Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

I love the fact that Trumpatistas think they've won yet 538's forecast barely registered anything from the whole incident.

Some good news for a change: Obama's soaring approval ratings will probably help Abuela, particularly now that he is going to stump against the grump

how many days behind the news do the polls lag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder who the Dax parasite will chose as host after she passes on.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You don't need necromancy to get the dead to vote. Just conveniently don't remove them from voter rolls and have the living vote multiple times.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

DemeaninDemon posted:

You don't need necromancy to get the dead to vote. Just conveniently don't remove them from voter rolls and have the living vote multiple times.

has anybody ever actually been caught doing that? since i know that's a common thing that gets tossed at democrats, but i've never heard of any known instances of it happening.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Instant Sunrise posted:

has anybody ever actually been caught doing that? since i know that's a common thing that gets tossed at democrats, but i've never heard of any known instances of it happening.

Voter Fraud is right up there next to Good Guy With a Gun on the bookshelf with Harry Potter and LOTR.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Instant Sunrise posted:

It was a thing for a time, but not anytime recently- not for decades.

Discendo Vox has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Sep 13, 2016

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Instant Sunrise posted:

how many days behind the news do the polls lag?
There's no hard and fast answer.

It isn't unusual to see the results of a poll go public the day after it is completed, particularly for national polls, but those polls will include responses from all across the date range the poll was in the field.

Thus, it may be a full week before any trend can be discerned, but it may start to affect polling results within 24-48 hours. However, unless it's a catastrophic event, (and what the hell would that even be anymore in this cycle?) the overall effect is going to be indistinguishable from noise and/or other trends. Over time, it'll become apparent, particularly if pollsters start asking about it specifically.

To sum it up, 2-7 days, with it becoming clearer the further from the event we get.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"She's dedicated her lie to this." - Nancy Pelosi talking about Hillary

Edit: Whoops. Oh well.

The Real Paddy has issued a correction as of 12:36 on Sep 14, 2016

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

bring it on

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Real Paddy posted:

Wrong thread?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i was going to do an IK post but i toxxed so who cares

anyway just a reminder for ourselves

breaklaw posted:

What a bunch of loving arzying wankers. How can I :toxx: for Clinton winning Ohio? Can I do it the a Trump thread? Trump will win the farm counties and that's it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Real Paddy posted:

welcome, fellow accidental Clinton toxxer, enjoy being banned when trump wins because at least then nobody can see us melt down

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

welcome, fellow accidental Clinton toxxer, enjoy being banned when trump wins because at least then nobody can see us melt down

If Trump actually wins, our accounts are the least of our issues.
But that won't happen. :)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
If trump wins I am gonna start charging rent to my yank friends who want to be refugees

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

If Trump wins I'm gonna be busy rocking tire armor and eating people soooooo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Thump! posted:

If Trump wins I'm gonna be busy rocking tire armor and eating people soooooo

so are we going to be fallout raiders ironically or unironically, because I don't want to be in the middle of cannibalizing an innocent frontier town to learn that this is an elaborate troll.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:toxx: for the body double

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
If Trump wins there will probably honestly be people trying to deport my father and his parents. :ohdear:

Alternatively I'll get some brownshirt shitstains harassing me for being a Hispanic dude with a blonde, blue eyed white girlfriend in a lovely state that's turning more and more Republican.

I'm honestly not super worried about Hillary losing. I'm scared to death of getting obliterated in 2018 or not winning the Senate now, so that we fail to get a Supreme Court justice or two.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
The shirts are going to be gold and glorious, friend.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Peztopiary posted:

The shirts are going to be gold and glorious, friend.

Pfft. Trump would keep all the gold to himself after convincing all the olds to sell it to him through buyback schemes.

Besides, gently caress this worthless state, I'm going to move somewhere nice and warm to wait it out before global warming ruins it for everyone.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mrit posted:

If Trump actually wins, our accounts are the least of our issues.
But that won't happen. :)

Agreed. :toxx: for Hillary because of trump wins I'll be too busy turning my car into a wasteland battle wagon to worry about my account

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
hey guys i will toxx for clinton

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

TBeats posted:

:eyepop:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I need to compile a count of the number of "toxxing for clinton because if Trump wins, X that means it won't matter" posts. I can break out the ones that specifically envision scenarios from mad max and fallout.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If Trump wins I'll keep drinking until I hit blackout, then maintain the bender until November 2020, just in time to witness Trump's reelection before returning myself to drunken oblivion.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

I need to compile a count of the number of "toxxing for clinton because if Trump wins, X that means it won't matter" posts. I can break out the ones that specifically envision scenarios from mad max and fallout.

look at this idiot who doesn't have a mad max outbreak plan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"In hindsight, Your Honor, it was, perhaps, slightly hasty to immediately drive my iron-plated spiked battle van through my garage door, through my neighbor's house and into their pool immediately after Donald J. Trump was elected president, but you must understand the political climate at the time"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm not even making a just in case pair of shoulder pads.

Partly because I'm that confident in the grand abuela and partly because my shoulders are handsome mounds of flesh that cannot be contained.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TBeats posted:

:wow:

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm not even making a just in case pair of shoulder pads.

Partly because I'm that confident in the grand abuela and partly because my shoulders are handsome mounds of flesh that cannot be contained.

Pics plz

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

If Trump wins, I'm gonna kidnap Aaron Sorkin and Martin Sheen and maybe Rob Lowe and we're gonna livestream Jed Bartlett's third term right up until the FBI breaks down the door to my basement dungeon/television studio.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Azathoth posted:

If Trump wins, I'm gonna kidnap Aaron Sorkin and Martin Sheen and maybe Rob Lowe and we're gonna livestream Jed Bartlett's third term right up until the FBI breaks down the door to my basement dungeon/television studio.

:eyepoop:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Screw it, here I go.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Yinlock posted:

look at this idiot who doesn't have a mad max outbreak plan

fallout outbreak plan > mad max outbreak plan

oh poo poo, this is going to be the new sanders vs. clinton thing won't it :ohdear:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

OK, so final count up to where I mentioned this was a pattern:

15 basic "if Trump wins, X that means it won't matter" posts.

6 posts in this pattern making specific references to Trump setting up a fascist state.

9 posts in this pattern making specific references to post-apocalyptic science fiction.

This may be a bit inflated, but not by much. Al! was the first to do this, with a fascism reference post that was the fourth post in the thread. Kudos.

Fun fact: the posts have transitioned over time from fascism to nuclear/post-apocalyptic. Says something about how folks are viewing the stakes/what will happen with Trump.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im a trendsetter

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Discendo Vox posted:

OK, so final count up to where I mentioned this was a pattern:

15 basic "if Trump wins, X that means it won't matter" posts.

6 posts in this pattern making specific references to Trump setting up a fascist state.

9 posts in this pattern making specific references to post-apocalyptic science fiction.

This may be a bit inflated, but not by much. Al! was the first to do this, with a fascism reference post that was the fourth post in the thread. Kudos.

Fun fact: the posts have transitioned over time from fascism to nuclear/post-apocalyptic. Says something about how folks are viewing the stakes/what will happen with Trump.

I think it's more to do with Trump slowly getting more terrifying as we get closer.

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

If Trump wins, it will be proof that this forum is indeed dead and gay. I'm with Her.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Azathoth posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, where's Bradley Whitford and Jon Spencer's corpse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DemeaninDemon posted:

I think it's more to do with Trump slowly getting more terrifying as we get closer.

the increasing boldness of fascists and racists

• Locked thread