KB/controller interactions.

It has none - you pick one when launching the game and you can't switch to the other one.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Coolguye posted:

hello payday thread

in this time of serious discussion i have an important announcement:

hairy

nutsack

that is all

H.Nutsack or Testacles to his associates is a balls to the walls sort of heister, really ready to go all the way in on a heist and not pull out for any reason. Stealth is not his forte as he is just a hair trigger away from popping off at any moment. Whether getting in a civilians face or really sticking it in to the cops you can always count on Testacles and his two merry midget companions to get the job done, if a bit messy in the end. Oh and don't ask about the mask, we didn't.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Feonir posted:

H.Nutsack or Testacles to his associates is a balls to the walls sort of heister, really ready to go all the way in on a heist and not pull out for any reason. Stealth is not his forte as he is just a hair trigger away from popping off at any moment. Whether getting in a civilians face or really sticking it in to the cops you can always count on Testacles and his two merry midget companions to get the job done, if a bit messy in the end. Oh and don't ask about the mask, we didn't.

So, Snatch cross over heister?

https://youtu.be/TRV3xA9Zcds

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Paingod556 posted:

So, Snatch cross over heister?

https://youtu.be/TRV3xA9Zcds

So why isn't Vinnie Jones in Payday 2 yet?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Because cops would instinctively run in fear, even AI ones.

You don't gently caress with Vinny Jones.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Instead of Vinny Jones we got Jimmy Jones(ing for coke)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

THE CHORSE posted:

Instead of Vinny Jones we got Jimmy Jones(ing for coke)

What does ruining the Dallas Cowboys for the past decade have to do with robbing banks? Are we getting a "Rob the Taxpayers" heist?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hobold posted:

What does ruining the Dallas Cowboys for the past decade have to do with robbing banks? Are we getting a "Rob the Taxpayers" heist?

that's jerry jones

jim jones was the guy with the flavor-aid and the cyanide

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Allen Wren posted:

that's jerry jones

:saddowns: I don't want to play as him

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
:gonk:
Jesus Cocaine Christ, you guys. I just meant that Jimmy loving loves his coke.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

THE CHORSE posted:

:gonk:
Jesus Flavor-Aid Christ, you guys. I just meant that Jimmy loving loves his coke.

FTFY

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Allen Wren posted:

that's jerry jones

gently caress. I was thinking Jimmy Johnson too. Am on the stupid drugs today.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hobold posted:

gently caress. I was thinking Jimmy Johnson too. Am on the stupid drugs today.

"Guys! This heist is us stealing... anything with an engine!?"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Looks like the next big thing will hit on the 7th.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So a content explosion on October? They'll likely include safe house customization because its just SO IMPORTANT. But I'd like for their next Halloween heist to either be Evil Dead like escape through a crypt or No Mercy Remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I'm sure they'll figure out some creative way to re-purpose Rats.