Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

It generates a bunch of event sites in space, similar to the old Blood Raider / Guristas events -- none of the point earning poo poo from the Serpentis event. Just warp to sites that spawn, and kill everything. (I think of it as tipping over the protestors' Hoverrounds.) Mostly frigates and cruisers; I had no problem running them in a Hecate.

The final ship in each site will drop some all-white skins for Amarr ships. Which actually look fantastic, once you get over the whole "they're basically KKK robes that some hick painted onto the ship" thing.

I skipped the Serpentis event because, to me, it wasn't really worth it. Though to Tyrrax it was, which is why HABIT's corp tax jumped to 50% while he was sperging for top 10 and doing all that PVE.

I'm glad CCP realized people didn't like it compared to the other events like Crimson Harvest. PVE still sucks in EVE.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Is this that "White Purity" thing?

:yikes:

I guess it's kinda like Wolfenstein in that it's fun to kill Nazis because gently caress Nazis. But at the end you don't put on Hitler's tight pants and riding boots and go "man, I look good in this."

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I'll still do it though because there are so few skins that don't look like dogshit

Police Comet
Raata Sunset Executioner (I will be forever butthurt that the Executioner gets the A-wing skin and not the Slicer)
Interbus for Miniluv to roleplay angry bees
Maybe a few more?

But yeah let me pay 300m to make my ship look like I took it to a Maaco for a terrible respray.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Morris posted:

I'll still do it though because there are so few skins that don't look like dogshit

There are skins out there that look loving amazing -- it's just that they're on niche ships that you rarely get to use, either in PvE or PvP.

Take the IGC Victory Typhoon, for example (bottom left in this image). When am I gonna fly a Typhoon? Ditto for the Ishukone Scorp.

The ships that I actually do tend to fly in fleets -- ANIs, logistics cruisers, confessors, etc -- tend to have lovely skins, or no skins.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 12, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair the IGC Typhoon was only for EVE NT Collides. The IGC Apocalypse is for this fall season but yeah it's sort of the same issue I guess. Actually I think anything IGC is for the player ran tournaments. I also don't think EVE NT, etc. get a say in what ship CCP will make the skin for either.

I wish the art team would do more stuff like the IGC skins, with popping colors etc, than the "let me put brown next to really dark green and call it a day"

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 12, 2016

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
CCP amaze me. lovely recolour skins all over the place, and when they finally release decent skins (white skins for amarr gently caress yes) they're free from a piss easy ingame event. Do they actually want money?

Downside, I don't fly amarr anything. Oracle sometimes maybe possibly when I lose everything else I have.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

ullerrm posted:

The ships that I actually do tend to fly in fleets -- ANIs, logistics cruisers, confessors, etc -- tend to have lovely skins, or no skins.

Yeah I can really only speak to the ships I fly often enough that I bother to even look at the skins. 99% of the time it goes like this:

"meh, can't even tell the difference without a color wheel"
"lol no that looks even worse than the original"
"it's flat red and looks stupid"
"hm that's ok I might buy it if it's 50m LOL 400m NOPE"

Free Quafe Tristan skins were nice though :cool:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Morris posted:

Is this that "White Purity" thing?

:yikes:

I guess it's kinda like Wolfenstein in that it's fun to kill Nazis because gently caress Nazis. But at the end you don't put on Hitler's tight pants and riding boots and go "man, I look good in this."

Hugo Boss still makes money dude.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Skins that are good:

Amarr Raata Sunset skins
Amarr Kador skins
Amarr EoM skins
Gallente Police Pursuit Comet
Gallente Kronos Police Skin
Caldari Matigu Seabeast
A select few Blue Tiger skins mostly for Minmatar.

The rest are almost complete garbage, if not complete garbage. Particularly the Caldari. They get the biggest shaft.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 13, 2016

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I've said it before, but if CCP could convince the guys who run Serenity to licence their skins they would make so much bank

Solid gold machariel? Hell loving yes my dudes

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get why they can't just make their own designs in a similar vein but apparently Iceland prohibits creativity or something.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Thoughts on the best racial BR/DST combo in practice? I can't find any recent commentary that isn't by Gevlon Goblin, and his focus is more on surviving highsec gank attempts.

I see Amarr get mentioned a lot but don't you have a conflict between agility and tank mods (also cargo capacity for the BR)? Seems like shield tanking might be better.

