Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

jigglemaster7 posted:

Theyve been doing this for a while, messi for example had stunted growth but they gave him GH as a teen and now he has a weird center of gravity which helps him be the best soccer player in the world.

Steroids are a positive thing in some cases. WHO KNEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Doc Hawkins posted:

You're in charge of your own life, but in your position I would not still be cutting.

For reference, I went down to 140 (5'8") at the end of my last major cut. I definitely lost a good bit of muscle mass from my arms and a little from my chest, but drat did I have abs.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Cordon bleu posted:

Steroids are a positive thing in some cases. WHO KNEW

Moviestars and athletes, people we look up to as awesome people with cool lives, use steroids to achieve goals

Arnold became a moviestar and millionaire and governor thanks to steroids

Please do steroids today, for a better tomorrow, for you

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Zzulu posted:

Moviestars and athletes, people we look up to as awesome people with cool lives, use steroids to achieve goals

Arnold became a moviestar and millionaire and governor thanks to steroids

Please do steroids today, for a better tomorrow, for you

Also, put your kids on steroids if they need them*

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
This year is the year I get big, all obstacles have been removed.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Doing shoulder and arm day on Friday, asked bro how many rack pulls he had left in the squat rack, he invited me to do OHP with him. Caught him mirin on my 1 plate press. "Woah dude, you put up sick weight", "yo bro, for someone so small you move mad weight.". He was doing strength poo poo and I'm doing volume/hypertrophy, and he liked my poo poo so much he did the rest of my routine with me. Asked me for.my number do we could go again. And asked for a copy of my routine. Think I got a budding bromance in the works. Im sure in no time we'll be sucking each other off in the shower and sharing salami while admiring each other's physiques.

It's happening again :3:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Doing shoulder and arm day on Friday, asked bro how many rack pulls he had left in the squat rack, he invited me to do OHP with him. Caught him mirin on my 1 plate press. "Woah dude, you put up sick weight", "yo bro, for someone so small you move mad weight.". He was doing strength poo poo and I'm doing volume/hypertrophy, and he liked my poo poo so much he did the rest of my routine with me. Asked me for.my number do we could go again. And asked for a copy of my routine. Think I got a budding bromance in the works. Im sure in no time we'll be sucking each other off in the shower and sharing salami while admiring each other's physiques.

It's happening again :3:

Noice. Congrats.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Some guy asked you for your number in the gym while giving you compliments?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Dum Cumpster posted:

It would go in TCC but I don't know if anyone every made one. Apparently reddit has a less terrible roid subforum somewhere.

Same but 199 and 15%. Knowing my luck it's all muscle, despite doing everything correctly. That or I'm just a pessimist and that's once again manifesting to mansplain anything that goes well :shrug:

r/steroids is pretty bad, the wiki part has good information for getting started but all the threads are guys basically talking about how alpha they are and how every bitch is checking them out and all the hoes theyre loving, its really embarassing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Some guy asked you for your number in the gym while giving you compliments?

Does that seem unusual to you?

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:

Fallows posted:

r/steroids is pretty bad, the wiki part has good information for getting started but all the threads are guys basically talking about how alpha they are and how every bitch is checking them out and all the hoes theyre loving, its really embarassing.

maybe youd be talking about loving bitches constnatly if you werent a low test beta c*ck boy get with the program retard

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

jigglemaster7 posted:

maybe youd be talking about loving bitches constnatly if you werent a low test beta c*ck boy get with the program retard

Lurk moar idiot

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

a dog from hell posted:

Lunk moar idiot

Ftfy

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Well, today is interesting. Tried to lift what I did with deadlift last week, and can barely get the weight off the ground. Why is deadlift so much more neurologically taxing than squats? Today I busted out 5x5 at a higher weight with no problem.

The answer is probably salami, but even so.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Your deadlift working weight could just be closer to your current deadlift max than your squat working weight is to your current squat max.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
The deadlift is a fickle beast, what seems easy one week can be quite difficult the next, based on any number of factors.

Or maybe some rear end in a top hat has just been messing with the local gravity.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You probably just psyched yourself out you pussy homo.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Pesmerga posted:

Well, today is interesting. Tried to lift what I did with deadlift last week, and can barely get the weight off the ground. Why is deadlift so much more neurologically taxing than squats? Today I busted out 5x5 at a higher weight with no problem.

The answer is probably salami, but even so.

I had that last friday. Did the same weight I did the previous week (for 5 reps) and only got 1 rep. sad times.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

sassassin posted:

Does that seem unusual to you?

No it just made me really moist and I wanted to know more

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Ruzihm posted:

I had that last friday. Did the same weight I did the previous week (for 5 reps) and only got 1 rep. sad times.

Pretty much what everyone else (in good faith) said. Deadlifts are hard and they can fluctuate week to week.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Fuccbois and their small rear end delts, pathetic. Shoulders so big I'm gonna walk through doorways sideways.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

max4me posted:

So the goons who take anabolic steroids are they in the sub form

Goon doctor

Watch and Weight

The crack club house

DIY

Games?

VVV where is the steroid thread?

I tired google but it just soo baad out there.

the roid subreddit is good but theyll mock you endlessly if you gently caress up or are a retard

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Defiant Sally posted:

the roid subreddit is good but theyll mock you endlessly if you gently caress up or are a retard

So basically no goons allowed?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

max4me posted:

So basically no goons allowed?

It's reddit they don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to being shut in goobers.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I just had two glasses of wine. Cut. Ruined

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
man, i've been paranoid i've had some weird poo poo going on with my shoulder lately, and i think it was just tightness. I hadn't squatted in a long while until the past couple of workouts, and i think doing low bar gives them a good stretch because since I started those back my shoulders feel great. i can hoist plywood sheets and 60 lbs of coils over head at work now no problem as well as it feeling better benching and stuff. I should probably buy some bands, they seem really useful for shoulder stretches. What's a good amount of resistance band to get for that?

e: is a bulgarian split squat a good replacement for weighted lunges? my dr suggest weighted lunges to help with my knee issues and its definitely seemed to help but there is no room in my gym to do regular walking lunges. I've tried just doing it in one spot by stepping back but it feels weird

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 14, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Step forward?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Now slide to the left....

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
I'm back on 5/3/1. I just can't quit you, Wendler bae

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

SpeedyCow posted:

I'm back on 5/3/1. I just can't quit you, Wendler bae

Noice. I'm starting it for the first time on monday

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

Step forward?

dude, theres literally no room. it's a lovely gym and lunging forward then back feels a little odd like I said. I tried out the split squats with the bench for your foot to rest on and it felt good. felt hard to balance but I guess that's the point. Either way my retarded knee hasn't tried to stop me from squatting/deadlifting in like 2 weeks now so i'm happy either way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
God forbid you feel a little odd when working out.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Jesus, it's not a big deal, I just didn't like lunging in place. It's not like I'm afraid it'll hurt me or something like that. Have you guys not had your salami injections recently or something?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not all lifters are gay.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
do you have a source

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

sassassin posted:

Not all lifters are gay.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
WENDLER GIVE ME YOUR SEED

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Every week I feel weaker. Bench receding, knees locking up, the DOMS haunt me for days

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

5/3/1 is awesome i did it from dec to mid way thru this year and i will be going back to it soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I celebrated my logbook's 15th birthday last Saturday by not working out :toot:

• Locked thread