Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

MB13 posted:

So I got my Steelbook copy of TF:TM 30th anniversary edition today.

It's missing the widescreen disc. It just has the fullscreen disc.

Is this being reported any where else? Are there any other people with the same problem or is it just my bad luck?

Is there supposed to be one? Just wondering because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MB13 posted:

So I got my Steelbook copy of TF:TM 30th anniversary edition today.

It's missing the widescreen disc. It just has the fullscreen disc.

Is this being reported any where else? Are there any other people with the same problem or is it just my bad luck?
I guess I dodged a bullet, I ordered my copy off Amazon and it had both discs.

I was considering ditching my 20th anniversary TFTM DVD, but as I look at the special features on the 20th Anniversary edition, there's a surprising lack of overlap with the new bluray.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I got my Classics Prime from a Goon, and I love him like crazy. I don't even mind the arm kibble because I think of them like gauntlet-shields, like how Captain America usually holds his shield. Best Prime I've ever owned, and I used to have MP-01.

MP-01 sucks, so that's not difficult.

But yeah, 06 Prime is a good toy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What's the next TR wave? The one with voyager Optimus and Megatron?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That's in 2017.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Gosh, TR Rewind is such a good boy, but transforming him gives me anxiety 100% of the time because it'd be so EASY to absent-mindedly snap his gun in half.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

That's in 2017.
No, that's "2017 wave 1."

Which probably shows up around the holidays.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

DoctorWhat posted:

Gosh, TR Rewind is such a good boy, but transforming him gives me anxiety 100% of the time because it'd be so EASY to absent-mindedly snap his gun in half.

I had to throw the gun in a drawer after I bent mine nearly 90 degrees, like an idiot. I can't believe it didn't break.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Xenomrph posted:

I guess I dodged a bullet, I ordered my copy off Amazon and it had both discs.

I was considering ditching my 20th anniversary TFTM DVD, but as I look at the special features on the 20th Anniversary edition, there's a surprising lack of overlap with the new bluray.

Yea mine was ordered from Amazon and has both as well. Might wanna get in touch with who you got it from.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Master Made Apollo turned up and good god almighty it might be the sexiest thing I've bought all year.

I'm really enjoying this series, so far despite being "Super Deformed" the only one that actually has a weird off-kilter head is Titan. Diabolus Rex just looks like a super stylised Trypticon and Apollo just looks badass.

Can't wait for their Scorponok now.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

This might be a minor thing about the bluray but I'm disappointed the digital copy isn't iTunes or UV. You get a link to download it from the Shout Factory website.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Amazon currently has Optimus Primal available for just under $40. It looks like its the Beast Machines version rather then the Beast Wars model. Anyone have this already and what do you think about it?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

40Inch posted:

I had to throw the gun in a drawer after I bent mine nearly 90 degrees, like an idiot. I can't believe it didn't break.

It can be bent back into shape but it's amazing how literally everyone has hosed this up so far.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

Amazon currently has Optimus Primal available for just under $40. It looks like its the Beast Machines version rather then the Beast Wars model. Anyone have this already and what do you think about it?
I think DoctorWhat picked one up and enjoys it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3555714&pagenumber=918&perpage=40#post464102042

DoctorWhat posted:

Got that YOTM Primal Prime. Never had the Air Attack mold before but for $40 shipped this is a great big chunk of toy. Simple but kind of inventive transformation, goofy but fun deco, dumb gimmicks that are localized rather than pervasive...

If he had thigh swivels he'd be pretty superb.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I sort of want a decent version of BM Optimus Primal, but that mold is too huge and I can't figure out who he's supposed to represent in those colours with that weird monkeytruck faction logo. It's a shame the smaller Blast Punch Primal sucked so badly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Okay kids, I have EIGHT Combiner Wars Deluxe Grooves for sale. My price is $18 plus actual shipping. I will ship loose to save you money if you want, it doesn't bug me how you want it done. Either way it should still come in cheaper than the $30 Amazon has it listed for.

Yo. This sounds great! Will PM shortly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yo. This sounds great! Will PM shortly.

Right on! That's three spoken for!