Main uses would be moving industry poo poo through scouted null, loot truck for wormhole daytripping fleets, maybe bomb truck/fuel truck for blops dropping.

e: apparently they were last rebalanced in mid-2014? so I guess there is stuff out there but it's so hard to know what's current :v:

Buschmaki posted:

Hugo Boss still makes money dude.

I had forgotten about that, yee-ikes.

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 13, 2016

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
So we're breaking up Trump rallies in spaaaace?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Morris posted:

Thoughts on the best racial BR/DST combo in practice? I can't find any recent commentary that isn't by Gevlon Goblin, and his focus is more on surviving highsec gank attempts.
Gallente is very solid. This is IMO the best DST fit in the game for non-AFK hauling:

[Occator, Occator]
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe
Improved Cloaking Device II

Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II

Blockade runners are much of a muchness now that they all get two highslots; this is how I fit my viators:

[Viator, max speed]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Medium Cargohold Optimization II
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I'm fairly new to EVE, only have 4 million SP, a hurrican and a retriever. Are goon corps open to anyone?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

folandi posted:

I'm fairly new to EVE, only have 4 million SP, a hurrican and a retriever. Are goon corps open to anyone?

Hit up karmafleet.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Absolutely!

Goonwaffe, need to have been active on SA for 3 months:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673

Or Karmafleet for a slightly better new player corp structure:
https://recruit.karmafleet.org/

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Morris posted:

I see Amarr get mentioned a lot but don't you have a conflict between agility and tank mods (also cargo capacity for the BR)? Seems like shield tanking might be better.

Main uses would be moving industry poo poo through scouted null, loot truck for wormhole daytripping fleets, maybe bomb truck/fuel truck for blops dropping.

e: apparently they were last rebalanced in mid-2014? so I guess there is stuff out there but it's so hard to know what's current :v:

I had forgotten about that, yee-ikes.

Agility mods on a dst are next to useless because you can align by pulsing the mwd or ab for one cycle. Just fit for tank and warp stabs. With hyperspatials you can outrun anything cruiser sized so you only have to worry about gatecamps and interceptor roams. You can scout for the first and with enough warp core stabs you have a decent chance of moonwalking away from the second.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

AAPsel posted:

Agility mods on a dst are next to useless because you can align by pulsing the mwd or ab for one cycle. Just fit for tank and warp stabs. With hyperspatials you can outrun anything cruiser sized so you only have to worry about gatecamps and interceptor roams. You can scout for the first and with enough warp core stabs you have a decent chance of moonwalking away from the second.
IIRC you can't reliably MWD-cloak a DST without agility mods, which is why I use them.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

IIRC you can't reliably MWD-cloak a DST without agility mods, which is why I use them.

You can with good nav skills on an impel. A bigger problem is that you are so slow even battlecruisers can decloak you, so if there's a bubble you are still hosed.

edit: though maybe a triple istab occator can move far enough. I've never tried that.

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 13, 2016

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I have a question about the launcher. It will save your password for you, but has a little message stating that this is insecure. How insecure is it? Does it broadcast your password in plaintext across the network? Does it merely store an unencrypted copy on your local hard drive, making it easy for an evil houseguest to steal your Eve credentials?

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

Ynglaur posted:

I have a question about the launcher. It will save your password for you, but has a little message stating that this is insecure. How insecure is it? Does it broadcast your password in plaintext across the network? Does it merely store an unencrypted copy on your local hard drive, making it easy for an evil houseguest to steal your Eve credentials?

It's something like the launcher doesn't actually save your password, it saves a login token which is not invalidated even if you change your password. Basically if someone else knew your password and chose to remember the details on their launcher, even if you changed your password they could still login to your account at any time.

A very :ccp: solution

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

AAPsel posted:

Agility mods on a dst are next to useless because you can align by pulsing the mwd or ab for one cycle.

I had forgotten about that. I would only be moving the DST through core GSF space with a +1 interceptor scout so I think the only real danger is getting unlucky and landing on a gate at the same time as an unreported gang or dictor. With a citadel in literally every system it's stupidly easy to safe up at the first sign of trouble.

Sounds like the BR is the bigger differentiator, and the combination of 3 lowslots + larger base hold makes the Viator pretty compelling. Gallente has the bonus of netting me a max-skilled Epithal (I'm ramping up a PI farm) so there's that.