(I'm actually packing some right now)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good to see that Wolfwire is capable of doing all the important poses.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

It can be bent back into shape but it's amazing how literally everyone has hosed this up so far.

How are people doing this? Not sliding it out before trying to transform him?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

DoctorWhat posted:

Look at this guy. "I love complexity," then he destroys a simple Rewind.

You are Chromedome.

Anyway, that's how I say I haven't done this yet. Be careful with ya poo poo, man.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

DoctorWhat posted:

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

How are people doing this? Not sliding it out before trying to transform him?

Quoting this without context

(I bent the gun on an early sample so I knew better than to do it with my Rewind)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's just... perilous. Totally end-user error, of course, but...

I wonder if having the gun be affixed permanently as an arm cannon on a hinge would have reduced the likelihood of idiots like me making that mistake. Of course then it couldn't be the turret so nevermind...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

How's the quality on the Highbrow? I know Skullcruncher had a couple issues with loose joints, anything similar?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOLY FRIKKIN SALE

G2 Menasor and G2 Superion for $30 each SHIPPED via HasbroToyShop on Ebay

Menasor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222116917796?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Superion
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222026112082?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Welp.

I kinda wanted purpasor but couldn't justify the price having already gotten the normal one. But that's a hell of a discount.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DisposableHero posted:

Welp.

I kinda wanted purpasor but couldn't justify the price having already gotten the normal one. But that's a hell of a discount.

I wasn't going to bite on Superion but for the cost of a torso you bet your rear end I will. And wouldn't you know it a KO of those color PE hand/foot kits is available.

Edit: People on FB are saying they have been coming back into stock and quickly selling out so if you need one just keep refreshing.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 15, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

How's the quality on the Highbrow? I know Skullcruncher had a couple issues with loose joints, anything similar?

The opposite of Skull, apparently. Mine is pretty tight in most joints and some of them might be a little too tight. I bought him loose so the soft plastic rotors is a little bended

Edit:
Wolfwire's secret rakhshasa mode.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 16, 2016

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Does not ship to Canada :argh:

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Also a really good sale on Voyager Onslaught:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Wars-Voyager-Class-Onslaught-Figure-/322063293846?hash=item4afc77dd96

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

And Scattershot. But you on;y get free shipping at $9.99 and up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Wars-Voyager-Class-Scattershot-Figure-/322228854964?hash=item4b065620b4

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It literally says free shipping at 0.99 on the page you linked.

Seriously the banner is huge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

It literally says free shipping at 0.99 on the page you linked.

Seriously the banner is huge.

I misread it as $9.99!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Jetfire posted:

Does not ship to Canada :argh:

I know that feel :(

The MSJ posted:

The opposite of Skull, apparently. Mine is pretty tight in most joints and some of them might be a little too tight. I bought him loose so the soft plastic rotors is a little bended

Good to know, thanks!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Dang, part of me wishes I read this earlier haha. I don't even want the Aerialbots but for 30 bucks drat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Listener posted:

Dang, part of me wishes I read this earlier haha. I don't even want the Aerialbots but for 30 bucks drat.

Keep checking, it was "Sold Out" at 164 earlier today. They may put some more up.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Rhyno posted:

Keep checking, it was "Sold Out" at 164 earlier today. They may put some more up.

Yea it's currently sold out at 188. I'll keep checking though cuz that is a heck of a price for a whole combiner. Plus I had G2 Superion growing up so it'd be nice in a way haha

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Good Listener posted:

Yea it's currently sold out at 188. I'll keep checking though cuz that is a heck of a price for a whole combiner. Plus I had G2 Superion growing up so it'd be nice in a way haha

BRO

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/transformers-htsus-brands-others-transformers/-b3775as00

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/transformers-htsus-brands-others-transformers/-b3774as00

Sadly no free shipping on cheap orders but if you get both it will be frizzle.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Thanks for the heads up haha. Tooootally doing this.

I don't think I'll get Menasor G2 though...now if Bruticus G2 goes on sale like this...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I'm hoping for a G2 Bruticus/Defensor sale in like 5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gently caress I am at work and can't buy them noooooooo