Service Charge posted:

It's something like the launcher doesn't actually save your password, it saves a login token which is not invalidated even if you change your password. Basically if someone else knew your password and chose to remember the details on their launcher, even if you changed your password they could still login to your account at any time.

I remember being shocked that the in-game browser would open shellexec links. Oh what a sweet summer child I was :unsmith:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Service Charge posted:

If that is correct, then me as a user am not any less secure if I use it. It's just less secure because the feature exists at all because if my password is ever compromised I'm hosed no matter what.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

ullerrm posted:

There are skins out there that look loving amazing -- it's just that they're on niche ships that you rarely get to use, either in PvE or PvP.

Take the IGC Victory Typhoon, for example (bottom left in this image). When am I gonna fly a Typhoon? Ditto for the Ishukone Scorp.

i had some ccp rmt points from wayback on a char so I bought the blue skin for my redeemer to look stealthier

CCP really does owe it to the playerbase to make better skins, especially with what they charge for them. Blizzard is notorious for using some of the best graphics for their RMT store, and many MOBA games are sure to offer the best looking stuff in their RMT shops (DOTA2 immortal items, for example).

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I really like the Impel/Prorator combo. All those low slots give you a lot of options for cargo size/survivability depending on what you're doing. The Impel aligns and warps in 10 seconds regardless of fit with the MWD trick. I can have either 99% resists and a sick EHP buffer or the ability to carry over 107k m3 using GSCs. Plus EoM skins look pretty baller on both.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

If that is correct, then me as a user am not any less secure if I use it. It's just less secure because the feature exists at all because if my password is ever compromised I'm hosed no matter what.

This is pretty much it. I'd feel somewhat safer if i had to use 2FA to unlock the launcher... But nope.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
quick return to squadchat are there any gsf groups that are actively doing pvp stuff right now? I'm feeling lost in the huge list of squads/sigs/swarms. I can't tell if everything is dead because we're still setting up in Delve, or maybe people are having fun and I don't see it because I'm not getting the right pings. I idle in blackops pub and the miniluv pub channels but neither of them seem to do anything in USTZ. SV requires a vouch, reavers is closed.

I could go two regions away to solo bubblecamp something or drop corp on a char to do FW but then what is the point of being in the alliance?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
SV require a vouch? gently caress that, apply anyway.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Pathfinders sig is also doing some wormhole PVP, look into that its pretty cool

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Pathfinders is fun but you need to be a bit of a self starter given the nature of wormhole day trips. If people don't go out looking for nerds to kill or good krabbing holes we won't have any pings.

I don't know how often Miniluv public gets pinged unless we're short numbers. Go blap yourself a highsec pubbie and join for real :black101:

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

Morris posted:

I don't know how often Miniluv public gets pinged unless we're short numbers. Go blap yourself a highsec pubbie and join for real :black101:

This. Go out and ruin someone's day.

I have to say that I usually forget to ping the public channel in the heat of the moment. That being said i'm not ustz.

Lots of our ustz fcs currently have rl stuff going on. Activity will surely pick up again soon tm.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

BAE B BLUE posted:

This. Go out and ruin someone's day.

I have to say that I usually forget to ping the public channel in the heat of the moment. That being said i'm not ustz.

Lots of our ustz fcs currently have rl stuff going on. Activity will surely pick up again soon tm.

Hash tag sign of a doing squad

Join theta squad

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Syndic Thrass posted:

Join theta squad

I'm not in Delvegoons any more, but I miss Theta.

Theta squad best squad.

Orido Mitsumo
Sep 14, 2016

Syndic Thrass posted:

Join theta squad

I just joined SA because of Theta.

Theta squad, best squad.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
What a curious way to write Sigma Supremacy.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

dialhforhero posted:

Shut the gently caress up, andupor

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

I summon the greatest Sigma poster

Hratli Smirks, Hratli Smirks, Hratli Smirks come forth!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Alt+228 squad best squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Hehe, so who is better ? Theta or Sigma ? I am in Miniluv, but unable to do that all the time. EG is dead. Other SIGs depend on what's happening, like caps n poo poo.
Who should I join ? SV wanted a vouch, what I personally find hilarious considering the service and my killboard (floating at 1000-1100 all time top killers :smugdog: )

I am doing mainly EU a DT timezone and I am looking for a chill place with nice people. I don't mind helping newbees, but I loving hate spergs. What is the best for me ?
Looks like my no RL times are over for now, so it should not be time consuming.

• Locked thread